Harry Potter Mafia Game Thread ~ WIZARDS WIN!!!

Started by Sarena, November 25, 2012, 02:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kythia

Kythia turned to RedPhoenix "I fear that is my fault, my dear.  Indirectly, but mine nonetheless.  Mr Waddles, you see, has a great fondness for Sherbert Balls.  And so he is using his considerable oratorical skills to sway others to Josietta's side in the hopes he will be rewarded.  He will not be, though.  He is an uncommonly fat duck already and Sherbert Balls will not help one jot."

Mr Waddles quacked and Kythia glared at him angrily.

"You wash your mouth out Mr Waddles.  It was nothing more than the truth."

Sarena

Vote Tally:

Josietta 6
ThatRPGuy 3
Aiden 3
Kythia 2
Remiel 1
Beguile's Mistress 3

Yet to Vote:
MCsc, Moirae

Last Call!  We'll be moving on to Night One Tuesday morning around 8ish.  Sooner if everyone votes before then.  :)
(Just bringing this to the next page!)
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

RedPhoenix

Red seems to have no clue what is going on, other than sneakily feeding candy to Mr. Waddles while she thinks Kythia isn't looking!
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Missy

MacLoch entered the Ministry of Magic dressed more like a warrior of olden times than a wizard, but then what would one expect from celtic royalty? Though he was indeed a member of the royal family he didn't enter with fanfair or with any great tumult of noise, nothing to draw attention to himself or to set himself apart more than his attire already had. Instead he entered the hall with a quiet grace and lithe motion which would have allowed him to blend easily, if not for his attire, with the other assembled attendees at the seat of magical governance.

MacLoch took his seat near the head of the table, yet not so close as to have his voice drowned out by the ever so humble Remiel. MacLoch observed with quiet concentration the words spoken by each other sorcerer. Making mental note of each wizard or witches demeanor and quirks to discern which would make the most likely candidate to serve as Minister of Magic. The various wizards and witches each offered votes for one another, some offering reasoning others offering very little. In the end he cast his vote for Beguile's Misstress

Sarena

With 6 votes in her favor, Josietta is elected the new Minister of Magic as the group tries to make sense of the latest news in The Daily Prophet.

These are very truly troubling times!  With this latest discovery of the missing artifact, wizards all over the world are worried that the new Dark Wizard is  on a fast rise to power.  While it is still unclear who or what caused the disappearance of Merlin's Beard, it is clear that something must be done quickly.  We can only hope that the group gathered at the Ministry of Magic are up to the task!

Night One Begins!

Death Eaters and the rest of you lot will be getting a PM shortly from me to let you know who you all are!

The rest of you with night abilities, PM me with what you would like to do, Dark Arts Expert and Seer, this mainly means you! 
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Remiel

Remiel listened to the votes being cast with an increasingly growing sense of confusion and shock.  Did they not hear him?  Did they not know that he, Remiel Remielingtonton, Head of the Ministry of Muggle Affairs and winner of Who's Who in Wizarding's "Most Handsome Wizard" contest five years running, was running for Minister of Magic?  Completely nonplussed, he found, that perhaps for the first time in many months, that he was left bereft of speech.

"Well," he said at last, with barely concealed bad grace, when the votes were tallied and Josietta was named the new Minister, "Remiel wishes you all the best of luck.  While I am sure that Josietta is a fine witch and will make an adequately capable Minister, should you all come to your senses and wish to address the Death Eater problem seriously, you all know where to find me. "

He drew himself up, intending to sweep haughtily from the room; unfortunately, this was not helped when the edge of his robe  became entangled with the leg of his chair, and he tripped, sprawling, to the floor.  Barely a second had passed, however, before he jumped back up, straightening his vest and tie, and smoothing out his trousers.  With his chin held high, sniffing in affronted disdain, he crossed to the chamber doors and opened them.

Immediately the hall became a fracas of noise and activity as the reporters of various sundry publications, in addition to Remiel's groupies, noticed his reappearance.  His expression transformed in an instant, going from bad-tempered to all sunny smiles.  "Yes, my friends, the Ministry has decided to take action.  While I, obviously, was the natural candidate for the Minister of Magic position, it was decided that a wizard of my experience and, let's face it, charm, should be more involved in a more practical, hands-on approach.  I shall personally launch an investigation into..."

With that, the doors closed behind him, thankfully muting the hubbub.

Sarena

With the dawn of another day, the news of Moirae's death spread quickly.  A quick search of her office and belongings at the Ministry of Magic revealed her to be nothing more than an innocent wizard, there trying to make the world a better place for Muggles and Wizards alike. 

