Seeking Legendary Monsters (3.5 DnD, lots custom rules)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, April 08, 2015, 05:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schnookums

Gotcha. Just need to pick my "martial" class progression. Might just go rogue just for the skill points but feels kind of...meh. I'm guessing the bonus feat that can be an epic feat, we still need to meet all prerequisites? It does limit our choices but what can ya do?

PaleEnchantress

Is the game actually going on right now to the point that as soon as my character is ready and approved I can start playing?
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

CeruleanSerenity

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 13, 2015, 06:43:56 PM
Damn mother took over computer for much longer than I expected -_-

Anycase I am case by case basis okay with GUCK stuff and I allow a chainmail bikini rules (I got PDF of it somewhere, it's just special armor which needs feat invested in it so you add penalties for foes attacks vs you because your near naked). Anycase I approve the kiss metamagic feat.

Anycase any rules presented for sex in GUCK or BoEF are not used, we use my EP system as everyone uses them.
All right. Thank you. That kiss metamagic feat does sound nice, then... and I will have to skim over the rest (and ask in case there's a better way of doing any effects I want).

I'm still making slow progress on my sheet... skills are giving me a bit of a headache at the moment. With the way class skills work, I kind of feel like I need to juggle levels to get the most out of them, but that seems like a lot of work and the prospect of it is a bit intimidating. Is there something I'm missing that makes this easier than it sounds, or a better way to do this? I'm pretty sure my character's martial path will be Chaos Monk 8/Paladin of Freedom 4 and her magic path will be Bard 9/Sublime Chord 3... since the magic path has to be done that way, maybe I should just take the levels in that order and not worry about whatever Chaos Monk skills are left behind?

Kunoichi

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on April 14, 2015, 03:17:51 AM
Is the game actually going on right now to the point that as soon as my character is ready and approved I can start playing?

It is, though you'll also have to wait for Zaer to give your character a solo thread.

Quote from: CeruleanSerenity on April 14, 2015, 10:43:16 AM
All right. Thank you. That kiss metamagic feat does sound nice, then... and I will have to skim over the rest (and ask in case there's a better way of doing any effects I want).

I'm still making slow progress on my sheet... skills are giving me a bit of a headache at the moment. With the way class skills work, I kind of feel like I need to juggle levels to get the most out of them, but that seems like a lot of work and the prospect of it is a bit intimidating. Is there something I'm missing that makes this easier than it sounds, or a better way to do this? I'm pretty sure my character's martial path will be Chaos Monk 8/Paladin of Freedom 4 and her magic path will be Bard 9/Sublime Chord 3... since the magic path has to be done that way, maybe I should just take the levels in that order and not worry about whatever Chaos Monk skills are left behind?

It probably would be a good idea to take a look at which skills you'll have available for all 12 levels of your build and invest in those first, yes.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on April 14, 2015, 03:17:51 AM

Yeah, Kunoichi is correct in that you can start asap but I start first with solo thread.

CeruleanSerenity: Count first how much SP you get per level when taken all upgrades to Int and so forth and what is best SP progress in two classes (and calculate). If you have 20 SP and then you check the class with most levels in it to calculate does it have even 20 class skills (if not, then combo in class skills from other class into it). Then calculate which 20 skills you want absolutely have max ranks until classes start to differ. Then same process with when enter other classes.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 14, 2015, 01:40:08 PM
Yeah, Kunoichi is correct in that you can start asap but I start first with solo thread.

CeruleanSerenity: Count first how much SP you get per level when taken all upgrades to Int and so forth and what is best SP progress in two classes (and calculate). If you have 20 SP and then you check the class with most levels in it to calculate does it have even 20 class skills (if not, then combo in class skills from other class into it). Then calculate which 20 skills you want absolutely have max ranks until classes start to differ. Then same process with when enter other classes.

Grooovy! Im almost done too. for skills list I find it easier to just list my ranks since modifiers for them change so much

PaleEnchantress

I think my character is now finished, at least to the point of being ready for DM review and playing. Take a look Zaer!

If you need the link
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=227047.msg11153765#msg11153765

Zaer Darkwail

Looks okay to me....however it misses one point; what point she ascended to legendary? When she became vampire lord upon drinking bloody tears of goddess statue? A some kind monumental moment is needed.

TheGlyphstone

Pale, that's the most blatantly and unapologetically Freudian magic item I've ever seen. Just saying. ;D

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 14, 2015, 08:34:18 PM
Looks okay to me....however it misses one point; what point she ascended to legendary? When she became vampire lord upon drinking bloody tears of goddess statue? A some kind monumental moment is needed.

That was supposed to be the Catalyst yes. Though it's supposed to be ambiguous if it was Zon-Kuthon or Sune's doing (or both). Im leaving that open as a future plot hook the dm may utilize.

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 14, 2015, 08:56:21 PM
Pale, that's the most blatantly and unapologetically Freudian magic item I've ever seen. Just saying. ;D

Partly the point =P Thanks <3

Zaer Darkwail

Well, add your char in charsheet thread Pale and post in OOC and I get work tomorrow on your solo thread.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 14, 2015, 09:35:25 PM
Well, add your char in charsheet thread Pale and post in OOC and I get work tomorrow on your solo thread.

