Quotes, sayings and wit

Started by Captain Maltese, December 24, 2016, 03:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nico

Mistah J

"Nothing can happen til you swing the bat." -Naota, FLCL

"Don't die wondering, man." -Owen, The Way Way Back

"Sex' is as important as eating or drinking and we ought to allow the one appetite to be satisfied with as little restraint or false modesty as the other." -Marquis de Sade
Life is to short to not enjoy yourself. Don't hold back, live it to the fullest, and embrace what you desire.

Captain Maltese

"It's difficult to understand the Greek soul. We are unpredictable and difficult to control. When you think you can control us, that's the time you realize you do not have the control. No one can enslave us, but we manage to enslave ourselves but then again we fight all over again to gain our freedom. It's a long Greek cycle with no end."
- Anonymous

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Nico

"A flower blossoms for its own joy." - Oscar Wilde

Luryd

"All that we see or seem Is but a dream within a dream. I stand amid the roar Of a surf-tormented shore, And I hold within my hand. Grains of the golden sand — How few! yet how they creep, Through my fingers to the deep, While I weep — while I weep!"  - Edgar Allan Poe
• Hyperspecfic fixation  • Open-minded
• Digital Artist  • Sona|OC shipper 
• Romance lover • Fated pair type
∆Venturing into unknow written lands∆

Shekinah

"It is better to be hated for what you are. Than to be loved for what you are not."
Hachiman Hikigaya from Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru. Zoku

"It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale."
&
"Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not."

Iroh from Avatar: The Last Airbender

Why don’t we drink to me and my reflection in your lovely eyes?

My O/O's
Have you taken care of yourself today?

Nico

"Hatred is blind, as well as love." - Oscar Wilde

Thunder Splash

An Irishman is not drunk so long as he can hold on to a single blade of grass and not fall off the face of the earth.

Nico

"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Sherlock Holmes

Nico

"The heart of man is very much like the sea, it has its storms, its tides and its depths; it has its pearls too." - Vincent van Gogh

Shekinah

You can only become friends by talking to people and finding out whether you get along.

Why don’t we drink to me and my reflection in your lovely eyes?

My O/O's
Have you taken care of yourself today?

himawari

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Himawari’s Fields of Ideas

Captain Maltese

- "I wish unicorns were real."
- "Why? Be glad unicorns are mythical. If they were physical beings, celebrities would own one. There would be organized unicorn hunting safaris. You would be able to buy unicorn meat at the super market."'
- "I wish I had a shotgun."

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

Deamonbane

If men are from Mars and women are from Venus, where do hermaphrodites come from?
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Bruja

"We fail, and God forgives us, but I don't know if we can ever really forgive each other ......or ourselves" - Sister Ingalls, Orange Is the New Black

Captain Maltese

(mostly made up in the moment)

Happiness is a warm gun - Beatles
Happiness is a warm nun - Pope Pius I
Happiness is a warm sun - Oppenheimer
Happiness is a warm bun - De Sade
Happiness is a warm c- nevermind
Happiness is a warm hun - Boadicea
Happiness is a warm pun - Cpt Maltese

Mr Quixotic

"What light is to the eyes – what air is to the lungs – what love is to the heart, liberty is to the soul of man. Without liberty, the brain is a dungeon, where the chained thoughts die with their pinions pressed against the hingeless doors."

"When the will defies fear, when the heart applauds the brain, when duty throws the gauntlet
down to fate, when honor scorns to compromise with death – this is heroism."

Robert Green Ingersoll
Request Thread And Story Links          O/O's

Current Status - Actively seeking another story or two. If we've noticed each other but, for som reason never connected, or we've written/plotted before and you'd like to again, please shoot me a PM.

'I, myself, am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.'

Nico

QuirkyHarlequin

"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality."

~ Edgar Allan Poe

Lady Shadow

Good instincts tell you what to do long before your head has figured it out. - Michael Burke
Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
Ambition is like a V8 engine.
~Elvis Presley~

Gypsywoman

Don't cry because it over,smile that it happen.
Dr. Suess
Just because the road is rocky doesn't that mean your spirit should be rocky too!

Lady Shadow

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -Will Smith
Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
Ambition is like a V8 engine.
~Elvis Presley~

Nico

Captain Maltese

A good dancer follows the prescribed steps. A great dancer takes those steps and follows and improvises upon them. But a true dancer; a true dancer steps into the dance, heeding only the rhythm until he becomes one with it. He does not dance the dance. The dance dances him.

Gypsywoman

I'm selfish, impatient and a little ensecure. I'm out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle at my worst you as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Marlyn Monroe
Just because the road is rocky doesn't that mean your spirit should be rocky too!