The Town of Elliquiy (Reboot) <Interest Check>

Started by NaughtyKitty, January 13, 2013, 06:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arion

Hey Naughty?  Had an idea:  what do you think of, at some point, starting a 'community events' thread, for things like parades, parties, and other social events where most if not all characters would be present at the same time?
"The flesh surrenders itself.  Eternity takes back its own.  Our bodies stirred these waters briefly, danced with a certain intoxication before the love of life and self, dealt with a few strange ideas, then submitted to the instruments of Time.  What can we say of this?  I occurred.  I am not... yet, I occurred."     -Frank Herbert

"I've rambled with the worst of them, fell in love with a harlequin, saw the darkest hearts of men, and I saw my self staring back again, and I saw my self staring back again."    -Bartholomew, The Silent Comedy; If you do not think that this is one of the greatest songs ever written... You.  Are.  Wrong.

<a href="https://www.f-list.net/c/arion99">My F-List

Angel Fire

Quote from: RedEve on January 20, 2013, 04:53:12 AM
Don't want to be a nag, and I very much love the core concept of this game, but I am still struggling with thinking of a good opening post.

In terms of the town's size, how many deputies would Rebecca have?

Quote from: marauder13 on January 20, 2013, 05:02:58 AM
Being someone who isn't an American, I really have no idea. But, if it were me in that position, I would reference two deputies in an opening post, and leave the rest of it vague for now until someone more knowledgeable can assist.

Being American here, I have a little more knowledge about the system.  Typically, Sheriffs are like the head of a county's law enforcement so not only does she have to take care of the town's law enforcement but also the entire county as well.  In reference to this RP and judging on how big Elliquiy is, I would say that Rebecca would have a Sheriff's office in town but her main headquarters would be in the county seat (most likely in nearby Cathlamet).  Generally, I would say about 10-15 deputies split across many shifts would suffice for a good starting point.  You could have a little bit more deputies on duty during the day than you would at night or vice versa.  It depends on how you wish for things to play out *Smiles*
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

NaughtyKitty

Quote from: Angel Fire on January 20, 2013, 09:51:23 AM
Being American here, I have a little more knowledge about the system.  Typically, Sheriffs are like the head of a county's law enforcement so not only does she have to take care of the town's law enforcement but also the entire county as well.  In reference to this RP and judging on how big Elliquiy is, I would say that Rebecca would have a Sheriff's office in town but her main headquarters would be in the county seat (most likely in nearby Cathlamet).  Generally, I would say about 10-15 deputies split across many shifts would suffice for a good starting point.  You could have a little bit more deputies on duty during the day than you would at night or vice versa.  It depends on how you wish for things to play out *Smiles*

While Angel is correct about Sheriffs being generally over an entire county....I think of this more along the lines of the Sheriff of Eureka (the Sci-Fi Channel TV Show) which was the same model as The Andy Griffith show.  There was the Town Sheriff and one deputy. One deputy might be unrealistic...so maybe 2 or three...and perhaps a few people in the office (dispatcher, clerks, things of that nature). 

That's just how I see it....but again, I'm not trying to be a dictator here so I'm open to things. 

NaughtyKitty

Approved Characters:

Camille LeCroix - Angel Fire
Sebastian Rhys-Hamilton - marauder13
Anna Sophia Peterson -    stargirl

Welcome to town!  Just like everyone else, I'll need links to a Home Thread and a Work Thread.  You can post them for me in the OOC Thread or IM them to me. Thanks!

NaughtyKitty

Quote from: Arion on January 20, 2013, 09:45:59 AM
Hey Naughty?  Had an idea:  what do you think of, at some point, starting a 'community events' thread, for things like parades, parties, and other social events where most if not all characters would be present at the same time?

Arion...let's move this discussion over to the OOC Thread, please.  I'll go ahead and move it there.  :)

NaughtyKitty

Quote from: Arion on January 20, 2013, 08:36:33 AM
During one of my visits to Eugene I got into a conversation with the neighbors of the person I was staying with, a homosexual male couple, about this.  From what they told me, and what I saw around town, Oregon for the most part is very accepting of homosexuals.  Even people from the more rural areas and smaller towns don't really pay that much attention to it.

All in all, Oregon seemed pretty progressive, and things like homosexuality are mostly a non-issue in most of the state.

Yeah...that area is pretty open in this regard. 

Especially since she's the Mayor, Molly is fairly open.  She doesn't go around waving a rainbow flag or anything...but she doesn't hide it either.

stargirl

Anna is a housewife. How could the Home thread be different than her work thread?

JackWhite

Quote from: stargirl on January 20, 2013, 01:06:58 PM
Anna is a housewife. How could the Home thread be different than her work thread?
Just the home thread.

YaoiRolePlay

I'd be interested in making a pastor character who runs a church. If you'd like. I know touchy and all that, but I'd love to get some religion going. Otherwise I'll do something else if you don't want that.

The church would be gay accepting, the pastor would be gay, so there's that.

NaughtyKitty

Quote from: YaoiRolePlay on January 20, 2013, 01:42:17 PM
I'd be interested in making a pastor character who runs a church. If you'd like. I know touchy and all that, but I'd love to get some religion going. Otherwise I'll do something else if you don't want that.

The church would be gay accepting, the pastor would be gay, so there's that.

What the hell! In for a penny, in for a pound.  Go for it!  If nothing else, we're pushing envelopes here.

Phoenixrisen

Yay for pushed envelopes. It would be kinda cool, at least in my opinion if the pastor could be for an alternative religion as well.
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

YaoiRolePlay

Character Name: Will Kelley

Sex: M
Orientation: Gay
Job: Pastor
Played By: YaoiRolePlay

Appearance

Height: 6 ft
Weight: 214 lbs
Body Type: Average body type. A bit of fat.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Distinguishing Features: none

Personality: As a pastor, Will engages in a lot of conversation with people, tending to people's spiritual needs. However, he doesn't particularly enjoy doing so, he prefers the more quiet solitude to meditate and reflect. He is a very religious man, with a large amount of faith in God and Christian principles, and he believes that people should believe the same thing, for their own sake. He is rather conservative, in politics and personality. He doesn't dress very loudly, but prefers to keep it lower key. When he gives his sermons, he can get a little louder, but for the most part, he's reserved. He will condemn people for their actions, but he won't be very loud about it, only giving them a gentle nudge in the right direction.

-Going to community theatre shows
-Going to the bakery
-Occasionally going to the movie theater
-Talking to people in a group setting

Ons: He's really quite inexperienced, but he wouldn't say no to a date at a coffee shop or a movie. Something romantic. He's never had sex so wouldn't know what personally turned him on. (I'd like a nice sweet romance plot with him)

Dislikes: -Maintaining friendships with people (he's a very go with the flow type of person, never initiating anything)
-Alcohol (only in small amounts)
-Drugs
-Crime

Offs: Anything listed in my personal offs, of course, but nothing for the character as he doesn't have anything to compare it to.

History: Will Kelley was born in the city of Seattle, having been born and raised there. His life was, for the most part, fairly ordinary. He made friends and talked to people, socializing as most people do. But he soon found out that he was gay, which did not please his rather religious family. He himself was really rather scarred when he found out and started to realize the implications. Simply being attracted to men was not a good thing, it meant that he was destined to lead a life of sin. His father sent him to an ex-gay counselor and he went eagerly, trying to get rid of his attraction. It was very hard for him and he tried harder at that than he'd ever tried at anything. But to no avail. At the end of it all, he was still attracted to guys.

When he got back from the therapy, he always told his parents that it was working, and eventually he dated a girl from church. The girl, however, told him after several weeks of dating that he was gay and that he needed to accept that. She directed him to several online sites that talked about other gay people who had reconciled their orientation with their religion and he gradually found peace.

