YOUR PLANET NEEDS YOU! Join the Space Corps. (Welcome to all M, and F)

Started by Mac84, September 04, 2014, 02:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac84

OOC Thread:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=213051.0

Character Bio Thread:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=213050.0

This Is a Lusty Bride Production:

Tags: Interspecies, Military, Sci-Fi, Naval Action,

This is an RP based upon a Comic called Space Corps. I strongly suggest you read it, it is awesome!

http://spacecorpscomic.com/wordpress/comic/space-corps-0-cover/

Don't forget to support the Artists. XD

The entire Galaxy is at war. The Winnowers, a Race of aliens who hold the concept of Eugenics above all else, are on a brutal quest to find the Perfect Race. They make themselves superior to all others in existence. Moving from one planet to another they take DNA samples, and perform inhuman, and brutal experiments upon the unfortunate races that they come across. Once they have learned all they can about a race and steal the traits that make them thrive, they exterminate them in a planet wide genocide. Even the Earth itself and Humanity would have been wiped out during the Winnower occupation, had it not been for the heroic intervention of the Space Corps.

The Space Corps: The only group capable of curtailing their dastardly plans is the coalition of the brave, and valiant races that comprise the Space Corps. Made up of dozens of different races from across the Stars. They come together to fight for the Freedom of all Worlds against the Facist Tyranny of the Winnowers. 

-One year after the liberation of Earth by the Space Corp's forces, word gets out by Space Corps Intel service that the Winnowers are close to creating a new kind of weapon, one that could turn the already powerful Winnower Empire into an unstoppable force. So a secret mission is devised to begin a massive new offensive on one front of the war, using it as a smokescreen for a small strike group to slip in to the Winnower lines and destroy the facility and wreak as much havoc in Winnower space as possible to help other areas of combat.

But once the mission is underway they make it halfway to their objective before running into a Winnower fleet heading for where they just came from, the Strike group suffers casualties and isn't able to destroy the Winnower fleet, so, some chose to continue on with the mission while another set of ships race back to friendly space.

the ships and crew of the Space Corps that are staying in Winnower space know that it is a suicide mission, and they will likely fail, but they promise that even if they do they will raise as much hell in Winnower turf as they can and set off to deal with this new Winnower threat.

Winnower Combat Soldier:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Brutal fighters, able to adapt to most planetary environments. They are the brunt of the Winnower’s military might, grown at a rapid pace from cloning tanks they are altered pre birth to suit the specific needs of the Winnowers and slowly grow more and more vicious with every race that falls to the Winnowers.

Winnower Officer:
While not very muscular and easy to kill even in hand to hand combat, the Winnower Officer/Scientist caste is nothing to underestimate. They are bred with intelligence and tactical thinking in mind. Their greatest weakness, like with all Winnowers, is their pride and belief that all other races cannot match them.

RP Theme Song X3:
<iframe width="642" height="392" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UJjscA9Zvcw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Players are going to be playing the Space Corps Soldiers remaining to complete the mission. This will be a mix of Naval, and ground Operations. The Space Forces are integrated so there would be multiple Alien Races fighting against the Winnower, a Genetically engineered Race of Soldiers.

This will be a Freeform RP.

Kadigan

Lustful Bride

There are a few races in the comic that exist and you can use if you wish but otherwise no not really. Its up to you to make an alien/their backstory or use a Human if you want.

deadmanshand

Color me interested. I'll make some time to read the comic when I get home tonight. Probably won't get a character idea out here till Saturday - provided the series ends up suiting my tastes.

Mac84

It is a fairly quick read, but I thoroughly Enjoy it. You can get through what is posted in a night.

Juggtacular

Mac84

Chreestafer

Definitely want in on this one :)

Any chance of allowing someone outside of the corps to be swept up in the hustle and bustle? Thinking maybe the cliche bounty hunter gone good, or maybe a mercenary for higher...
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Mac84

Hey Chreestafer,

Hmmm, I'm not sure how we can make such a role. The Winnower tend to scour their controlled space clean, and story takes place deep inside Enemy controlled space.

Also working on smaller scenarios that would affect the Group's "Attention".

Roles:
Fleet group Commander/Ship's captain
Strike group Commander/ Ground Forces leader
Ship's crew (Helm, Gunnery, nagivation, Sensors)
Ground Force soldiers(Infantrymen, Demo, Heavy Weapons, sniper) 

I have been Reminded that There will be Vehicles for the ground forces to cause mayhem in ;D

TheBlackThrone

I may be interested in making a heavy. I'm going to read the comic first though.

