Favorite Movie Quote?

Started by BlueCitrusSky, February 11, 2012, 02:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueCitrusSky

"The things you own end up owning you."   -Tyler Durden, Fight Club

Beguile's Mistress

Ouiser Boudreaux (Character played by Shirley MacLaine in Steel Magnolias)

"I'm not crazy.  I've just been in a very bad mood the last 40 years."

madskilz

Joffy

Gotta be the whole bible quote in Pulp Fiction... Too long to remember it, but it's a classic! :p

Mister Grimm

Quote from: Joffy on February 15, 2012, 02:41:54 PM
Gotta be the whole bible quote in Pulp Fiction... Too long to remember it, but it's a classic! :p

[Ezekiel 25:17 ]
Jules: The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Anyways. One of mine from Goodfellas. More of a group quote, but I love it all the same.
Mild Language
Henry Hill: You're a pistol, you're really funny. You're really funny.
Tommy DeVito: What do you mean I'm funny?
Henry Hill: It's funny, you know. It's a good story, it's funny, you're a funny guy.
[laughs]
Tommy DeVito: What do you mean, you mean the way I talk? What?
Henry Hill: It's just, you know. You're just funny, it's... funny, the way you tell the story and everything.
Tommy DeVito: [it becomes quiet] Funny how? What's funny about it?
Anthony Stabile: Tommy no, You got it all wrong.
Tommy DeVito: Oh, oh, Anthony. He's a big boy, he knows what he said. What did ya say? Funny how?
Henry Hill: Jus...
Tommy DeVito: What?
Henry Hill: Just... ya know... you're funny.
Tommy DeVito: You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?
Henry Hill: Just... you know, how you tell the story, what?
Tommy DeVito: No, no, I don't know, you said it. How do I know? You said I'm funny. How the fuck am I funny, what the fuck is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what's funny!
Henry Hill: [long pause] Get the fuck out of here, Tommy!
Tommy DeVito: [everyone laughs] Ya motherfucker! I almost had him, I almost had him. Ya stuttering prick ya. Frankie, was he shaking? I wonder about you sometimes, Henry. You may fold under questioning.

I've got all the things I need. It's the nature of my breed.
I'm independent, s m o o t h and confident.
Always in command with a graceful element and a tasteful compliment.
Do you know who I am?
I'm a deadly handsome man.

Silence

From 'The Watchmen'  :-)

"When the world looks up and shouts save us.. I'll whisper..No.."

Divine Drivel

" A bit higher. More toward the heavens ".

Chaucer from A Knight's Tale.
- - - I have random episodes of majestic surliness so I combat this phenomenon by mentally fast forwarding to Fridays - - -

OrchidofDarkness

Carl: [notices Van Helsing] Ah, there you are. So, did you bring Mr. Hyde back or did you kill him?
[acts obvious]
Carl: You killed him, didn't you? That's why they get so annoyed. When they ask you to bring someone back they don't mean as a corpse.
Every thing I gave is wasted, and I'm the one whos suffocated.

Mr Bigglesworth

After being told he was the worst pirate ever, Captain Jack Sparrow: "Ah, but you have heard of me."  -- A number of times I've found this sentiment to be relevant to real life.

DeadCell

This is probably the best line in pirates of the caribbean

Best Death Scenes: Captain Barbossa

I find this death scene very tragic. The fact that he has gone on this big endevous to become normal again, it must be a bittersweet thing to finally be able to feel something even if it is his own death,

ONS AND OFFS / Click Me For Story Ideas /
What is the colour of night?

Mordred

"1,000 years from now there will be no guys and no girls, just wankers. Sounds great to me."

- Renton (Ewan McGregor).. from Trainspotting
*See Pillory*

Breathless Intent

I've got a ton of favorite movie quotes, but this one is in my head and makes me smile just thinking about it.

"Drop. Your. Sword." Westley, "The Princess Bride"

And one of my very favorite parts of the movie. Not recommended for anyone who hasn't seen it....but if you haven't seen it WHAT ARE YOU DOING! GO! Go watch it NOW!

RP7466

Your best? loosers always whine about their best. winners go home and F%^& the prom queen.

Sean Connery in the rock

that or

shut the F%^& up donny!

John Goodman in the Big Lebowski

"It's my only politics... anti-wife. Any woman who devotes herself to making one man miserable instead of a lot of men happy don't get my vote"

John Wayne as Sam McCord

Harley

"When I say... Ah, c'mere...  When I say it's nothing personal...  You know that I'm telling the truth."  - Joker from the Dark Knight

bunny

I also have dozens and dozens of movie quotes in everyday use, but today I have to go with:

"It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage." Indiana Jones
You like me because I'm a scoundrel.

Captain Maltese

"I love these quiet little moments before the storm. Reminds me of..... Beethoven." - Stansfield, in the movie Leon

And another Stansfield quote: "I find no pleasure in taking the life from somebody who does not care about it."

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Triggvi

"How would you say would be the easiest way to take a weapon away from a Grammaton Cleric?"

"You ask him"

equilibrium

Iuda

I'm... An... F... B... I... Agent!

Classic Keanu from Point Break.

Cracks me up every time.

Triggvi

"It hurts! Maybe not a much as jumping on a bicycle without a seat, but it hurts"
Make gun

"Surely you can't serious. Yes I am and don't call me Shirley"
Airplane

Usani

"I have an army."-Loki
"WE HAVE A HULK!"- Iron Man lol,   sorry I posted both so it'll make more sense.

SickBoyUK

one of my favorite movie quotes

You smell that? Do you smell that? Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like … victory. Someday this war's gonna end.

from Apocalypse now

sickboyuk

Triggvi

Puny god-the hulk
The avengers

Wyatt

Two of the greatest quotes back to back, awesome work by someone on Youtube.

"My name is...

My Name Is Maximus Inigo Decimus Montoya Meridius
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”
Ons, Offs and Stuff   
Story Ideas
Apologies and Absences

SaturnCeleste

Quote from: SickBoyUK on August 10, 2012, 03:52:51 PM
one of my favorite movie quotes

You smell that? Do you smell that? Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like … victory. Someday this war's gonna end.

from Apocalypse now

sickboyuk
Ah yes, that is one of my favorites as well!

From Dune:
If wishes were fishes, we'd all cast nets.
        Gurney Halleck

To some, steampunk is a catchall term, a concept in search of a visual identity. To me, it’s essentially the intersection of technology and romance. – Jake von Slatt
Saturn Reads Tarot (Free) & E*rotic Readings,
Lickable Limericks, Saturn's Celestial Void, Saturn's Celestial Sojourn

Captain Maltese

From Kellys Heroes

A german captain has been captured by the GI Joes, so he can tell where the best hotels in the about-to-fall town is....

Big Joe (Telly Savales): I thought I told you to bring me some good-looking kid, not this fat, sausage-chewing wino!
Kelly (Clint Eastwood): Well, if you were looking for a young boy, you should have sent somebody else, Joe.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories