The Kingdom of Shadows

Started by BlueRaptor90, March 05, 2013, 04:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kajirakate

Anna prepared some of the dried rations that the elven folk had given them before they left the land of the forest people.  There was enough for both of them, and she waited for Daniel to return to his human form.
kk

BlueRaptor90

The sun soon arose from the horizon. At that. daniel then slowly transformed back into his human form, a bit tired and hungry.

kajirakate

"Eat and rest my friend" Anna said as she looked at Daniel, the bond between the two as strong when he was in human form as it was when he was a dragon.  This surprised her as she had felt that the bond was with the dragon form as she was, as far as she knew the last of the line of dragon riders.
kk

BlueRaptor90

"Thank you anna" Daniel said eating his fill at at the dining hall then got much needed rest through the morning.

kajirakate

"Sleep well my friend"  Anna whispered as Daniel slept,  She then practiced her sword drills and sharpened her weapons
kk

BlueRaptor90

During his rest, daniel began to have dreams of both him and anna, fighting of the dark lord and his demon army, becoming triumph and praise by hundreds to thousands of people, which made him very happy.

kajirakate

While Daniel sleeps Anna prepares to break camp, when he wakes and transforms they will be ready to find the dark skull path and deal without confronts them as they quest for the golden armour of her ancestors, so that she ride, as her great, great, many times great grandmother rode before her.  Against the forces of darkness astride a mighty dragon, in partnership and not dominance.
kk

BlueRaptor90

After many hours, the sun set and the moon then rose. The light of the moon woke daniel up and transformed him back into his mighty dragon form. He was ready for battle and prepared to take on anything, feeling no fear. "Are you ready anna?" he  asked

kajirakate

"Whenever you are my friend" Anna said, in truth she was more than ready, she was so tuned to her task that the totality of her focus was scaring her a little.

kk

BlueRaptor90

"Are you afraid?" Daniel asked sensing a little fear in her

kajirakate

"Not to be afraid, is not to understand what is before us my friend" Anna replied, "but to face fear head-on is how we succeed".
kk

BlueRaptor90

"Right you my friend, right you are, so...with that being said are you ready?"

kajirakate

With that they left for the dark skull path and whatever awaited them there.  Anna was confident that they would prevail, but going into a dangerous area without actually knowing what was there was exciting and scary at the same time.  But with Daniel's powers and her skill at arms nothing much would be able to stand in their way.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel soon reached the valley, it was on a an big  island hidden in fog. Daniel then flew closer to the island but still was in the air, he saw what on the ground, he saw skulls of human and animals, he heard roars and howls coming from great beast and saw the river on it was a dark purple color but was some how blocked from the main ocean. "We're here" daniel said landing

kajirakate

Anna slide off Daniel's shoulders, her feet settlling into the soft surface, her sword in her hand, ready for whatever came their way in the quest for the golden armour of her ancestor.

She could see the footprints of many types, some of humanoids, some of beasts and some of game animals.
kk

BlueRaptor90

"We best be careful and ready, I can already sense the presents of other creatures...and they are close"

kajirakate

"Yes Daniel, I sense it to" Anna said in her mind, knowing that the dragon would hear the thought.

As they thought it, they were attacked by a group of bipedal reptilians, some of the snake people, this is not their land, so they were here for a reason.

Anna took the first instantly as it charged towards her, her sword slashing taking the snake, and slicing it through.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel then charged at the creatures ramming them into the air, slashing them with his razor sharp claws, and slamming the with his powerful tail, he then let out a powerful flame from his mouth nearly burning them all, they then fled in retreat.

kajirakate

Anna and Daniel knew not to pursue the fleeing snake people, but to focus on their task, the sooner they were free of this place the better for their major quest.  Anna sensed that the armour was in the caves ahead, as they climbed to the path toward the mountains in the centre of the island.
kk

BlueRaptor90

As they were climbing daniel began to sense the presence of other creatures when they were half way up the mountain "Trolls" he growled

kajirakate

She heard the word "Trolls" in her mind, and registered the sense of it, they were approaching caves after all, when a family of trolls attacked downhill at them.  Anna stepped to her left, opening up the full swing of her sword arm.  Trolls were not the brightest of creatures but they are very strong and very resilient to damage.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel then lashed his tail out and the trolls deeply wounded a couple with the spikes on his tail, one was running straight toward anna till daniel rammed into it knocking it off the cliff, Daniel let out a fearsome roar then fire came from his mouth burning and scaring off more of the trols but there were still some standing and ready to continue fight. There were then distant roars coming from the sky, daniel looked up to see what creatures the were "Wyverns, he said.

kajirakate

"Deal with the wyverns my friend, they are your peoples distant cousins, I will deal with the trolls" Anna said in their minds as she ducked up the swing of a Troll's club, slicing across it with her sword and then stabbing through its tough hide with her dagger, taking it in what passed for a heart.  A second troll attempted to attack her from the rear, but she knew it was coming, throwing her dagger and hitting the smelly troll in the eye, killing it outright.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel nodded then flew over to confront the wyverns, it turns out the reason they came is that they heard daniel's roar and mistaken it for a distress call, daniel quickly explain the situation to them in their tongue and the wyverns quickly aided him and anna with the trolls, the trolls quickly fled at the pack of wyverns

kajirakate

Between Anna's sword, Daniel's powerful body and fiery breath and the assistance of his lesser cousins, they made short work of the trolls.

As Daniel thanked the wyverns in their tongue, she began scouting towards the caves.  It was most likely that they would find her ancestor's legendary armour there.
kk