How DELICIOUS! If you're DMing I guess ill go with a female that has a cock and cunt.

Zaer Darkwail

Also as Illumian remember you have floating sigils around your head unless pull them off :P.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 14, 2015, 09:37:55 PM
Also as Illumian remember you have floating sigils around your head unless pull them off :P.

Eldritch script floating atop her head shaped like the front of a crown, giving off a foul violet luminescence. 

PaleEnchantress

CeruleanSerenity

And here's my character sheet in progress...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Kanta, Pleasure's Patron
CG Medium Outsider (Extraplanar, Good)
Chaos Monk 8/Paladin of Freedom 4 | Bard 10/Sublime Chord 2 | Radiant Movanic Deva
Init +14; Senses darkvision 60 ft, low light vision
         Spot +34, Listen +34
Languages Can speak and understand the language of any intelligent creature as though under the effect of tongues (CL 29th)

AC 80, touch 72, flat-footed 66
   (+8 natural, +14 dexterity, +12 insight, +12 luck, +23 Cha, +1 Monk)
hp 348 (4d10 + 8d8 HD + 244); fast-healing 20 DR 10/Epic
Immune acid, cold, electricity, blindness, daze, dazzle, stun, disease
Resist fire 20; SR 55
Fort +48 (+4 against poison), Ref +45, Will +48 (+2 against Enchantment spells and effects)

Speed 140 ft., fly 290 ft (good)
Melee: +47/+42/+37
Ranged: +51/+46/+41
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Base Atk +12/+7/+2  Grp +20
Atk Options  Full attack: +52/+47/+42 (2d8+74 each with Insightful Strike, +59 without) + Snap Kick: +52 (2d8+69 with Insightful Strike, +54 without); Flailing Strike (+1d4 attacks at highest attack bonus, -1 to each attack roll that action); EP attack x4+1d4 (2d8+84 each with Insightful Strike, +69 without); All damage assumes that Motivate Ardor is active, providing +1
Combat Gear:
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 27th, DC ??+spell level)
   At will--aid, consecrate, continual flame, create food and water, death ward, detect evil, discern lies, prayer, protection from arrows (CL 27);
   3/day--greater dispel magic, haste, see invisibility (15 CL); atonement, bless weapon, cure serious wounds, daylight, divination, ethereal jaunt, hallow, holy smite, neutralize poison, plane shift, remove curse, remove disease, remove fear (CL 27); color spray, blur (CL 27);
   1/day--commune, raise dead (CL 27); mirror image, searing light, freedom of movement, rainbow pattern (CL 27);
Bard Spellcasting (CL 12th, DC 33+spell level)
   0--3/day; detect magic, mage hand, mending, message, prestidigitation, read magic
   1st--8/day; grease, improvisation, phantasmal threat, vision of exquisite pleasure
   2nd--8/day; circle dance, know vulnerabilities, mesmerizing glare, whispering wind
   3rd--7/day; cure serious wounds, orgasmic vibrations, pillow talk, scrying
   4th--5/day; mass vision of exquisite pleasure, voice of the dragon
Sublime Chord Spellcasting (CL 12th, DC 33+spell level)
   4th--7/day; attune form, dimension door, greater invisibility, resilient sphere
   5th--6/day; lesser planar binding, persistent image

Abilities: Str 30 (+10), Dex 38 (+14), Con 30 (+10), Int 40 (+15), Wis 28 (+9), Cha 56 (+23) (+1 to Int and Cha at levels 4, 8, and 12)
Special Attacks:
Special Qualities:
Skills: Bluff 15 ranks (+50), Concentration 15 ranks (+35), Decipher Script 15 ranks (+40), Diplomacy 15 ranks (+57), Escape Artist 11 ranks (+35), Gather Information 13 ranks (+46), Handle Animal 10 ranks (+43), Heal 10 ranks (+29), Hide 0 ranks (+16), Intimidate 0 ranks (+35), Knowledge (Arcana) 15 ranks (+40), Knowledge (Nature) 15 ranks (+40), Knowledge (Religion) 15 ranks (+40), Knowledge (The Planes) 15 ranks (+40), Listen 15 ranks (+34), Perform (Sexual Techniques) 15 ranks (+48), Profession (Astrologer) 6 ranks (+31), Ride 10 ranks (+36), Sense Motive 15 ranks (+36), Spot 15 ranks (+38), Spellcraft 15 ranks (+42), Swim 13 ranks (+33), Tumble 10 ranks (+34), Use Magic Device 13 ranks (+46)
Skill Tricks:
Feats: Improved Unarmed Strike (B), Stunning Fist (B), Weapon Finesse (B), Sexy Kung Fu (1st), Combat Reflexes (B), Kiss Spell (3rd), Improved Disarm (B), Skill Focus (Diplomacy) (B), Snap Kick (5th), Eschew Materials (7th), Arcane Preparation (9th), Leadership (11th), Epic Leadership (Paragon)
Equipment
100 GP remaining
Necklace of natural weapons (Unarmed) +5 50,600 GP
Ring of freedom of movement 40,000 GP; Wearer is always under the effects of the freedom of movement spell.
Figurine of wondrous power, silver raven 3,800 GP; Can transform into a raven for up to 24 hours per week, obeying the commands of its owner and delivering messages as per the animal messenger spell.
Strongarm bracers 6,000 GP; Deal unarmed damage as if one size category larger
Band of Eternal Beauty