And I finished reading it. Very nostalgic... :-)
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Lustful Bride

Lucifia

Oo now this is interesting:D! Lucifia here:), hello all. Just a few question come to mind. In the comics there aren't that many female solders, I'm assuming there will be space for some here. This IS an erotic/adult rp site. Is this rp simply for the adult element, or are there erotic elements too?

Are there any 'species' that are off limits?
Atheism is a Religion... Like Abstinence is a Sex Position...like Bald is a Hair Style... like Single is a relationship...like Fasting is a Meal...It's NOT!

Check out my RP request section and browse my best of' characters!

Also, Check out my Ons and Offs!

I also have an F-List!

Lustful Bride

Just the Winnowers. They are all evil, you cant have one seeing the errors of his ways and switching. They all believe in the cause (as they are programed from birth to) and wont see the light.

Otherwise play as you wish. As for erotic Elements...hmmm.....id have to ask my co author and see if we have decided on that.

Mac84

Lustful has it correct. Winnowers are the only Off-limits species cause they're all genetically engineered to fanatical.

Think of them like the Nazi SS.

Yes, there is plenty of room for Female Soldiers, and sailors.

Please Specify what you mean by "Erotic" elements? Are you referring to simply sex?

If so, then Yes. Sex is not off the table. This is an Adult sight after all. :D

Lucifia

Thats cool, I'll probably bring a one of my Sci-fi crew on as my character (see my rp request thread for the list). No worries if there is no erotic element. I'm happy to have a non-sex rp for once:P...now whom will i choose... so many options...6 actually.
Atheism is a Religion... Like Abstinence is a Sex Position...like Bald is a Hair Style... like Single is a relationship...like Fasting is a Meal...It's NOT!

Check out my RP request section and browse my best of' characters!

Also, Check out my Ons and Offs!

I also have an F-List!

Mac84

You're allowed multiple characters, Lucifia. So long as you can keep a handle on all of them. ;D

Chreestafer

Quote from: Mac84 on September 07, 2014, 07:51:01 PM
You're allowed multiple characters, Lucifia. So long as you can keep a handle on all of them. ;D

I may work with 2 characters as well, I'm still torn between two ideas.  A lizard like character who is big into heavy arms.  Or a trans human (or other race) who works as an engineer or pilot

Not quite sure yet
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

TheBlackThrone

Ashka Inwolin
Race: Her people in alien tongue are known as the Karmona, but to humans they are called, “Sirens.”
Service: Navy
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Personality: Ashka is overall a kind and respectful woman. She enjoys the company of gentlemen and ladies, and can be quite the girlfriend when she’s out of uniform. She is always looking after her crew, especially her females, and is often the go-to-girl when it comes to drama. Her shipmates often come to her talking about men, human and alien, and she secretly wishes that she can talk about men as they do. After a few disappointing relationships, she’s on the verge of giving up.

In uniform, Ashka is a completely different woman. She knows how to take charge and carry out her duties as expected of her by her captain and those appointed over her. She isn’t against disciplining those who’s foolishness extends outside regulation. She is an admirable NCO and very reliable shipmate.

Appearance: Ashka is 5’6” and 142 lbs. Her body is lightly muscled with an hour-glass figure and full C-cup bosom. She doesn’t exactly have the body of an athlete for her people are not known for their physical strength. She braids her dark brown hair into a long braid and wraps it four times into a cylindrical crown upon her head. The dark pigmentation about her eyes make her blue irises stand-out in a hypnotic allure. Her lips are slightly full, adding to her exotic and youthful appearance.

Background: (The focus is mostly on the Karmona women. I don’t feel a need to describe the men since I’m not playing a male from that planet).

The Karmona or Siren are a race of people who are humanoid in appearance except for the intricate pigments that stipple their faces in the form of scales. Their complexion is very bright and fair often of shades of grey or white. Their hair naturally grows to surpass their backside in length and so the Siren women tend to wrap their hair about their heads in braid-like crowns or tiaras.

A very distinct trait of the Karmona is that they are incapable of verbal speech. Their primary method of communication is by strong telepathic linkages, much like a network. They can broadcast their speech to a single mind or to several minds at once. Being as their mind is the sole method of direct communication, their brains are very powerful, granting them psychokinetic abilities that surpass most creatures and can barricade others from their minds. Although, the Karmona are strong in mind, they are weak in body. Their mortality is no better than that of humans.

Their other name, Siren, was given to them for their beautiful voices. When the Karmona open their mouths, the purest of sounds resonate from them. No human has ever heard an angel, but the voice of a Karmona female is the closest they envision.

