Salem: Splinter of Magic [Adult American Potterverse Game] [Now Recruiting!]

Started by Rebelle, April 02, 2017, 02:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RegretNot

I am back from vacation and Rebelle and I should be looking over the recently submitted sheets in the next few days, plenty of slots still open. 

LordRod

Glory is being Great and being Useful - Simon Bolivar

Because its There - Sir Edmund Hillary

"The Lord of the Mans of Rod" - Me, spelling everything write and still getting the sentence wrong.

On and Offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=265306.0

Rebelle

Quote from: LordRod on May 11, 2017, 06:12:05 PM
Working on a backlog but hope to get this tomorrow or Saturday

We look forward to seeing it!

Also, we would like to take this moment to announce that all currently accepted characters are now free to post in the IC Threads, and we will be kicking off our first major plot in the next day or two!!!!

We would have done it sooner but someone got slightly ill, and this time it wasn't me!

What does this mean for those who haven't submitted a character yet, you might be asking.

Well quite simply, not much, we'll still be accepting characters throughout the game in and of itself.  Those who come in later, we'll get slid right in all neat like.. or messy or.. Well you get the drift.

Also for those who might have been wondering..

There ARE more newspapers and magazines...

And they were posted for quite some time, unfortunately yours truly... Didn't see them..

However, here is that information, more readily available

Publications
Magazine and Newpaper Quick Info

The Aegis: [ The biggest Wizarding Newspaper around, delivers all over the US.]

Oblivate Me [Gossip Rag - Very popular. Covers celebrities, important figures in various careers. Scandals, anything even remotely intriguing and it's likely to be printed in this magazine. The Owner of the magazine is known for attacking pureblood politics and one year published a list of families who still belong to the social registry. ]

The Magic Beat [ Mixed content, but the heart of the magazine focuses on music and art culture, up and coming artists and other creative types. They are known for being truthful and unafraid to talk about things that aren't mainstream]

The Modern Witch [ Women's magazine. Focuses on women with families and careers, and has an advice section that often answers about anything from career questions to marital issues. It is also known to publish interviews of important and influential women in the wizarding world]

Amortentia [ Fashion Magazine, as well as focusing on women's health and beauty. Most popular with teenagers and young adults. Quizzes, articles on celebrities, or what is best to wear when thinking of an interview are just some ideas on what one can find within it's pages]

Monster Issues [ Newer magazine, it focuses on issues that plague those with mixed blood and stranger mysteries within the wizarding world.  They often have interviews from experts on werewolves or vampires, publish personal accounts from witches and wizards who face discrimination for being mixed blood. Articles on disappearances and other mysterious happenings that don't always make it to the bigger magazines and newspapers. The magazine has been called bold and 'ahead' of its time.]

I'll be filling in some more info on those too!

~Rebs

Rebelle

Hello to all those interested - I am going to do a quick little update.

Right now we have only 1 Metamorphmagi in play, with plenty of those, animagus, Seers, half-vampires, Half-Veelas and werewolves available (as well as goblins if that would tickle your fancy).  Come and take your pick.

We have also started our very first Event in game - it just kicked off.   You can find it here.

But never fear - even if you don't swing by for this event, we'll have plenty more on the horizon.

Intimate Ink

Sticking my head in to express interest/brainstorming of various concepts.  Looks like a well-thought out and fascinating game.  Very awesome you all.  :)

Rebelle

Quote from: Intimate Ink on May 22, 2017, 03:39:32 PM
Sticking my head in to express interest/brainstorming of various concepts.  Looks like a well-thought out and fascinating game.  Very awesome you all.  :)

Hey there and welcome to the thread!

Thank you for the loverly compliment too ^.^

If you have any questions or any bits of brain that has been stormed by all means don't hesitate to post here or in PMs and we'll be happy to help!  Also thank you for checking us out.

Flower

Hey! So rather than continue to lurk in the darkness, I have decided to make my presence known. This game has been on my mind since finding out about its inception. Plus I have seriously wanted adult Potterverse for years. Best to yield to the craving rather than continue to fight it.

