News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Uncanny X-Men (Free-Form RPG, Groups)

Started by PhantomPistoleer, July 09, 2013, 11:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airanea

Quote from: kckolbe on July 14, 2013, 12:54:52 PM
Gotcha.  Like I said, she'll be approved once the GM and canon plotpoints are done.

Right - Right.

Forgive me scatter brain, been sick for a little over a week now, brain seems to have lost brain cells.  :-)

Should I post them here or....?
"If you can't see the sarcasm in my writing, you aren't reading it right."
O/O

kckolbe

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=179328.msg8551901#msg8551901

There are some examples.  In short, GM plots are just ideas for PP that don't have to involve your character.

Canon plots are things that happened in the past that involved your character and are open for others to be a part of.

And yes, please post them here.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Airanea

GM Plot: With Xavier missing those within the academy have been having vivid dreams – all of which seem scattered, irrelevant, difficult to commute into whole ideas. Once they dreamer has awoken they can remember sparse chunks – images – flashes – but as the minutes pass those partial memories of subconscious messages are erased from memory.

Canon Plots: 1.) Psylocke had willingly gave up her capability to feel sorrow and regret as part of a bargain to save Fantomex from being erased from reality as was his conviction by the Captain Britain Corps – with the help of (Canon player) Psylocke is on the long road of relearning how the fell those emotions and express them once again.

2.) Psylocke complied together a team consisting of (one canon) and (2 students) in a secret investigation of the placement of Temortiaga – a rare alien metal that has been hidden in depths of the wild Canadian forest. Temortiaga has the power to drain a mutant’s ability with a single touch rendering them helpless and if exposed long enough can result in death. They must find it before it ends up in the wrong hands. The members of the team are not allowed to speak of the mission to any single person besides the four included at Psylocke’s order.

O/O

kckolbe

Welcome to the game.  Please post the plots in the GM thread, and PP will let you know if there are any issues with them.

As for ratings, how does this sound?

Intelligence:
Strength: 3
Speed: 2
Durability: 3
Energy Projection: 6
Fighting Skills: 6
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Airanea

Sounds good - but the intelligence score was empty?
O/O

kckolbe

Intro Thread

Jag

With an energy projection and fighting skill of a 6, who needs intelligence? :P
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Airanea

O/O

kckolbe

Intro Thread

TamaRose

GM: Since there has been a slew of mutant deaths, Autumn and her team have been invetigating several accoplices...one of these people being Maggot and his demons Eany and Meany. Wanting to catch him and his demons before he could get to anymore low class mutants, Autumn tagged along with the New York Police Department to make sure they didn't screw things up when they went to arrest Maggot and his parasites.

As the police searched Maggot's place, only to find out that she had been wrong and that Maggot himself hadn't done the killings himself, she became so furious with herself for wasting time that could have been used in finding the real killer(s), she ended up exposing her fire breath and burning down most of the houses on the city block.

Canon: It is Autumn' s first day at the X -Mansion. She was forced to leave the job she loved do to exposing her own mutant powers by accusing another mutant wrongly of the deaths of others. Now, being called in by the Headmaster Logan Howlette she is brought in to continue to investigate even more deaths and find out who is out to get rid of the demons of the world.

Did I do it right?

kckolbe

The canon one needs to be something that already happened and open for other X-Men to be part of.

Intro Thread

TamaRose

So, basically add more to the canon and leave it ope for other X-Men to come in?

kckolbe

She joined years ago, right?  Just write it in past tense and write what happened start to finish.  The canon plots are completed tales, stories that your char went through with other PCs.

Intro Thread

TamaRose

GM: Since there has been a slew of mutant deaths, Autumn and her team have been invetigating several accoplices...one of these people being Maggot and his demons Eany and Meany. Wanting to catch him and his demons before he could get to anymore low class mutants, Autumn tagged along with the New York Police Department to make sure they didn't screw things up when they went to arrest Maggot and his parasites.

