Started by kckolbe, October 16, 2013, 08:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scribbles

AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

kckolbe

Indeed.  But this game is still on.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Rogue

<snip>
I actually think I have an idea and will get a hold of you KC. :)

- Snipped for inappropriate content.
-Nic

kckolbe

Hell, I'll take a moment to clear the air.  Integrity is very important to me, after all.  Read the interest check (which is not the same as this thread) and you'll see the following quotes from me:

Quote from: kckolbe on October 11, 2013, 11:19:05 AM
7. Are you making any changes to the setting? Yes.  Already I have added in the factor of civilian defense forces, which changes the dynamic a bit and makes the two factions closer to even.  In addition, I am adding other forms of combat craft, though most of these additions are mentioned in other sources and would be more expansion than a real change.  The word "frak" does not exist, at least in the way it was used in the show (I cringed whenever they said frak).  I am open to other suggestions.

Quote from: kckolbe on October 12, 2013, 10:19:42 AM
Great question.  I'll answer it here and add it to the FAQ (the first one to have actually been asked!).  The game will start shortly after the first wave of attacks and will almost immediately deviate from the series.

Quote from: kckolbe on October 14, 2013, 08:28:55 AM
Also, for ship complements (regarding Vipers and such), know that I am redoing those in order to accommodate the fleet building system and warfare mechanics.  It also gives you a lot more options for airpower, so to speak.

Chaeronea: CAG does still exist in my universe.  In the TV shows, there was only one wing (Galactica), and therefore, all squadrons belonged to one Air Group.  In this game, since I intend to have multiple battlestars (or multiple carriers might be more accurate), that would mean multiple Air Groups, which would become one Air Wing.  In short, no real difference, though it could end up meaning one extra link in the chain between average pilot and your char.

Familiarity is not an issue, really.  I am redoing the popular ships, pretty much eliminating the religion to mild references, and the colonies are only a footnote.  I would like all players to have a basic familiarity with the different colonies (pre genocide), but that's all that I really require.

Quote from: kckolbe on October 15, 2013, 08:01:34 AM
We'll say a slight life expectancy increase.  In 2011 the average age was 78.64, so we'll say 85 is the new standard, almost 10% better.  Your concept is definitely fine, and I am willing to massage the timelines a bit to fit your concept.  You may have noticed that the lore is not a significant issue for me. 

On top of that, there is still everything in this thread (including what I quoted earlier).  If she ignored all of this (posted in under two pages) AND the disclaimer in the very first post of this thread along with several other hints that this was not a BSG game, then she deserved the confusion she ended up with.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

RedEve

My 2 cents: it's not unreasonable for someone to join a game and then bow out when they find out the concept isn't entirely as they had imagined.
I feel like this is being needlessly blown out of proportion.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

kckolbe

Quote from: RedEve on October 23, 2013, 11:30:33 AM
My 2 cents: it's not unreasonable for someone to join a game and then bow out when they find out the concept isn't entirely as they had imagined.

Very true.  You'll note that my initial post on the matter was non-inflammatory.  I even complimented her on the character she'd designed.  If anyone still a part of the game would like to chime in, feel free.  I don't want for this to eat at anyone.

Intro Thread

Orange Marmalade

The only thing I have to say is better to find out about this kind of thing before you start than having to deal with it after :) Moving on!

kckolbe

Also true.  On a somewhat related note, I have updated the first post with current character roles filled and open.  If anyone notices a character missing, please let me know.

We are still making great progress and I am still greatly looking forward to the game.

Intro Thread

arkhos

Quote from: RedEve on October 23, 2013, 11:30:33 AM

Agreed.

mia is a fabulous writer and will be missed, and I definitely don't harbor any ill-will toward her for deciding to depart.

Still looking forward to seeing what we all come up with.

-ark
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Kythia

Yeah.  Sorry to hear it, don't feel anyone acted unreasonably, on with the show.

kckolbe

So, an update for folks considering joining, currently the group is building their own fleet (OOC) and have not started IC yet (though that will likely happen next week, the following weekend at the latest).

Intro Thread

ladyelizabeth

Analyn Tarrow
Profession: Ex Trophy Wife to Financial Mogul / Fundraising Guru
Political
Caprica

Abilities

Agility: 2
Athletics: 2
Awareness: 4
-Gossip 1
Cunning: 5
-Logic 2
Deception: 3
-Bluff 1
Endurance: 2
Fighting: 2
Knowledge: 3
-Financial
Marksmanship: 2
Mechanics: 2
Medical: 2
Persuasion: 4
-Seduce 2
-Charm 1

Reflexes: 2
-Reputation 1
Stealth: 2
Survival: 2
Thievery: 2
Warfare: 2
Will: 2

Flaws

Lascivious
The Oath of Drake *~*  On/Off's  *~*  A/A's

kckolbe

Looks good, Liz.  Looking forward to seeing the details on her past.

All those who have already contacted me about playing may still continue working characters, but I am no longer accepting new interest.  I will likely open this up to new players in a few months.

Intro Thread

Infinitiveangie

Angelica Moarne
Profession: Politician
History:  35 years of age. She was raised in a wealthy family, she was mostly always the party girl, although she was smart and very capable, she tend to use seduction on men. (and women) to get what she wanted. Eventually her mother got sick and that forced her to grow up. She finished her college, and went to become a politician, getting quite far in a remarkable amount of time due to connections and the fact that she dated a wealthy/known politician male for a while to gain more publicity and votes before dumping him.

Virgo

Abilities:

Agility: 2
Athletics: 2
Cunning: 2
Deception: 2
Endurance: 2
Fighting: 3
Knowledge: 3
Marksmanship: 2
Mechanics: 2
Medical: 2
Persuasion: 5
Seduction: 2
Charm: 1
Convince: 2
Reflexes: 2
Politics: 2
Stealth: 2
Survival: 3
Thievery: 2
Warfare: 2
Will: 2
Awareness: 4
Empathy: 1

Flaws:
(Generic flaw) Thievery
Childhood disease

Merits:
Destiny :  It only requires you to spend a Destiny Point, instead of burning a Destiny Point, to choose the outcome of being defeated.
Political Pull 1B: Prerequisite Status 4 (Politics 1B).  You are a minor mover and shaker in the political arena.  Once per Chapter, for any Politics test or Intrigue motivated by Politics, you may gain the benefit of spending a Destiny Point without having to do so.

(One point left.)

Galanthor

Charaktersheet's shamelessly stolen from Pretty in Pink

"File on Gregor O'Reilly"

Name:Gregor O'Reilly
Height:5'9"
Weight:140 lbs
Role:Commander of Maintainance Squadron

Agility2
Athletics2
Awareness3
Cunning5
>>Decipher1
Deception2
Endurance2
Fighting2
Knowledge3
Marksmanship2
Mechanics5
>>Jury Rig2
>>Repair4
>>Craft1
Medical2
Persuasion3
Reflexes2
Status3
Stealth2
Survival2
Thievery2
Warfare2
Will2

MERITS:
Evaluation
Destiny
Tech Head (Craft)

FLAWS:
Inept
Fear (Agoraphobia)
Generic Flaw  (Medicine)

DESTINY POINTS:
1 DP

kckolbe

I need you to raise his status to 3, will get back to you on the phobia.

Intro Thread

kckolbe

Intro Thread

Galanthor

done.

Huh...thought i talked the phobia through with you, sorry if i didn't

kckolbe

Intro Thread