Cloak of charisma +6 36,000 GP
Ring of sustenance 2,500 GP; Provides the wearer with life-sustaining nourishment, and be fully refreshed after only 2 hours of sleep. Must be worn for a week to take effect.
Cloak of resistance +5 25,000 GP
Ruby cincture of immutability 12,000 GP; Once per day, you can instantly counter any effect that would significantly change your bodily form or composition, such as polymorph, petrification, disintegration, and transformative effects such as the touch of an aboleth’s tentacle or a chaos beast’s attack.
Ioun Stone, Iridescent 18,000 GP; Can survive without air
Amulet of Wordtwisting 6,000 GP; +2 insight bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, and Sense Motive

This silver ring is a thing of brilliant beauty, its pure metal interwoven with a lock of hair from Sune herself and studded with jewels forged from the perspiration of a celestial nymph at the height of climax. The band of eternal beauty imparts its divine perfection when worn, enhancing his or her beauty and desirability, providing freedom from mundane needs, and protection from that which might mar this newfound perfection.

Racial/Template Abilities

Dazzling Beauty (Su): Your beauty is a thing of divine perfection, such that those who witness it can hardly tear their eyes away. Those within 30 feet of you must make a Will save (DC 39; 10+1/2 creature's racial Hit Dice + creature's Charisma modifier) or be dazzled for 1d6 rounds, suffering a -14 penalty on attack rolls, Search checks, and Spot checks. Other radiant creatures are immune to this effect. Although not a gaze attack in the usual sense this ability uses the same rules for making attacks and avoiding its effects (see Gaze Attack) Thus, a creature can attempt to look away or close its eyes to avoid the effects of this ability.

Spell like Abilities: A radiant creature with an Intelligence or Wisdom score of 8 or higher has spell-like abilities depending on its Hit Dice, listed above.

Special Qualities: Cannot be blinded, dazed, dazzled, or stunned.

Abilities: Increase from the base creature as follows: +4 Dex, +6 Cha.

Skills: Radiant creatures suffer a -8 penalty on Hide checks, die to their rainbow aura, and they have a +4 racial bonus on Spot checks.

Outsider Traits: A deva has darkvision (60-foot range). It cannot be raised or resurrected (though a wish or miracle spell can restore life).

Celestial Traits: A celestial can speak with any creature that has a language as though using a tongues spell (caster level 29th, always active). It is immune to petrification attacks, and it has low-light vision, darkvision (60 feet), and a +4 racial bonus on Fortitude saves against poison. As an outsider, it cannot be raised or resurrected (though a wish or miracle spell can restore life).

Immunities (Ex): Devas are immune to acid, cold, and electricity.

Protective Aura (Su): As a free action, a deva can surround itself with a nimbus of light that has a radius of 20 feet. This aura acts as a double-strength magic circle against evil and as a minor globe of invulnerability, both as cast by a sorcerer whose level is equal to the deva’s Hit Dice+15. The aura can be dispelled, but the deva can create it again as a free action on its next turn.

Divine Equilibrium (Ex): Movanic devas are immune to the effects of negative-dominant or positive-dominant planar energy traits (see Chapter 1 in Manual of the Planes).

Heavenly Deflection (Su): Once per round as a free action, a movanic deva can deflect ranged attacks and certain spells by batting them away. When a ranged attack, ray, or single-target spell would ordinarily hit or affect the deva, the deva can make a Reflex saving throw against a base DC of 20. If the ranged weapon has an enhancement bonus, the DC increases by that amount. If the attack is from a spell, the spell level is added to the base DC. If the deva succeeds, it deflects the attack. Deflected spells are negated as if counterspelled. The deva must be aware of an attack in order to have a chance to deflect it.

Change Shape: A movanic deva can assume the form of any Small or Medium humanoid.

Soothing Presence of Nature (Ex): Movanic devas have a calm spirit that is pleasing to inhabitants of the natural world. Unless magically compelled to do so, no plant or animal will attack a movanic deva.

HD: A paragon creature always has maximum hit points. Paragon creatures also gain an additional 12 hit points per HD.

Speed: A paragon creature’s speed triples, for all movement types.

AC: Paragon creatures gain a +12 insight bonus to AC and a +12 luck bonus to AC. They also gain a +5 natural armor bonus (if the creature already has natural armor, use whichever is better).

Attacks: A paragon creature makes all its attacks with a +25 luck bonus on the attack roll.

