Corruption of Champions! FAE - Closed!

Started by eBadger, April 08, 2015, 05:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eBadger

Quote from: Devil's Advocate on April 13, 2015, 10:26:51 PM
Name: Mousen (nickname Mouse)
Aspects
Constantly talks to himself/Salmun-Ka aloud when alone

I like him!  Everything looks good, but you may want to ponder that aspect. Might just be my limited imagination, but you may have a difficult time leveraging that to your benefit much. 

Quote from: Re Z L on April 13, 2015, 08:10:01 PMAlastríona Clíona

Trouble:  My lust for strength goes unchecked

Aspects:

• I will never be a victim
  • What if I become worse than what I hunt?
  • Leap before I look

Looks like a great concept, and that's definitely the best Trouble I've seen so far - can go in so many directions!

Too many Aspects, though; we have been limited to one plus race, which I'm increasingly feeling is too limiting, but definitely cut it down to two plus Human. 

To everyone generally: you may add a second Aspect to your character (to give you a total of three, one of which is Human).  Since this is a late change it needn't be completed by the end of recruiting; we can do it during prep or even once you've had a chance to discover what your character is like in Mareth. 

Sloppy Joe - Jo Libhaft, Wildcard Ex-Militant
Miroque - Acolyte Aishah Demel, of the Thrice Blessed Goddess
VonDoom - Marissa, Studious Witch Apprentice
Zaer Darkwail - Victor Blade, Crusading Seeker
Hexed - Litek, Sturdy Blacksmith Apprentice
Videospirit - Alex Stout, Former Knight Protector of the militant church
LunaLilith22 - Lilith, Flirty Alchemist's Apprentice
-Needs prologue, preferably picture
Paladin101 - Anton Ramondu, Swashbuckling Rogue
Re Z L - Alastríona Clíona, Blade-wielding monster hunter
-Need everything but sheet
Devil's Advocate - Mouse, Penitent, Wily Thief
Vercile - Elwyn Ainsborough, Bow-Wielding Light Mage
-Need personality/background/prologue

By PM:
ThatOneShrroth, Dancer
-Need everything
Tydorei
-Need everything
Sinestra
-Need everything

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: eBadger on April 13, 2015, 11:24:11 PM
I like him!  Everything looks good, but you may want to ponder that aspect. Might just be my limited imagination, but you may have a difficult time leveraging that to your benefit much.

*puffs* I'm a character builder. What can I say?  But yes, the leveraging may be an issue.  Just was thinking of the character, not the mechanics of the game.  Will ponder the aspect more while I sleep.
O/o's

A/a's

The trouble with resisting temptation is that is may never come again!

VonDoom

Quote from: Datawych on April 13, 2015, 10:11:13 PM
It looks like you've already got plenty of players (and I'm always a little hesitant to participate in large group games, as they're often unwieldy), but I'm interested if you ever need more players/need replacements.

What eBadger said! You'd be very welcome and the final group won't be that large. If you're troubled for time (and still interested in exploring the character, of course), reviving Alaya would absolutely be an option. I keep my PMs, so I should still have her writeup somewhere if you need it.  :-)

Quote from: Devil's Advocate on April 13, 2015, 11:43:01 PM
*puffs* I'm a character builder. What can I say?  But yes, the leveraging may be an issue.  Just was thinking of the character, not the mechanics of the game.  Will ponder the aspect more while I sleep.

He could draw on it to recover morale more quickly, maybe, or resist corruption? It is a bit difficult to place, though, for Invoking purposes. Maybe one could argue that because he talks to himself a lot he's good at talking? (That's not exactly realistic, but ... )
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

eBadger

Totally; it's a great character trait, and I encourage you to RP it, but for an Aspect describe character capabilities, resources or things she's done that are representative of who he is and what he can do.  Maybe drop either the penitent monk or wily rogue from his High Concept to an aspect? 

