Recruiting for 'Spandex, Tights & Geeks'

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, August 18, 2010, 08:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elven Sex Goddess

In the fictional city of  Anarchy.     Where street gangs run rampant.  Organized crime families battle constantly for control of turfs.   A group of progressive imaginative college students, the 'geeks'.   Decide to act to help clean up Anarchy.   They do so by taking from the bibles of heroes, the comic book.   Donning  spandex and tights.  Coming up with hero and heroine names.   These students take to the streets to fight crime.   

This game is a take on Kick Ass  premise.

Needed players to play a geek hero or heroine.  Along with players to play the antagonists.   From costume baddies, gang bangers and mafia types.   

QuoteCode Name:

Secret Identity:

Year:

Major: 

Extra curriculum:

Description/Picture:

Concept:

Brief Bio:

There is no superpowers,  no mutant or alien technology and or finally some magical powers.   These are extraordinary heroes and heroines.    Who  are just average individuals who decided to take a stand against all the crime in Anarchy city.

Example character

Code Name:  Raven Silk

Secret Identity: Yvonne Jackson

Year:  Freshmen

Major:  Criminalogy

Extra curriculum:  Cheer leader,  gymnastics,  Equestrian riding

Description/Picture:

Concept:  Yvonne is quite the limber agile young woman.   As a cheerleader at Anarchy University and on the gymnastics team.    A dare devil at heart.     She strikes the baddies with  her electric riding crop.   

Brief Bio:  Yvonne is in the first year of college, as a freshmen.    She almost didn't make it.   For the past year she lost her father.  A police officer on the Anarcy force   had been killed in the line of duty her senior year in high school.   Then for another insult her mother had the family car car-jacked.   A recent outbreak of crime around the campus.    An  Yvonne along with friends decides to something about it. 

Xenolord

Code Name: Scissorman

Secret Identity: DJ Kuz

Year: Junior (Before Dropout)

Major: None

Extra curriculum: Club DJ

Description/Picture: Dressed in a black cloak, he keeps his features hidden with a black ski mask, painted with an ear to ear grin. His weapon of choice is a giant pair of scissors, which he uses as tools, in offense and defense.

Bio: Schitzophrenic, DJ Kuz has been known to go into violent tantrums. He just figured out how to channel them.

Inspiration: Paranoid killers.

Hope I did that right... and more importantly, hope the concept is okay.

Heroes are overrated.

Elven Sex Goddess

The characters look good   XenoLord and   Rubyslippers.   Welcome aboard  Kaizen.

I am super busy this weekend.  Going to be putting in a lot of over time.   So I am looking to start this game either Monday or Tuesday.   Which gives us the week end here for recruiting more people. 

Genbu83

Code Name: The Wrench

Secret Identity: Bryce Xander Thompson

Year: Sophomore

Major: Engineering/Industrial Science Dual Major

Extra curriculum: Intermural sports. ((Rugby, wrestling, and swimming))

Description/Picture: ((Iknow it's a halflife pic, but it's the best I can find for my concept at the moment.))

Concept: Atheletic geek has a revalation after a crime he prevented. Uses his access to tools and technical know how to become a blue collar Iron Man or Steel. He uses Sturdy tools for melee, and has assorted power tools and "toys", he builds for his armors.

Brief Bio: Bryce was another one of those All American Boy Scout types. He played a few sports, helped out amongst his school, and was typically not on anyone's badside. He loved working with his hands and so he went to ASU to further that love. With his general liability he was invited to a sorority party. At this party the son of an enforcer in a smaller mob decided that it was his "right" to move on in the relationship with a sorority member. Needless to say this escalated from "chill out bud, I'll get you a drink and introduce you to a friend", to "this is a knife wiseguy", to "Mr. Bently I understand your frustration but your son was caught on video stabbing the young man who through him out the window."  The stabbing hurt and took some recovery time away from school and in physical therapy. However Bryce realised that he was a wrench in that guys plan to rape that college girl. In essence that was what all heroes were; the wrench in the plan to cause harm or injustice. There was a rush in being called a hero, and doing the right thing on a new level. Thus, the Wrench was born, meshing up one crime at a time. Most of his spare time in school is spent working on a new suit to take out against crime. His class time is spent designing and using school funding to build himself better equipment, and he's turning to mor marial arts and even renasaince faires to improve his fighting prowess.