Damage: A paragon creature gains a +20 luck bonus on Damage rolls for all melee and thrown ranged attacks.

Special Abilities: A paragon creature’s special attacks, if any, all gain a +13 insight bonus, if applicable. The +13 insight bonus may only be applied to a given special ability once.

Spell-Like Abilities (Sp) or Psionics (Sp): If the base creature has spell-like abilities, it gains +15 to its caster level to use those abilities. A paragon creature also gains the ability to use greater dispel magic, haste, and see invisibility three times per day, even if it did not have spell-like abilities before, at 15th caster level.

Special Qualities: A paragon creature retains all the special qualities of the base creature and also gains the following.

Damage reduction 10/epic. If the creature already possesses Damage reduction, use whichever is better.

Spell Resistance equal to the paragon creature’s CR +25. If the creature already possesses spell resistance, use whichever is higher.

Fast healing 20. If the creature already possesses fast healing, use whichever is better.

A paragon creature’s natural weapons are treated as epic for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Saves: The paragon creature gains a +10 insight bonus on all its saving throws.

All ability scores are 15 points higher than those of the base creature.

Skills: The paragon creature gains a +10 competence bonus on all its skill checks.

Feats: Same as the base creature, plus one bonus feat.
Chaos Monk abilities

Bonus Feats: Improved Unarmed Strike , Stunning Fist , Combat Reflexes, Improved Disarm

Flailing Strike (Ex): As part of a full attack action, take a -1 penalty to all attacks to make 1d4 additional attacks at your highest attack bonus.

AC Bonus (Ex): When unarmored and unencumbered, the monk adds her Wisdom bonus (if any) to her AC. In addition, a monk gains a +1 bonus to AC at 5th level. This bonus increases by 1 for every five monk levels thereafter (+2 at 10th, +3 at 15th, and +4 at 20th level). These bonuses to AC apply even against touch attacks or when the monk is flat-footed. She loses these bonuses when she is immobilized or helpless, when she wears any armor, when she carries a shield, or when she carries a medium or heavy load.

Evasion (Ex): At 2nd level or higher if a monk makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, she instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if a monk is wearing light armor or no armor. A helpless monk does not gain the benefit of evasion.

Unarmed Strike: At 1st level, a monk gains Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat. A monk’s attacks may be with either fist interchangeably or even from elbows, knees, and feet. This means that a monk may even make unarmed strikes with her hands full. There is no such thing as an off-hand attack for a monk striking unarmed. A monk may thus apply her full Strength bonus on damage rolls for all her unarmed strikes. Usually a monk’s unarmed strikes deal lethal damage, but she can choose to deal nonlethal damage instead with no penalty on her attack roll. She has the same choice to deal lethal or nonlethal damage while grappling. A monk’s unarmed strike is treated both as a manufactured weapon and a natural weapon for the purpose of spells and effects that enhance or improve either manufactured weapons or natural weapons. A monk also deals more damage with her unarmed strikes than a normal person would, as shown on Table: The Monk. The unarmed damage on Table: The Monk is for Medium monks. A Small monk deals less damage than the amount given there with her unarmed attacks, while a Large monk deals more damage; see Table: Small or Large Monk Unarmed Damage.

Still Mind (Ex): A monk of 3rd level or higher gains a +2 bonus on saving throws against spells and effects from the school of enchantment.

Fast Movement (+20 ft.) (Ex): At 3rd level, a monk gains an enhancement bonus to her speed, as shown on Table: The Monk. A monk in armor or carrying a medium or heavy load loses this extra speed.

Ki Strike (Su): At 4th level, a monk’s unarmed attacks and attacks with monk weapons are empowered with ki. They are treated as magic weapons for the purpose of dealing damage to creatures with damage reduction. Ki strike improves with the character’s monk level. At 10th level, her attacks are also treated as lawful weapons for the purpose of dealing damage to creatures with damage reduction. At 16th level, her attacks are treated as adamantine weapons for the purpose of dealing damage to creatures with damage reduction and bypassing hardness.

Slow Fall (40 ft.) (Ex): At 4th level or higher, a monk within arm’s reach of a wall can use it to slow her descent. When first using this ability, she takes damage as if the fall were 20 feet shorter than it actually is. The monk’s ability to slow her fall (that is, to reduce the effective distance of the fall when next to a wall) improves with her monk level until at 20th level she can use a nearby wall to slow her descent and fall any distance without harm.

Erratic Advance (Ex): A number of times per day equal to your Charisma modifier (+23), you may activate this ability during a charge, forcing the opponent to make a DC 31 (10 + Chaos Monk level + Paragon bonus) Will save or be dazed for 1 round.

Displacing Stance (Sp): 4 rounds per day, you may make your movements so wild and unpredictable that you partially displace yourself, giving enemies a 20% miss chance. This ability requires a standard action to activate.

8th: Monk Weapon Mastery: Allows use charisma bonus besides strength (or int if finessable) for weapon damage rolls with monk weapons and unarmed strikes. In 11th level damage dice grows by one with chosen monk weapons and it grows again in 15th level.

