[Scion: Hero] Recruitment Closed

Started by ererruz, February 11, 2016, 10:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phaia

Quote from: ererruz on February 14, 2016, 06:30:03 PM
The second NSFW picture's sadly not working. Mechanics-wise... you seem to have got two sets of primary attributes (physical & mental) so you've got 2 dots too many in one of them. Might I suggest using the last dot on Guide 1 representing all contacts she gets thanks to her club? Unless you plan to use it for something else?

I will fix both. Moved the image for the second pic to a private folder. Opps on the attributes they did a look a bit off but I never quite saw why. will make the changes needed and fix the sheet.. I am gonna need the last dot to use on Papa's helpfun hand. I can easy though drop the added damage to the pistol it is still powerful.

Phaia

Cataclysmic Archangel

Seems I still have a LOT to do with my sheet.  I thought I had all my points figured out; right now I should only have one extra bonus point.

However, i also work 12 hour days, so devoting the time to digging out my books and figuring stuff out will be a bit again. :(

ererruz

Quote from: Arcannyx on February 14, 2016, 06:40:41 PM
Seems I still have a LOT to do with my sheet.  I thought I had all my points figured out; right now I should only have one extra bonus point.

However, i also work 12 hour days, so devoting the time to digging out my books and figuring stuff out will be a bit again. :(

I'm here to help. What exactly do you need help with? Just pm me with some details and I'll gladly help.

Phaia

New and improved Selena...well maybe just fixed. Please check NSFW image two and the others to be sure the links are working.
ererruz check the sheet I changed mental and dropped 2 points. Rewrote 'Papa's Hand' and added the 'Guide group as you suggested. I hope to have a rough draft of the 'Night gallery Gentlemens Club' Tomorrow. There may be a Loa temple on the second floor. Selena lives on the 3rd and has extra rooms.

Phaia

Name: Selena Marie Jeansonne
Calling: To unravel mysteries
Nature: Pedagogue
Sexual orientation: Heterosexual, with bisexual leanings
Pantheon: 'The Loa'
God: Baron Samedi
Nationality: USA- Cajun
Occupation: Private Detective/ Owner of the 'Night Gallery' Gentlemen's Club/ Jazz singer--- former New Orleans Vice Detective
Date of birth: March 21, 1989

Motivation: To unravel the mysteries she finds and learn as much as she can. Knowledge is power after all.
Deific goal: Goddess of Mysteries and Knowledge, Patron of the arts.

Height: 5'7'
Weight: 125 lbs
Hair colour: Black as the raven's wing
Eye colour: Hazel
Distinguishing features: Tattoo of left calf [see birthright], Tattoo on right shoulder of 3 music notes. Pierced ears and belly button.
Appearance: Pale skin; slim build with long legs and full breasts; Sensual walk with smart sharp eyes that seem to see everything.
Face claim: Jenya D
NSFW
NSFW
NSFW

Personality: Selena can be a contrast, there are times she is the wild child. Singing, drinking and having sex [sometimes at the same time], yet other times she is serious and intensely focused. She has a hard time trusting in people save for her half brother, mother and Papa Samedi and the Loa. Once she does trust someone she would go to the depths of the underworld to save that person. Smart, without the normal smart mouth, she laughs easily and loves to sing. She even has learned when not to talk so long it bores someone. She enjoys life now after almost dying. Knowledge or a mystrey is cat nip to her and will grab her attention.

Family: Mother- Lizbeth Jeansonne [widow] working as houdon priestess and social worker in New Orleans, Stepfather- Henri Jeansonne [NOPD Killed in line of duty 5/17/2007], Half brother- Mark Henri Jeansonne, college student at LSU, senior and being considered for the NFL
Friends and allies: John Smith- Bartender at 'Night Gallery', NOPD officer Betty Nixon, 'The Canal Boys' -a group of youngsters that loosely claim Canal Street as their ground to lift wallets and pull scams.
Rivals and enemies:
Thomas Jeansonne[Uncle age 50]- [Lieutenant] Head of the 5th District Vice Department of the NOPD. He had thought Selena was dead after he OD'ed her on herion. Now that he knows she survived and seems healthy it worries him about how much she knows about his operation. He would prefer not to kill her but instead corrupt her and make her his and his 'boy's personal little 'toy'.
William Jeansonne[Cousin age 29]- In charge of NOPD impound and holdings. He is very worried about what Selena now knows and would put a bullet in her if given half a chance and from the shadows- cowardly.

Background and Visitation:

Selena was a small girl when her mother married Henry Jeansonne. The Jeansonne's were an old family with long ties to the area and Henry was the youngest of two sons both of whom were in the New Orleans Police Department. Selena was considered 'gifted' when she started to school. She found almost everything she did she did well. From Gymnastics to math she was always near the top of her group. By the time she reached 13, Selena was already a handful, skipping school and and running around still she somehow managed to be a honor role student. By the age of fifthteen she had lost her virginity, and by sixthteen she had smoked pot and drank whiskey and had sex with two boys at once. Through those years where she wanted no responsibilities her step father and her mother made sure she knew right from wrong and a sense of harmony and order..
Selena also found a love of music during her teenage years and found she had a very good singing voice. She taught herself the piano and how to dance and even for a time sang in a small garage band.
Selena did begin to figure out things about the world early. She knew her mother had a 'secret' lover that came by once a month. A tall dark man in a fancy suit and top hat. He was strange and had a presence to him that drew her to watch and follow him. Once she followed him only to have him vanish in the middle of a crossroads. It was a mystery she could not resist. Selena hid her intelligence behind a wild behavior but she could focus intently when she wanted and she wanted to know about this 'man'. The more she learned the less believable it became, how could he be a 'god'? She knew her mother quietly followed the voodoo beliefs but gods....and such stretched even her mind.
The death of Henry Jeansonne shocked Selena. He was off duty and walked into a store robbery and died defending the people in the store. Henry had loved her even if she had not been his own child and had done much to keep her out of trouble. He died only a few weeks before her high school graduation. Selena took a scholarship to LSU and in less then 15 months got a degree in criminology. She then took the exams and went on to join the New Orleans Police. Three years on the beat and she was moved to her Uncle Thomas' Vice unit and quickly learned the darker side of the street. Selena also uncovered that her uncle was crooked and seemed to be working for some drug lord, running drugs, gambling and prostitution. She turned over what she found out to IA but it was all covered up and she was forced to resign. Now focused on bringing her uncle to justice she became a Private Detective.
Visitation:
Selena had spent months tracking her uncle and discovered the base of operations for the drug lord. She sneaked in only to be caught by this...thing...a male, 8 foot tall, with red skin that seemed to have a faint flicker of fire around it. She thought he was the drug lord and shot him twice before getting caught. Se was stunned to learn the 'giant' was only a  servant to the real Drug Lord...her own Uncle Thomas Jeansonne. Her uncle had her bound and stripped then over several days shot her up with heroin till she was addicted and then sexually assaulted her and let the giant and others have her. When it was clear she had been reported missing her uncle shot her up with enough heroin to kill her and  dumped her barely alive body along a known water way. Selena barely remembers the fire in her body and being face down in the water only to feel strong arms lift her turn toward the sky. Rain was falling as she heard words spoken. The voice was deep and rich and she had heard it before. The words called her back and awoke a different fire inside her that warred with the drug induced haze. Then she felt the 'poison' leave her as if by magic and she gasped in a breath of air as if for the first time.
Holding her was none other that the man she had seen with her mother and had followed. This close she saw his face was a skull one that was mobile and had a gleem in the eye sockets. Somehow she knew this was right and all those stories she had found hard to beleive were true. His voice was rich and filled with pride, "darhling you fought a giant and lived when not even ready, few do that now let your blood feel and I will show you what you need to know.
  Selena claims the next several days were all a blur but in fact she remembers every detail even from when she was drunk. [those times are bit less clear]. She remembers dancing around a pole that stretched far into the sky...so far she lost track. It was at a crossroads and she danced naked there for her father and two older twin black males as they talked about the titans and the titanspawn and the current troubles and she remembered what they said and what was passed to her father. She remembers The Baron pushing a black pearl on a silver stud into her belly button and nodding as she blinked now able to see in the darkness around her. She remembers having sex with someone claiming to be Baldur and then stumbling to a table wearing a jacket to see her father and a big bearded man who claimed to be Odin over in a dim corner with their heads close together and murmuring as some sort of glowing icor dripped from Odin's clenched fist into a carved bowl. Later she remembers a tattoo being done with whatever was in that bowl and things being clearer.
  Selean woke up in a soft bed to a new life, five days after she should have been dead and found she now owned a Club and the building it was in. There was a new [well new for her]car and followers. Now she knew so much more and yet knew how little she did know and that many many mysteries were to be solved and there was real by the gods evil lurking in the darkness. First she would have to deal with the fire Giant and then her uncle and afterwards she would figure the rest out.

