WH40000 - what's your opinion?

Started by Beorning, August 09, 2014, 03:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HairyHeretic

Quote from: FarFetched on February 27, 2016, 05:48:08 PM
I bet someone could make good money selling cardboard-cutout units that fit onto regulation-size bases. You could call it 'poorhammer'.

Paperhammer actually. It already exists, for vehicles at least anyway :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

ravener11

I always wanted to get into the warhammer40k tabletop game, but oh my God emperor, I could not have enough moneys to get even one small battle armies. Worse when I wanted to play as tyranids which needs a lots of termagants models ( or meatshields if you like to call them that).

Nowadays I just mainly collect the models just to sit at my display table.

For the lores, I really wished that they stop giving space marines so much attention. It is kinda why most of the wh40k games are based on them, not other faction. The only game that imperium/space marine are not set as a protagonist are fire warrior. Would love to have a RTS based on eldars vs necrons. Haha.

arkhos

Quote from: ravener11 on March 04, 2016, 01:13:44 AM
For the lores, I really wished that they stop giving space marines so much attention. It is kinda why most of the wh40k games are based on them, not other faction. The only game that imperium/space marine are not set as a protagonist are fire warrior. Would love to have a RTS based on eldars vs necrons. Haha.

This has always been the thing I hated most about GW/40K all along. It's the 'chicken/egg' or 'catch-22' situation....

They focus on Marines, because they sell so well, and they sell so well because they focus on Marines, etc.

I only play Xenos, but in many groups I've been apart of, I am the -only- non-Marine/Imperium player there is. Win or lose, it gets boring. ;)

Someday I predict - 40K 12th edition, maybe - it will be nothing but dozens of Marine chapters, with maybe a sprinkle of Imperial Guard. ;)
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

ravener11

I would not be even surprised if they actually ended up like that.
All of the previous update they did was, Space marines, Space marines, Space marines, tau, Space marines, Space marines,Chaos Space marines.

And those poor Sister of Battles, their only purpose was becoming a scrub especially the Grey knights and chaos.

Lustful Bride

HairyHeretic

How about Eternal Crusade? I'm part of a Night Lords guild there.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Lustful Bride

Quote from: HairyHeretic on March 08, 2016, 02:48:24 PM
How about Eternal Crusade? I'm part of a Night Lords guild there.

No idea. I think its partially because I want to see a group game where the characters are more each a captain of their own ship. I don't think ive ever seen that either here or anywhere else

HairyHeretic

Hmm. You'd probably have to run a game like that using Rogue Trader for ship to ship combat. I don't think any of the other systems cover it.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

TheGlyphstone

Maybe a Black Crusade hack, importing the space combat rules from Rogue Trader? There's a Pirate Prince archetype in the Slaanesh splatbook.

Revelation

For thsoe who might care, most of the warhammer 40k games are on sale on steam for a cheap price, and theres a new, free hero (until the 15th) for dawn of war 2's last stand mode, for the weekend.

Ignavus

I always liked the setting but at the same time I never really liked any of the factions. Granted my only real experience with it is like one book and dawn of war 1&2

Lustful Bride

Well I just learned who Lofn is and the whole "Love can bloom" thing.....

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Freaking adorable. Sucks that so much of the Fandom hates it....*hugs little Lofn and hisses like a cat at any who approach.*

Just look how cute she is next to a space marine!

http://orig08.deviantart.net/51dd/f/2014/218/c/b/lofn_and_marine_by_mimicpony-d7tx5ra.png

This is now in my headcannon....so....uhhh...been rather quiet lately in this thead....

AngelsSonata

I keep seeing Lofn but I have no idea what it is. Seeing the image I still have no idea what it is XP

Can someone fill me in on the small details?

Lustful Bride

Quote from: AngelsSonata on April 12, 2016, 01:50:19 PM
I keep seeing Lofn but I have no idea what it is. Seeing the image I still have no idea what it is XP

Can someone fill me in on the small details?

Eldar/Human Hybrid child between Eldar Farseer Taldir and an Imperial Assassin I think.

She is a psyker but pretty much makes everyone else around her relaxed and calm/empathetic.

Also has the power of D'awwww X3

TheGlyphstone

You have clearly fallen under the malign corrupting influence of this foul xenos hybrid, and must be purged at the swiftest opportunity,

Lustful Bride

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 12, 2016, 01:57:40 PM
You have clearly fallen under the malign corrupting influence of this foul xenos hybrid, and must be purged at the swiftest opportunity,

But she's just...so...cute!

AngelsSonata

Well I have to admit the idea is cute, though I'm not convinced  ???

TheGlyphstone

ChaoticSky

Unironically, humans and eldar are not compatible and cannot produce hybrids. Trying is ill advised and carries a death penalty.

Fun is also heretical.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: ChaoticSky on April 12, 2016, 04:48:43 PM
Unironically, humans and eldar are not compatible and cannot produce hybrids. Trying is ill advised and carries a death penalty.

Fun is also heretical.

Actually there was a Human/Eldar Hybrid named in a Rogue Trader Book. And he was an ultrasmurf :P

But then again canon is all sorts of fucked (*hears slaneesh hissing in pleasure*)  So I guess its more up to what you want at the moment/for the setting :P

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Lustful Bride on April 12, 2016, 05:04:01 PM
Actually there was a Human/Eldar Hybrid named in a Rogue Trader Book. And he was an ultrasmurf :P

But then again canon is all sorts of fucked (*hears slaneesh hissing in pleasure*)  So I guess its more up to what you want at the moment/for the setting :P
That is no longer canon alas, like much of Rogue Trader it was dropped in later editions as they figured out the setting. At that point it wasnt 40k so much as WHF IN SPACE!

The current canon is that not only do human and eldar have wildly different genetics (you have more in common with a jellyfish than a eldar), but also things like the specifics of conception (humans fertilize and done, Eldar make several distinct contributions to produce a viable fetus) and the fundamental materials that make up the body (eldar teeth are not enamel, their bones are not calcium, etc) mean that a human would have have about as much luck trying to crossbreed with a quartz deposit, even in a lab experiment.

Now... if one wanted, one could certainly ignore canon and do what they want... 4chan certainly does, but the canon is not ambiguous on the subject.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: ChaoticSky on April 12, 2016, 06:02:05 PM
That is no longer canon alas, like much of Rogue Trader it was dropped in later editions as they figured out the setting. At that point it wasnt 40k so much as WHF IN SPACE!

The current canon is that not only do human and eldar have wildly different genetics (you have more in common with a jellyfish than a eldar), but also things like the specifics of conception (humans fertilize and done, Eldar make several distinct contributions to produce a viable fetus) and the fundamental materials that make up the body (eldar teeth are not enamel, their bones are not calcium, etc) mean that a human would have have about as much luck trying to crossbreed with a quartz deposit, even in a lab experiment.

Now... if one wanted, one could certainly ignore canon and do what they want... 4chan certainly does, but the canon is not ambiguous on the subject.
But..but dah space elves! hahahah

*throws arms up*  Canon? Where we are going we don't need cannon.  8-)

(Not like the Chaos God Matt Ward ever let canon stop him from his acts of heresy, why should I? X3) 

Oniya

Quote from: ChaoticSky on April 12, 2016, 06:02:05 PM
a human would have have about as much luck trying to crossbreed with a quartz deposit, even in a lab experiment.

You realize that there is now Rule 34 material spontaneously generating because of this statement.  :o
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Oniya on April 12, 2016, 07:15:59 PM
You realize that there is now Rule 34 material spontaneously generating because of this statement.  :o

Mistress Slaneesh is now pleased.

Oh and look at that we are on page 69.....the heresy is delicious!

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Oniya on April 12, 2016, 07:15:59 PM
Hey, hey! They have a Geode-Spot amirite?