Wrench Test suit

Construction:

Hazmat suit reinforced with hockey padding, motorcross armor and a little kevelar. Dyed blue and lined with reflector plates. Helmet is a modified arcwielding helmt modded onto a standard construction helmet and lined with steel. Heavy duty tool belt and full body blimbing harnass are attached as well. Steel toed workboots are worn with reinforced work gloves.

Armament:

Main: Large Pipewrench, Balpine hammers, and chain. Or Thumper.
Secondary: Modified paintball gun, Paintcan rockets, Paintcan flamethrower, 9oz Co2 launcher.
Deployable: Caltrops, Ball bearings, Engine Grease, Pepperspray,smoke grenades, homemade bombs, and flares
Suit: SAP gloves, Boots, Tools.

Utility:

Gasmask: Industrial
Firemask: One time use
Small Fire Exstingquisher: Commercial
Propane Torch
Climbing Gear
Police Scanner
Radio
Maglights
Flares
Basic tool set

Assessment:

Fairly mobile, but lacking in defense. The hazmat suit, while cheap, is probablly not the most optimal base for a "suit". I will keep this "Test Model", just in case. Most of it does fit easily into a duffle bag, and with the exeption of paintball gun, non of this is illegal. Though I can plikely explian this away as "an urban exploration kit" should an officer of the law investigate it. I do have several ordinace papers, looks like that will be a good cover. Gives me an excuse to get a bullet proof suitcase.

Elven Sex Goddess

Nice character concept  Genbu83,   welcome to the game.

Genbu83

Thanks. I look forward to playing. I think my character will be more interested in getting into the big picture, but I look forward to this whole, "year one" hero thing.

Darkcide

Code Name: Anubis

Secret Identity: Dante Jackson

Year: Sophomore

Major: Double Major: Graphic Design/Fitness

Extra curriculum: MMA, Working as a Tattoo Artist, Drinking, Fitness, and Target Shooting.     

Description/Picture:
In Costume

Out of Costume:

Description: Dante is 6'0", and weighs 195 lbs. He's in excellent physical shape and works out daily. Overall his build is more solid, and he also sports several tattoos along his body.

Concept: Anubis flirts the line between hero and villain. He typically kills his opponents and has little patience for those he considers amateurs. He uses an assortment of guns, and edged weapons especially knives. His military training is put to use well, and he uses the money he earns doing odd jobs to further his personal vendetta.

The training he received in the armed forces proved useful, as did much of the training he garnered living the life he did. Dante had took up boxing at 13 years old and was undefeated before enlisting. He also wrestled in High School, and took up Kali upon coming back stateside. This with his military training on unarmed hand to hand tactics, firearms and knife usage makes him a dangerous combatant. Not to mention his knowledge of the streets, and lifetime of close association with criminals and crime.

Brief Bio: Dante grew up in one of the roughest neighborhoods of the city where he was forced to fight everyday just to survive. He discovered a talent for art early on, but typically tagged along with his older brother who was a gangmember. Dante was raised by his brother as their parents were both deceased. One day his brother was murdered in a shooting which he witnessed and Dante was eventually given a choice due to the life he was leading. Prison or The Armed Forces.

Dante joined the Marines, but was dishonorably discharged for striking a superior officer at the age of 20. Going back home, he started going to school where he'd be a double major in Graphic Design and fitness. Still consumed by the rage of losing his family to the gangs of the city, Dante decided he was going to wipe them all out.

When he isn't in school or costume, Dante works as a tattoo artist and is also an amateur MMA Fighter.

If I need to make any edits, please by all means let me know. I like this idea though.

Elven Sex Goddess

Welcome aboard Darkcide,   Dante looks good  :)

Kaya

It seems it is time for some bad guys, or in this case, bad girls.