---

Weapon Finesse (Ex): Gain Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat.

Grace (Ex): Gain a +1 bonus on Reflex saves when not wearing medium or heavy armor or carrying a medium or heavy load.

Dodge Bonus (Ex): During your action, you may designate an opponent and receive a +1 dodge bonus against melee attacks from that opponent. You lose this ability when wearing medium or heavy armor or carrying a medium or heavy load.

Insightful Strike (Ex): You may apply your Charisma bonus to damage rolls with light or finesse weapons in addition to your Strength bonus against enemies vulnerable to critical hits and sneak attacks.

Acrobatic Charge (Ex): You may charge over difficult terrain that normally slows movement, or allies blocking your path, possibly allowing you to run down steep stairs, leap from a balcony, or tumble over tables to get to your target. This may still require Jump or Tumble checks.

Improved Flanking (Ex): Gain a +4 bonus to attacks against flanked opponents, rather than the usual +2.
Paladin of Freedom abilities

Aura of Good (Ex): The power of a paladin’s aura of good (see the detect good spell) is equal to her paladin level.

Detect Evil (Sp):
At will, a paladin can use detect evil, as the spell. 

Smite Evil (Su): Once per day, a paladin may attempt to smite evil with one normal melee attack. She adds her Charisma bonus (if any) to her attack roll and deals 1 extra point of damage per paladin level. If the paladin accidentally smites a creature that is not evil, the smite has no effect, but the ability is still used up for that day. At 5th level, and at every five levels thereafter, the paladin may smite evil one additional time per day, as indicated on Table: The Paladin, to a maximum of five times per day at 20th level.

Divine Grace (Su):
At 2nd level, a paladin gains a bonus equal to her Charisma bonus (if any) on all saving throws.

Lay on Hands (Su): Beginning at 2nd level, a paladin with a Charisma score of 12 or higher can heal wounds (her own or those of others) by touch. Each day she can heal a total number of hit points of damage equal to her paladin level × her Charisma bonus. A paladin may choose to divide her healing among multiple recipients, and she doesn’t have to use it all at once. Using lay on hands is a standard action. Alternatively, a paladin can use any or all of this healing power to deal damage to undead creatures. Using lay on hands in this way requires a successful melee touch attack and doesn’t provoke an attack of opportunity. The paladin decides how many of her daily allotment of points to use as damage after successfully touching an undead creature.

Aura of Resolve (Su):
Beginning at 3rd level, a paladin of freedom is immune to compulsion effects. Each ally within 10 feet of him gains a +4 morale bonus on saving throws against compulsion effects. This ability otherwise functions identically to the paladin's aura of courage class feature.

Divine Health (Ex): At 3rd level, a paladin gains immunity to all diseases, including supernatural and magical diseases.

Turn Undead (Su): When a paladin reaches 4th level, she gains the supernatural ability to turn undead. She may use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + her Charisma modifier. She turns undead as a cleric of three levels lower would.

---

Gain Skill Focus (Diplomacy) as a bonus feat.

Aura: Auras affect all allies within 60 feet who can hear the marshal, share a language, and have at least 3 Intelligence. Auras can be activated as a swift action and dismissed as a free action, provides a bonus equal to the marshal's Charisma modifier in the case of a minor aura or +1 in the case of a major aura, and ends if the marshal is dazed, unconscious, stunned, paralyzed, or otherwise incapacitated. The marshal can maintain one minor aura and one major aura at a time.

Motivate Charisma (Minor Aura): Bonus applies to Charisma rolls and Charisma-based skill checks.
Master of Tactics (Minor Aura): Bonus applies to damage rolls while flanking.
Motivate Ardor (Major Aura): +1 to damage rolls.

Grant Move Action 1/day: As a standard action, the marshal grants all other allies within 30 feet a free immediate move action.
Bard abilities

Bardic Knowledge: A bard may make a special bardic knowledge check with a bonus equal to his bard level + sublime chord level + his Intelligence modifier to see whether he knows some relevant information about local notable people, legendary items, or noteworthy places. (If the bard has 5 or more ranks in Knowledge (history), he gains a +2 bonus on this check.) A successful bardic knowledge check will not reveal the powers of a magic item but may give a hint as to its general function. A bard may not take 10 or take 20 on this check; this sort of knowledge is essentially random.

Bardic Music: Once per day per bard level (plus 1/2 sublime chord level), a bard can use his song or poetics to produce magical effects on those around him (usually including himself, if desired). While these abilities fall under the category of bardic music and the descriptions discuss singing or playing instruments, they can all be activated by reciting poetry, chanting, singing lyrical songs, singing melodies, whistling, playing an instrument, or playing an instrument in combination with some spoken performance. Each ability requires both a minimum bard level and a minimum number of ranks in the Perform skill to qualify; if a bard does not have the required number of ranks in at least one Perform skill, he does not gain the bardic music ability until he acquires the needed ranks. Starting a bardic music effect is a standard action. Some bardic music abilities require concentration, which means the bard must take a standard action each round to maintain the ability. Even while using bardic music that doesn’t require concentration, a bard cannot cast spells, activate magic items by spell completion (such as scrolls), spell trigger (such as wands), or command word. Just as for casting a spell with a verbal component, a deaf bard has a 20% chance to fail when attempting to use bardic music. If he fails, the attempt still counts against his daily limit.