Likes: Spicy Cajun food, Gumbo, Rum, cigars, silk from the OverWorld, normal silk, A nice hot bubble bath, a male with a big hard cock and the knowledge on how to use it. But she truily loves learning new things and solving mysteries. Likes to wear as little as possible when she can but knows society requires clothing
Dislikes: Drugs, foul language for no reason, someone being rude. Giants!! Her Uncle Thomas!!!!!
Hobbies: Playing the piano, singing in a jazz club, reading mystery novels, puzzles the more pieces the better. Riddles!
Fears and phobias: She has a fear of being addicted to drugs. She knows it was only barely a few weeks since she was nearly undone by herion. She has a phobia about alligators and tries not to go near one.
ONs and OFFs: Selena hates to admit this but she liked the big cock of the giant and how helpless she was with it. Being bound may very well be a turn on. Sex with multiple partners to include females. Her offs would be drugs and torture and of course alligators!

Legend: 2
Legend points: 4
Willpower: 7
Experience (spent):
Experience (unspent):
Experience (total):

Virtues:

Harmony 4
Order 3
Piety 1
Vengeance 1

ATTRIBUTES

Strength  2
Dexterity  5•
Stamina  4•

Charisma  2
Manipulation  2
Appearance  3•

Perception  2•
Intelligence  5•
Wits  2

ABILITIES

Academics  3
Animal Ken  0
Art  3
[singing, piano, dance]
Athletics  3
Awareness  3
Brawl  1
*Command  1
Control  1 [car]

Craft  0
Empathy  1
*Fortitude  3
*Integrity  2
Investigation  3
Larceny  0
Marksmanship  3
Medicine  0

Melee  0
*Occult  2
*Politics  1
*Presence  1
Science  1 [Computers]
Stealth  1
Survival  1
Thrown  0

EPIC ATTRIBUTES

Epic Dexterity: 1
  • Perfect Partner-- The character with this Knack is extremely good at modifying her movements—be they gross or subtle— to coordinate perfectly with other people. This Knack comes in handy in the ballroom, the bedroom, even the thick of battle. A character can attach herself to any coordinated assault she sees fit, without the player of the person coordinating the assault having to include the character in the dice roll to do so. If the character with this Knack wants to coordinate her attack with only one other person, neither of them even has to make a roll to do so. As long as they act at the same time and attack the same target, they are coordinated by default.
Epic Stamina: 1
  • Self-Healing--The Character spends a point of Legend to repair a single level of damage. That damage can be bashing or lethal, and the healing takes place in an instant without leaving a scar. (Aggravated damage is beyond the power of this Knack to heal.) Scions who are interested in building their reputation and spreading their legends quickly find this Knack to be one of the more effective tools of doing so, as bruises, lacerations and bullet holes vanish before astonished onlookers’ eyes. 
Epic Perception: 1
  • Predatory Focus--The Scion is a hunter par excellence. With a successful (Perception + Survival) roll, he can track his prey by scent alone or by almost-invisible physical signs. With this Knack, the hunter can follow his prey across any sort of terrain as long as the prey continues to flee and does not take significant pains to mask its scent or minimize the disturbance its passing causes. (The former entails such extremes as swimming a mile upstream in a rushing river or taking refuge inside a functioning hog-rendering plant. The latter includes little short of levitating or flying.) Picking up a lost trail with this Knack requires a new (Perception + Survival) roll. If the prey has Epic Wits or a Stealth Arete (see pp. 149-150), the hunter’s roll is contested against the prey’s (Wits + Stealth).
Epic Appearence: 1
  • Game Face--Just because they’re handsome or beautiful doesn’t mean they can’t be scary as hell when they snarl at their foes or flash a razor-edged, you-know-I’m-going-to-kill-you smile. When the Scion’s player spends a Legend point, the character directs her appearence at a single unlucky victim in her presence. Overwhelmed, the victim runs for his life and hides somewhere until the next sunrise. People affected by this Knack run away with self-preservation in mind, though, so they won’t sprint blindly into traffic or try to swim across a shark tank to safety.
Epic Intelligence: 1
  • Perfect Memory--The character remembers everything about his past from before the game started to the current moment in the story. If ever the player forgets a salient point or key bit of information from previous sessions, he has but to ask the Storyteller and the Storyteller will remind him. It’s a good idea for the character’s player to take copious notes on each session’s events and double-check them with the Storyteller, if only to alleviate some of the stress on the Storyteller.
  • Tactical Planning--Usually, personal combat relies heavily on quick thinking and razor-sharp timing. A Scion with the Tactical Planning Knack, though, thinks three moves ahead of everyone else on the battlefield. With her excellent command of the battle situation and her prepared contingency plans, she’s able to react by using a previously-developed script instead of falling back on reflexes. As long as she isn’t surprised, the Scion can choose to substitute her Intelligence score (including Epic Intelligence) for her Wits when making Join Battle rolls

