Looking for a Fantasy World.

Started by Mjöllnir, July 08, 2008, 01:47:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mjöllnir

I've created a fantasy planet for a game, and I'd like to create other games in this world.

I'm interested in one-on-one roleplays.  The planet is called Vremth and has eight *known* countries.  (More islands could possibly be discovered.)  In posts below I will describe what I have developed in the terms of history, culture, geography, religion, etc. of each country.  If you're interested in playing a game with me in this world, I'd be more than happy to accept input into the world.

I'm also interested in games not set in this world, I just thought I'd like to populate it with games.

Mjöllnir

Human Lands
Kibecca and Ghebesh

Kibeccan Gods
Uiirnaon - God of Gods, Creator God, God of Earth, Uiir City

Kimara - God of Death and the Overworld, Mount Kimirara
Sithar - God of Tricksters, Lake Sitharnan
Miyagali - God of Destruction and War, Miyaga City
Shaiissm - God of Wisdom and Speech, Shaiissa City
Vreduuy - God of the Flowing Waters and Travelers, Duuye River
Eethrmn - God of Arts and Traders, Eethra City

Fkuusa - Goddess of Healing and Fertility, Fkuuan Forest
Lyphriia - Goddess of Love and Written Arts, Lyphan City
Ghib - Goddess of Wealth and Luck, Lake Ghiban
Jhusa - Goddess of Agriculture and Woods, Jhusa City
Pruusmina - Goddess of the Hunt and the Mountains, Mount Pruus
Dthusia - Goddess of Time and Prophecy, Dthusian River

Ghebeshan Gods

Uiirna - God of Gods, Creator Goddess, Goddess of Sky, Irnath City

Diapatha - Goddess of Death and the Underworld, Lake Diasla
Asci/Merla/Vioge- Goddess of Fate and Time, Mountains Asci, Merla, and Vioge
Cwendil - Goddess of the Seas, Port Town Cwenton
Lolika - Goddess of Trickery and Chaos, Lolisana Wood
Eidiam - Goddess of Fortunes, Eidiama City
Felratha - Goddess of Wisdom, Felrathan River

Boruuk - God of War and Treachery, Borusan City
Hvsein - God of Nature and the Hunt, Hvsein Forest
Zlun - God of Healing and Protection, Zlunthan River
Thunryk - God of Fertility and Crops, Mount Thunra
Imensal - God of Love and the Arts, Ensalim City
Vodrasan - God of Communications and Travel, Vodra City

General Culture
The cultures of Kibecca and Ghebesh are very similiar politically and religiously- they recognize each other's pantheons of gods, and many of the stories surrounding the gods include their relationships with "the other side."  Most do not offer worship to the foreign gods (though some travelers and those that live on the borders worship in the other temples.)

Ythrill
Ythrill is a strictly athiest society, politically speaking.  The villages bordering Kibecca and Ghebesh have taken to worshipping spirits and the foreign gods, and the few villages on the eastern edge worship the one god of Sahmedan.  However, in central Ythrill the god is the state. 

Mjöllnir

Shared Lands

Samedan

Religion

Government

General Culture

Epherbuq

Religion

Government

General Culture

Mjöllnir

Non-Human Lands

Ahmedesia

Religion

Government

General Culture

Zyphedria

Religion

Government

General Culture

Rabbikkis

Religion

Government

General Culture

Mjöllnir

Some Plots I'm interested in:

One
So you have Smuggler A and Smuggler B.  They run a massive smuggling ring, for lots of different products, including slave labor.  Now, most of their activities (especially slavery) are high illegal in Samedan - where their home base is.  Samedan's not "officially" a theocracy, but it's a bought and sold "democracy" which is massively under the influence of the "popular" monotheistic religion of the region, which is highly strict.  So they operate very covertly, raiding and kidnapping small villages to sell slaves to other larger towns, mostly in Ahmedesia and Epherbuq, as well as other, smaller trade - underground drug movements in Samedan, religious texts to Ythrill, anti-religious texts throughout Samedan, etc.

Smuggler A is the official leader of the smuggling ring and Smuggler B is his right-hand man and long-time best friend.  During a routine smuggling route, Smuggler B realizes that an old friend/girlfriend of his is in the group of to-be slaves they're transporting, and attempts to rescue her.  The old flame is extremely angry at him for the job he now has (and the things that's made him become) and all he wants is to make things right with her (might still be in love with her.)  Smuggler A can see that there's a sexual tension between these two, and it makes him very jealous.  He's been mad about Smuggler B for an uncountable number of years, unable to express himself for fear of destroying their friendship and partnership, but he longs to show Smuggler B the delights of...straying from the "straight" and narrow path, while Smuggler B only wants to save the life and love of his childhood sweetheart.

Games I'm Playing in this World:

The Temple of Thunryk