Countersong (Su): A bard with 3 or more ranks in a Perform skill can use his music or poetics to counter magical effects that depend on sound (but not spells that simply have verbal components). Each round of the countersong, he makes a Perform check. Any creature within 30 feet of the bard (including the bard himself) that is affected by a sonic or language-dependent magical attack may use the bard’s Perform check result in place of its saving throw if, after the saving throw is rolled, the Perform check result proves to be higher. If a creature within range of the countersong is already under the effect of a noninstantaneous sonic or language-dependent magical attack, it gains another saving throw against the effect each round it hears the countersong, but it must use the bard’s Perform check result for the save. Countersong has no effect against effects that don’t allow saves. The bard may keep up the countersong for 10 rounds.

Fascinate (Sp): A bard with 3 or more ranks in a Perform skill can use his music or poetics to cause one or more creatures to become fascinated with him. Each creature to be fascinated must be within 90 feet, able to see and hear the bard, and able to pay attention to him. The bard must also be able to see the creature. The distraction of a nearby combat or other dangers prevents the ability from working. For every three levels a bard attains beyond 1st, he can target one additional creature with a single use of this ability. To use the ability, a bard makes a Perform check. His check result is the DC for each affected creature’s Will save against the effect. If a creature’s saving throw succeeds, the bard cannot attempt to fascinate that creature again for 24 hours. If its saving throw fails, the creature sits quietly and listens to the song, taking no other actions, for as long as the bard continues to play and concentrate (up to a maximum of 1 round per bard level). While fascinated, a target takes a -4 penalty on skill checks made as reactions, such as Listen and Spot checks. Any potential threat requires the bard to make another Perform check and allows the creature a new saving throw against a DC equal to the new Perform check result. Any obvious threat, such as someone drawing a weapon, casting a spell, or aiming a ranged weapon at the target, automatically breaks the effect. Fascinate is an enchantment (compulsion), mind-affecting ability.

Inspire Courage (Su): A bard with 3 or more ranks in a Perform skill can use song or poetics to inspire courage in his allies (including himself), bolstering them against fear and improving their combat abilities. To be affected, an ally must be able to hear the bard sing. The effect lasts for as long as the ally hears the bard sing and for 5 rounds thereafter. An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. At 8th level, and every six bard levels thereafter, this bonus increases by 1 (+2 at 8th, +3 at 14th, and +4 at 20th). Inspire courage is a mind-affecting ability.

Inspire Competence (Su): A bard of 3rd level or higher with 6 or more ranks in a Perform skill can use his music or poetics to help an ally succeed at a task. The ally must be within 30 feet and able to see and hear the bard. The bard must also be able to see the ally. The ally gets a +2 competence bonus on skill checks with a particular skill as long as he or she continues to hear the bard’s music. Certain uses of this ability are infeasible. The effect lasts as long as the bard concentrates, up to a maximum of 2 minutes. A bard can’t inspire competence in himself. Inspire competence is a mind-affecting ability.

Suggestion (Sp): A bard of 6th level or higher with 9 or more ranks in a Perform skill can make a suggestion (as the spell) to a creature that he has already fascinated. Using this ability does not break the bard’s concentration on the fascinate effect, nor does it allow a second saving throw against the fascinate effect. Making a suggestion doesn’t count against a bard’s daily limit on bardic music performances. A Will saving throw (DC 10 + ½ bard’s level + bard’s Cha modifier) negates the effect. This ability affects only a single creature (but see mass suggestion, below). Suggestion is an enchantment (compulsion), mind-affecting, language dependent ability.

Inspire Greatness (Su): A bard of 9th level or higher with 12 or more ranks in a Perform skill can use music or poetics to inspire greatness in himself or a single willing ally within 30 feet, granting him or her extra fighting capability. For every three levels a bard attains beyond 9th, he can target one additional ally with a single use of this ability (two at 12th level, three at 15th, four at 18th). To inspire greatness, a bard must sing and an ally must hear him sing. The effect lasts for as long as the ally hears the bard sing and for 5 rounds thereafter. A creature inspired with greatness gains 2 bonus Hit Dice (d10s), the commensurate number of temporary hit points (apply the target’s Constitution modifier, if any, to these bonus Hit Dice), a +2 competence bonus on attack rolls, and a +1 competence bonus on Fortitude saves. The bonus Hit Dice count as regular Hit Dice for determining the effect of spells that are Hit Dice dependant. Inspire greatness is a mind-affecting ability.
Sublime Chord Abilities

Bardic Knowledge: Add your sublime chord level to your bard level when making Bardic Knowledge checks.

Bardic Music: Add 1/2 your sublime chord level to your bard level to determine the number of daily uses of Bardic Music.