PURVIEWS

Cheval: •
  • Rada's Eyes - Cost: 1 Legend
    -The Scion can experience another person’s perceptions as if they were her own. These perceptions include input from all five senses, though not the character’s subjective reactions to that input. To use this Boon, the Scion must have a picture of her victim, some genetic token of the victim’s (such as a lock of hair or several drops of blood) or something the victim created (from a printed-out email to an ice sculpture). By meditating on the item and relaxing her own perceptions—as well as spending a point of Legend after a successful (Perception + Empathy) roll on the part of her player—the Scion experiences the victim’s perceptions clearly and distinctly. The victim is unaware of the Scion’s attention, but the Scion remains semi-aware of her own surroundings.
    -The Scion’s player is entitled to a (Perception + Awareness) roll to realize if something obvious is happening around her character, such as if a zombie comes shambling toward her with a sizzling stick of dynamite. If something less obvious happens around the Scion, though—for instance, anything that would require a (Perception + Awareness) roll to notice if she were paying full attention—the Scion doesn’t notice while her perceptions are distracted.
    -A Scion can experience the perceptions of a mortal human being without being noticed as long as she has at least one of the requisite items. The same goes for a fellow Scion who has fewer Legend dots than she does. If that fellow Scion has more dots of Legend, the character cannot experience his perceptions. If that fellow Scion has an equal number of Legend dots, the Voodoo Scion needs a genetic token that belonged to the victim.
    -Also, the victim’s player is entitled to a (Perception + Awareness) roll. If that roll succeeds, his character gets the eerie, vague sensation of being watched. Should that character then spend a point of Willpower, the Voodoo Scion loses her connection and cannot experience remote perceptions for the remainder of the scene.
Darkness:
  • Night Eyes -- Dice Pool: None/ Cost: None
    Darkness no longer inflicts visibility penalties on the character. He can see in pitch-blackness almost as well as he can see in bright sunlight, losing only the ability to perceive colors. (Objects he sees in darkness are black-on-black yet perfectly distinguishable in a way that’s conveniently impossible to describe to someone who doesn’t have this Boon.) The Scion cannot see through physical impediments, however
Death:
  • Death Senses - Dice Pool: None/ Cost: None
    The Scion can see ghosts even when those ghosts don’t choose to manifest. To her, ghosts are livid, physical presences, sensible to feeling as to sight (as well as smell and hearing). She still can’t harm the fragile ectoplasmic shell of a ghost who hasn’t manifested, however. The sense of touch this Boon grants is illusory. If the Scion tries to exert enough pressure to cause damage or restrain the ghost, her hand passes through it.
    The Scion can also look at a dead body and know what killed it, if that cause isn’t already obvious. The answer she gets is somewhat generic (the reading would tell her a person had been poisoned, for instance, but not by what poison), but it’s conclusive despite the presence of falsified or misleading evidence. Generic causes of death include suffocation, drowning, poison, burns, internal trauma, bleeding, hunger, thirst, exposure, illness, heart attack and old age.
Psychopomp:
  • Unerring Orientation--Dice Pool: None/ Cost: 1 Legend
    -In a locale she knows well, such as her hometown or a national park she visits every autumn, the Scion knows how to get from any point within to any other point. In an unfamiliar locale, her sense of direction defaults to a standard compass rose. Should someone give her correct directions in an unfamiliar locale, she retains them thereafter. If she studies a map of an unfamiliar city for five minutes, that information remains imprinted on her mind until she leaves that city for longer than a week.
    -For the cost of one Legend, the Boon can also reveal to a Scion how far away and in what direction the location she considers home lies. Alternatively, if the Scion finds herself in a strange place—if she’s been drugged and kidnapped, for instance—this Boon can tell her how far she is and in what direction she traveled from the last place she wasn’t lost.
Mystery:
  • Mystery -Dice Pool: Intelligence + Mystery
    -To use this Purview, the Scion clears her head and looks at the World around her without analysis or expectation. Based on what she sees, the character makes heretofore-denied intuitive leaps of logic as objects in the World around her spark off subconscious connections. The player then rolls her character’s (Intelligence + Mystery), without adding bonus successes from Epic Intelligence. The player may then ask her Storyteller pointed, specific questions about various events that have occurred in game—one question per success on the roll. The Storyteller need not expound upon his answers (they can be quite terse and to the point, in fact), but he must answer them as honestly and directly as he can.
    -Using this Purview cannot reveal facts about things that will happen in the future, nor can a character use it to gain insight into events that don’t concern either her or the members of her heroic Band. The player can use this effect to gain knowledge only once per story. She can reroll a failed roll until she gets a success, but on a botch she gets no information and she cannot use Mystery again until the next story.

BIRTHRIGHTS

• 'The Black Pearl' ••
    Purviews- Darkness /Death
    A perfectly formed black pearl that legend has comes from part of Black-Beards Lost Treasure. Fitted with a silver clasp that looks like boney fingers it pierces Selena's Belly button. The pearl sets perfectly.
  • 'Wotans' Skull o' Mystery' ••
    Skull Tattoo

Purview- Mystery
    Unique 1 dot power- Once per day, may reroll a failed roll as through using Legend, though does not Fatebind.
    Tattoo on left calf of a one eyed white skull. The single eye seems to be gleaming. The eye seems to blink at times if watched closely. The Tattoo was made from an extract of Odin's icor as part of an exchange of birthright items between the Baron and Odin.
  • 'iGjallar' ••
    Purview- Psychopomp
    Unique 1 dot power- The iGjallar performs all the functions that a regular smart phone can perform, with the added bonus that a Scion never needs to worry about the pesky details like a service contract or reception in the hinderlands. While an iGjallar can access the regular phone network, it does so by sending a signal up through the Overworld and then back down to the world, so it receives reception almost anywhere. Only when the user is in a strange terra incognita unknown to the gifting Gods does it lose signal.
  • 'Selena's Jacket' •• [Bulletproof vest]
    Selena's Jacket

Gain a -1 to an armor's Fatigue.
    Gain a +1/+1 to an armor's bashing and lethal soaks.
    A jacket crafted from her step-father Henri's police vest and made to look like a tuxedo jacket with tails
    [+3L/+3B (3A)-- +0 Mobility-- +0 Fatigue-- Bulletproof-thumps Piecring of Firearms]
  • 'Papa's Helping Hand' ••
    'Papa's Helping Hand'