Datawych

Character Description: 

Name: Edie Montblanc
Sex: Female
Build: Lean and athletic
Height 5'8", 'all legs'
Skin tone: Pale base with a significant tan
Hair color: Black, nearly reaching her waist
Breast/cock size: Medium, unusually perky

Appearance

No doubt about it, Edie has a dancer's body. Everything about her is lean and trim, with faint but noticeable muscle definition; the kind that indicates they get plenty of use, but do little heavy lifting. Her legs are exceptionally long, dominating a large portion of her figure. Because of this, she is rather short-waisted, which only serves to accentuate the curve between her waist and hips.

She is rather vain about her hair, and spends far too much of her money on expensive oils to ensure that it is always especially shiny and pleasant-smelling.

Edie's skin is actually much paler than her dark hair might suggest, but it receives so much sun exposure that it would take a very long time indoors before it returned to its natural tone.

Her eyes are a striking seafoam green.

Personality
Edie tends to come off as the last person one would find working as an exotic dancer. While she's aware that she is attractive, she is generally very uncomfortable being told so, and often feels like she is only appreciated for her physical form.

Her choice of profession only serves to exacerbate this, but the simple fact is that dancing is one of the only activities that she finds truly enjoyable, and she comes from a place where the only professional dancers are of the exotic variety. While she could probably find some other way to support herself, dancing is the only thing that she considers herself exceptional at, so she has accepted the fact that taking her clothes off is just part of the job.

Edie is quick to learn new things, but is horrible at thinking on her feet, so she finds that the best way to get out of trouble is to avoid getting into it in the first place. Similarly, Edie believes that confrontation only leads to problems, and so she is more than happy to swallow her pride and act like a brainless stripper if it can keep her out of harm's way.

While she is more than comfortable undressing for strangers, she is generally bad at meeting new people, so the only people who ever get to see 'off the clock Edie' are her closest personal friends.

Background
Edie is and always has been a city dweller. Hailing from one of the largest metropolitan areas in her home world, she grew up among the hustle and bustle of the city; hearing sounds at all hours of the night, merchants selling anything and everything that someone could possibly want to buy (both legal and illegal), being taught that specific parts of the city should never be entered without an extremely good reason, criminals smart enough to pass for law-abiding folk...

Though that isn't to say that she is unable to live in the wilderness - many of the techniques, strategies, and habits that allow one to flourish in a big city also apply to the woods, assuming one is willing to be satisfied with what food can be foraged rather than hunted.

Edie - Edivra to her parents (though she won't respond if anyone else calls her that) - grew up in a typical household for the city in which she grew up. Her parents weren't particularly wealthy - her father working as cloth merchant and her mother working as a local healer - but they were well-off enough that Edie was never forced to deal with the roughest inhabitants of the city. Of course, their level of wealth meant that she never got to experience the greatest pleasures that the city had to offer, either.

As she got older, she began to wander - as children are often wont to do - and she became intimately familiar with the neighborhoods around where she lived. The more of the city she became familiar with, the bolder she became, until eventually she was exploring the richest districts where it was obvious she didn't belong as well as the seedy underbelly that her parents had expressly told her to stay away from. It wasn't long before she was on speaking terms with rich nobles, dirty beggars, and unscrupulous criminals. However, though many people of the city knew of her, she never felt like anyone actually knew her. She always felt as though she lacked that defining characteristic that would make her someone of note, rather than just 'that girl who comes around sometimes'.

Then, finally, as an early teenager, she came across the something she was so overwhelmingly interested in that she was barely able to think of anything else. During one of her explorations, she happened upon a group of travelling performers. Such people weren't exactly uncommon in the city, but this particular group hailed from a distant country where various forms of dance were considered high art, and where there were people who dedicated their lives to perfecting such arts and learning as many different varieties as possible. However, the city generally looked upon dance with disfavor - the most notable citizens found it a distasteful art form, and preferred more 'civilized' ones, such as sculpture and drama.