But who was responsible for this terrible deed?  The remaining wizards in attendance at the Ministry are left to try and pick up the pieces and hopefully find the one responsible. 

VOTE!

Players:

Aiden
Beguile's Mistress
Chelemar
James Moriarty
Josietta
Kendra
Kythia
Luna
MCsc
Mr Bigglesworth
Niferbelle
persephone325
RedPhoenix
Remiel
Sasha
Starlequin
SunshineSparkle
ThatRPGuy

Roles:

Dark Arts Expert
Seer
Potions Master
Healer
Wizards x4-7

Muggle
Mudblood

Dark Lord/Lady
Dementor
The Impostor
Death Eaters x2-4

Josietta

Josietta was surprised to hear her name being spoken by so many. It was an honor that they would deem her worthy of such a task. She smiled and nodded to those who voted in her favor. The newly voted in Minister of Magic then looked to the wizard named Remiel as he became entangled in his own flashy cape before he quickly recovered from his tumble. She rose a brow and almost took a step forward to assist him but saw it was unnecessary. Instead she nodded to him and thanked those present for their confidence in her ability to lead them in the right direction.

After they all adjourned she headed for her new office to gather her bearings and get a bit to eat. She would rest and contemplate on what needed to be done and how to make the best leader for the oncoming days.

The following day she arrived early to be sure things were in place as they should be. Before she made it to the office however she had to make a quick stop by the snack shop and picked up a nice box of cauldron cakes for those who wandered in and out of the Ministry as well as a sack of candies for her office. She always had some sort of candy on her person whether it was sherbert balls, ice mice, fizzing whizzbees, or just a bit of licorice snap. Then there was the odd chocolate wand or sugar quill that she tucked in her hand bag. One could never tell if a meeting would delay tea time or dinner.

Upon arriving at the Ministry with her box and bag in hand, Josi noticed a disturbance. She frowned as she heard whispers of death eaters being the cause of one of their own innocent wizards. Moirae's death would not go unpunished and she hoped to bring about the perpetrators quickly. Slipping into her office to set her items into place she pushed her fingers through her long blonde hair and sighed deeply. She'd have to look over the clues and figure this out. It was her duty as the Minister to do so.  After settling behind her desk she sat consulting her runes and tea leaves for a bit before moving out into the open area where the others would soon be gathered. Maybe Remiel was to blame here. He could be trying to prove a point or exact revenge on those who didn't support him. Maybe she was an example he was trying to show others who didn't tremble before him. Maybe he was in cahoots with the Dark Lord. There were so many maybes. She hoped the runes would be right in what she ascertained from them.

Josietta popped an orange sherbert ball into her mouth and paced back and forth in thought for a moment. She hoped others would arrive to help work out these clues and to give their own insight. Her divinations weren't usually wrong, but she'd let others speak what they thought on the matter before she uttered a word.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Chelemar

Chelamar sat at her desk in the Ministry's Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes where she had just finished up a report regarding the clean up of an older wizard who had had a bit of a mind mumble and had exposed himself to a few muggles in a London resturant.  While she enjoyed her work most of the time; she knew no one who enjoyed the reporting aspect of the job.  With a flick of her wand, the report grew wings and headed to the appropriate office for filing. 

A quick glance at her wrist told her that it was mid morning and a perfect time to welcome the new MoM.  Although she'd voted for Guy as MoM, she did believe that Josi could do a good job despite her youth as she had handled Aiden's tease, for all her youth, quite nicely.

Grabbing a bottle of elf-made wine she'd wrapped in silver tinsel, she made her way to the MoM's office.  With a soft wrap, she knocked.  "Madam Minister, It is I, Chelemar, May I join you?" 

Starlequin

Starlequin sat dejectedly atop a small lily pad he'd managed to conjure the night before; he suspected he'd need to get used to his new appearance for a while. Not that he could really complain, as his fellow wizards clearly had greater concerns to tend to than an incompetent young intern who couldn't even manage a simple shapeshifting hex. And it had been rather exciting, sleeping in one of the many offices of the Ministry and waking to find such a flurry of activity going on the next morning. It felt like he'd really arrived, like he really had a chance to be a part of something important.