Brass Knuckles- +1 Acc, +2B, +1 Def, Spd 4
    Unique 1 Dot power- Add (Legend x 5)(10 Yards) to a weapon's Range.
    Unique 1 Dot Power- Control up to range allowing the 'hand' to crawl or climb or work levers. This uses her strength (+any Epic Bonus)
    A special finger-braclet made of silver and looks like bones and worn on her left hand. Selena can animate Papa's Hand. It slides off her hand and the rings become extra bones to lengthen the fingers. The hand has the same basic strength [with any Epic] that Selena has and can scuttle over surfaces, even going so far as digging the finger tips into a surface to climb it. Selena can control it's actions within a range of 30' as long as she can somehow see what it is doing or visualize its actions. [It could slide off her hands and untie her wrists or move to flip a switch or drag back a knife or other small item]. It could also grab something and hold it or even attack as long. Selena uses her action to contgrol the hand and the effect last as long as needed up to the entire scene.
  • 'Erzulie's Shoes'
    Unique 1 dot power- Item may alter its basic shape, length, color, or some other physical attribute.
    Erzulie left Selena a simple pair of brand new black Mary Jane slippers. With a note saying she knew exactly what a young female Scion really needed. The shoes can take the shape of any footwear from thigh high leather boots with all the trimmings to simple flip flops. From very expensive Italian leather high heeled pumps to a set of linked toe rings. These shoes should be the only pair Selena will ever need.
  • 'A soldier's best Friend'
    Unique 1 dot power- Add user's Legend to any (Dexterity+Marksmanship) roll.
    Pistol
  • 'Helpers and a Guide'
    1 dot Guide- Her staff and the manager of her club and a lawyer. They each offer something needed and the manager at least knows what she is.

Attacks:

Clinch; Accuracy: 6(+1), Damage: 3B(+Threshold success], Speed: 6 ; Piercing
Unarmed, Heavy; Accuracy: 5(+1), Dmg 6B(+Threshold success), Parry DV: 2, Speed 5
Unarmed, Light; Accuracy: 7(+1), Dmg 3B(+Threshold Success), Parry DV: 5, Speed 4
'A soldier's best Friend'--.45 Cal Colt 1911; Acc- 10 +2(Legend)[+1 auto success], Dmg 7L(+Threshold Sucess), Range 20, Clip 8, Speed 5, Piercing
Papa's Helping Hand'-- Brass knuckles: Accuracy 7(+1), Dmg 5B(+Threshold success), Parry DV: 5, Speed 4, Range 30

Join Battle: 8 (+1)
Soak: 5B/3L/1A-- With Jacket 8B/6L/4A
Health levels: ( )( )-0/( )( )-0/( )( )-1/( )( )-2/( )( )-2/( )( )-4/( )( )Incapacitated
Dodge DV: 6 ; Parry DV: 4 [brawl]
Movement: 6 yards ; Dash: 13 yards ; Climb/Swim Speed: 3 yards/3 yards
Vertical Jump: 5 yards; Horizontal Jump: 10 yards
Weight capacity: 450 lbs.

Bonus points spent
Knacks= 3
Abilities= 4 [1 BP- Empathy/Occult/Politics/Present]
Birthrights= 8

Muse

Quote from: ererruz on February 13, 2016, 03:30:08 AM
So the way I kind of wanted it was to have each player play a different pantheon Scion. Just pointing that out in case somebody missed it.

Wait a second...  Crap!  Where did you say that? 

Bad enough only half of us are going to get to play, I've been putting myself in double jeopardy this whole time?  Against Locke?!? 

D***!  How long do I have to come up with a Scion of the Deaves? 

*Sweat drop* 

Sorry, didn't mean to be rude.  That just sunk in.  *Sweat drop*
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Phaia

Quote from: Muse on February 14, 2016, 10:10:13 PM

Bad enough only half of us are going to get to play, I've been putting myself in double jeopardy this whole time?  Against Locke?!? 

*Sweat drop* 

I know the Deva fairly well Muse, If ya need some help let me know...or come up with another Loa there is never enough of them.

Phaia

Orange Marmalade

Figured I'd post here as well - currently working on a Scion of Tezcatlipoca, a sort of melee bruiser type.

ererruz

A note about Indestructibility of Relics: I'm no jerk (usually XD ), so you don't need to worry about breaking or destroying your Relics. It'd require some serious effort/a scheme of sorts/ritual etc. to destroy a Relic. Spending a dot on indestructibility does make it absolutely indestructible though. (With the exception of Avatars and Ultimate Abilities. Nothing is immune to that.)

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Muse on February 14, 2016, 10:10:13 PM

*Sweat drop* 

If you've got an Aesir in mind, go for it.  Seriously.

ererruz

Quote from: Phaia on February 14, 2016, 09:05:44 PM
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

New and improved Selena...well maybe just fixed. Please check NSFW image two and the others to be sure the links are working.
ererruz check the sheet I changed mental and dropped 2 points. Rewrote 'Papa's Hand' and added the 'Guide group as you suggested. I hope to have a rough draft of the 'Night gallery Gentlemens Club' Tomorrow. There may be a Loa temple on the second floor. Selena lives on the 3rd and has extra rooms.

Phaia

Name: Selena Marie Jeansonne
Calling: To unravel mysteries
Nature: Pedagogue
Sexual orientation: Heterosexual, with bisexual leanings
Pantheon: 'The Loa'
God: Baron Samedi
Nationality: USA- Cajun
Occupation: Private Detective/ Owner of the 'Night Gallery' Gentlemen's Club/ Jazz singer--- former New Orleans Vice Detective
Date of birth: March 21, 1989

Motivation: To unravel the mysteries she finds and learn as much as she can. Knowledge is power after all.
Deific goal: Goddess of Mysteries and Knowledge, Patron of the arts.

Height: 5'7'
Weight: 125 lbs
Hair colour: Black as the raven's wing
Eye colour: Hazel
Distinguishing features: Tattoo of left calf [see birthright], Tattoo on right shoulder of 3 music notes. Pierced ears and belly button.
Appearance: Pale skin; slim build with long legs and full breasts; Sensual walk with smart sharp eyes that seem to see everything.
Face claim: Jenya D
NSFW
NSFW
NSFW

Personality: Selena can be a contrast, there are times she is the wild child. Singing, drinking and having sex [sometimes at the same time], yet other times she is serious and intensely focused. She has a hard time trusting in people save for her half brother, mother and Papa Samedi and the Loa. Once she does trust someone she would go to the depths of the underworld to save that person. Smart, without the normal smart mouth, she laughs easily and loves to sing. She even has learned when not to talk so long it bores someone. She enjoys life now after almost dying. Knowledge or a mystrey is cat nip to her and will grab her attention.

Family: Mother- Lizbeth Jeansonne [widow] working as houdon priestess and social worker in New Orleans, Stepfather- Henri Jeansonne [NOPD Killed in line of duty 5/17/2007], Half brother- Mark Henri Jeansonne, college student at LSU, senior and being considered for the NFL
Friends and allies: John Smith- Bartender at 'Night Gallery', NOPD officer Betty Nixon, 'The Canal Boys' -a group of youngsters that loosely claim Canal Street as their ground to lift wallets and pull scams.
Rivals and enemies:
Thomas Jeansonne[Uncle age 50]- [Lieutenant] Head of the 5th District Vice Department of the NOPD. He had thought Selena was dead after he OD'ed her on herion. Now that he knows she survived and seems healthy it worries him about how much she knows about his operation. He would prefer not to kill her but instead corrupt her and make her his and his 'boy's personal little 'toy'.
William Jeansonne[Cousin age 29]- In charge of NOPD impound and holdings. He is very worried about what Selena now knows and would put a bullet in her if given half a chance and from the shadows- cowardly.

