What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

O-o...and what System is this on?

Bayushi

Someone needs to take the caffeine (or crack) away from Sabby.

Sabby

Quote from: Wolfy on January 14, 2011, 12:55:19 AM
O-o...and what System is this on?

PC ^^ came out in '98. First game ever to have ragdoll physics, but it even had GTA4 style procedural physics... that's like they were flying while everyone else was just drawing planes xD

Inkidu

Yeah, I was just going to say I was playing Wing Commander on emulator, but Jesus how do I top the crack-fueled Sabby rant?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

A crack-fueled Sabby is a very dangerous thing...*hides his rump* Believe me...

TheLegionary

Kingdoms of Camelot...this is so addictive!

Wolfy

Gentlemen.....I present to you... Either the Coolest, or Creepiest, piece of collectable game material that will ever be available.

F.E.A.R. 3 Collector - UK

That's right. The Collectors edition of Fear 3 will include A Statue...of a naked Alma. A naked, PREGNANT Alma....and the Fetus glows in the dark.

....Opinions?

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Nadir

Mkay, that video has made me crave an impregnated with evil game. Damnit Wolfy. ¬_¬

I'm playing the Thief series (Gold, Age Of Metal and Deadly Shadows in anticipation for Thi4f) and Minecraft (set on easy because I suck)

Sabby

That was amazing.

I was on a mountain side, in some crumbling Aztec ruins. A T-Rex was lurking outside, pacing and circling, waiting for me to come out. There was a pair of Velociraptors inside, also stalking me. I had with me a Desert Eagle and an AK-47.

I could hear the raptors padding and slinking about, hissing, and when the first one came out of it's hidey hole, I managed to burst fire into it's neck and up to it's head, killing it. I heard the second coming from behind, wheeled my gun about and the end jabbed into it's flank. Pulled the trigger and it staggered sideways, but the next few shots missed and it slipped out. Kept following me, popping out for another go now and then, but it was quick and kept dashing off before I could get a good shot in.

Finally managed to kill it when it jumped out at me, and I couldn't hear the T-Rex stomping, so I left the temple and headed up the hill. Just as I start on the road... the fucker steps out from behind some rocks and roars, mouth open and body lowered, head coming at me like a battering ram.

I tried to get out of the way but it's head slammed my arms and bashed the AK against a rock, taking it out of my hands. It shook it's head and stepped back, while I fumbled to get my Desert Eagle ready. I raise the gun just in time to see it's wide open mouth coming for me.

Bang, bang, bang, the whole clip goes roaring into the roof of it's mouth, jets of blood flying out, rearing back with a snarling wail. I threw the empty gun and ducked under one of it's legs, sprinting down the path. I looked back to see it turning on the spot and hunching to chase me. The cliff side road ahead had collapsed but a fallen pillar was bridging the gap. I got onto it just as it's heavy feet were a few inches away from me, and I heard the stone cracking. When I turned to look, the pillar had fallen away behind me and the T-Rex was scrabbling to backpeddle up the steep ridge. I saw it's head let out one last furious roar before it disappeared from view.

Tonalberry

I just got Skate 3 in from GameFly, and played a bit of it.  It's a fun game, and an alright one, but I guess I've always been more of a fan of the Tony Hawk games.  Maybe it's cause it's easier to do tricks in them than in the Skate series.

Hemingway

I beat Chaos Rising. Without giving in to corruption by the forces of Chaos.

Result?

I feel like playing regular DoW2 - and get my ass to Games Workshop and paint some Space Marines.

Thanks a lot.

zoarster

Quote from: Sabby on January 15, 2011, 02:38:58 PM
That was amazing.

I was on a mountain side, in some crumbling Aztec ruins. A T-Rex was lurking outside, pacing and circling, waiting for me to come out. There was a pair of Velociraptors inside, also stalking me. I had with me a Desert Eagle and an AK-47.

I could hear the raptors padding and slinking about, hissing, and when the first one came out of it's hidey hole, I managed to burst fire into it's neck and up to it's head, killing it. I heard the second coming from behind, wheeled my gun about and the end jabbed into it's flank. Pulled the trigger and it staggered sideways, but the next few shots missed and it slipped out. Kept following me, popping out for another go now and then, but it was quick and kept dashing off before I could get a good shot in.

Finally managed to kill it when it jumped out at me, and I couldn't hear the T-Rex stomping, so I left the temple and headed up the hill. Just as I start on the road... the fucker steps out from behind some rocks and roars, mouth open and body lowered, head coming at me like a battering ram.

I tried to get out of the way but it's head slammed my arms and bashed the AK against a rock, taking it out of my hands. It shook it's head and stepped back, while I fumbled to get my Desert Eagle ready. I raise the gun just in time to see it's wide open mouth coming for me.

Bang, bang, bang, the whole clip goes roaring into the roof of it's mouth, jets of blood flying out, rearing back with a snarling wail. I threw the empty gun and ducked under one of it's legs, sprinting down the path. I looked back to see it turning on the spot and hunching to chase me. The cliff side road ahead had collapsed but a fallen pillar was bridging the gap. I got onto it just as it's heavy feet were a few inches away from me, and I heard the stone cracking. When I turned to look, the pillar had fallen away behind me and the T-Rex was scrabbling to backpeddle up the steep ridge. I saw it's head let out one last furious roar before it disappeared from view.

Ah, Trespasser. Don't forget to mention where the life meter (a filling/emptying tattoo of a heart) is located (on the top of the main character's cleavage). Don't worry, the main character is indeed a chick, not Dennis Nedry from the first JP.

Sabby

Quote from: zoarster on January 15, 2011, 02:47:36 PM
Ah, Trespasser. Don't forget to mention where the life meter (a filling/emptying tattoo of a heart) is located (on the top of the main character's cleavage). Don't worry, the main character is indeed a chick, not Dennis Nedry from the first JP.

Yeah, the game had the makings of a Half Life level of classic. Too bad they never finished it. Feels like an test build :/

Angzyn

Adams and Eves
Cravings:
World of Warcraft
Thundercats (2011)
Legend of Zelda

Swordsman18

Wolfy

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.257106-Pac-Man-Eats-His-Way-Into-a-Reality-TV-Series

That's right people.

A Pac-man Reality Television show.

I'll let that sink in, and the Janitor will be along shortly to clean up your melted minds.

Wolfy

Sabby

...EA. I love your marketing department <3 first the Dante's Inferno fake Church group, and now this... just <3

Wolfy

The one thing I feel bad about?

The kids who won't get to play the game because their mom was in the focus group. :/

Sabby

"Your mom's guna 'medium-disapprove' of Dead Space 2"

<3

Hemingway

Seeing the "rise to power" trailer for Dragon Age 2, it suddenly jumped from "will get, but not a priority" to "must-have".

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on January 16, 2011, 11:06:12 PM
The one thing I feel bad about?

The kids who won't get to play the game because their mom was in the focus group. :/
I bet EA was handing every kid 17 and up a game voucher or something, while their mother mother was in the focus test. :)

I totally intend to walk away emotionally scared. I want to wake up screaming in my sleep! Woo hoo. One of the Game Informer reviewers said his nightmares would be haunted by certain images 'til the day he died.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on January 17, 2011, 08:10:08 PM
I bet EA was handing every kid 17 and up a game voucher or something, while their mother mother was in the focus test. :)

I totally intend to walk away emotionally scared. I want to wake up screaming in my sleep! Woo hoo. One of the Game Informer reviewers said his nightmares would be haunted by certain images 'til the day he died.

I know, right? and it's one of those games where the Single Player didn't suffer at all from the addition of Multiplayer! :D