How To Delete Thread

Started by DarkestDesires, May 01, 2016, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkestDesires

Hello everyone! I was curious who I needed to contact in order to have a thread removed. Thank you!

-DD
I apologize for the delayed responses! Step-dad tore ligaments in his leg/foot, so I've been swamped with the task of caring for five kids, six dogs, and three cats - on top of work and doctors appointments! I am still interested in each of my RPs, and will always reply as often as I can! Thank you for your patience and understanding.
xX Sweet Seduction By A Demon Goddess Xx

The Dark Raven

I don't think that is something that is done...you just let it roll into oblivion.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

MagicalPen

Staff can do it, but I think they prefer to lock a thread over deleting it.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

AmberStarfire

Generally it's frowned upon to delete a thread if anyone else has posted there but yourself, as I understand it. Especially if it's a story and another person has been writing in it too. Removing your own posts out of a story is also frowned upon because it screws up the story overall.

However, if I created a thread and the only one to post in it was me, I would remove it myself by using the delete button. It's not interfering with anybody else in that situation, and it's not reducing anyone else's post count to do so if the only posts there are your own.

You might want to check with a mod though rather than accepting my advice, because it may not be the official approach.

Blythe

Staff generally don't delete threads; E has a non-deletion policy. There are exceptions, granted--and they'll listen to reasonable deletion requests, but you'll need to explain why you want the deletion.

If it's a thread you created that contains posts other than your own, generally Staff will lock it rather than delete it, as Staff does not like deleting other people's content, or they prefer you simply let the thread go inactive and leave it be.

You can contact anyone with an Oracle or Goddess tag to discuss or request a thread be deleted.