Background and Visitation:

Selena was a small girl when her mother married Henry Jeansonne. The Jeansonne's were an old family with long ties to the area and Henry was the youngest of two sons both of whom were in the New Orleans Police Department. Selena was considered 'gifted' when she started to school. She found almost everything she did she did well. From Gymnastics to math she was always near the top of her group. By the time she reached 13, Selena was already a handful, skipping school and and running around still she somehow managed to be a honor role student. By the age of fifthteen she had lost her virginity, and by sixthteen she had smoked pot and drank whiskey and had sex with two boys at once. Through those years where she wanted no responsibilities her step father and her mother made sure she knew right from wrong and a sense of harmony and order..
Selena also found a love of music during her teenage years and found she had a very good singing voice. She taught herself the piano and how to dance and even for a time sang in a small garage band.
Selena did begin to figure out things about the world early. She knew her mother had a 'secret' lover that came by once a month. A tall dark man in a fancy suit and top hat. He was strange and had a presence to him that drew her to watch and follow him. Once she followed him only to have him vanish in the middle of a crossroads. It was a mystery she could not resist. Selena hid her intelligence behind a wild behavior but she could focus intently when she wanted and she wanted to know about this 'man'. The more she learned the less believable it became, how could he be a 'god'? She knew her mother quietly followed the voodoo beliefs but gods....and such stretched even her mind.
The death of Henry Jeansonne shocked Selena. He was off duty and walked into a store robbery and died defending the people in the store. Henry had loved her even if she had not been his own child and had done much to keep her out of trouble. He died only a few weeks before her high school graduation. Selena took a scholarship to LSU and in less then 15 months got a degree in criminology. She then took the exams and went on to join the New Orleans Police. Three years on the beat and she was moved to her Uncle Thomas' Vice unit and quickly learned the darker side of the street. Selena also uncovered that her uncle was crooked and seemed to be working for some drug lord, running drugs, gambling and prostitution. She turned over what she found out to IA but it was all covered up and she was forced to resign. Now focused on bringing her uncle to justice she became a Private Detective.
Visitation:
Selena had spent months tracking her uncle and discovered the base of operations for the drug lord. She sneaked in only to be caught by this...thing...a male, 8 foot tall, with red skin that seemed to have a faint flicker of fire around it. She thought he was the drug lord and shot him twice before getting caught. Se was stunned to learn the 'giant' was only a  servant to the real Drug Lord...her own Uncle Thomas Jeansonne. Her uncle had her bound and stripped then over several days shot her up with heroin till she was addicted and then sexually assaulted her and let the giant and others have her. When it was clear she had been reported missing her uncle shot her up with enough heroin to kill her and  dumped her barely alive body along a known water way. Selena barely remembers the fire in her body and being face down in the water only to feel strong arms lift her turn toward the sky. Rain was falling as she heard words spoken. The voice was deep and rich and she had heard it before. The words called her back and awoke a different fire inside her that warred with the drug induced haze. Then she felt the 'poison' leave her as if by magic and she gasped in a breath of air as if for the first time.
Holding her was none other that the man she had seen with her mother and had followed. This close she saw his face was a skull one that was mobile and had a gleem in the eye sockets. Somehow she knew this was right and all those stories she had found hard to beleive were true. His voice was rich and filled with pride, "darhling you fought a giant and lived when not even ready, few do that now let your blood feel and I will show you what you need to know.
  Selena claims the next several days were all a blur but in fact she remembers every detail even from when she was drunk. [those times are bit less clear]. She remembers dancing around a pole that stretched far into the sky...so far she lost track. It was at a crossroads and she danced naked there for her father and two older twin black males as they talked about the titans and the titanspawn and the current troubles and she remembered what they said and what was passed to her father. She remembers The Baron pushing a black pearl on a silver stud into her belly button and nodding as she blinked now able to see in the darkness around her. She remembers having sex with someone claiming to be Baldur and then stumbling to a table wearing a jacket to see her father and a big bearded man who claimed to be Odin over in a dim corner with their heads close together and murmuring as some sort of glowing icor dripped from Odin's clenched fist into a carved bowl. Later she remembers a tattoo being done with whatever was in that bowl and things being clearer.
  Selean woke up in a soft bed to a new life, five days after she should have been dead and found she now owned a Club and the building it was in. There was a new [well new for her]car and followers. Now she knew so much more and yet knew how little she did know and that many many mysteries were to be solved and there was real by the gods evil lurking in the darkness. First she would have to deal with the fire Giant and then her uncle and afterwards she would figure the rest out.

Likes: Spicy Cajun food, Gumbo, Rum, cigars, silk from the OverWorld, normal silk, A nice hot bubble bath, a male with a big hard cock and the knowledge on how to use it. But she truily loves learning new things and solving mysteries. Likes to wear as little as possible when she can but knows society requires clothing
Dislikes: Drugs, foul language for no reason, someone being rude. Giants!! Her Uncle Thomas!!!!!
Hobbies: Playing the piano, singing in a jazz club, reading mystery novels, puzzles the more pieces the better. Riddles!
Fears and phobias: She has a fear of being addicted to drugs. She knows it was only barely a few weeks since she was nearly undone by herion. She has a phobia about alligators and tries not to go near one.
ONs and OFFs: Selena hates to admit this but she liked the big cock of the giant and how helpless she was with it. Being bound may very well be a turn on. Sex with multiple partners to include females. Her offs would be drugs and torture and of course alligators!

Legend: 2
Legend points: 4
Willpower: 7
Experience (spent):
Experience (unspent):
Experience (total):

Virtues:

Harmony 4
Order 3
Piety 1
Vengeance 1

ATTRIBUTES

Strength  2
Dexterity  5•
Stamina  4•

Charisma  2
Manipulation  2
Appearance  3•

Perception  2•
Intelligence  5•
Wits  2

ABILITIES

Academics  3
Animal Ken  0
Art  3
[singing, piano, dance]
Athletics  3
Awareness  3
Brawl  1
*Command  1
Control  1 [car]

Craft  0
Empathy  1
*Fortitude  3
*Integrity  2
Investigation  3
Larceny  0
Marksmanship  3
Medicine  0

Melee  0
*Occult  2
*Politics  1
*Presence  1
Science  1 [Computers]
Stealth  1
Survival  1
Thrown  0