Edie went back to watch the dancers nearly every day, until they eventually left to find another place to perform. Search as she might, Edie was unable to find anyone in the city who treated dance in the same manner as the troupe. So, working only from memory, Edie set about teaching herself. Alas, such endeavors can only take one so far, and eventually she reached a point where she was unable to improve further without finding someone who better than herself who could provide more formal instruction. Edie searched and searched, asking everyone who would listen, but only managed to find one type of place where dance was given more than a passing thought; brothels and burlesque halls.

Despite how uncomfortable their particular forms of dance made her, Edie continually told herself that it was only a temporary solution; a means of acquiring enough money to leave the city in pursuit of a real dancing instructor and people who would appreciate her art for what it really was. But life found a way to muss up her plans, as it often does. As her parents got older, their deteriorating health made it more and more difficult for them to continue working, and Edie had to use nearly all of her earnings in order to support them. All the while, her parents had no idea what she did for money, and she was too embarrassed to tell them the truth.

Edie's father passed in the first week of her 20th year, and her mother soon followed, the heartbreak of losing her husband hurrying her already failing health. With nothing left to keep her in the city, Edie became determined to find a way to finally follow her dreams. She had already become a master of several types of dance... Just not the ones she wanted.

Writing Sample/Prologue
"I'm telling you, this is a bad idea. Like... A really bad idea..." Edie hissed at her friend Vara. Vara was a regular dancer at one of the burlesque halls that Edie frequented, and was in the process of teaching Edie some new techniques. Like many exotic dancers, though, Vara had a tendency to get herself involved in things that she shouldn't, and tonight was a particularly prime example. Edie hitched up her skirt - a scandalously short number decorated with coins, chains, and scales. It was supposed to jingle pleasantly when she danced, but hurrying down a dark alley it made her more noticeable than a drunken knight in full chain mail.

"Shhh! It'll be fine, I'm telling you." Of course Vara thought it would be fine; she was wearing light, floaty, silent silks. Not to mention Vara had had so many run-ins with the city guard that she was on speaking terms with half of them, and of the other half, it was a rare one who couldn't be 'convinced' to let her go. Edie was no stranger to the guards, either, but she was significantly more averse to 'bribing' them, as Vara so eloquently put it. The only thing that kept her following her friend was the promise of coin, and - assuming Vara wasn't exaggerating - quite a lot of it. They didn't even have to do anything illegal, really, just look pretty and provide an enticing enough distraction that Vara's 'acquaintances' could make off with pocket- and arm-fulls of valuables.

Hopefully - whatever they were planning on stealing - her share would be enough to get her passage out of the city and a few months' worth of lodging. She really had no idea how long it would take to establish herself as a legitimate performer. Sure, her current occupation was always an option, but Edie wanted to make money for being a wonderful dancer, not for being a beautiful girl who happened to dance as she undressed. Edie didn't hate being an exotic dancer, though. Dancing was the only time she ever really felt confident in herself, and after the first few weeks she no longer cared that undressing was part of all her routines. The praise she had heaped on her for being beautiful wasn't bad, either. But it still wasn't the same as what had so captivated her when she was younger; the dancers who moved in a way that made them look something other than human. Something capable of movement that no human could even dream of. A virtuoso whose instrument was his or her own body.

"'Don't worry, Edie,' she said. 'It'll be fine,' she said. I'm never listening to you again." Edie hissed at Vara as the guards opened her cell and led her out by the arms. Every few years, on a specific festival day, the city selected a 'champion' to be sent through a mysterious - and most certainly magical - portal that opened for a few moments at midnight. Normally the champions were selected from the eldest children of the noble families, but this year the father of the champion selected regaled the city with a tale of how Edie had 'selflessly and courageously volunteered so that no parents need lose a child forever'. The truth was somewhat different. Edie had been given two choices - lose a hand, or be the year's champion. Since there was a rather small market for one-handed exotic dancers, Edie had taken the other choice.

Well, at least she'd finally managed to get out of the city...