As the police searched Maggot's place, only to find out that she had been wrong and that Maggot himself hadn't done the killings himself, she became so furious with herself for wasting time that could have been used in finding the real killer(s), she ended up exposing her fire breath and burning down most of the houses on the city block.

Canon: It had been three years since Autumn had arrived at the mansion due to her own stupidity. She never had found out who the killer was back then and neither had anyone else at the office. To be honest things had quieted down for several months before everything started back up again. It had just killed her not being able to hunt down the real bastard who had murdered all of those innocent mutants. In all honestly she blamed herself for everything going so completely wrong.

Trying again. Also, my apologies. I have other threads I am trying to catch up on.

kckolbe

I would recommend something that wasn't as much about her.  Remember, the point of the canon points is for small stories that multiple characters can share, whereas this is something solely about her that few X-Men could really have been a part of.

Intro Thread

Sasquatch421

Dark Assassin: Testament
Real Name: Marco Akerman (ignores the name because in his eyes Marco is gone only Testament remains)
Group Affiliation: X-Men, Horsemen of Apocalypse
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 161lbs.
Arch-Enemies: Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister
Nickname: Death, Test

Powers: 
    Summon Scythe: Testament can summon a scythe from the Dark Force Dimension. The blade is made from dark energy of the dimension.

Dark Energy Blasts: He can also fire blasts of summoned dark energy. These blasts have great range though damage goes down the further away the target is so Testament has a tendency to use them at mid range so damage remains decent. A side effect of the blasts is that the negative energy effects Testament in a corrupting manner.

Swirling Shadows: Using this ability allows Testament to generate darkness which can make daytime pitch black night in a ten foot radius around him.

Night Vision: Due to his connection with the dark force dimension and his darkness powers Testament can see in the dark.

Shadow Cloaking: If Testament remains still in the shadows he becomes very difficult to see. He likes to combine this with his Swirling Shadows power to launch surprise attacks.

Teleportation: He can utilize shadows as dimensional doors allowing Testament to teleport between shadows that are in his line of sight. Very handy for covering ground quickly or making even faster retreats. This can also be used to effectively get behind an opponent for a quick back stab.

Skills:

Scythe Proficiency: Testament can wield a scythe with tremendous dexterity and skill, accurately and precisely slicing through the enemies without being hindered by the scythe's heavy weight.

Unnerving Appearance: Testament has always been a strange looking child. He has learned to use this as a way to set his opponents back and create an opening although this also has a tendency to make it difficult to approach him. The way he dresses also serves to add to this effect.

Jeet Kune Do: While he is not physically imposing like most of the men at the mansion Testament is a little stronger then he looks. However due to his quickness and a hidden love of Bruce Lee movies caused him to pick up training in Jeet Kune Do.

Shamanism: He has taken up shamanism for some unknown reason. His raven familiar is always with him and Testament simply calls it Raven.

Bio: The saga of Marco starts at his young age as does most saga's. His powers were with him since his birth and he grew comforted by the ever presence of his darkness and shadows. He had always been strange in appearance due to his untanning white skin and red eyes was an ever presence cause for bullies to pick on him growing up. He could always retreat back to his darkness though a new outlet had snuck upon him and this was Bruce Lee movies. Marco had turned into a fan of the martial artist and through a lot of begging was able to start training in Jeet Kune Do.

This continued until high school then it finally happened... A truly nasty bully had picked him as a target and Marco couldn't stand it anymore. He called upon his powers and training to trap the bully in darkness and turn the tables on him by beating the bully up. Officially outed as a mutant and kicked from the school Marco's mother took him to Xavier's school and left him there. Marco only was there a week getting settled in classes and warming to the fellow mutants that were fellow students when his luck took another turn.