EPIC ATTRIBUTES

Epic Dexterity: 1
  • Perfect Partner-- The character with this Knack is extremely good at modifying her movements—be they gross or subtle— to coordinate perfectly with other people. This Knack comes in handy in the ballroom, the bedroom, even the thick of battle. A character can attach herself to any coordinated assault she sees fit, without the player of the person coordinating the assault having to include the character in the dice roll to do so. If the character with this Knack wants to coordinate her attack with only one other person, neither of them even has to make a roll to do so. As long as they act at the same time and attack the same target, they are coordinated by default.
Epic Stamina: 1
  • Self-Healing--The Character spends a point of Legend to repair a single level of damage. That damage can be bashing or lethal, and the healing takes place in an instant without leaving a scar. (Aggravated damage is beyond the power of this Knack to heal.) Scions who are interested in building their reputation and spreading their legends quickly find this Knack to be one of the more effective tools of doing so, as bruises, lacerations and bullet holes vanish before astonished onlookers’ eyes. 
Epic Perception: 1
  • Predatory Focus--The Scion is a hunter par excellence. With a successful (Perception + Survival) roll, he can track his prey by scent alone or by almost-invisible physical signs. With this Knack, the hunter can follow his prey across any sort of terrain as long as the prey continues to flee and does not take significant pains to mask its scent or minimize the disturbance its passing causes. (The former entails such extremes as swimming a mile upstream in a rushing river or taking refuge inside a functioning hog-rendering plant. The latter includes little short of levitating or flying.) Picking up a lost trail with this Knack requires a new (Perception + Survival) roll. If the prey has Epic Wits or a Stealth Arete (see pp. 149-150), the hunter’s roll is contested against the prey’s (Wits + Stealth).
Epic Appearence: 1
  • Game Face--Just because they’re handsome or beautiful doesn’t mean they can’t be scary as hell when they snarl at their foes or flash a razor-edged, you-know-I’m-going-to-kill-you smile. When the Scion’s player spends a Legend point, the character directs her appearence at a single unlucky victim in her presence. Overwhelmed, the victim runs for his life and hides somewhere until the next sunrise. People affected by this Knack run away with self-preservation in mind, though, so they won’t sprint blindly into traffic or try to swim across a shark tank to safety.
Epic Intelligence: 1
  • Perfect Memory--The character remembers everything about his past from before the game started to the current moment in the story. If ever the player forgets a salient point or key bit of information from previous sessions, he has but to ask the Storyteller and the Storyteller will remind him. It’s a good idea for the character’s player to take copious notes on each session’s events and double-check them with the Storyteller, if only to alleviate some of the stress on the Storyteller.
  • Tactical Planning--Usually, personal combat relies heavily on quick thinking and razor-sharp timing. A Scion with the Tactical Planning Knack, though, thinks three moves ahead of everyone else on the battlefield. With her excellent command of the battle situation and her prepared contingency plans, she’s able to react by using a previously-developed script instead of falling back on reflexes. As long as she isn’t surprised, the Scion can choose to substitute her Intelligence score (including Epic Intelligence) for her Wits when making Join Battle rolls

PURVIEWS

Cheval: •
  • Rada's Eyes - Cost: 1 Legend
    -The Scion can experience another person’s perceptions as if they were her own. These perceptions include input from all five senses, though not the character’s subjective reactions to that input. To use this Boon, the Scion must have a picture of her victim, some genetic token of the victim’s (such as a lock of hair or several drops of blood) or something the victim created (from a printed-out email to an ice sculpture). By meditating on the item and relaxing her own perceptions—as well as spending a point of Legend after a successful (Perception + Empathy) roll on the part of her player—the Scion experiences the victim’s perceptions clearly and distinctly. The victim is unaware of the Scion’s attention, but the Scion remains semi-aware of her own surroundings.
    -The Scion’s player is entitled to a (Perception + Awareness) roll to realize if something obvious is happening around her character, such as if a zombie comes shambling toward her with a sizzling stick of dynamite. If something less obvious happens around the Scion, though—for instance, anything that would require a (Perception + Awareness) roll to notice if she were paying full attention—the Scion doesn’t notice while her perceptions are distracted.
    -A Scion can experience the perceptions of a mortal human being without being noticed as long as she has at least one of the requisite items. The same goes for a fellow Scion who has fewer Legend dots than she does. If that fellow Scion has more dots of Legend, the character cannot experience his perceptions. If that fellow Scion has an equal number of Legend dots, the Voodoo Scion needs a genetic token that belonged to the victim.
    -Also, the victim’s player is entitled to a (Perception + Awareness) roll. If that roll succeeds, his character gets the eerie, vague sensation of being watched. Should that character then spend a point of Willpower, the Voodoo Scion loses her connection and cannot experience remote perceptions for the remainder of the scene.
Darkness:
  • Night Eyes -- Dice Pool: None/ Cost: None
    Darkness no longer inflicts visibility penalties on the character. He can see in pitch-blackness almost as well as he can see in bright sunlight, losing only the ability to perceive colors. (Objects he sees in darkness are black-on-black yet perfectly distinguishable in a way that’s conveniently impossible to describe to someone who doesn’t have this Boon.) The Scion cannot see through physical impediments, however
Death:
  • Death Senses - Dice Pool: None/ Cost: None
    The Scion can see ghosts even when those ghosts don’t choose to manifest. To her, ghosts are livid, physical presences, sensible to feeling as to sight (as well as smell and hearing). She still can’t harm the fragile ectoplasmic shell of a ghost who hasn’t manifested, however. The sense of touch this Boon grants is illusory. If the Scion tries to exert enough pressure to cause damage or restrain the ghost, her hand passes through it.
    The Scion can also look at a dead body and know what killed it, if that cause isn’t already obvious. The answer she gets is somewhat generic (the reading would tell her a person had been poisoned, for instance, but not by what poison), but it’s conclusive despite the presence of falsified or misleading evidence. Generic causes of death include suffocation, drowning, poison, burns, internal trauma, bleeding, hunger, thirst, exposure, illness, heart attack and old age.
Psychopomp:
  • Unerring Orientation--Dice Pool: None/ Cost: 1 Legend
    -In a locale she knows well, such as her hometown or a national park she visits every autumn, the Scion knows how to get from any point within to any other point. In an unfamiliar locale, her sense of direction defaults to a standard compass rose. Should someone give her correct directions in an unfamiliar locale, she retains them thereafter. If she studies a map of an unfamiliar city for five minutes, that information remains imprinted on her mind until she leaves that city for longer than a week.
    -For the cost of one Legend, the Boon can also reveal to a Scion how far away and in what direction the location she considers home lies. Alternatively, if the Scion finds herself in a strange place—if she’s been drugged and kidnapped, for instance—this Boon can tell her how far she is and in what direction she traveled from the last place she wasn’t lost.
Mystery:
  • Mystery -Dice Pool: Intelligence + Mystery
    -To use this Purview, the Scion clears her head and looks at the World around her without analysis or expectation. Based on what she sees, the character makes heretofore-denied intuitive leaps of logic as objects in the World around her spark off subconscious connections. The player then rolls her character’s (Intelligence + Mystery), without adding bonus successes from Epic Intelligence. The player may then ask her Storyteller pointed, specific questions about various events that have occurred in game—one question per success on the roll. The Storyteller need not expound upon his answers (they can be quite terse and to the point, in fact), but he must answer them as honestly and directly as he can.
    -Using this Purview cannot reveal facts about things that will happen in the future, nor can a character use it to gain insight into events that don’t concern either her or the members of her heroic Band. The player can use this effect to gain knowledge only once per story. She can reroll a failed roll until she gets a success, but on a botch she gets no information and she cannot use Mystery again until the next story.

