I chose my username because..

Started by Ariel, July 27, 2013, 02:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ariel

I really don't know why.

Oh! I remember. At an old writing site of mine, it was part of my username that had to do with the Hunger Games, so I shortened it to Uprising. ;D Sometimes people think it has to do with the band Muse, sometimes people think dirty. "Uprising, you start an uprising in my pants." >__> But who cares, I like it. :-)

What's your reason?

Just a note.. If this makes you question why you chose your username, and that you may want a change, all you have to do is PM a staff or deity for a requested name change! Just please remember that 1. your login in name will be the same as it was when you first joined, 2. You can only change it one (Knights, Dames, and Champions have an additional opportunity), and 3. Choose wisely! :-)
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Nico

Because the original one I wanted to take was taken already, and it was a good thing. I am quite comfortable with my username, because it is my real name.

himawari

Because I like this name. It is pretty.
And it does have my real name inside....not saying which. No prizes for guessing the right answer either...

Wanted to use a Japanese name (my Japanese name) actually but decided against it. Cuz I used my Japanese name a lot and well, I am afraid people who knows that name are able to track me down or something.
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Himawari’s Fields of Ideas

Katiana

Because it's my real name. It's unique enough for me.

SpiralSpider

Quote from: Nicholas on July 27, 2013, 11:40:46 AM
Because the original one I wanted to take was taken already, and it was a good thing. I am quite comfortable with my username, because it is my real name.
See, my original user name here was my actual first name. It was late when I was setting up my account and I just couldn't come up with something (names are always the bane of my character creation as well) so I just defaulted to my my name. Unlike you, it bothered me, but that's probably because 'Chaznia' is kind of a rare first name, so I felt like it would be easier to find me in "real life".

So I went with something that displayed elements I identified with spiritually. As a pagan, the spiral was always a symbol of power for me. I have been fascinated with spiders all my life - never afraid of them, I saw them as a symbol of the circle or web of life. They are a totem animal of mine, along with Firefoxes. ^.^'
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

fretboardmagic

I'm a guitarist and I do close-up magic. That's literally it.

windstar

Originally I wanted 'windseal', like some kind of magical item (a signet or seal) related to wind. Then I thought people would think it meant some kind of flying seal - so I went with windstar.

Blythe

I chose mine because it means "joyous" in Middle English; it's supposed to have an I instead of a Y in the middle, but I was also giving a shoutout to one of my favorite villains, John Bly, from Brisco County, Jr., so I changed the I in "blithe" to a Y.

Styx26

'Styx' was a nickname I got in sixth grade by some friends of mine; that led to me liking the band Styx and their music as well. ^^
And I was 26 when I joined E, so it all worked out.
Ons and Offs
RP Ideas, Characters
A/A's
Patience is a virtue... it's a good thing I'm trying to be more virtuous! ^^
Quote from: Wolfling72 on December 06, 2013, 06:23:12 PM
Do NOT encourage the Padawan!

despickable

I like puns and it is a pun name. I like the anonymity of it too as it is nothing to do with my real name. I had planned to write more darker explorations here so the name was suitable, but it appears i am quite a good romance  role play writer so not quite as apt but I like the name and happy to keep it.

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Red Woman

Basically because I'm a ginger and proud of it.
Besides that, I'm a very passionate person. About anything or anyone really..
At my age, I don't get too over exited anymore, but when I do, hide yourself, because I'll be spraying Red Hot Fire !
Last but not least, I like to dress in Red.
No, not last. I recently bought a Mini-Ferrari (well, it is to actually drive with, but it's a bit smaller and cheaper then the real thing) and that is Red as well!

Daoine Sidhe

I chose my username because I've had the nickname "faerie" for a long time.  And, I'm very interested in various cultures and mythologies - Irish and Scottish are among my favorite.  :-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]
Entice Me (O/O) | Engage Me (RPs) | Find Me (A/A) | Play with Me (Ideas)
Actively seeking good RP partners.

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

LadyBree

Because Lady is classy and elegant.
Bree sounds modern, fun and playful; and makes Lady sound less stuffy and stick-up-the-arse.

♪ Darling, leather or lace? ♪

Taishoku

Bit of a silly reason on my part. Way back when, I needed an Asian sounding name for a character. Combined a few Japanese words, and I liked the sound of it. It's stuck ever since.

Kekec

It's a character from my favourite childhood novel by a Slovenian author titled after its protagonist.

ripto666

I chose my username from my favorite video game while growing up, Spyro: Ripto's Rage. Although I despised the villain, Ripto, I have always loved the name.

Clio

Christa is my middle name, and McGinn is an old family name from Ireland.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Sofina

My names Sophie, but I spell it Sofi, Sofina is a bit more mysterious.
We all choose what path we follow..... Come down mine sometime. 

Sofina’s ONs and OFFs

BellaBella

Bella is a spin-off of a user name I've used on various other sites which is usually accompanied by something related to my being Southern, but I didn't want my names to be linked to one another. So, I took the last part and doubled it. It wasn't until afterwards I realized that there could be an association to Twilight which less than thrilled me; however, I haven't had an inclination to change it yet. I've also heard of an Italian restaurant with the name Bella Bella.

Outsider

I kinda mixed my name from two songs, Staind's - Outside and APC's - The outsider. "I'm on the outside, I'm looking in. I can see through you, see your true colors."

OtakuStarchild

Well, the first part of my username is kind of obvious, but for those who don't know, let me explain. 'Otaku' is usually the term used for people who are anime geeks. If you look it up, however, you get the urban definition as 'someone who is extremely pervy'. I guess that fits me as well XD

Starchild is a bit more personal for me. I go by the name 'Star' in person because my given name was too much for most people to say. So, instead of hearing them murder my name, I just went by 'Star'. My parents, whenever they would call me, would say, "Starchild!" The first time I used it online I didn't realize that it was what my parents would call out until one of them pointed it out to me. But! I love this name and, if you know me from any other site, you will see that I use it everywhere lol

Inkidu

I chose mine because I like Epic Poetry and the Epic of Gilgamesh is not as well known as say the Odyssey, Iliad, or Beowulf.

Also, Inkidu (there are many spellings) was the wild-man who was tamed by lying with a beautiful harlot for a week. I chose that particular spelling because it's a play on Ink and writing. :) 
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

TheDreadPirateRoberts

Mine is because it is one of my favorite movie characters, from one of my favorite classic action/comedy films....and it helps me find fellow fans of the film :)

Seress

Old char name from a MMORPG. *grin*

The Dark Raven

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.