A Light in the Bleakness (GoT X LotR)

Started by That One Dingus, November 07, 2016, 10:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

That One Dingus

I'll confess, I'm not that well-versed in the show Game of Thrones. From the little that I do know, however, is that it is far too bleak in its natural state for me to consider writing a character native to that universe. But, I am intrigued by the depth of world-building that has gone into the cultures, the White Walkers, and the sheer number of named characters.

So, what do I do? I request that someone help me write an RP where a character is plucked from one universe and thrown into the messy stew that is the Thronesverse. What setting reminds me of GoT, but in a more optimistic fashion? Why, the Lord of the Rings of course. And it just so happens that there is room for a cosmic gag here.

What if after the death of Boromir in the Fellowship, our noble Captain of Gondor found himself in a strange new land? And why do people look at him so strangely, as if he was a walking ghost? And who is this "Eddard Stark"?

This would be an opportunity for me to learn about the Game of Thrones setting alongside Boromir, who brings his own Gondorian sense of honor and justice to a land where such things are foreign. I'm looking for someone who is familiar with GoT to write a story where the magic of two different worlds mingles in a manner where one man crosses the border of death and finds himself in another world. This game would take place after Boromir's death at Amon Hen, but I'm cool with whatever time and place my partner feels comfortable with writing. Pre- or post-Red Wedding? Westeros or Essos? Doesn't matter. Personally, however, I feel like it would be best after Eddard Stark's death, just for that "oh shit" moment when people see what they think is Eddard Stark back from the dead and with several years shaved off.

Before contacting me, please look at my Ons/Offs and see if we would be compatible. I'd really hate to make anyone feel uncomfortable. To make things more interesting, Boromir would only enter this world with two items: his chainmail and the shield he left behind on that fateful day. The Horn of Gondor still lies broken in Minas Tirith and he has no sword; he'll just have to be clever and actually use his shield until he gets one, now won't he?  ;)
Ons & Offs

Absences and Apologies (Updated for June 2018)