Words of wisdom!

Started by Grave, February 21, 2014, 05:04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmberStarfire

Those are lovely KS. I really like them.

King Serperior

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

King Serperior

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

King Serperior

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Renegade Vile

Quote from: King Serperior on June 21, 2014, 06:27:55 PM

While I find all of the words you posted very lovely, lord Serperior, I still find myself quirking an eyebrow at this one. While a nice thing to say, I find it very incorrect. A person's flaws aren't bad thing, they are an integral part of who they are. But the greatest things about that person are still their strengths, which everyone, no matter their flaws, have. This would be like saying: "You're a control freak, and that is the greatest thing about you." Instead of that aspect being something you accept, because it is but a single aspect of an entire, wonderful individual.

Stop me if I'm overthinking this.
<< Unavailable for New Games >>

King Serperior

Quote from: Renegade Vile on June 22, 2014, 03:35:08 AM
While I find all of the words you posted very lovely, lord Serperior, I still find myself quirking an eyebrow at this one. While a nice thing to say, I find it very incorrect. A person's flaws aren't bad thing, they are an integral part of who they are. But the greatest things about that person are still their strengths, which everyone, no matter their flaws, have. This would be like saying: "You're a control freak, and that is the greatest thing about you." Instead of that aspect being something you accept, because it is but a single aspect of an entire, wonderful individual.

Stop me if I'm overthinking this.
*Nods*  I completely understand where you're coming from.  Perhaps I was thinking too much on my end.  I was thinking it was along the lines of 'instead of hating your flaws and changing them, embrace that flaw as a part of you' or something along those lines.  *shrugs*  I guess the two of us are both overthinking in two different directions  >_>;

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Renegade Vile

Quote from: King Serperior on June 22, 2014, 03:44:03 AM
*Nods*  I completely understand where you're coming from.  Perhaps I was thinking too much on my end.  I was thinking it was along the lines of 'instead of hating your flaws and changing them, embrace that flaw as a part of you' or something along those lines.  *shrugs*  I guess the two of us are both overthinking in two different directions  >_>;

No, we're thinking in the same direction. I know what the motivational means to say, but it should have picked the words a little better. Essentially, you need to accept the flaws with the strengths, always, and only flaws that are truly harmful to the person (such as depression, inclination towards self-harm, and so on) should be "changed", simply because it may be the only way for them to be happy. However, one should never hate oneself for their flaws. Like I said, they are as big a part of you as anything else and should be seen as such. But the most productive thing to do, is to still focus on your strengths and make sure to emphasize that these -are- the best of who you are.
<< Unavailable for New Games >>

AmberStarfire

AmberStarfire

MiraMirror

"The heart has its reasons that reason knows nothing of."- Blaise Pascal

I don't know why, but this quote just sticks with me.
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

AmberStarfire

Rhedyn

Lilias

To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Rhedyn

AmberStarfire

Vill

Zuleika

Rhedyn

AmberStarfire

“The best way to escape from a problem is to solve it.”
― Alan Saporta

SpiralSpider

~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

Rhedyn

Lilias

To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Dovel

Whispered words of wisdom. Let it be.
Now we live, tomorrow not
Enjoy your pleasures, lest they rot
Let not them pass this very day
For on the morrow regret may with you stay

AmberStarfire