Name of Crime Organization: Yakuza Joshibu

Leader: Monica Loto

Description/Picture:

Concept: Monica Loto leads the Yakuza Joshibu, a female version of the Japanese Yakuza. They operate out of a strip joint in Anarchy's red light district and have good contacts to most of the other gangs or operations in the city because they usually provide the entertainment. But apart from the club and prostitution, the Yakuza Joshibu is also active in more traditional Yakuza activities like blackmail, obtaining incriminating or embarrassing information about a company's practices or leaders and using this to extort money or services. They also specialize in inducing holders of small real estate to sell their   property so that estate companies can carry out much larger development   plans. Anyone standing in their way faces assassination.

New girls are recruited in Japan and brought into Anarchy under the cover of darkness. These inductees have to work in the strip club and the prostitution business for at least two years, depending on their talent. During that time they learn english and are trained in the fighting styles of the Yakuza Joshibu. They either specialize in swordfighting or shooting, but every girl learns martial arts.

The Yakuza Joshibu place great value on honor and they fear shame and dishonor more than death. They would never wear protective gear, instead they dress very feminine, usually showing quite a bit of skin. Yet, anyone who underestimates them might be very surprised to the see the pretty girl he was laughing about kick her stiletto heal through his eye into his brain.

These are two operatives:

OOC: Tell me please if this is too far over the top or if I should change anything. If it's okay with the group, I'll play Monica but also operatives that might go up against the "geeks in tights".

RubySlippers

Yes a worthy opponent!

(pulls out her big Kilij from her trench coat)

There may be only ONE!!! (sorry had to say that big highlander fan)

I made two changes I gave her two weapons she loves using th Kilij (saw it on Deadliest Warrior and OMG its so uber-cool) and Throwing Knives. That plus martial arts generally (yes western swordfighting would count) and protectivearmor she should be aworthy opponent. Not to mention a big old butt to the opponents face using her steel protective mask.  ;)

But guns are so crude ladies ...

Chloe Milev

Oh.  My.  Gosh.

So cool.  Didn't see Kickass, but I loved Watchmen and anything with "superheroes without powers."  When I get the chance, I'll design and throw in a cross-hero for approval (guy who has a superheroine identity).
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Kaya

Quote from: RubySlippers on August 21, 2010, 01:19:26 PM
But guns are so crude ladies ...

Just to make that clear: The Yakuza Joshibu have a code of honor which will be followed to the letter. If there is someone annoying waving about with a pizza carton, demanding the Yakuza Joshibu stop their evil ways, they will just teach him a lesson without hurting him too much. If the same guy pulls a gun and shoots, they will shoot back. If he kills one or more operatives, they will come after him until he is dead. Then, his friends will be fair game, too.

RubySlippers

My character is carrying a big, weighted scimitar like weapon that can slice through pig carcasses like a hot knife through tofu.

If she uses it she will be killing operatives.

But there are other options cut off their arms and legs itsnot like they will be that much of a - threat.  ;D

Kaya

I'm just saying. If the good guys use lethal force, there is no reason why the bad guys shouldn't. As far as I understand the set up post, the intention was rather to have people like the main Kick Ass character, who doesn't use lethal force.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with every character posted here. I just want to be clear that this is probably going to get more violent than it was originally intended.

RubySlippers

The same Kick Ass that fired miniguns and a rocket launcher killing thugs and the mafia boss guy in the movie? Yup blowing up a mob boss is really non-lethal.

If this was a Mystery Men game you would have a point.

Kaya

It definitely escalated.   ;)

But he started off with just two sticks and a high pain threshold.

Elven Sex Goddess

RubySlippers

Quote from: Kaya on August 21, 2010, 07:35:59 PM
It definitely escalated.   ;)

But he started off with just two sticks and a high pain threshold.

Correction two sticks he got the high pain threshhold from metal bolting most of his skeleton after he got knifed and beaten up by those two thugs and a long hospital stay.

But Hit Girl and Big Daddy had no trouble doing in the bad guys and stealing their money after.  ;D

I don't mind scaling character profile things down but not with the Japanese mafia folks running around if they use guns and swords - my character will be going old school on them.

Genbu83

My character's mode of operation will essentially have three levels. Nonlethal, Escatlated Force, and "Him or Me", also known as lethal force. Given that my character is likely going to be the most heavily armored, I think he will have a bit more leeway on when he moves from one level to the next.