One day while out on the town shopping Marco was kidnapped by three of the four Horsemen that made up Apocalypses group. His abilities had come to the notice of the first mutant and Apocalypse decided to make Marco his final Horseman... The Horseman known as Death... Upon becoming part of the Four Horsemen the new Death had the touch of Apocalypse open a new realm to him. This was the Dark Force Dimension and Marco found he could use the negative energy from this realm to fire destructive blasts of dark energy as well as summon a scythe that had a blade forged from the same energy. Another discovered power was that of using the shadows to teleport...

He stayed on as Death primarily serving as an assassin for Apocalypse until he was finally broken of this. He rejoined the school choosing to simply call himself Testament... To him the old person known as Marco Akerman is dead and only Testament remains...

Power Ratings:
Intelligence: 2
Strength: 2
Speed: 6*
Durability: 2
Energy Projection: 5
Fighting Skills: 4
*Increased due to teleportation

Proposed GM Plot: Testament's energy blasts have a corrupting effect when used and in long battles he finds himself almost reverting back to his Death persona. Are these due to his previous role as Death or is Apocalypse using this to try and reclaim his Horseman?

Proposed Canon: It was a boring day and a group of 2 X-Men and 2 students found themselves under attack by the Horseman known as Death. After a hard fought battle they discovered it was the missing student Marco and managed to break Apocalypses hold on him.

kckolbe

Looks good.  The shamanism bit surprised me, but that can be left for character development.  Feel free to post him up.

I imagine he would be a junior staff member by now and no longer a student?

Intro Thread

Sasquatch421

I wanted a way to incorperate the raven in the picture and shamanism was the first thing I thought of. I left the reasons open since I'm not sure if he's using it to try and counter the corrupting factor of using the energy of the Dark Force Dimension or something else...

Yes, I think he would be a junior staff member by now, but it depends on what one would want him to do... I really can't think of anything and I can't imagine him being a teacher...

TamaRose

Canon: It was Autumn' s first day at the X -Mansion. She was forced to leave the job she loved to do, do to exposing her own mutant powers by accusing another mutant wrongly of the deaths of others. Now, being called in by the Headmaster Logan Howlette she was brought in to continue to investigate even more deaths and find out who is out to get rid of the demons of the world.

I went back to the old version in the canon and made it past tense. Am I getting warmer?

kckolbe

Not really, sorry.  PP will help you with it later, but you are approved in the meantime.

Intro Thread

TamaRose

I am sorry. I really suck at this part. Yeah, if I could get help with the canon I would appreciate it. Thanks! Until then I will wait to post.

kckolbe

You don't have to wait.  Go ahead and jump in, and be sure to get started on the relationships!

Intro Thread

Jag

This is my personal X-Men OC. I'm very fond of her and haven't used her in a roleplay before. In her storyline, Emplate is her biological father, but I figured I would leave that out in case someone wants to take up the role of M (that being one of Emplate's sisters). I didn't want them being stuck with a niece wandering around all the time. >.<

Fragile Angel:  Kree
Group Affiliation: X-Men
Height: 5'4''
Weight:100lbs
Arch-Enemies: Black Womb (Amanda Mueller) and Mr. Sinister (Nathanial Essex)
Nickname: None.

Powers: Flight. Top speed cruising at 65-70mph. Diving swoops at about 150mph.
Claw like finger nails. Thick, hardened nails that if grown out for long periods of time resemble talons.
Instead of her wings being built to handle a human body, her mutation is the opposite where her body is built for her avian wings. Leaving her with hollowed bones. To make up for the fact that they can be broken easily at times, her body is able to handle pain extraordinarily well.
Skills: Being home-schooled, her mother helped her become somewhat profeicent in several languages (Spanish, French, and German). She is also highly skilled in logical reasoning.
Bio: Lili was born to Mr. and Mrs. Kline in West Virgina. Her mutation was apparent from birth. Instead of abandoning their child, they chose to keep her. As she grew, she realized it was only her mother that wanted to keep her. Her father was ashamed and disgusted. Out of anger, and to ease her ability to get around the house, when her wings started to grow in, he harnessed them down painfully to her back. He never allowed her to remove it. Over time, the harness began to disfigure her.