Ons/Offs
Open to most anything that comes up in CoC. Except those worm swarms. Furries are low on the list, but are still definitely acceptable in plenty of cases.

Character Sheet: 

High Concept
Self-conscious exotic dancer

Trouble
- Instinct to perform

Aspects
- I am disturbingly flexible and have incredible balance. It's part of why I'm such a good dancer.
- I am rather socially awkward and often don't behave the way others expect someone in my profession to behave.
- I am human.

Approaches
Careful - 2
Clever - 1
Flashy - 3
Forceful - 0
Quick - 1
Sneaky - 2

Fate Points
3 Refresh

Stunts
Utilize Stereotypes: Because people often view exotic dancers as all beauty and no brains, I gain +2 when Flashily convincing someone that I'm harmless.

Strippers Don't Listen: Because people often carry on conversations as if I'm not there, once per chapter I am able to utilize a piece of that someone in my line of work wouldn't commonly know.

Dancer's Grace: Because of a combination of natural ability and years of training, I gain +2 when Flashily evading enemy attacks as long as I'm unencumbered.

VonDoom

Hey Datawych!

eBadger's currently sleeping, but I figure I might as well give some feedback and recommendations: Your High Concept and other Aspects seem fine.

I don't think your Trouble is too broad. Actually, I think it may be too limited, depending on how musically inclined the various creatures and cultures are. If we only encounter music once every blue moon, it won't see much use. Perhaps 'Goes with the Flow' instead to indicate that she tends to go along with the mood of a certain scene, which would of course also apply when the music thing happens?

For your Stunts … Utilize Stereotypes and Dancer's Grace look great, but I'm not sure Strippers Don't Listen is appropriate unless the characters find themselves largely in an urban environment. I'd either leave the stunt slot open and if it comes up, introduce the Stunt in-game (which is absolutely an option. If you have free Stunt slots, you can come up with one to fill it on the fly) or replace it.

@Re Z L Your proposal also looks pretty great! I look forward to seeing the background and personality! (Hopefully in time.)

O&O

Datawych

Quote from: VonDoom on April 14, 2015, 06:06:56 AM
I'm not sure Strippers Don't Listen is appropriate unless the characters find themselves largely in an urban environment. I'd either leave the stunt slot open and if it comes up, introduce the Stunt in-game (which is absolutely an option. If you have free Stunt slots, you can come up with one to fill it on the fly) or replace it.

Aww... That's actually my favorite one... >.>;

Re Z L

@Re Z L Your proposal also looks pretty great! I look forward to seeing the background and personality! (Hopefully in time.)

Heading to work shortly, but I'll have it finished up when I get home  :)
A&A

VonDoom

Quote from: Datawych on April 14, 2015, 06:24:22 AM
Aww... That's actually my favorite one... >.>;

It's a great stunt, I just fear it won't be scene appropriate very often.

Though reading it again ... if you changed it slightly, you could use it for general information, too, just declaring she overheard it at some point.

O&O

Datawych

Well, by 'information I probably shouldn't have', I meant potentially any information that would surprise people if Edie knew it. Though I had initially been mostly considering sensitive information.

Devil's Advocate

QuoteHe could draw on it to recover morale more quickly, maybe, or resist corruption? It is a bit difficult to place, though, for Invoking purposes. Maybe one could argue that because he talks to himself a lot he's good at talking? (That's not exactly realistic, but ... )

Morale, actually may be a good place to go with it.  I don't think it helps him resist corruption as he still steals. :) 
O/o's

A/a's

VonDoom

I'm pretty sure CoC Corruption doesn't care if you're a thief.  ;D

O&O

wigglebiscuit

Looks like you guys have a great thing going on here.
I'm going out of town for a week, so I won't have time to submit a character, but I've made a very similar setting called the Dungeon of Depravity, and it might be helpful as a source of inspiration.
You can check it out here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=222964.0
As well as the current RP thread here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=224920.0

eBadger

Hey Datawych!

eBadger's currently sleeping, but I figure I might as well give some feedback and recommendations: Your High Concept and other Aspects seem fine.