That being said the characters gear will be all pheasible. Most of his gear will be based stuff I have designed back when I was foreman of my highschool metal shop. For sake of story I may allow the science to work a little more in my favor. But I won't be going too unrealistic. In my O/O's I will likely have variations of his "suits".

As far as bad guys go. Criminals are mean and ruthless bastards most of the time. The whole point that the mafioso in kickass, was to show people doing heroics would not get punches pulled by thugs. Big Daddy played it smart, body armor and guns.

Comically, that is not too stylistic, but you do what you have to. My character is not going to be opposed to firearms, but he won't be as comfortable with him as our resident tattoo artist and vet. But we are going for a realistic gritty story fromw hat I gather. However, I will play to however we deam it.

Gladiator0161

Heya guys, saw the thread and thought it looked awesome. I hope I'm not too late to join.

Code Name: Ravager

Secret Identity: Jason Phillips

Year: Freshman

Major: Football and Engineering

Extra curriculum: Kick Boxing, Weightlifting, Boxing, and Martial Arts: Judo

Description/Picture:

Out of Costume

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv251/nightsketcher1/Final%20Fantasy/Snow_Final_Fantasy_XIII_by_hel999.jpg

In Costume

From the time Jason was in Elelmentary School he'd been put in basic martial arts classes but his real love of martial arts didn't come to him until he was in 6th grade. During that year a school bully beat on him so bad that he'd had to go to the hospital for stiches and a broken arm. The school didn't do anything about it, since it had occurred off of school grounds at the end of the school day. Jason promised himself that he wouldn't be the victim of a school bully in such a way, ever again and so threw himself into his martial arts training of Judo, when he had healed properly. It was about 3 months later when the same bully came up to him again. The bully did his usual stuff teasing, insulting, bragging before moving onto physical abuse. This time when the bully swung Jason swung back. In the end the bully had to be sent away to the hospital for a minor concussion and stiches. Problems with bullies seemed to die down after that. Jason though was a smart kid and quickly grew bored with regular classes during high school. The school staff introduced him to their engineering class, which Jason enjoyed immensely.

In his second year in high school he tried out for the football team, weightlifting class with kixk boxing and boxing classes after school.
Jason's father being a SWAT officer put his son in Judo class, so that he would know how to better defend himself, if he were ever attacked by a common criminal. Jason liked the class so much that he went again and then signed on to learn kick boxing, boxing which naturally required the use of weightlifting.

His grandfather was an executive in Phillips Protrolium and wanted his grandson to go to college to gain a higher education. Unfortunately his grandfather died in his senior year in high school but, left him a large inheritence so that he could have the money to go to college and generally live life. The inheritance from his grandfather paid for his college experience, everything from the school he would attend to the dorm room and ofcourse his school books.

Jason hates the use of violence in todays society but, realizes that violence itself will not be stopped. His inner sense of justice due to his father will not let him just go about his daily life without trying to stop violent crimes, whether public or domestic. To that end he has donnd a costume based off of his father's SWAT gear and partly off of HALO, his favorite video game, in the hopes of reducing crime rates. He has since armed himself with a glock 9 mm pistol and a 9 inch combat knife.

RubySlippers

I figure my character will be targeting the people doing business with the Yakuza, say some pimp is taking human trafficked girls she will kill his men, chop off his hand or something and tell the sick bastard to get the word out to anyone doing business with the Yukuza girls - they stop or they die and is only not killing him so he does that. If the pimp won't talk he will lose another more valuable part like his cock.

Hit them where their money is.  ;D

Genbu83

Added his 1st suit too the description. I'll post his others in my O/O's as I come up with them and based on what we roleplay through.

Elven Sex Goddess

Genbu83

so we have decent sized cast. What's our next move Goddess?

Elven Sex Goddess

The game will be under NC Human small groups free form.

Here is the OOC/Roster thread link.   

'Spandex, Tights & Geeks'  OOC/Roster

The game thread or threads will be coming shortly, this early evening. 

Gladiator0161

Great! Thanks! If there's something you wanna know about my character, or if something needs added/edited, just let me know.

Elven Sex Goddess