Anyways, I'm excited to build a character and rip it to shreds with you guys. Just kidding. I won't be super mean to this character. >.>

RegretNot

Welcome out of the darkness, we knew there were people and other stuff there but poking them with a stick is usually bad form. 

Be as super mean or super nice as you like your character, it's what they are there for. 

Anyway, if you have any questions feel free to pm Rebelle and myself. 

Flower

Amarlo

Seriously debating it and brainstorming. -Hands in tentative interest slip.-

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Intimate Ink

Amarlo

Quote from: Intimate Ink on May 26, 2017, 09:37:51 PM
Do iiiiittttttt!
<3 Well now I have too! ;D

Edit*

May I facelcaim Juwita Dewi, please? ^^

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

la dame en noir

My character ahs been in this game forever, but I haven't done anything yet lol. UGH!
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

RegretNot

Quote from: Intimate Ink on May 26, 2017, 09:37:51 PM
Do iiiiittttttt!

I condone this kind of peer pressure.

Quote from: Amarlo on May 26, 2017, 09:59:39 PM
<3 Well now I have too! ;D

Edit*

May I facelcaim Juwita Dewi, please? ^^

Quote from: la dame en noir on May 26, 2017, 10:11:53 PM
My character ahs been in this game forever, but I haven't done anything yet lol. UGH!

You had an approved student Evangeline in the Salem School game, but feel free to update her to the new adult character sheet and submit her as we have moved the timeline up where students were able to have been graduated and be adults in this setting. 

Rebelle

Hey there to all those who are peeking in and showing interest!

I'm very happy to have you all here, and i can't wait to see what you wonderful peoples come up with!

la dame en noir

Whew. That'll be hard to do considering I didn't do anything - I don't think. lol
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Ashena

Soooo I am finally stepping out of the shadows as well. I saw this when it was posted day 1. I was a little intimidated by it as I dont know the setting -that- well. Ive seen all the movies once and read all of the books once. But my memory of everything can be spotty. I keep seeing my self click the link reading the first post and going. "Nope I will be to overwhelmed" Then a day later I am reading the post again like. Maybe I could do it?

With that being said. I challenged my self that if I looked at it again I would read through everything and make a character. SO here is me following through and reading up on the material now. I should have a character out... In the next hour ish. Depending on how work goes. (As an EMT I either have ALL OF THE FREETIME- or the stuff hit the fan and I have none of the free time. Today so far has been slow)

Flower

You will be fine. Rebelle and RN are super nice. Yay to another shadow lurker stepping into the light!

RegretNot

If you have any questions, are uncertain about something, or just generally want to know if you are on the right track feel free to pm us, we usually respond pretty quickly unless both of us are work and/or asleep at the time. 

Ashena

Will do :) and thank you. Currently reading through the first page and thinking about what kind of charicter to play. Is there a lul anywhere. Like do you guys need anytype of charcter. I find i like playing the roles or races that there is little to none of. *shrug*

RegretNot

We currently don't have a lot of other faction members (Council of Black and Scourers), albeit it we have a lot of recruitment targets for each.  Which if someone is unsure about them might be the best way to be actively recruited in game and make that decision based on roleplay to join one or not.  As for other things that we are lacking I believe we only have 1 of each kind of magical creature bloodline so far (1 half vampire, 1 werewolf, 1 half veela, no goblins).  We also only have a few of the special character types (2 animagnus, 1 metamorphmagi, 1 seer).  We could alway use more purebloods but that comes with making the pureblood family template as well.  I think the only thing we really have a nice amount of and by no means does it mean we can't have more are Aurors (4 at current) as I have no problem with a magical procedural going on.     Sorry couldn't help myself.  Anyway if you have any questions about any of these special types feel free to pm. 

Ashena

Regret not sent you a pm. I have a few ideas if that one is a nogo. Im not set on any of them yet. Trying to gather ideas to see which i like the best.

Ashena

Taking slightly longer for my scattered brain to calm down. But I am all the way down to personality and history. I am ironing it out now. :)

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: RegretNot on May 27, 2017, 09:10:46 AM

This gif inspired me to make my next move. *nods* So, yes, I just reserved the hotness that is Jared for my second character!

RegretNot