[M for F] Worldbuilding, epic sagas, intricate relationships, romance

Started by Bomb, September 25, 2019, 08:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bomb

UPDATE: I am currently unable to accept new partners, as I have had a lot of responses.  Next time!

Hello all, and thank you for reading my proposal.

About me:

Update 10/26:  Having just finished two frankly amazing RPs, I find that only more will do.  Once more into the breach!  I am updating my search post of a few weeks ago with refined preferences as well as some newer roleplay prompts I might like to discuss.  I have also refined further some of the existing prompts.
I'm not too attached to any specific idea, though, so please feel free to ask.

I’m currently hopeful to meet a new long-term RP partner, and I feel I will mesh well with dedicated, literate roleplayers who want original stories posting daily or every other day.

About me:

I find writing in a vacuum dull, whereas whenever I have a writing partner or group I eagerly await every update and daydream about what I will write next. I am literate, I write a lot, and I'm a fast poster (usually daily). I mostly write in the third person, past tense. I like to write paragraphs of meaningful text, while avoiding too much description or internal monologue. My setting preferences are pretty much limitless. I certainly want to build something together; intricate worlds, relationships, and histories are what I crave. I have a well developed real life and I just enjoy some literary escapism with like-minded partners. I generally do not want to participate in PvP encounters. Nor do I have any attraction to thinly-disguised (or not at all) cybersex, although eroticism is certainly something I hope to participate in, although not exclusively or even primarily. I'm okay with eroticism in the context of a story or the characters but not to the exclusion of good content. I refuse to participate in roleplay that graphically depicts rape, pedophilia, or most of the other more out-there-fetishes. I don't mind interacting with different genders and will sometimes write as something different, but I pretty much stick with a hetero male persona. I do enjoy the tension between prospective romantic partners. Ladies only, please.

About what I write:

I’m a worldbuilder and a scene-setter. I want fleshed-out characters and immersive situations. I want dramatic tension, impossible odds, and high stakes. I want to open a post eager to find out what happens and what’s coming. I want to surprise and delight just as I want the same for myself.

Current ideas for long-term RP collaborations (I'm in a Sci-fi mood, clearly):

Ready Player Two:  One of my recent partners and I brainstormed a while on this and it is an idea for which I am very excited.  In a world not unlike our own, or the fairly easily identifiable franchise of a similar name: two strangers encounter each other in a global virtual reality ecosystem.  Strangers in real life, competitors and perhaps comrades in the virtual, a rapport grows between the two as they spend more and more time together on whichever quest they have set for themselves.  (I see this story as playing out a number of diverging ways depending on the author's interests and our brainstorming.  I don't necessarily want to have events parallel to the book/movie.) Currently taken

It's not Firefly if you don't look too close:  Sci/fi Western:  An old fashioned tramp freighter captain is scraping out a living with a fast ship after a brutal war in the Sector, living from job to job just to keep the crew paid and the engine hot.  Is he as mercenary as he claims to be?  Or does his hardened outer shell guard something else entirely?  Perhaps the right, special, crew member could find out, or perhaps cause that shell to harden further?  [I love Firefly, and I'm a sucker for Nathan Fillion/Malcolm Reynolds.  I'll be writing an OC in an original universe that is a bit more than inspired by the Firefly show, close enough that it would probably violate copyright.  I like the idea of working with someone on a ship, its crew, the planets they visit, and perhaps a relationship between two outcasts to the stars.  I must confess a strong desire to play the male Captain but could be convinced by the right person to be the male interest for a female swashbuckler, as well.]  Currently taken: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=312417.msg15137904#msg15137904

Totally not Jupiter Ascendant:  This is an idea I brainstormed with another writer that didn't pan out (if you are reading this I'm still down to roleplay).  Loosely based on the Jupiter Ascendant movie (terrible, btw).  An heir to a galaxy-spanning empire has been secretly living on an Earth that knows nothing of the greater galactic civilization, unaware of their birthright.  A Knight of the Empire has been sent to protect him/her as the heir finds their place in the galaxy.  Is the role of the Emperor/ess a thinly disguised trap for the protagonist?  Will the Knight follow through with their duty, or turn from the path out of love born of a growing relationship with the new heir?  (Also a copyright-threatening OC setup.  I quite like the idea of inverting the plot the female character being the Knight here, but am not too attached to this.)  Currently taken: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=311919.0

(Modern)  A seemingly innocent reunion:  A group of wealthy schoolmates, elite scions of international firms, are having a reunion in a luxurious and remote locale (I have in mind a super-exclusive Hawaiian resort).  They bring along their trophy dates and their bragging rights over international conquests.  Marcus Bishop, however, has an entirely different agenda.  His 'friends' will learn to rue the day they asserted themselves over him and his life all those years ago.  He did not factor one of the other guests and her own agenda into his plan.  (A bunch of rich young alumni of a Stanford secret society get together at a ritzy elite place with the intention of engaging in adventure sports, parties, fornication, and a little crony capitalism while they are reinforcing the old school pecking order.  'New money' CEO-on-the-rise intends to upset the hierarchy and assume a global preeminence among them with good-old-fashioned blackmail, head games, and provocation, possibly using a government investigation into one or all of them as his catspaw.  The female lead, however, is an old fling of his that randomly is there with one of the men he plans to undo.  Lots of swimwear and heels, snappy tropical suits, parasailing, saunas, and romantic drama.)

Hope you haven't read the Dresden Files:  Because I want to play an urban wizard detective.  There, I said it.  You can play one, too, of course.  Or a faerie, vampire (no sparkles), werewolf, whatever, even a mundane.  But I get to write a modern wizard.  There are dark forces gathering in the cities and countryside; perhaps your character will be one of them?  A dangerous romance between an otherworldly being and a wizard vulnerable to the touch of the beyond?

If none of these ideas suit you we can mix and match.  Space captain wizard?  Sure.  Intergalactic knight infiltrating a ritzy resort gathering?  Sounds awesome.  Something I haven't listed?  Let's talk.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Bomb

Imperial:  "There goes another bump."
Mod: "Hold your fire.  There's no lifeforms.  It must've short-circuited"

Bump!  Updated my post with several new roleplay ideas and refined my initial query.

Bomb

Update 10/26:  Having just finished two frankly amazing RPs, I find that only more will do.  Once more into the breach, dear readers!

I am updating my search post of a few weeks ago with refined preferences as well as some newer roleplay prompts I might like to discuss.  I have also refined further some of the existing prompts.  I'm not too attached to any specific idea, though, so please feel free to ask.

Later that day....

Wow thanks for all the responses.  I need to take some time to sort through everybody.  Until then I won't be accepting any new ones.