News:

"The Most Precious Jewel [One Shot: NC-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Dreamcatcher

Started by Captain Maltese, February 07, 2016, 08:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Big Unknown

The latest weird dream that I remember happened some time ago now.

I was in a cave, a mine with a couple of friends and some random people that I don't really know, but I've definitely know the faces. We were digging, making the tunnel longer. It was dark, the air was heavy. One time I've been working a giant machine, some sort of a mining drill, other time I was loading some debris or planting explosives to move the rocks. After some time of doing my job, everyone was called for a meeting in the other end of the tunnel. We had to elongate it, although we have found a very hard rock that left us hopeless. Nothing that we had managed to break it, the drill broke, the explosives did literally nothing. Later, we've found out that it was a continental crust, we were waiting for a shipment of high-power boom-booms. Then, I woke up, not knowing whether we have gotten through it or not.

Another one.

I was a mercenary, on a contract for some long-dead lord's descendants. I was supposed to search the ruined castle for the lord's belongings. After a haul, I've returned to a sort of quarters for the workers. The job wasn't easy, mind you, as the ruins were filled with monsters, skeletons, mutants and ghouls. I have entered our private room and seen a girl that I know by sight, I might've talked to her for a couple of times, nothing more, she is the skinniest person I've ever seen. Literally, her legs look like chopsticks. She is usually very laid-back and neutral to everything that happens around, although I tend to call her (when I'm mentioning her while talking with my close friends) 'Wednesday Addams', because her black hair, dark clothes and the fact she usually wears a baphomet necklace has somewhat made the connection between that character and her in my weird brain. Anyway, she just greets me, and I'm quite shocked, as she just randomly appears in my dreams every now and then. Is she a dream-manipulator or something? I dunno. She just tells me to stop staring at her, lay the artifacts on their resting places and either restock to go back to work or go rest. Weird, quartermaster girl that I barely know. She has always played some minor character in the dreams she was in. I personally think she is pretty, aesthetically pleasing, she just has this something in her, that might be the reason.

Captain Maltese

A dream, so atypical me that it feels like I stole it.

Ahem. Definitely a first point view. And I feel like I might be 20-2 years old. I am at a entertainment place; something like a tivoli or movie theater with an animal theme. And I am there on a date too, with a very shy girl. Long black hair. She might be muslim or if middle eastern heritage? We do a ball throw game or something, and she wins a small black robot penguin. For some reason she is uneasy and says 'Zoo false; fear true'.We sit down waiting for something to start, maybe a stage show and something goes wrong: two young men arrives and they want to talk with the girl. I get an unpleasant feeling from them, especially the big guy who is the leader,  and feel unwanted. I go to the bathroom. When I come back, they are all gone and only the girl's toy remains in her seat. I start running. Neat the exit I see the same two young men, heading out. I think the sidekick is pulling the girl with him. There is only one thing to do. I walk right up to the main guy and butt his face with my head; he goes down. The other guy pulls a submachinegun but I kick him in the groin then meet his downward-going face with my knee, then throw myself at his gun while I yell "KIDNAPPERS! CALL POLICE!" and the gun is still in the sidekick's hand and keeps firing and firing until the magazine keeps empty, pouring its hail of lead into the bad guy leader. The girl is shouting at me.

And then I wake up.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Captain Maltese

I dreamed last night that I was in a house with several floors, of which the lowest was the ocean itself - kind of a house built onto the ocean floor, sticking up. There were many people there; swimming and diving in the sun and the blue water over the golden sand. There were small whales too - and dogs, swimming around. In one place a whole bunch of kids were playing some sort of game with an adult supervisor in a wet suit.

I was standing in a door opening of sorts, looking down into the water when an actual skunk came swimming up. It insisted on climbing on to me to nestle in my arms. I was not sure what to do but other people in there started keeping a respectful distance.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

Captain Maltese

Last night's dream was disturbingly coherent. I found myself in a military surplus store - entirely plausible for me so far - and got involved with talking to some of the staff and the other customers. Turned out that some of the customers were involved in purchases for various small military-style units; reenactors and paintballers, the usual lot. But also another group, which I then found myself visiting. This turned out to be some sort of militia group, a militia or rebels, in a country in the middle of civil war. They seemed to be not very well organized. There were narrow rooms, people with guns running around and shouting, dressed in a mixture of civilian and military clothes, garbage and crates strewn about. I saw one of their cranky old blue and grey helicopters get shot down - and then I joined them, or decided to support them. In the dream I told them, word for word, that "you guys are bad but not anywhere near the worst." I do not recall what happened next, but after that I recall clearly going back to my own country to meet my relatives. And I had the oddest, strong feeling of not belonging there, not feeling understood. The only thing I wanted was to go back to my comrades. But when I was returning, something had fatally changed. I was stopped at the airport by police, and interrogated. They had no intention of letting me continue my travel. I think the dream ended there.

Captain Maltese

A fragment of a dream. I was in a city, boxed in from the encircling rivers by walls that seemed to be of some kind of mud. The odd part was that in the wall here and there were human skulls; their nose holes were odd though. And there was some kind of system with pebbles being put into the walls by the population at certain but different times of the year, so that always someone were adding to and maintaining the walls.

Captain Maltese

Mad dreams last night - but so detailed! And all in exquisite first person view.

First, I was at some kind of school or college, but I was there under false flag - pretending to be some kind of advisor. I was walking around looking for something or someone, and was badly embarrassed to be drawn into a discussion with some students who wanted my help with something. Then there was a woman, walking around talking with people and seeming authoritative. I may have talked with her. Then a new scene which felt like far away from the school. A hotel? That woman was there, as well as a few other people. We then had an intensely awkward attempt at an orgy which felt more like a Lego session.

Then I am elsewhere again and on a boat, and this seemed like a small living room belonging to someone of quite a bit of class, someone I evidently knew as I was waiting for him. Mahogany furniture, classing paintings on the wall, everything in the room well put together in rich black and golden. And on the writing desk, a costume ball mask... When the owner arrived in the early morning, a well built man with a kind face and perhaps in the fifties wearing a suit, I felt clearly an attraction toward him like he was an old lover. The kind of type you'd expect to be an actor or upper class gentleman? But while he recognized me and greeted me, it was obvious that this was not a good time for me to be there. And shortly after a somewhat younger man arrived who was equally good looking and quite surprised to find me there as well.

Then, a huge leap to elsewhere, which felt distinctly eastern european and rural. Lonely roads. But the two guys were traveling with me, in an old black classy car. We were stopped by uniformed men who forced us out; soldiers or police. Next I know we are in a prison, but the younger companion is gone. Brutal guards... but the fellow inmates were worse. Much worse. We were in a badly lit room, hardly dressed, and one inmate did something terrible to my older companion's genitalia with a pen. Then he turned toward me and wanted to repeat the operation, but I had a nail or screw or something hidden in my right hand and was able to take him out.

This is where I woke up, and I can't say I am sorry.

Captain Maltese

WARNING: Nightmare of the really ugly kind.

I was a mid level leader or senior operative in some kind of government secret law organization. There were large dark halls the size of hangars, brightly lit cells, and people walking about busily. I was wearing a suit.

In one of these halls there was a man. He looked like a senior politician or lawyer perhaps, judging by his clothes and age. He presented a case; his little daughter was missing and he suspected the housekeeper, a blonde white woman. We brought her in and tried to question her; it was obvious that she knew something and that she was determined not to talk about it. Rough questions didn't get us anywhere. So we tied her up like a mummy and hung her up to dry for a while; total sensory deprivation.

Meanwhile we were informed that things were even worse than they looked at first; other children were missing as well and the same housekeeper might be involved - and possibly also she may have had companions. Now we were in a real hurry.

So I had the housekeeper unwrapped, and approached her with a whirring, small electrical surgical saw. I told her that she had ten fingers and that I was going to give her a total of ten chances to tell what had happened and where the kids were - and that each wrong answer would cost her a finger. That was when she lifted a little finger towards the saw and let the blade claim her nail cut by cut all the way down. And she turned toward me, smiling, and said that she was willing to sacrifice herself for her cause. I put the saw away and thought of other ways to approach the problem.

And then I was IN her head. In her mind, her memories, poking about in her spotless white kitchen. And there was the little girl, playing inside a cupboard. There were other children playing too, and a couple of adults - but those were locked inside rooms, screaming and trying to get out. And then there was the housekeeper herself as well, she was chasing me with a big knife. Now there was a fire going on too. I grabbed the little girl and one of the other children and headed for what appeared to be the exit door.

