The first thing that comes in your mind.....

Started by AmazonPrincess, December 18, 2008, 04:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmazonPrincess

When I say the word "Greece"
Tehehehe as a greek girl I was wondering what's the first thing that crosses your minds when you listen to the name of my country :)
Enjoy  ;)

Aysleen

Ons and Offs
* I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see.
*We're all mad here.
* If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is,
because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
*Curiouser and curiouser.

AmazonPrincess

Quote from: Aysleen on December 18, 2008, 04:32:01 PM
Baklava!  :D
Hm yummy it's been a lot time I haven't eaten baklava...... You make me drool now lol.

Aysleen

I'm not Greek, but my mom worked for a Greek couple when I was pregnant with my daughter and I learned a lot about the culture then.  My daughter even calls my mom Yia Yia now, because my mom liked it better than Grandma :P
Ons and Offs
* I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see.
*We're all mad here.
* If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is,
because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
*Curiouser and curiouser.

Royan

Souvlaki and my friend "The Greek Bastard"
We like to flame each other so much that some lady thought were fighting..we just laughed and stuff.

HairyHeretic

Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Maeven

What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

AmazonPrincess

Bliss

Gods (Can't help it, I'm even doing a game about them, love the mythology)
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

AmazonPrincess

HairyHeretic

Quote from: AmazonPrincess on December 19, 2008, 06:57:29 AM
Amazing movie don't you think? :)

Pretty good, but I think we could have done without the mutants and weird look for the Immortals. I enjoyed it though.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Captain Maltese

"Ein schiff wird kommen" with Lale Andersen....first line in the 1960 hit is 'Ich bin ein mädchen aus Pireüs und liebe die hafe, die schiffe und das meer..."

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Erin

Grand white pillars.
I just love the architecture and mythology :)

The Overlord

Maeven

Quote from: AmazonPrincess on December 19, 2008, 04:22:01 PM
You should try Laganas village in Zakynthos ;)

Oh! I'd love to get back to Greece one day... I'll make a little note in my "bucket list."

Everyone is so incredibly friendly... though, I have to develop a taste for Uzo next time.  *grins*
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Captain Maltese

Quote from: Mistletoe Maeven on December 20, 2008, 07:06:47 PM
Oh! I'd love to get back to Greece one day... I'll make a little note in my "bucket list."

Everyone is so incredibly friendly... though, I have to develop a taste for Uzo next time.  *grins*

*of course they are....to you! ;D *

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

polaroids

This was the close,
this was the moment.
He pressed the golden metal to his lips
and whispered, "I am about to die."

[o/o]

TinselTrick

Pharaoh Ants. Because I was in Greece four months ago and one of the little buggers was smuggled back in my suitcase. Now they are EVERYWHERE (even in my clothes, what is that all about?) And IMPOSSIBLE to get rid of!

Oh and Zakynthos was amazing.

Victor LaCroix

SPONDI restaurant. Would LOVE to get the opportunity to dine there some day.
A taste is Simply Divine

Lovebug

Women.

This is not my automatic response to any one word prompt, I hasten to add. I just happen to live in a place full of unbelievably attractive Greek girls. Or possibly I'm conditioned to believe that they're attractive because I grew up here. Whatever. Yum.

I also love lamb, greek coffee, rembetika and Herodotus, but I won't pretend they were the first things I thought of.

Mordred

Hungry!

Ok, first that word... Women. But then adding all the gorgeous Greek food you mention. *tries hard to retain his vampire existence yet... suddenly ravenous for those sweet female mortals and yummy food which feel soooooo good when his teeth bite into their flesh*... *the women, first... the food, second*
*See Pillory*

Malrunar

Longing.

Good lord, I've always wanted to go there. To tour Europe even.  :-\ It breaks my heart that I've yet to really travel, especially since this is the time that I should be doing it, getting out there, exploring while I'm able to actually see the history left in the world before it dissapears.

Prefect Mos

Timber!

(when i first saw it i thought it was Logging do to a smudge)

WyldRanger

Final Fantasy VIII (a city in the game was Timber)

Ryven

The scene with Quistis firing the gun on the ship.  Something about the flash coming from the gun reflecting in her glasses made me like that scene.