Fearing that the harness had done repairable damage to their daughter, Mrs. Kline went to the only person she knew could help. Dr. Amanda Mueller. It was then that Lili was informed that Mrs. Kline was not her biological mother. Mueller was. Mrs. Kline was just a surrogate. Upon seeing what had been done to her biological daughter, Mueller demanded to take Lili back into her care. While Mrs. Kline was not happy with the idea, she knew it was likely for the best.

At first, things were wonderful. Her wings were cut free and Mueller stated that they could be saved, but just barely. She still spoke with Mrs. Kline over the phone and even went to see her on occasion, but Mueller started out as a wonderful mother. Explaining that while she could not spare the time to raise an infant, she was more than happy to have Lili around now that she was a teenager. It wasn't the greatest of relationships, but Lili enjoyed the new freedoms that Mueller allowed her.

At least she did till she found out why Mueller had been willing to help a random non-mutant couple have a child in the first place. Mueller's only mutation was Longevity. She could live forever, so long as her body held up. The woman intended on living forever through studying mutations and using her findings to further her own life. Lili found out, in a horrifying way, that Mueller only took care of poor, pregnant women who were either mutants or knew their child was a mutant, because she could pay them to take the baby. From there, she usually killed them to study the bodies. Lili watched as her own biological mother smothered a child.

Mueller knew Lili had seen it happen and couldn't risk her getting away. So she trapped her own daughter away. She explained, with the help of her partner Nathanial Essex, that this sort of research was necessary. Lili didn't believe it. Nor did the outside world for much longer. Lili was finally freed when the police raided Mueller's lab. Both she and Essex got away, but all still living mutants were freed.

Having nowhere else to go, not trusting the Klines to help her, Lili heard from a few of the others that the Xavier Institute was a safe place for mutants.

Personality: Lili might be small in body and ability, but she is loud and out going. She desires to see the world one day. Her wings are still somewhat weak, but she works hard every day to make them stronger and repair the damage done by her father. Despite the horrible things her biological mother has done, Lili swears to herself that she will never be like her in the least bit. She strives to be compassionate and wants to go on to college to earn a law degree so she may fight for mutant rights and put a stop to people like Mueller.

Power Grid

Intelligence: 3
Strength: 1
Speed: 3
Durability: 3
Energy Projection: 1
Fighting Skills: 3

Purposed GM Plot: During her stay with Amanda Mueller, after seeing the killing of a mutant child, Mueller revealed that she was once known as the Black Womb Killer. A woman in the 1800s who got herself pregnant and then forcibly aborted the children in different ways to study the bodies. Lili swore she'd make Mueller pay for every child she killed. Mueller laughed and revealed to her that Essex used to refer to her as his Birthing Factory, but now her body was too weak to provide anymore children. As her only biological child (known), Mueller said it was time for Lili to take up that role. Luckily, the raid happened before anything could take place. But she still fears that Mueller or Essex will find her one day. Even worse, she fears that Mueller and Essex will make her friends pay for it too. Because of this, she tends not to befriend other women easily, hoping that Mueller would spare them if she ever came back.

Purposed Canon Plot: Due to her fear of Mueller, Lili is perfectly fine and out going when on mansion grounds, but she refuses and fears to leave. Due to unnamed mission with (1-3)Students or (1)X-Man, she is forced to face her fears of being out in the open.

kckolbe

Pretty dark, but interesting.  I am going to hold off until after work (about to start getting ready now) so PP has time to decide his policy on second characters.

Intro Thread

Jag

The mutant child being smothered is canon. Mueller is, in my opinion, one of the worst characters in Marvel creation. Not personality or anything, but just the things she did. She even tried to rebirth Sinister at one point. One mutant that is, canon wise, directly related to her research is Toad. The experiments she did to him are what caused the unstable portions of his mutation and mentality.

But I have no problem if PP doesn't want a second character right now. I can hold her for later or a different game. ^^