Ashka hails from the planet Dib (D’eeb). It is a very green planet much like earth but much more tropical. Water is abundant to feed the plant-life, and the Karmona live in harmony with the flora. The flora on Dib can be very carnivorous. There are very few fauna that coexist with the beautiful yet vicious vegetation. The Karmona are said to sing to the plants, and soothed by their voices, the plants obey them.

Dib’s defenses weren’t strong enough to hold back the Winnower threat. The totalitarians burned the forests of Ashka’s home planet and imprisoned her people. It wasn’t until the Space Corps arrived that she and her people were freed and the Winnowers chased from her planet. Awed by the brother and sisterhood shared between alien and human, Ashka joined the ranks of the Space Corps and worked her way up to Chief.

Specializations: Navigation System, Communications, Small Arms, Shuttle Rescue/Extraction, and Drop.

Alien Abilities:

Psychokinesis – Passive abilities bear no consequence to perform. Active abilities, however, do:

Telepathy – Ashka can project her thoughts into the minds of others as a form of communication. She cannot read the thoughts of others, such as breach one’s mind to delve into their secrets. However, one can reach out to her using their thoughts, if ever one desires private conversation. One may try and receive no response. That doesn’t mean she isn’t listening. She may just be ignoring you. Ashka doesn’t like for anyone to talk to her on such a private link without her permission. It is considered a breach of personal space. (Passive)

Thought Implantation – Known to the humans as a form of “Jedi mind trick,” it is where Ashka can change the train of thought of a weak-minded being (usually ones with an unstable personality that veers from the norm, persons taking psychoactive drugs, those suffering depression, or those who simply are unaware of Karmona powers). She will simply implant a new thought into their mind, which will interrupt that being’s current train of thought and often lead them to carry out the new one. It usually takes ten minutes for the implanted thought to vanish, which will leave the person confused and finding difficulty remembering what they had been doing before or what they very well may have been planning to do. She cannot force someone to perform acts that they wouldn’t willing do such as suicide for example. The thoughts must be harmless so they can go undetected, but just because they are harmless doesn’t mean that she can’t have someone walk into harm’s way. (Passive)

Psychic Blast – Ashka can repel enemies within a five-foot radius away from her with a concussive blast of telekinetic power. The concussive power behind the blast can knock several beings unconscious for it is not only a physical blow but a mental blow. She can only perform such an ability under stressful situations where her brain is running at its highest capacity. To perform such an ability while not under stress can be disorienting and make her feel light-headed and faint. Also, performing this ability consecutively can place too much stress on her brain and make her faint. Thus, she only uses this ability sparingly. (Active)

Telekinesis – This is Ashka’s most powerful skill. It is both an active and passive ability, and the situations are explained. She will use this ability when floating small objects to her or around the room. These are small, handheld objects, and nothing that would denote inhuman strength to carry. That is how she uses it passively. Actively, she can halt most aliens and humans where they stand. To be able to lift objects greater than what human strength can carry, requires absolute concentration. She must remain solitary and focus on the current task. In the war on her planet, the Sirens gathered in groups and using their collected focus were able to down a Winnower drop ship. It is believed that if the entire nation gathered and centered their focus as a collective that they could take down a Winnower battleship. The decimation of her planet and people was a covert strike for such reasons. Not even the Winnowers underestimated her species.

In a support setting, again actively, Ashka can provide support for ground forces by directing the projection of their firepower to ensure that every slug hits their mark if not critically. (Passive/Active)
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Rel Mayer

pendarious

*stumbles in sleepily* ahhh........sorry I'm so late to this part Bride..Mac I got a little lost somewhere in the galaxy along the way.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Mac84

Rel Mayer

Right now I'm sort of watching everyone's characters get built so I can get a better understanding of the setting and how the different corps work. Also the roles within. :)

So, don't mind me while I creepily watch for the time being and ask any questions that pop to my mind.

Mac84

If you want a good  way to pick up the world, I strongly suggest reading the Webcomic. It is very good, and fairly quick read at this point as it is still expanding.

here is the link:http://spacecorpscomic.com/wordpress/comic/space-corps-0-cover/

As for the Naval Portion, i'm thinking of a small flotilla surrounding a Assault Landing Vessel. Perhaps a couple of Destroyers, and a Cruiser for protection. Nothing to big to avoid attention.

Chreestafer

Kk just read the comics, and might I say they were really cool and I can't wait for the next ones. 

I'm going to work on my characters asap and have them over for approval  :)
Ons and Offs
F-List