However, he did still feel a call. A call to the ministry, that was what his father had called it. He went to a small Christian school outside of Portland and eventually graduated, looking for a church that needed leadership. He was eventually able to find one, a Baptist church in Elliquiy, Baptist in name only as it had broken away from the Baptist church organization. The church had not so much broken away as been kicked out for its pro-gay views. Will was taken in as the pastor and has been there for about four years now. He tries his best to lead people to God, to save them from hell, and to help people like him who are gay and Christian who feel conflicted.

stargirl

Yaoi,
  Great character. I would like your character and mine, Anna Sophia, could interact some. Your character goes close to what I was thinking too.

As for making my house thread, do I have to get as detailed as the other house threads? Like finding house pictures and so?

YaoiRolePlay

Sure. I'd like that. Some contention, always fun.

Silver

Looks like Izzie will have a daily customer...
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Angel Fire

Quote from: stargirl on January 20, 2013, 05:05:12 PM
Yaoi,
  Great character. I would like your character and mine, Anna Sophia, could interact some. Your character goes close to what I was thinking too.

As for making my house thread, do I have to get as detailed as the other house threads? Like finding house pictures and so?

I would say that it would be your thread so my guess would be that you could have pictures or just a description.  Maybe just a basic picture of the front of Anna Sophia's house would better IMO, like I did with Camille's apartment thread.
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.

NaughtyKitty

Approved Character:

Will Kelly -  YaoiRolePlay

Again..welcome to the town.  Put together your home and church threads...then IM them to me or post them in the OOC. 

Quote from: stargirl on January 20, 2013, 05:05:12 PM

It's your home thread...you can make it as spartan or as detailed as you like. 

marauder13

Just been created, and now open for business. I present to you...

Swordsman18

Character Name: Adrian Strong Jr. "AJ"
Sex: Male
Orientation: Straight
Job: Harware Store Owner's Son
Played By: Swordsman18

Height: 6'0"
Weight: 184 lbs
Body Type: Slim
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown

Distinguishing Features: the ever present smile and air of positivity that he seems to exude when he is around.

Personality: Playful attitude that can be serious when necessary but outside of situations where he feels that it is necessary, he is playful, positive and somewhat charming.

-Doing what he can for people in town
-Discussing projects that involve tools or other machinery
-Building things (from the clean to the naughty)
Dislikes:
-Destructive behavior
-People that are too serious
-Anyone that insults his father or his business

Absolutely Nots: M/M

History:
Adrian was born to his mother and father when they had just opened the shop. In fact it had been just a few hours after the grand opening of Strong Tools when his mother had him in a hospital not too far from the town. And much like his father he had an affinity for tools and building and working with his hands on projects. Also he had a keen inclination to help his peers or his parents whenever he could always with a smile or positive demeanor. Once he had even nailed his hand to a wall with a nail gun but did not cry, his father only realized when he had seen the 7 inch nail sticking out of his son's hand. A few stitches later and the boy was right as rain.

The years continued to pass with him growing up in the town and being known as the kid that would help out as much as he could. At school, from junior high through high school, he built all of their sets for their plays and such with the rest of the crew but it was clear that he was better than the other people involved just with his sheer amount of resources and experience with the tools. Over time his reputation as being good with his hands got him dates and even girlfriends throughout his teenage years and even into his college years.

To go to college he had to leave the town for a couple of years with him getting his degree in engineering and a minor in business. Now, he was back ready to take his father's business to the next step and the other things that he could do for the town that he was raised in.

Phoenixrisen

~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

NaughtyKitty

Approved Character:

Adrian Strong Jr. - Swordsman18

Welcome to the town.  Put together your home and store threads...then IM them to me or post them in the OOC. 

kingmaster1

Hello, I was wondering if there was an opening, this sounds like fun :-)

Angel Fire

We have not heard from our wonderful GM, NaughtyKitty, saying that there are not any more openings so I would say there are more openings here!

There are many jobs that you can try to have.  Whatever is your fancy, it will certainly bring more life to this sweet small town *Smiles*

kingmaster1

I sent a pm to the gm with my character attached...hopefully that's what I was supposed to do.... :P

Angel Fire

I can't speak for our GM but I have a good feeling that it should be all right. *Smiles* She will get to it when she can!