I don't think your Trouble is too broad. Actually, I think it may be too limited, depending on how musically inclined the various creatures and cultures are. If we only encounter music once every blue moon, it won't see much use. Perhaps 'Goes with the Flow' instead to indicate that she tends to go along with the mood of a certain scene, which would of course also apply when the music thing happens?

For your Stunts … Utilize Stereotypes and Dancer's Grace look great, but I'm not sure Strippers Don't Listen is appropriate unless the characters find themselves largely in an urban environment. I'd either leave the stunt slot open and if it comes up, introduce the Stunt in-game (which is absolutely an option. If you have free Stunt slots, you can come up with one to fill it on the fly) or replace it.

+1, really - broaden your Trouble a bit (there will only be so many times when there's both music and a reason dancing is a bad decision), and while I do like the idea of that stunt I'm not entirely sure how it's going to play out, especially early in the game. 

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: VonDoom on April 14, 2015, 09:11:47 AM
I'm pretty sure CoC Corruption doesn't care if you're a thief.  ;D

I'm pretty sure of that, too.  In fact, it would probably increase my corruption in CoC.... :)
O/o's

A/a's

VonDoom

No, no, I meant that stealing isn't something that falls into pure vs. corrupt in the way it's relevant for this game. The corruption specifically is about demonic influence.

@eBadger Basically, if the 'sensitive' bit is removed, she could for example use it to spontaneously recall how to tell the cardinal directions in the wild, or in a civilized setting she may 'know' (or declare, if it's a minor NPC)  that this town guard is amendable to bribes. The latter would necessitate that she have spent time in the area before, of course.

O&O

eBadger

Quote from: VonDoom on April 14, 2015, 09:55:04 AM@eBadger Basically, if the 'sensitive' bit is removed, she could for example use it to spontaneously recall how to tell the cardinal directions in the wild, or in a civilized setting she may 'know' (or declare, if it's a minor NPC)  that this town guard is amendable to bribes. The latter would necessitate that she have spent time in the area before, of course.

Hmm.  Ya know, it's something that would be neat to see roleplayed.  If it's a pain you can always swap it out later. 

Tydorei

Name: Visenya Veritas
Build: Ripped, lean frame
Height: 5'5
Skin tone: Pale
Hair color: Black
Breast size: Visenya has rather small breasts, though her armor gives a false impression.

Appearance

Her hair is an unnatural black, as if it were a void that darkened it's surroundings. Her hair is braided into thick locks on the sides and back until being combed up and over towards her left side, covering one side of her face as well. Though her hair style is often unseen, as she tends to wear a hood outdoors and indoors. Her facial features were stern: angular jaw, near pointed chin, sharp check bones, edged lips, and a small rigid nose. The woman's eyes were a striking green, even enchanting... but made of ice. Her body's build was one that was honed through years of training. She has a small, lithe frame, yet stronger than one would imagine. Though hidden behind her hair, scars can be seen over her left eye and cheek when a breeze comes by.

Personality

On first impressions, one would think Visenya was a cold and apathetic individual from her demeanor and the way she acknowledges others. Which isn't entirely untrue, for she holds herself apart from others, not physically, but mentally. As if others weren't on her level, but she doesn't condemn them for it. Visenya is a quiet and stern person. She is one who is seemingly never lax, surprisingly diligent in all that she does even when alone. She only ever takes it easy when there is nothing to be done, which is rare. If anyone is around her long enough however they would find she can be social; if debates over laws, morality and duty can be considered social. When dealing with others, Visenya is suspicious and observant, always making sure she has missed no details... least she be caught unawares.

Background

Oppressed. That is the word best describe Visenya's country. They had refused to send 'Champions' through the portal into the demon realms as tribute. Instead they set up bastions around the portals to keep invaders at bay. And they succeeded... for a time. Then, like the breaking of a dam, hordes beyond count poured forth from the portal. Such multitudes that they carpeted the land for miles as they showed the world what happens when you don't send tribute. For half a century, the demons began making Visenya's homeland there own. But not all spirits were broken. Many of the faithful went underground, forming Cults of Mara as they bide their time. Visenya and Vexas were raised in such a cult. For her formative years she lived a cloistered existence in endless study. From knowledge of her own world, to the scraps they learned from beyond the portal, Visenya had to learn it all. As she grew older, lessons she received changed. Scriptures and lectures slowly gave way to martial and aptitude testing. Her rigorous upbringing left no time for fun and games... every thing was regimented. Visenya was found to be fast, keen of senses and most of all, deceitful. And that is what they focused on. Her masters were very meticulous with her training and harsh, for their progeny had to have no failing. They forced her to encounter, evade, and track all sorts of horrid, lesser demons throughout her training. And this was happening to many others throughout the country before crusade to take back their country had begun. It was a long, drawn out war... many heroes... many martyr's. But there was only one Champion. Her brother Vexas, Justice incarnate itself. It was he who lead them to victory over the demons. He who drove the demonic overlord and their minions scurry back through the portal... And he... who is missing.

Writing Sample/Prologue

Visenya walked down the cold, stone hallway with a quick, snapping pace. Her boots clicked with ever step and echoed off the wall, joining the low yet pleading voices of the two nurses that hurried after her. They called for her, urging her to stop. They meant well. She knows they do. But its been a month. A whole month! ... and He has been on the other side, alone. "Nngghh!" With a sudden groan, Visenya's dark leather form leaned against the wall shaking, clutching at her chest. The sharp pain... pleasure... just couldn't be ignored. She thought back to the last moments she remembered... Vexas, who shouldered her country's hopes and dreams, was reeling and smoldering from some dark magical attack. The demonic overlord gloating as they readied a viler, more insidious one... proclaiming that Vexas shall be their most prized trophy. Visenya was between them in the blink of an eye, the cursed spell striking her in the chest and wracking her body with horrible pain of which she never felt before... but it was the intense orgasm that she had that made her pass out. Before her eyelids closed however, she saw wings of light burst from Vexas's back and she knew the day had been won.

"My Lady please, your ailment still troubles you so." One of the nurses pleaded, bringing Visenya back to the present.

"And it will trouble me later. What of it." Visenya hissed as she realizes she is clutching at her small breast. She pushe herself off the wall and continued her stoic march down the hallway. Her time in her coma have been filled with such... horrendous debauchery filled dreams... and flashes of them happen whenever her cursed wound acts up. Shoving open the heavy doors to the ramparts that surrounded the portal, Visenya made an effort to straighten herself up. Here there was always a large garrison of soldiers, ready to strike at anything that exited the portal. As she walked through the defenses the squawking hens, that were her nurses, stopped as Visenya gave them a curt look. She would have no more of it. The soldiers parted for her to make her way toward the portal easier. Some were grinning and smiling, relieved that one of their heroes have woken up and is up and walking again. Others were grim, knowing that Visenya had come here for one thing only.

"Inquisitor Veritas, Praise be to Mara that your back on your feet." The garrison commander called out pleasantly as he stepped before her, blocking her path toward the portal. Then he pauses, thinking of what he could possibly say to dissuade her from this path.

"You know why I'm here, Battalion Commander Yorick." Visenya replied back in kind, though not mockingly. Just matter of factually.

"The High Council doesn't wish for you to follow after the Grand Marshal." He said warningly, studying her.

"Will you take up arms to keep me from my brother?" she replied back sternly, while keeping her poise. Any sign of weakness... and Yorick would not let her pass... And in her condition, he could stop her.

Avoiding the question, Yorick tried a different angle. "After we free the other nations from the demonic incursion, we shall crusade into their very realms itself."

