Random Pieces of Advice

Started by AmberStarfire, February 01, 2017, 07:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmberStarfire

I thought it might be interesting to create a thread for random snippets of advice that we've found to be helpful or think might be useful to others. It's not really for those big personal questions, just little suggestions that might be of use to somebody. Obviously, you don't have to follow the advice. :D

1. Try honey in tea or coffee instead of sugar. (I feel notably better when I'm drinking it).
2. If you want a pet and there's no reason you can't keep one, consider getting one.
3. Time is precious, use it wisely.

Lady Shadow

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.
Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
Ambition is like a V8 engine.
~Elvis Presley~

Merry Gentry

“And I’d give up forever to touch you, cause I know that you feel me somehow. You’re the closest to heaven that I’ll ever be and I don’t wanna go home right now.”

freakula86

Whatever you strive to do in life, just do it you never know what the out come maybe.

Trigon

Mimetisme

Hot and humid?

Take a wash cloth and soak it in ice cold water. Ring it out some then drape it across the back of your neck.

Soak a small towel that is big enough to wrap around your head in cold water. Ring it out, then wrap it to your head. Or, drape it across your back.

Works great if you have a fan to blow on the towel.
♦ A&A/Post Tracker Updated 03-19-2020 (1 of 9 posts owed)
♦ O/O STILL Under massive reconstruction
POSTING RATE: A few hours - 72 Hours, excluding weekends.
(I vanish Friday nights & return Monday at some point, generally)

☙≈ Ons & Offs
☙≈ A&A, Chat & Post Tracker

MisledBloodshed

Nobody else has it together as much as it looks like they do, don't compare yourself to the masks people wear

Haliax

Love yourself.

It sounds cheesey, but most people don't do this enough.

Captain Obvious

Relax, breath, and take one issue at a time.

Flames

Don't die. As long as you're alive you've the chance to improve.
Taking a much needed break...

AmberStarfire

Follow your dreams. They're there for a reason.

Phoenixrisen

This might be horrible advice, but I'm throwing it out there anyway.

When in doubt, ice cream.
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

DealWithTheDevil

People are rarely against you, they're normally just out for themselves and you got in the way.

Kit Cat

If you can't look at yourself in the mirror after, you know its the wrong thing to do

AutumnFury

If you have the time and ability to take a nap, take it.

One particular piece of advice I hear from my senior ladies all the time in my job is make sure you put on clean underwear every day, because you never know what's going to happen or who you're going to meet. (It makes me giggle, but it's so true!)
"You may be the King, but watch the Queen conquer."

Open to:
Random PMs. Feel like chit chatting? Go ahead and message, if you dare.

Lady Shadow

Don't beat yourself up for making a mistake - it's what makes us human.
Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
Ambition is like a V8 engine.
~Elvis Presley~

Despairs

Be nice to everyone you meet even if they spit on you.

Small steps eventually lead to big things.
---> Click here to visit current request thread for pairings with plots as well as ons and offs.<---
Note: Strictly  homosexual pairings as the main focus in stories bore me, however I am fine with it as side pairings as long as I write for the males  in a relationship with each other, or the two  males involved with each other and the female in a polyamory relationship.

Status: May be slow in replying to messages due to online Uni and job hunting.

Uni graduation: 8/24/25.

Solera

Progress—no matter how small—is still progress. Keep going.
On + Offs | BDSM Test Results
ghost mode activated
Persuade me to write with you~

Phoenixrisen

Sometimes the best thing you can do for yourself is stop fighting. Not ever challenge can be fought through, some have to be gone around. If all your energy is invested in fighting, you're not going to have any to find that path around, so, if you find yourself coming up against a brick wall that can't be scaled over and over again it may be time to stop fighting for a minute and added if the battle can be won that way, or if the only way to win is to stop granting the challenge it's battle.
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

EliFletch

Put milk and a little bit of coffee creamer in your tea. (this doesn’t apply to most citrusy fruit teas as the creamer and milk will curdle)