And then I woke up.

Captain Maltese

I have not been remembering much of my dreams lately. But last night they returned in force.

First dream, which is by now a blur of a blur. I was first day in a factory, rooms and machinery, and the people were acting very awkwardly. And so was I; I had not been given any actual tasks and just wandered around. There was a meeting. The boss was short, balding and wearing round glasses and a smirk. He was explaining how even more people would have to have their tasks removed because there weren't any. Then there was more walking around in the rooms, and I think there was talk of killing somebody to stop something.

The second dream, which I remember best. I was in a corridor at some kind of school - and it felt strongly like a Japanese school. I was minding my own business when a ghost shows up. Not a particularly ancient on, just a slender guy in maybe his 50s and a sword fighting master. I know that because that is how he presented himself to me. His hair was in a round, maybe frizzled style, and his body was sort of there and not there. In the end of the corridor was a bunch of furniture and other items; couches, shelves, clocks, and a maybe five feet long thin bag. The ghost explained that it was for two things; the training sword and the stick which was holding the big round sparring clock (is there even such a thing?). I started to look around for those things when a young Asian girl in school uniform came by, she seemed busy busy and was carrying a couple of small swords or long knives herself. She helped me look and located the round clock which was missing, and at that two MORE girls came by - those were hostile, but they went off. There were two leather holsters with zippers for her blades. The ghost was trying to tell me something about swords and the first girl was butting in. Then a teacher came by, laughing - she was carrying a calculator, a revolver and a small knife and explained that for once the students had followed every word she had said. I got hold of a long knife, its blade maybe three times hers, and she let go of her weapons when she realized she could not get to hers.

And then I woke up.

Captain Maltese

From last night's dreams: It is raining. We are muddy, weary soldiers standing in a field without too much order. We are not young, not vibrant, not ready for battle. But not strangers to each other either. Our uniforms are simple and crude, and we wear some kind of hats rather than helmets. We are waiting to be issued weapons.

The officers are quiet, anxious and reasonable. The sergeant I see is not; he is a big guy yet tries to dominate the group with a loud voice. I speak with one of the officers; he has a large mustache. He is pleasant company.

We get our weapons. Some get guns; they are old, worn and of different types. Some seem to not even be working. Others get just bayonets or stabbing weapons. I end up with a long bayonet mounted on some kind of pole. We go into some kind of inn or barrack and drink alcohol from bottles. There is a trade going on as the more eager soldiers try to get the better weapons. The sergeant simply confiscates several of the best guns and goes away with them; he sells them to the officers afterwards.

Captain Maltese

A funny one for a change. I dreamed that I was walking when I discovered a new way to walk - by simply putting my feet in a particular position and leaning forward exactly the right amount, I could slide forward without moving my feet further. On any kind of surface, and uphill.... As others on the road saw me doing it, they started doing the same thing.

Captain Maltese

A story this time.

I dreamed that I owned a luxury car; some kind of vintage red open sports car of some curvy model. It was so nice that when the king visited my local area, his people loaned it from me so he could be in some parade with it. Which was special enough, but then I saw him get off it at the far end of the parade and military people drove it away. Fair enough. So I went to the nearby garrison to get it back. But they did not seem to know where it was. I hung around for a while though; everyone were were nice and we talked about military stuff but they seemed a bit uncomfortable for some reason. And I really, really wanted my car back. I eventually went down to their garage and started to sniff around, followed by one soldier. Obviously there was mostly military stuff down there but not everything. I eventually found something big and red that was taken almost completely apart, that might or might not have been a car like mine. As I found the engine number and a company address from a tag and started to write it down, the soldier beside me murmured that it wasn't necessary - my car would be back in a day or two. It turned out that a couple of soldiers had taken my car for a little holiday joyride!

And then I woke up.

Captain Maltese

An amazing one this night.

I found myself following my father into a mountain area, some place where I had not been since I was a child. We came to some old dilapidated buildings where there was old machinery. I suddenly recognized where I was, went to look under an awning and pulled out some old comic books I had put there forty years ago. I kept looking around though; there were cables, electric gear, blue walls, plastic helmets. Turned out that it was an old and long disconnected water electricity plant, and that now it was going to be put into use again. I could see the pipes leading the water down to the lake on the other side. Then, I was on the other side of the lake with a grizzled electrician; we were holding an old and crude blue rectangular device that looked like a reading meter of some kind. I lamented that there were so few buttons and functions but the guy beside me said that it was enough for the task.