Then he'd overheard talk that a fellow witch had been murdered in the night, and the stark reality sank in. These weren't stories anymore, this was serious! And...he, Starlequin, was right in the thick of it. He honestly couldn't imagine a worse situation, and resolved that he would do everything in his meager power to stay out of everyone else's way and cause as little trouble as possible. Thankfully it looked like his new appearance wouldn't promote too much chaos; he'd already been stepped on once yesterday, and the poor witch had barely even noticed him under her boot. Yes, it seemed the smart thing to do would just be to find a nice, quiet corner and wait until someone needed him. Or until this whole dark wizard mess was sorted out by the professionals, that would work out nicely too.

Star watched the comings and goings of the other wizards, the zipping along of papers and memos and winged reports, and couldn't stop himself from wondering what tidbits and clues they were all bringing in. He was sure their newly elected Minister would get things under control poste haste, but a small part of him dared to dream that he might be able to provide some critical aid, rescue an imperiled witch or wizard or uncover a vital secret that could put an end to this rising tide of evil before it engulfed them all...and he had a feeling that ThatRPGuy might be the type to be hiding such a secret. Starlequin's little froggy eyes widened as the offices' activity grew more fervent; if there was anything sinister going on, he would do his best not to miss it.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Josietta

Glancing up to see she had a visitor, Josietta smiled and nodded to her. She was glad to see someone else around and yet at the same time she was worried about how she might be handling the situation. With pursed lips she turned and walked around to greet Chele.  The woman was good at her job and got things done efficiently. The Minister was glad to see such a hard worker approaching her. Mayhaps she could give some of her own insight in on the current events.

"Good to see you again Chelemar. Do you think perhaps last nights events might have been some sort of accident, with Moirae that is? Or is it confirmed to be a personal attack? I fear for the worst."

She chewed at the inside of her lip before pushing back a stray lock behind one ear. Her gaze shifted from the female across from her to the paperwork on her desk. She straightened up the corners and then picked up her tea cup and looked into it once more before looking back to Chelemar.

"I am sorry to thrust the bad news out so quickly there... can I offer you a cauldron cake? or maybe some sweets?"

She motioned to a small table off to the side where the cakes sat delicately stacked on a crystal three tiered platter. Below that was a couple different candy dishes with assorted types of sweets.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Kythia

Kythia, roving reporter for the Daily Prophet, stepped away from the noticeboard and admired her work.  Pinned on it were illustrations of everyone important in the wizarding world.  She mused for a moment then swapped two pictures round and nodded with satisfaction.

"There see Mr Waddles.  I told you there was no need to waste time interrogating suspects and checking alibis.  This system is far far simpler.  I have simply ranked every likely suspect by their evilness quotient.  Ranging from me" she tapped the photo of her with her wand "all the way up to Luna"

Mr Waddles quacked and she shook her head in irritation.  "No of course not idiotic duck.  Had it been Remiel he would have left a signed photo at the scene and would have contacted the newspaper immediately.  He contacts us to make sure we know about everything he does - do you think he'd let something so important as his part in the rise of a new Dark Lord be overlooked?  No, Luna is our woman."

He quacked again.  "No.  Niferbelle isn't giantish for "I'm a stupid evil Death Eater"  Don't argue with me Mr Waddles.  And besides, I have proof"

She drew her wand and with a few quick gestures made glowing letters appear in the air - L U N A.  "Now, Mr Waddles.  Observe.  If we change that L, to an E, the U to a V, the N to an I and the A to a L then what do we get?"  A few more gestures and E V I L was spelled out in the air.

"Thought I wouldn't crack your code, eh Luna?  Well, you underestimated me."

Teo Torriatte

Luna was kind of shocked when she heard that Kythia was going on about some kind of secret code, and it was true that she found herself fascinated by such things, but she was pretty sure her name wasn't code for evil. More like, "CUTE" or something, if anything.

What wasn't so cute, was that they had already lost a wizard to the Death Eaters. As if if hadn't been sinister enough to steal Merlin's beard!

But Kythia's reporter's instinct and erroneous code translations did not necessarily make her a suspect as far as the slender, dark haired girl was concerned. No, she would not let such things cloud her judgement. The fact was, she really had no idea. So she figured that Aiden might be a good place to start, even though she had voted for him to be their Master of Wizardry.

Sasha

Sasha had found a quiant little table in the back coner ...it sat in the shadows of the room . When the sun was full up though the area would light up and be perfect for the reading of a good book . She loved books more than anything ...studied this and that . Fascinating every work ...it was a hunger that she could not live without . Licking her lips as she read the newsarticle . Eyes going wide at the mention of one that should not be named . Horror really....though she had a curiosity about such things .

How did it feel to be that scared ....what a battle it must of been . She could write the story ...tell the tale . It would make millions . Letting her mind wonder at the possibilites . Then she remembered that little twit had already done that.

