Looking for non romantic rp

Started by Nuncia Algos, September 24, 2011, 09:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuncia Algos

I'm newly approved, and am looking for anyone to do a oneXone with.

I can do just about any genre, except school or 'normal life' based roleplays. I prefer fantasy, space travel, dimensional, fuedal era, i love old weapon fights, and combat in general.

If it sounds interesting, whether its you with the idea, or me, lemme know, via post here or pm!

akirakaneda

well, Im not aproved yet, but Im interested in your idea, I also like comabt ideas, for instance samurai X, but if it's about combatI'd like to try a King of FIghters or Streetfighters story... well what do you think?

Nuncia Algos

Im looking for more of a 'war' of sorts, rather than a tournament. Was thinking more along the lines of a war between heaven and hell, demons vs angels, with a group of Neutrals out to either stop the war, or pick sides.

The Angelics are warriors of Heaven, created by god to watch over him while he slept, and to watch over the humans that reside below. However, as God rested, his right hand and left hand, Gabriel and Lucifer, came to a disagreement. Lucifer believed in the free will of the humans, and did not want to conform them to the beliefs of the Angelics, while Gabriel believed that all those who did not believe were as good as the dirt they were made from, and wished to destroy them to ensure a 'pure' race of devoted for when God reawakened. As their fight broke out, Lucifer and his group of ten fell from heaven, to be closer to the humans to defend them.

However, the humans saw the angelic without his wings and believed him to be a demon, from hell. So they denied his help, and shunned the army he had brought to defend them. With no humans to accept them, they were forced to seek shelter below the ground, where Satan came to Lucifer with an alliance. If he became the dealer for souls, then he would grant immunity to the fallen angelics. Lucifer agreed to the deal, throwing in his own terms that he be allowed to recycle souls that did not belong in neither hell nor heaven, holding their souls for a time before releasing them back to the earth the be reborn. With the deal sealed, Lucifer dealt with the returning souls while Gabriel planned his next move, training his army to fight for the next war, when Earth and Humans fates would be decided.

A group of Seven Neutrals were a part of recycled souls that helped Lucifer when the humans wanted to kill him, their powers limited, though they knew of their past lives to an extent. They alone held the power to defend against the Angelics, when their fires fell to destroy the man that god had created.

At least thats my idea, we could be part of the Neutrals, humans that are reawakened to know of the war coming, and have to find the rest of their group to reunite their powers and defend mankind...

akirakaneda

Ok, your idea seems interesting, so we would be part of the neutrals, right?. Anyway, I think those neutrals might be related to mythical creatures that appears in Bible, maybe the Ziz, benemoth, leviatan and others. So how do we start?

Nuncia Algos

I was actually thinking the Neutrals would be based off of Tarot, rather than the bible, being Neutral they wouldnt be associated with the beliefs of either side.

The Neutrals are cards of the tarot, with powers over that card and its meanings. My two characters will be the Hermit and the Heirophant, the keeper of Knowledge and the keeper of Wisdom, respectively. Basically they are the beginning points of the Neutrals, being the ones that remember all their past lives, so they know how things happened before, and with the knowledge and wisdom of all the years within them, they basically are the Guides for the rest of the group.

akirakaneda

Uhmm tarot seems an interesting and frsh idea, it's good. I guess my character might take the death card, since it's the card that links past and future (I think death is understood as renovation in some tarot circles), and also of the doubt and ignorance (Since nobody knows when or how is going to happen).

Well, I was thinking about the charcateristic fo the story might not be purely spiritual, but also include some "technology". I mean something like alchemy or old mechanisms, for instance let's say that angels and demons are mythical beings, but their powers are not only because of it, but because they got " mistical science"  that humans couldn't understand in ancient times.
Is not like modern technology at all, it still got some strong spiritual components, it's fueled by the power of the soul or the will, I think we could relate it to theories about ancient lost technologies and tarot cards a as a way to preserve sacred knowledge for the future. Don't know, what you think about it?

Nuncia Algos

I love the idea of alchemy and old arts in there, bring back the old knowledge. The Hermit and Heirophant would know about that for sure. They would be the ones to train the 'new' beginnings of the Neutrals. It would come to the 'chosen' in dreams, that they are to meet with these two t a junction point, and from there they would explain what was going on and such, but of course cryptically.

And the Death card is about transition, a beginning after an end, of doubt and uncertainty, though its not purely a negative card. I love the ideas though.

The entire war is not meant to be about spirituality completely, but more about the domain of man and who will rule or destroy it. So I can for sure see elements being used in there, the angelics would have wind and water for sure, while the Demonics would have Fire and Earth... The Neutrals would be able to wield all of those plus metals and such, as well as Light and dark, which is the main defining point of the Neutrals; they control everything, while the two factions are restricted to only their natural elements...

akirakaneda

I like your ideas, just one question, is the war taking place in the human world, but in what age?. I mean a setting of a current world it seems a bit boring to me, maybe some sort of XIX century, something like the worst side of the victorian age might be an option for the "choosen" to start.

Nuncia Algos

I agree, i was thinking XIX age, where everything is middle age, with weapons of man simple, yet at the same time they have advancements not found, and dress would be more victorian for sure... Think a mash of old world and new world with the ideas of villages, town and such, but no huge settlements of people, where theres still forests and such, but the people are more advanced than peasants. A neat mash of old and new.

The war itself will be taking place on the Argeon Feilds, a battle ground of plains with mountains surrounding it, hidden from most of the rest of the world, where the rifts between the three worlds are weakest. The plains stretch as far as the eye can see on all sides, the mountains cliffs that box it in, though there are paths that the Neutrals can use to get to this sacred battle field, where the first Origin Battles had raged, and where Lucifer himself had fallen with his ten angelic warriors originally.

But other than that, think huts and wooden homes, with paths through woods, though dress of the people is not rags and such, but a little more grander, cloaks and such common.

akirakaneda

Ok, I'd like your ideas about the battlefield. As this got some religious issues, maybe organisations dedictad to coup with these kind of issues might have a small role, I mean something like Hellsing Organisation from, manga/anime "Hellsing".

Also, that battlefield might have some importance of its own, for instance it were the link between 3 worlds, hell, heaven and earth, if the battle it's too long the battlefield might not support all the power contained there and got brojen and then the 3 worlds couldn't keep the balance and be destroyed.

Well besides that I think we might start with our characters and then start the RP. I don't know but I think we might determine some chracteristicis like:

Name:
Age.
Tarot Card:
Bio:
Personality:
habilities:
Strength:
Weakness:
Image:
Extra:

Maybe other small haracters like lucifer, god and others should have at least some characteristics defined as well

Nuncia Algos

Definately can do, ill send you the link to the new thread~! Itll start out with the synopsis and the cahr sheets for my chars, then you can add in yours and I can start up the opening, and you jump in~!

Link to new thread Here