And then I woke up.

Captain Maltese

A strange dream last night, in black and white and from an older time than now. Edwardian?

A nightclub. There were men in formal black suits, and women in ornate dresses, and loneliness. And then there was Lola; frizzled dark hair, short and slender and shy, who danced with men after turn. I bought her a drink. We talked, briefly. Then she passed on, but I had learned her name. I left, walked the streets. Took a long elevator ride with a tall man with a hard face who looked as if he slept there; we shared a cigarette on the ride up and it eased the tension. Then I was back in the nightclub and looked for Lola again, but when I saw her she was on another man's arm. She danced on.

The dream ended there.

Captain Maltese

Last night I found myself in a hotel room with Mick Jagger and Keith Richards from Rolling Stones. We were sitting in couches around a small table with a few groupie girls, and were drinking whisky poured into big milk type glasses. One of the girls seemed quite friendly to me. Then we went joyriding in the hotel elevator and bullied young guys in suits.

Then I woke up.

Ralhend

Oh great... A thread about dreams.  Here is where all of my RP partners run away screaming...

Thankfully last night was just a variation of the standard issue "A Monster is chasing you and you cant run for shit" type dream

A sentient, smart assed vacuum cleaner with a bad temper was chasing me.  It wasn't even all that big but I was terrified for some reason...
After that I was eating bacon and eggs with a 20-something Rita Hayworth in Paris...  Yeah.  Hmmm.
Post Rate: (Lethargic)
Request Thread/ Ons and Offs /A/A Thread
Active Stories on E: (Extremely Selective) 3/3 Discussions/Caged Bird/Maiden Voyage/Shattered Mirror/
Other Games E : (Taken) 1/1 /Chessgame 1, Mimétisme vs Ralhend/

Wveth

These are great.

Last night I dreamed I was kid and was in grade school with a child-aged Osama bin Laden. He had it out for me and would bully me.

Captain Maltese

A night busy with dreams. But one was vivid in particular. I was parking outside where I supposedly lived, when I managed to slightly hit a car that that parked and standing partly into the parking area. I knew who it belonged to, and was quite unhappy about it. Eventually I was on the door of said person and was let in; a number of other people were there already and they were grinning evilly at me. We discussed the cost of the repairs. One of the older guys in there turned out to be a lawyer and gave me a bill of exactly 8500 dollars. I protested as that wasn't the price of a repair of a dent but the price of a used car. The owner agreed, still grinning evilly. I said "Just shoot me already." He brought a pistol from the back of his pants and pointed it at me. I just looked at him, feeling nothing but relief. He pulled the trigger and there was a bang. But I still felt nothing, and he looked at me and at the gun in disbelief. Then a woman shouted out "He isn't meant to die!" and I leaped at the shooter, wrestling for the gun - I swear I could feel the cold metal against my fingers IN THE DREAM - until I got control of it and then shot him while he was on the floor.

And then I woke up. Do note that even though Norwegian is my first language, every spoken word in this dream was in English. Odd.

Ralhend

I dreamed I was eating PBJs with Isaac Newton, and discussing its origins...
Post Rate: (Lethargic)
Request Thread/ Ons and Offs /A/A Thread
Active Stories on E: (Extremely Selective) 3/3 Discussions/Caged Bird/Maiden Voyage/Shattered Mirror/
Other Games E : (Taken) 1/1 /Chessgame 1, Mimétisme vs Ralhend/

Captain Maltese

An unusual dream this night.

I was on a road station or inn of some kind. There were people sitting by the tables, waiting to be fetched or to move on. On the floor was a lot of rubbish and papers. I saw a handful of postcards and out of curiosity I picked them up, then froze when I noticed something familiar and realized that they were for me. The first one, which I read, simply had my name on it and simply said... well, it was something more personal than I want to post on E. That was when I understood I could find more messages. I rose up and told the others by the table there were letters down there if we wanted them and I could help. Some said no thanks but a few said yes. Those sat down with me on the floor, and then there seemed to be bits of information all around us. A letter to said person with a title as well as a name. Packages with stuff in them. Fragments of uniforms, photos. Some was good and some was bad. But no one who wanted to, looked in vain.