BIRTHRIGHTS

• 'The Black Pearl' ••
    Purviews- Darkness /Death
    A perfectly formed black pearl that legend has comes from part of Black-Beards Lost Treasure. Fitted with a silver clasp that looks like boney fingers it pierces Selena's Belly button. The pearl sets perfectly.
  • 'Wotans' Skull o' Mystery' ••
    Skull Tattoo

Purview- Mystery
    Unique 1 dot power- Once per day, may reroll a failed roll as through using Legend, though does not Fatebind.
    Tattoo on left calf of a one eyed white skull. The single eye seems to be gleaming. The eye seems to blink at times if watched closely. The Tattoo was made from an extract of Odin's icor as part of an exchange of birthright items between the Baron and Odin.
  • 'iGjallar' ••
    Purview- Psychopomp
    Unique 1 dot power- The iGjallar performs all the functions that a regular smart phone can perform, with the added bonus that a Scion never needs to worry about the pesky details like a service contract or reception in the hinderlands. While an iGjallar can access the regular phone network, it does so by sending a signal up through the Overworld and then back down to the world, so it receives reception almost anywhere. Only when the user is in a strange terra incognita unknown to the gifting Gods does it lose signal.
  • 'Selena's Jacket' •• [Bulletproof vest]
    Selena's Jacket

Gain a -1 to an armor's Fatigue.
    Gain a +1/+1 to an armor's bashing and lethal soaks.
    A jacket crafted from her step-father Henri's police vest and made to look like a tuxedo jacket with tails
    [+3L/+3B (3A)-- +0 Mobility-- +0 Fatigue-- Bulletproof-thumps Piecring of Firearms]
  • 'Papa's Helping Hand' ••
    'Papa's Helping Hand'

Brass Knuckles- +1 Acc, +2B, +1 Def, Spd 4
    Unique 1 Dot power- Add (Legend x 5)(10 Yards) to a weapon's Range.
    Unique 1 Dot Power- Control up to range allowing the 'hand' to crawl or climb or work levers. This uses her strength (+any Epic Bonus)
    A special finger-braclet made of silver and looks like bones and worn on her left hand. Selena can animate Papa's Hand. It slides off her hand and the rings become extra bones to lengthen the fingers. The hand has the same basic strength [with any Epic] that Selena has and can scuttle over surfaces, even going so far as digging the finger tips into a surface to climb it. Selena can control it's actions within a range of 30' as long as she can somehow see what it is doing or visualize its actions. [It could slide off her hands and untie her wrists or move to flip a switch or drag back a knife or other small item]. It could also grab something and hold it or even attack as long. Selena uses her action to contgrol the hand and the effect last as long as needed up to the entire scene.
  • 'Erzulie's Shoes'
    Unique 1 dot power- Item may alter its basic shape, length, color, or some other physical attribute.
    Erzulie left Selena a simple pair of brand new black Mary Jane slippers. With a note saying she knew exactly what a young female Scion really needed. The shoes can take the shape of any footwear from thigh high leather boots with all the trimmings to simple flip flops. From very expensive Italian leather high heeled pumps to a set of linked toe rings. These shoes should be the only pair Selena will ever need.
  • 'A soldier's best Friend'
    Unique 1 dot power- Add user's Legend to any (Dexterity+Marksmanship) roll.
    Pistol
  • 'Helpers and a Guide'
    1 dot Guide- Her staff and the manager of her club and a lawyer. They each offer something needed and the manager at least knows what she is.

Attacks:

Clinch; Accuracy: 6(+1), Damage: 3B(+Threshold success], Speed: 6 ; Piercing
Unarmed, Heavy; Accuracy: 5(+1), Dmg 6B(+Threshold success), Parry DV: 2, Speed 5
Unarmed, Light; Accuracy: 7(+1), Dmg 3B9(+Threshold Success), Parry DV: 5, Speed 4
.45 Cal Colt 1911; Acc- 10 +2(Legend)[+1 auto success], Dmg 7L(+Threshold Sucess), Range 20, Clip 8, Speed 5, Piercing

Join Battle: 8 (+1)
Soak: 5B/3L/1A-- With Jacket 8B/6L/4A
Health levels: ( )( )-0/( )( )-0/( )( )-1/( )( )-2/( )( )-2/( )( )-4/( )( )Incapacitated
Dodge DV: 6 ; Parry DV: 4 [brawl]
Movement: 6 yards ; Dash: 13 yards ; Climb/Swim Speed: 3 yards/3 yards
Vertical Jump: 5 yards; Horizontal Jump: 10 yards
Weight capacity: 450 lbs.

Bonus points spent
Knacks= 3
Abilities= 4 [1 BP- Empathy/Occult/Politics/Present]
Birthrights= 8

Seems like everything's in order :)

ReijiTabibito

Quick question, though I kind-of only skimmed over this particular thread (though I did enough to see what you did there with Juan, Hairy).

One of your house rules says that characters get Health Track boxes = to their successes.  Does that include the benefit for negating wound penalties, or is that a different way of handling it?  I will point out that at the Demigod and God levels, Epic Stamina does just that: example is that Epic Stamina 5 provides 11 successes on Stamina rolls, and also provides 11 additional health levels.

Also, currently looking over the arrangement of Pantheons at this point...got a couple of ideas, though I think based on my pantheon choices, if you prefer more diversity over less, there's one you'd prefer.

ererruz

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on February 15, 2016, 07:04:21 AM
Quick question, though I kind-of only skimmed over this particular thread (though I did enough to see what you did there with Juan, Hairy).

One of your house rules says that characters get Health Track boxes = to their successes.  Does that include the benefit for negating wound penalties, or is that a different way of handling it?  I will point out that at the Demigod and God levels, Epic Stamina does just that: example is that Epic Stamina 5 provides 11 successes on Stamina rolls, and also provides 11 additional health levels.

Also, currently looking over the arrangement of Pantheons at this point...got a couple of ideas, though I think based on my pantheon choices, if you prefer more diversity over less, there's one you'd prefer.

Oh, yes, thanks for pointing that out. It's exactly as in Demigod or God, except you get these health levels at earlier Legend as well, not just once you're Legend 5. With Epic Stamina 1 giving 1 additional health box, Epic Stamina 2 - 2, Epic Stamina 3 - 4, and the rest continues as it did in Demigod and God.

What pantheons are you looking at?

ReijiTabibito

Sweet.