Names had been tossed about then as she returned to what had happened to that poor wizard . It was true Remiel was not all that happy about having not been chosen ..to play MOM . Sounded like a horrid thing to her ....mean who would want all those voices babbling in your ear , constantly ...every problem ...nightmare , whatever . She didn't think so ...had to be someone else .

" Indeed Luna was probably out dancing in the moonlight ..." with a wave of her hand , stopping as she watched Kythia spelling the words in the air and moving them about . Wow ...she wasn't all that shy about things . "Your not funny,  Kythia ...you know that ? Some respect for the departed ...you know . "  Whispering that last part . Everyone here was slightly off their rocker anyways better to keep to yourself that was for sure .  Being here was like some twisted Alice in Wonderland remake that hit the Steampnk culture .

Smiling though as she swallowed and looked back down into the paper to see what all else it might contain . Sometimes the lesser articles were more entertaining . One thing would be sure today would be filled with many whispered conversations .

Shaking her head and letting out a sigh ...her mind drifting back in time . Death eaters were vile ...not able to help the shiver that ran through her body .  Really not a time to be making jokes about moving the letters around in someones name . 

Chelemar

Chelemar smiled at Josietta, more with her lips than her eyes,as she knew the other wizard but only in passing, but a smile nonetheless.  She could see the young woman had set her office up quickly and seemed to be doing quite a good job already. 

"Hello my dear Josi... excuse me, I mean Madam  Minister."  Blushing slightly at her mistake, She nodded, and added, "Congratulations, though as you know I didn't vote for you, I do believe you will do a wonderful job."   

"The news of the young witch is absolutely horrible," she nodded her head, not bringing herself to even say the victim's name.  "I worked with her awhile ago.  Not a bad sort at all.  Loved to swing in hammocks."  With a final tut, she sighed.

"All the talk of a n DL,"  she shook her head.  "Craziness, and now this Madam.  You must be overwhelmed." She smiled at the offer if a sweet."  "Oh, I'd love one thank you.  I have something that would go wonderful with a sweet cake or two."  Reaching into her bag, she removed the silver rapped bottle of elf-made wine.  "It's of a master vintage from my family's private stock.  Noticing last evening your fondness of sweets, I thought you might like a desert wine as well." 

As she nibbled her cake, she addressed the delicate issue of the murder.  "I do think, however, that it's possible that with all his pinache and flair, that there is something ... well, peculiar about Remiel.  He would be my suspect.  So much anger behind that beguiling smile.

Sarena

Vote Tallies

Remiel 3
ThatRPGuy 1
Luna 2
Aiden 1
Kythia 1

Yet to Vote:
Aiden, Beguile's Mistress, James Moriarty, Kendra, MCsc, Mr Bigglesworth, Niferbelle, persephone325, RedPhoenix, Remiel, SunshineSparkle, ThatRPGuy

Missy

MacLoch had read the papers first thing in the morning when he awoke, early as always and read his paper, delivered by owl. It was quite a shock that someone whom he had only just met the night before was now gone from the world, and by the means of dark arts no less. It was for such cause that MacLoch had wasted no time in his morning preparations, slowing only to prepare his morning brew. It was then that Macloch hopped on his broomstick and proceeded directly to the Ministry without delay.

MacLoch strode into the ministry with a sense of purpose in his step. Unlike the day before when he chose to enter quietly and unnoticed as possible, today his step and posture were that of a man on a mission, a man with a task set before him which must most assuredly be accomplished  above all else. He made his way directly to the new Ministers office, he may not have voted for her but now was not the time for diversion in opinions to prevent this body from achieving it's function. "Minister, may I congratulate you on your election and offer you my full support in this tiem of crisis. If there is anythign you need, please do not hesitate to ask"

After conversing with the Minister a moment he too had to agreee: there was somethign suspicious about Remiel

Niferbelle

Niferbelle had been so disturbed by the news of Moirae's demise that she had rushed right over to the ministry though it meant leaving an attractive wizard she'd met the night before slumbering in her bed and foregoing her usual morning routine in the potions lab. Her mood was not improved when she arrived and overheard what she considered mostly dithering in response to the tragedy. At this rate, how could they possibly get to the bottom of things?

"Do you honestly think Remiel is intelligent enough to be responsible for such sophistry?" She asked, the expression on her lovely face making clear her answer to that question. "I, remarkably enough, find myself agreeing with Kythia though certainly not as a result of that ridiculous wordplay or whatever you want to call it. Luna strikes me as suspicious as well. What do we really know about her?"