AmberStarfire

It wasn't so much last night as while ago.

I can't remember what happened in the dream except a crow found me there. I knew his name.. knew him and it was like he hadn't seen me in a long time. There was this feeling of true happiness because he'd found me again. He was a big, black crow. :) I don't think he was a raven.

The dream kind of stayed with me. My grandmother had a pet crow, but I don't remember dreaming about him since then. I was going to write his name down and I forgot it. It was like it was on the tip of my tongue but I couldn't quite remember. Now it keeps coming back to me again and again and again. It feels like that wasn't just a dream. I'd write his name down  but being pagan myself, it's kind of like 'names have power' and it isn't mine to tell. But I do know his name. I'm going to ask my mother when I talk to her next if my grandmother's crow had a name.

Captain Maltese

That's a wonderful dream Amber. Just remember that even though names have power, most beings have more than one name. Your name for your raven friend is the one you get to call him by.

midnightblack

At about ten minutes from my place there is a large intersection that connects the good part of the city to the bad one. The main street is lined by graveyards on one side and a rather wild park opposite to them. I still remember the place the way it was thirty years ago, filled with abandoned construction sites that look like concrete skeletons partly exhumed. A strong wind is ever present in my memories, always pushing down a shadowy avenue, towards the bad part of the city.

I was right on the corner of that avenue, enduring the wind as I waited for the tram to turn and pick me up, when my phone rang. The number belonged to the one good friend that I had in this life. He died about one year ago, either directly due to the surface and inner burns caused by a chemical flame, or to the horrific conditions in our hospitals. I cannot remember the exact conversation, but I think he said he is very sorry for what happened and that he would like to see me again. I told him that I am sorry as well, but things are the way they are and, at least for the time being, a reunion is impossible.

It is not the first and probably won't be the last time that I talk with those who should be in eternal rest. I don't have words to describe how unnerving it is. My skin is crawling to the point that it feels like it's about to tear itself off and run away. I wish I had deeper knowledge about the sectors of the brain that cause these dreams. I would very politely ask them to stop.
The Midnight Lodge (O2 thread & completed tales compendium)
Thy Nightly Chambers (requests) updated!
Zerzura (albeit short, the best collaborative story I've ever completed here)

Captain Maltese

This is a dream I wish I had written down as soon as I woke up this morning. Now many details are gone but some still linger.

I was in a forest. Not so thick, but more marsh like with single trees here and there. Gloomy. Then I saw someone coming my way; a column of ragged men. They seemed like prisoners of war wearing roughly the same type of ruined uniforms, walking dully forward without noticing me. I waited until the column had passed me, then moved into their path. In the water nearby there were little pieces of the greenish and indelible ends of carrots and other root pieces; the remains from when some meager meal had been made for those men.

The next bit I remember, I was standing in front of a Russian officer - he definitely felt Russian. Old uniform style, long leather boots, visor hat, the works. And he boasted of something, waving his hands and laughing, and we seemed to be negotiating over something. I was given a paper with letters on which I was supposed to bring somewhere to someone. I looked at the paper but couldn't read the text.

And then, or soon after, I woke up.

Trigon

I had a dream in which I was dodging Tetris blocks. I woke up when one finally fell on me :(

Captain Maltese

The dream I just woke up from. It was all one dream but feels more like jigsaw puzzle pieces.

There was a war or something going on. I was in some facility testing and trying to find suitable recruits for something special. There were two recruits there and they were good healthy individuals but not what we had looked for.

Then me and a male friend or colleague were on an errand in the streets, taking a shortcut between some houses. On a back porch were two women sunbathing. They called out to us as we passed, and we stopped and talked. Eventually we went inside with them and there was vigorous sex. A shaving razor was involved at some point.

When I returned to the facility a man was following me. I was not sure at first but when I stopped and peeked after turning a corner, I saw him climbing over a gate that I had locked. He eventually came inside the facility and attacked me, but I had prepared with some kind of weapon or trap and I captured him. Then others came to help.

That woman from the porch returned though, and we went to meet her folks. Out in hillbilly style country. There were wooden sheds and wooden houses, and old yet disturbingly cunning folks sitting inside reading books. I was welcome but very much an outsider.

And then I woke up.