"I am sworn to him and his crusade started a month ago." Visenya replied flatly.

And just like that, Commander Yorick stood aside. The path towards the portal was open to her. Vexas went inside for her and so she too will go inside for him.

Ons/Offs
Detailed List

Liked Creature Encounters

Demons
Kitsune
Harpy
Drider/Arachne
Minotaurs/Cowgirls
Tentacle beasts
Dog People
Rat people
Lizard people
Slime Girls
Shark Girls
Anemone
Naga
Sand Witches
Salamander/Dragon
Centaurs
Insect people

Transformation Preferences

Down for anything really. Since its a role play experience. Though Arachne or Naga stays with the shadow theme...?

Fetishes

Corruption
Transformation
Futanari
Non-consent/dubious consent
Bondage (light)
Piercings
Tattoos
Enslavement
Light S&M
Incest
Androgyny
Oviposition
Cum Addiction
Lactation
Pregnancy
Being in heat
Hypnosis/Mind Control
Bimbofication
Horse Cock
Hyper
Slim
Cumflation
Weird Nipples

Offs

what... what are offs?

Character Sheet: 

High Concept: Dark Inquisitor

Trouble: Cursed Wound

Aspects:

I'm Sworn to Him!
I'm Human
The Shadows Should Fear Me!

Approaches:

Careful +2
Clever +1
Flashy +0
Forceful +1
Quick +2
Sneaky +3

Fate Points: 3
Refresh: 2

Stunts

Cloak of Darkness: Because I am extremely fast, I get a +2 when I Quickly defend someone else against attacks
Shinobi Tactics: Because I use devious techniques, I get a +2 when I Sneakily create advantages for myself and allies
Keen Inquisitor: Because I have honed my senses, I get a +2 when I Carefully overcome traps, spot ambushes, tail someone unseen and follow tracks
Shadow Assault:

Datawych

Quote from: eBadger on April 14, 2015, 10:27:38 AM
Hmm.  Ya know, it's something that would be neat to see roleplayed.  If it's a pain you can always swap it out later.

Yay! :D Posted some background stuff (why does everything always end up longer than I think it's going to?) and I'm working on getting my sample now.

VonDoom

Quote from: Datawych on April 14, 2015, 05:33:55 AM
Ons/Offs
Open to most anything that comes up in CoC. Except those worm swarms. Furries are low on the list, but are still definitely acceptable in plenty of cases.

Haha, poor worms can't catch a break.  ;D

(But that's okay. No one likes them anyway.)

O&O

Datawych

Quote from: VonDoom on April 14, 2015, 11:02:04 AM
Haha, poor worms can't catch a break.  ;D

(But that's okay. No one likes them anyway.)
What can I say? I'm generally not a fan of swarms of things. I'm weird like that.

VonDoom

Not to worry, I don't think anyone expressed an interest in 'em so far and they're on my off-list as well.  ;D

That said, I'm a-OK with, say, a tentacle suit or two showing up.  O:)

O&O

eBadger

Yeah, no worries, worms aren't really a particular thing for me anyways.  And VonDoom's Off's have been cut and pasted enough that I figure they're basically game-wide except by request. 

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: VonDoom on April 14, 2015, 09:55:04 AM
No, no, I meant that stealing isn't something that falls into pure vs. corrupt in the way it's relevant for this game. The corruption specifically is about demonic influence.

I'm aware.  Just...never mind.  :)

Quote@eBadger Basically, if the 'sensitive' bit is removed, she could for example use it to spontaneously recall how to tell the cardinal directions in the wild, or in a civilized setting she may 'know' (or declare, if it's a minor NPC)  that this town guard is amendable to bribes. The latter would necessitate that she have spent time in the area before, of course.
O/o's

A/a's

Sinestra

Name: Eris Sorrowind

Height: 6'0
Skin tone: Pale
Hair color: Black, Waist-Length
Build: Average
Breasts: Average

Appearance: Raised in a school of "Dark Studies" since she can remember, Eris' appearance and demeanor are largely informed by acceptance of the fact that horrors exist just beyond the veil of her supposedly peaceful world. With raven hair and tall standing, Eris puts on an intimidating and confident figure despite not being overly muscled or armed. Using decorations in her style of dress to emphasis her life of dark study, she is unshakable in posture and gaze, even if she stands bare for the world to see or dressed in ceremonial garb.