The three I'm currently taking under consideration are, in alphabetical order:

Amatsukami (I'm very specifically looking at Raiden here)
Celestial Bureaucracy
Devas

I'm also tangentially considering the Atzlanti, but similar to the Amatsukami, that would be one god in particular - Quetzalcoatl.

Marie Reynolds

Ererruz may i pm you with some questions about my character?

ererruz

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on February 15, 2016, 07:44:26 AM
Ererruz may i pm you with some questions about my character?

Of course, go ahead :-)

ererruz

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on February 15, 2016, 07:31:22 AM
Sweet.

The three I'm currently taking under consideration are, in alphabetical order:

Amatsukami (I'm very specifically looking at Raiden here)
Celestial Bureaucracy
Devas

I'm also tangentially considering the Atzlanti, but similar to the Amatsukami, that would be one god in particular - Quetzalcoatl.

I think the current applications are: 1 Amatsukami (Amaterasu), 1 Dodakatheon (Dionysus), 1 Atzlanti (Tezcatlipoca), 1 Loa (Baron Samedi), 1 Pesedjet (Bastet), 2 Tuatha (Manannan and Morrigan), 1 Aesir (Loki), 1 Deva (?)... not sure if Von Doom is still interested, but if he is, then 1 Celestial Bureaucracy (Sun Wukong). (Just realised, that's a lot of people...)

indarkestknight

Aaaaaaarrrgghhhh I've been telling myself I probably shouldn't pick up something new, but... I am easily tempted.

I guess my main question before I let myself be tempted further is whether we're going to hew closer to the books or the actual mythology, since there's quite a bit of stuff in the books that's inaccurate, and being a long-time fan of JSR spoiled me rotten for mythological accuracy when it comes to Scion. (Things like the Atzlanti's proper title being the Teotl, and so forth, Mikaboshi being associated with Stars more than Darkness, having an Illusion Titanrealm playing the Yazata and the Deva against one another rather than Time and Drought...)

I mean, obviously, if the GM and the playerbase are more interested in the setting as-written, accurate or inaccurate, I'll bow out rather than push, but if that's something that would interest anyway I do have resources I could share...

ererruz

Quote from: indarkestknight on February 15, 2016, 08:12:36 AM
Aaaaaaarrrgghhhh I've been telling myself I probably shouldn't pick up something new, but... I am easily tempted.

I guess my main question before I let myself be tempted further is whether we're going to hew closer to the books or the actual mythology, since there's quite a bit of stuff in the books that's inaccurate, and being a long-time fan of JSR spoiled me rotten for mythological accuracy when it comes to Scion. (Things like the Atzlanti's proper title being the Teotl, and so forth, Mikaboshi being associated with Stars more than Darkness, having an Illusion Titanrealm playing the Yazata and the Deva against one another rather than Time and Drought...)

I mean, obviously, if the GM and the playerbase are more interested in the setting as-written, accurate or inaccurate, I'll bow out rather than push, but if that's something that would interest anyway I do have resources I could share...

I am also a great fan of actual mythology so I'm definitely changing a lot of stuff written in the Scion books as far as mythology, gods and Titans are concerned. I'm not making everything actual mythology accurate, but I am leaning more on that side than going with Scion universe as it's written. I am, however, not an expert on all these mythologies so sometimes I'll just go ahead with what's been written simply because I don't have time or need to change anything. For example, I know the Aztec gods are referred to as Teotl and I'll use that in-character but I see no reason to enforce that in any way, be it at character creation, or from players. Mikaboshi, whom I do plan to use somehow in the campaign, is definitely a Star Titan -- I mean, he was a deity of the Pole Star, for all gods' sake! I can't, however, promise mythological accuracy and authenticity in all aspects.

What resources do you refer to?

Phaia

Quote from: ererruz on February 15, 2016, 06:07:04 AM
Seems like everything's in order :)

YEA!!!!! all done...am I firstys done??!!  ;D ;D ;D

Phaia

Marie Reynolds

Alright thanks and the message has be shot of into the interwebs.

indarkestknight

Very glad to hear that!

Mostly the JSR compendium – which you already have access to, since you reference it in the rules – and its alternate Titanrealms and such (it might be important, for instance, for the player of a Pesedjet/Netjer Scion to be aware that instead of the Light Titanrealm, the Pesedjet/Netjer are at war with the Darkness Titanrealm, or for the player of an Aztec Scion to know that the Teotl/Aztlanti are going to side-eye hard at anyone with the Stars purview due to being at war with the Star Titanrealm rather than the Air/Wind Titanrealm, or for a Deva player to know that their pantheon consider the Yazata Titan loyalists and vice versa due to Illusion Titanrealm shenanigans (and that Vayu is somehow both Yazata and Deva)) and the JSR blog, which is still available. Mildly surprised you went with the Rus over the JSR Bogovi, to be honest.

Anyway, I do have an idea I'm kicking around I'll PM you about before openly committing to a pantheon here in the thread.

Cataclysmic Archangel

I'm.... going to sit over here and pretend I have any idea what anyone's talking about.

Phaia

Quote from: Arcannyx on February 15, 2016, 08:44:59 AM
I'm.... going to sit over here and pretend I have any idea what anyone's talking about.

I will join you and bring popcorn!! **offers to share pop corn**
Please keep going ererru and indarkestknight, I for one am learning all sorts of cool things and have no idea who JSR is but am wanting to know.
**finds a cold Mountain Dew to go with the popcorn**

Phaia

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Phaia on February 15, 2016, 08:56:28 AM
I will join you and bring popcorn!! **offers to share pop corn**
Please keep going ererru and indarkestknight, I for one am learning all sorts of cool things and have no idea who JSR is but am wanting to know.
**finds a cold Mountain Dew to go with the popcorn**

Phaia

I actually can't eat popcorn.  It's a braces thing.

I can process the system easily enough, but since I've never actually managed a game, most of the fluff and heavy duty background stuff is way over my head.

indarkestknight

JSR is short for John's Scion Resources, though really it's more John & Anne's. Longtime Scion fans, they're a married couple who crafted an elaborate set of houserules to more accurately reflect mythology, and homebrewed more than half a dozen pantheons, including the Mesopotamian gods, the Slavic gods, the Inca, the Maya, the Inuit, the Polynesian, and more. They had a daily blog answering questions both about mythology and their houserules, with Anne as the mythology buff and John as the one responsible for mechanics. Many of the houserules (and some of the purviews) ererruz is using I recognize from their houserules, though I don't know if they originated all of them.

Over a year ago, however, they came to the decision to close down their Scion site (though they left the blog itself up for browsing) in order to pursue creating their own tabletop game, Hero's Journey, which is nearing completion. Much like Scion, players take on the role of heroes chosen as the champions of the gods, but in a setting where polytheistic religion is still dominant rather than monotheistic religion. Rather than having ratings in Attributes and Abilities like Strength or Intelligence or Manipulation, you have dots in mythic hero archetypes like Trickster, Warrior, Sage, Hunter, Lover, and so on.