Song of Arcane Power (Su): As a move action, you may expend one use of Bardic Music and prepare to cast a spell, rolling a Perform check and improving the spell's caster level depending on the result (+4 max with a result of 30 or higher). The spell must be cast by the end of your next turn, or the bonus is lost.

Cynthea, High Priestess of Pleasure

Size/Type: Medium Human Favored Soul 5/Mystic Wanderer 7
Hit Dice: 348 HP (12d8 + 252)
Initiative: +9
Speed: 90 ft.
Armor Class: 60 (10 base + 12 Charisma + 9 Dex + 12 Insight + 12 Luck + 5 Natural)
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+1
Attack: +38/+33
Full Attack: +38/+33
Space/Reach: 5 ft.
Special Attacks:
Special Qualities: resist fire 10, resist cold 10, DR 10/epic, SR 52, fast healing 20,
Saves: Fort +25, Ref +28, Will +33 (+2 sacred bonus against enchantment (charm) effects)
Abilities: Str 24 (+7), Dex 28 (+9), Con 28 (+9), Int 24 (+7), Wis 34 (+12), Cha 34 (+12)
Skills: Bluff 7 ranks (CC) (+29), Concentration 15 ranks (+34), Craft (Alchemy) 15 ranks (+32), Diplomacy 15 ranks (+37), Heal 15 ranks (+37), Knowledge (Arcana) 13 ranks (+30), Knowledge (Nature) 13 ranks (3 CC) (+30), Perform (Sexual Techniques) 15 ranks (+38), Profession (Herbalist) 9 ranks (+31), Sense Motive 8 ranks (+30), Spellcraft 15 ranks (+32)
Skill Tricks:
Feats: Iron Will (B), Perfect Health (B), Eschew Materials (1st), Kiss Spell (3rd), Deity's Weapon Focus (?) (B),  Arcane Preparation (5th), Otherworldly Countenance (Beauty), (7th), Attune Gem (B), Craft Wondrous Item (9th), Brew Potion (B), Heighten Spell (11th)
Challenge Rating: 27
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Spell-Like Abilities CL 15 (example as if having paragon creature feature)
3/day—greater dispel magic, haste, see invisibility
1/day—sleep, suggestion, charm monster (DC 35 + spell level; 10 + Charisma + Paragon bonus)

Favored Soul Spellcasting (CL 12th, DC 22+spell level)
   0--6/day; amanuensis, create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, detect poison, light, mending, purify food and drink, read magic
   1st--9/day; block the seed, comprehend languages, cure light wounds, resurgence, sanctuary, vision of exquisite pleasure
   2nd--9/day; enthrall, healing lorecall, hold person, lesser restoration, shield other, zone of truth
   3rd--9/day; chain of eyes, create food and water, dispel magic, locate object, remove curse, spark of life
   4th--8/day; assay spell resistance, divine power, neutralize poison, restoration, sheltered vitality
   5th--7/day; break enchantment, hallow, mass vision of exquisite pleasure, true seeing 
   6th--5/day; heal, revive outsider, word of recall

Mystic Wanderer Abilities

Glory of the Divine: Gain +Charisma to AC while unarmored.

Familiar: Gain a familiar as per the Wizard class ability, treating Mystic Wanderer levels as Wizard levels.

Gem Magic: Gain Attune Gem as a bonus feat.

Greater Potion I: Can brew potions as if you have access to all 0 and 1st level wizard spells, leaving a spell slot open and providing any necessary components.

Background

Kanta's beauty and appetite for the physical aspects of love always made her stand out, even among the servants of Sune, goddess of beauty and passion. But though the deva reveled in the attention, her superiors were not always so thrilled with her behavior. When she was so lost in passion in the arms of her fellow angels that she often missed her training, they were silent, understanding. When a message she was to deliver arrived late because she had the recipient collapse from sexual exhaustion before she thought to tell him, they merely sighed and grumbled behind her back. But when her entire regiment never arrived at a key battle because she sparked an orgy that lasted until long after the dust had settled, they had had enough. They petitioned Sune to cast Kanta out before the goddess' entire host forgot their service to the greater good and devolved into an endless orgy of blind lust, and with a heavy heart, she agreed. She turned to Sharess, hoping Kanta could find a fitting place in service of the more sexual goddess, but Sharess, offering nothing but a slight smile as her reasoning, refused. And so Kanta was sent to live in the mortal world.

But Kanta's sadness soon turned to excitement. Finding herself without the distraction and obligation of service for the first time in her life, she was free to follow her lusts to her heart's content - and she jumped on the opportunity without hesitation. Her life became a whirlwind of passion and pleasure everywhere she went, leaving loosened mores and heaps of exhausted lovers in her wake. Many called her a goddess of sex; some even thought it to be true. And though she had tried never to let her beauty go to her head, Kanta found the prospect strangely thrilling. Why shouldn't she be? She was already a celestial being, now without a deity to serve. And she knew what was really best about life, what others truly desire, she thought; concepts like love and platonic beauty were feeling increasingly shallow and superficial to her next to the raw pleasure she found in sex, and she imagined that many others, whether buried deeply in their hearts or not, felt the same.

And so, appointing as her high priestess Cynthea, an insatiable but kindhearted woman Kanta met after she had been driven from her home for her demonic heritage, the deva set out to make her new dream a reality. Aided by her seemingly universal allure, Cynthea's endlessly adoring devotion, and the simple promise of pleasure and the freedom to pursue it, worship of Kanta spread like wildfire. And the gods started to take notice of her again. Some grew jealous as they feared her popularity would grow and she would steal worship they thought belonged to them; others were merely worried, seeing her consorting with a demon-blooded woman and living a life of lust, fearing the angelic woman had fallen to evil. These gods conspired to seal her away before she could ascend to true divinity, locking her in a pocket dimension cast outside of time, leaving her only with her high priestess and one lover of many, Cynthea, out of some small sense of mercy.

And there they stayed, left to drown their loss in their unending lust for each other... but all did not go as planned. The spell used to seal them was designed to contain evil with holy might, and Kanta, despite the all-consuming strength of her desire, remained pure at heart. She earnestly believed that simple pleasure was the greatest good and true freedom was to live one's life in pursuit of it, and the holy energies of the spell, mingling with what prayers had followed her into the void, gradually imbued her body and soul with a perfection and strength that few lesser than the gods could even dream of possessing.

She scarcely noticed it at the time, but somewhere in the back of her lust-numbed mind, she knew: one day her time would come again, and she would show the world true ecstasy.

I still have a good chunk of work ahead of me... I think writing down racial and class abilities, choosing equipment, writing up her backstory, and creating her cohort are the big ones. But it's coming along, and I thought I should post it here in case anyone has any suggestions or corrections to make.

The spells vision of exquisite pleasure, mass vision of exquisite pleasure, pillow talk, and orgasmic vibrations are from the Book of Erotic Fantasy... so I think I'll need permission to use those.

Kunoichi

It might be a good idea to replace Snap Kick and Eschew Materials with some other appropriate feats.  Weren't you planning on taking Otherworldly Countenance, for example?  Another metamagic feat or two could also potentially be useful, like Heighten Spell or Extend Spell.

Hmm, or one potentially big option would be to take Arcane Preparation, which would then give you access to the various Sanctified Spells in the Book of Exalted Deeds.  Those would add some very nice versatility to your spellcasting. ^^

CeruleanSerenity

Eschew Materials is there because I liked the idea that my character wouldn't have to rely on equipment, not carrying much in the way of possessions (or clothing) besides her magic items... it might not be the most useful feat out there, but it is one I have always liked.

I was planning on taking Otherworldly Countenance, but then I found that I didn't have an excess of feats after all... but it does still seem like a good option, and you're right that more metamagic would be useful.

Is Snap Kick not a good choice? I was under the impression it gave me an extra attack, but I might have misread.

And I didn't know about Sanctified Spells... Arcane Preparation does sound like a good choice, now that I do.

Zaer Darkwail

The spells are approved and Snap Kick indeed gives extra attack for you. But Kunoichi may indicate there is better investment for feats than snap kick if physical combat is not going to be your primary focus (although snap kick adds attack in EP combat also).

Zaer Darkwail

Oh, and bit ruling of mine I forgot; you cannot pick epic feats with regular feat slots. Only way to get epic feat is to use paragon creature bonus feat (meaning you got max 1 epic feat but it must be taken as part of paragon creature template). Besides that the beginning looks good to me CeruleanSerenity.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 15, 2015, 08:34:14 AM
Oh, and bit ruling of mine I forgot; you cannot pick epic feats with regular feat slots. Only way to get epic feat is to use paragon creature bonus feat (meaning you got max 1 epic feat but it must be taken as part of paragon creature template). Besides that the beginning looks good to me CeruleanSerenity.

Ah well than that required a quick edit on my part. I have Epic Leadership and Tenacious Spell. Ill drop tenacious spell.

CeruleanSerenity

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 15, 2015, 08:34:14 AM
Oh! I forgot that the template gives a bonus feat... that's good to know. That's one more, at least.

Kunoichi

Ah, good, so you can pick Epic Leadership for your bonus feat, and slot in Arcane Preparation in the spot it once occupied. ^^ I think you'll enjoy using some of those Sanctified spells. ^^

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Kunoichi on April 15, 2015, 11:39:19 AM
Ah, good, so you can pick Epic Leadership for your bonus feat, and slot in Arcane Preparation in the spot it once occupied. ^^ I think you'll enjoy using some of those Sanctified spells. ^^

Speaking of Sanctified Spells, I almost bought a scroll of "Evil Weather (Violet Rain)" to handle any high level positive energy channeling divine casters coming my way but it was a bit to expensive to worry about just yet. I just adore "Love's Pain" though.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, if I face some bothersome heroes I just use this (even if it costs my entire budget) and then bluff I got whole stack of them waiting;