Blood Oath: A Lost Girl AU Game (LGBTQA Friendly! Urban Fantasy! Accepting!)

Started by Bloodied Porcelain, July 11, 2014, 09:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

undisclosedtoyou

I just have a quick question, and feel free to tell me to fuck off for asking, hun.

But why do we need to spoiler all NC and extreme content, when it's in the Extreme section?  I figure, yeah it's because maybe some players won't be comfy cozy with it; but wouldn't agreeing to being in a game that's located in the extreme section sort of imply that they're okay with extreme content?
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Bloodied Porcelain

We put the game in the Extreme section so that all content allowed under E rules is allowed in the game (let's face it, the fae aren't usually nice people so extreme stuff is bound to happen), but some people may want to join but would be put off by having to possibly read NC and EX content. Spoilering and tagging the posts ensures that people who don't want to partake can still be in the game without having to read anything they're not comfortable with.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

midnight diamond

Makes sense. But wouldn't tagging the posts themselves, which we're supposed to do, inform those who don't wish to see that sort of content to just skip past it from the beginning?

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: midnight diamond on July 13, 2014, 09:23:59 PM
Makes sense. But wouldn't tagging the posts themselves, which we're supposed to do, inform those who don't wish to see that sort of content to just skip past it from the beginning?

It's safer to spoiler them, prevents any possibility that someone might end up reading something that triggers not great things for them.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

midnight diamond

Bloodied Porcelain

For those who may be wondering, I will be playing The Boudicca (NYC's version of The Morrigan) and Cerigo will be handling The Elder (NYC's version of The Ash). They will both be NPCs so in most instances won't show up except for important Dark/Light events and plot stuff. If you have any questions regarding either side you can approach either of us, but Cerigo will be handling most Light-Oriented questions and I will be handling most Dark-Oriented ones.

Cerigo will also be playing the Waykeeper as one of his main characters, so should you have any questions regarding the Waypoint or any such thing he will most likely be the one answering them.

For those who are curious about the races that we are currently going to be using for our NPCs/PCs:

I have reserved one of the Sucubus slots, and also plan to make an Alkonost. Cerigo has plans for an ice dragon and an earth elemental type

It should also be noted that there is now a list of all the threads currently made in the first post of this thread. :)

Bloodied Porcelain

Another update since we are starting to recieve character sheets:

There is a write up on the difference between The Light, The Dark, and Under Fae here. Cerigo is working on writing out descriptions for the different territories in NYC and who holds what. I will also be working on information on fae society, holidays, etc as well and will announce when it is finished.

Cerigo

If it all goes well, I hope to have the outline descriptions and territory marked on a map.
Selectively Seeking New Stories
"It is not enough to conquer; one must know how to seduce."  Voltaire

On and Offs
Ideas

AndyZ

One of the things I have to worry about, though, and it may have been mentioned and I just missed it.  How will we deal with spoilers for this?  I have a plan for a particular type of creature from Season 3, but how do I put it down without letting people know all about that thing if they haven't watched that far in yet?  Similarly, I tend not to get to see the episodes until they show on Syfy, so will I have to worry about spoilers myself?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Bloodied Porcelain

We will be borrowing creatures but no big story points from the show. Unfortunately this does mean that some of the creatures may be spoiled for those who haven't seen those episodes, but the story will in no way go through the events of the show.

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Kuroneko on July 14, 2014, 05:30:43 PM
Plants my lilttle flag of interest  ::)

Squeeeeee :D

Also... Fae society stuff is up and finished, as well as entries on The Light, The Dark, and Under Fae.

Bloodied Porcelain

I just finished the sheet for The Boudicca. :D Just waiting on Cerigo to give it a look over and approve so I can post her up ^.^

AmberStarfire

I'm definitely interested in playing in the game.

I've seen 3 seasons of the show so far, though it was a few years back now. I have them all so can re-watch them. I have light and dark fae characters already created that I played on another site, but I'm not sure I'd want to play them again. Maybe I would create someone new. I think perhaps a dark fae. Will you allow a mesmer character?

Bloodied Porcelain

I've already got a mesmer in play (see The Boudicca's sheet) but we'd be willing to consider another mesmer depending upon the character. Given that mesmers were hunted to near-extinction the back story behind a mesmer would have to be VERY good.

AmberStarfire

I don't want to create a sheet unless I know I can play the concept first. However, I have played a mesmer before. I can send you my character's old sheet if you like and it might give you some idea of how I played her and how I approached her being a mesmer?

Bloodied Porcelain

Well given mesmers only really have one power, I'm not worried about how you played her, I'm more interested in how you explain her surviving the near total destruction of the mesmer species by the Una Mens and their hunters.

AmberStarfire

Flower

AmberStarfire

Thanks DF. I think I will, as it seems to be cool with BP.

Bloodied Porcelain

:) If anyone knows others they would like to have in on this, please feel free to give them a nudge and invite them along. ^.^

AmberStarfire

So BP, does this mean I can play that mesmer or do I need to submit a new sheet first before you and Cerigo decide? :D

Bloodied Porcelain

You are allowed to play the concept you asked about, but yes we do still need to see a sheet before she can be 100% approved ;)

AmberStarfire