SunshineSparkle

When reading the day's paper, Sunshine did not expect to see such horrifying news about what had happened to Moirae. General panic settled over as the Death Eaters began targeting them, she had heard the fearful whispers in the hallways while on her way to the lab where she had tried out a few potions while her mind was still on the saddening event. Who could it be?

Accusations were flying in all the directions, she didn't think that Remiel would put himself in a compromising position after his obvious disappointment for not being elected MoM.
"I must admit it is a delicate situation we have here, I do agree with Niferbelle about Remiel ... However, my suspicions are rising when it comes to Kythia"

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Beguile's Mistress

BeMi took a sip of her rose hip and mulberry tea.  The cup went back onto the saucer floating beside her while she sniggered at the fact that some thought Remiel could dispatch a witch.

"Bah!  He'd miss with that wand of his and probably disapparate his foot or a nose from one of the students and then turn the poor thing's hair purple trying to apparate it again."  She nibbled at a pineapple and bacon sandwich plucking a linen napkin out of the air to blot her lips.  Sounds and voices had been hovering around her all day and taking a moment now she listened to the cacophony.  There was much confusion to be heard and some fear and worry as well.  Sighing she finally made a decision.

"Guy."

Aiden

The familiar whooshing sound of a new arrival via the fireplace (Floo network) announced the arrival of Aiden, the half-blood wizard spent more time in the world he was familiar then the other. He was not aware as to why the Ministry and its ever constant activity had grounded to a halt until he learned of the death. Most had gathered to express their beliefs on who could be at the root of it all had him worried. His delivery owl arrived with his copy of the Prophet and like clockwork he began to look through it. It was his job to keep muggles blissfully unaware of the workings of wizards but with rumors off death eaters and a new Dark lord had him worried not only for his own safety but the safety of those who could not protect themselves.

"The only thing Remiel is guilty of is poor sense of style." He tried to joke to lighten the atmosphere and pull the attention from his fellow colleague. But the truth was, someone was responsible but he could not picture anyone of committing the murder, not anyone who had for a long time at the Ministry which led him to look in the direction of an apprentice. "The frog (Starlequin)...what is his deal?" Aiden inquired, walking over towards the lily pad with a confused look on his face. He was not familiar with the person. "Have you been hexed or just an unregistered animagus? Whichever you are you better speak....croak up."

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. Bigglesworth stumbled into the hall, his pristine coat singed from a potion-mixing gone wrong.  He had heard of Moirae's demise at the hands of the death eaters earlier in the day, and had been mulling over in his mind who could be at fault; a distraction he blamed his little potion-mixing mishap on.  Many of the faces were new to him; Remiel's was not.  Sure Remiel, with his hand sewn cape and fancy cloths could be full of pomp and hot-air, but was he really a death eater among them?

"I cannot believe Remiel is capable of harming anybody for real - Aiden, however I am not too sure about."

He left his words to linger in the air before quietly retreating back to his lab.

Sarena

Vote Tallies

Remiel 2
ThatRPGuy 2
Luna 4
Aiden 2
Kythia 2
Starlequin 1

Yet to Vote:
James Moriarty, Kendra, persephone325, RedPhoenix, Remiel, ThatRPGuy

James Moriarty

Pushing the frame of his glasses up the bridge of his nose, he peered at the announcement of Moirae's demise and frowned.  These were dark times indeed that such a soul would be taken from us, sight unseen.

Listening to the others lay their doubts on the table, James shook his head sadly and tottered forward.  "Remiel?  You are voting for one of the most brilliant writers of our time -- are you certain that such a handsome man could be behind all this?"  He took a bite of a large, moist, sumptuous lemon poppy seed muffin and sighed.  "No, the one I worry about is Luna -- the moon is a fickle mistress, she is, and can cause all sorts of madness in men and women alike.  I would like to know what she has to say on all these gray matters."

Chelemar

Chelamar had returned to her office for a few hours to catch up on yet more paperwork, then returned to Minister's.  There seemed to have been a number of people gathered there voicing their opinion.  This is a good thing. She mumbled to herself.  The more thoughts on the matter the better.

She listened with silent contemplation as the others spoke.  Then in a moment of quiet, touched her finger to her nose, and spoke, "Madam Minister, I have been convinced to change my mind by some of the votes of the others.  Luna I believe James has it right.  Also, to give proper worship, she must be out late, and so who better then to have the chance.  Last night, the moon was in Orion,the Hunter, so clear and telling, that.  Yes, yes. Luna it is for me."  She added her own bit of reasoning as well, her nod firm.