Personality: Just as her appearance is influenced by her sheltered yet uniquely informed upbringing, so too is her personality. Knowing the horrors of worlds beyond your own lends to a casual air of confidence when dealing with the mundane day to day events of one's life. Confident in the extreme, knowledgeable and stalwart in manner, Eris is always ready to act in defiance of both the mundane and the horrors she's been trained to both learn-of and defeat. While she knows the fate of those who fall to the enemy, she has long prepared herself for such an inevitability. Training to keep one's sanity, even when preparing to venture into the all-encompassing terror, is something she has prepared for her entire life, and when confronted with that inevitability, she knows she'll be ready.

Background
Born to a pair of loving parents on a world long beset-upon by the demons beyond the veil, Eris was originally destined for something much better than where fate decided to throw her. While her world had surprising peace with the demon hordes in recent years, rarely an attack would still occur. The Sunsorrow family were such an unfortunate circumstance. Her father slaughtered and her mother dragged away into the night, Eris had been left behind beneath her bed at the age of 4. Unable to comprehend what she had seen, the little girl laid beneath her bed and cried for nearly a day before she was discovered by Inquisitors which had come to investigate reports of a demonic attack. Seeing the lone child the Inquisitors took her in and delivered her to a place partially responsible for keeping their world as peaceful as it was. Affectionately a school for Orphans of similar circumstances, Eris slowly began to learn that she had become a part of a school dedicated to studying and training those that fought the otherworldly horrors.

Years would pass, the trauma of her parents passing quickly fading beneath mountains of tomes and research into the creatures that history had seen, and from the minimal tales of returning Champions. Eris grew into a sharp and capable woman, embraced with a detached understanding and mind, no doubt influenced by the circumstances of her childhood. She studied the fel arts of their enemies, the wicked and the arcane, practiced lightly of armaments and even helped teach rising champions, the few there were, the ways to stay alive beyond the veil. Beautiful in her own way, Eris allowed herself little time for high fashion, prefering simple silks and accents borrowed from the school's styling. She knew, one day, she might be chosen to break the veil and venture as a Champion, but in the end she knew there was only so much for her to learn within her world. Behind the veil, where the horrors lived, she knew there was so much more to learn, to see and do. Far more than she would ever be permitted to in her little world. When the time came, she would be ready. And while she was not the strongest or the fastest, she knew that the body could be trained, weapons could be learned with practiced, but Ignorance could never be excused.

Ons/Offs
Player Ons: BDSM (with many specialties within, ponygirl etc), Dehumanization, Demons/Unholy, Creatures (tentacles included), Power
Player Offs: Scat play of any kind, "age play", worm flesh-infestation/diseases etc. (Anything not expressly mentioned here should be considered, "Exciting but not my favorite" so is OK to use/see)

High Concept
Wickedly Determined Champion

Trouble
Curiosity of Corruption

Aspects
Human Race
Knowledge of Corruption: Her life long study of demons and the corruption gives her remarkable insight.
Wicked Quick Learner: Emotional detachment has it's advantages, allowing her to absorb remarkable knowledge quickly.

Approaches
Careful: 0
Clever: 3
Flashy: 2
Forceful: 1
Quick: 2
Sneaky: 1

Fate Points: 3
Refresh: 3

Stunts
Because of my study of the corruption, I get a +2 bonus to Cleverly defend/resist a demon's supernatural effects..
Because of my mental discipline and knowledge of the corrupted, once per chapter, I can automatically resist the negative portion of Corruption-effects of a single item or action.
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."