~Earth's Children Theme based (RP) In progress players always welcome~

Started by Nim, February 23, 2013, 09:25:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nim

Welcome to any and all fans of Jean M Auel's  Earth Children series.  Over the years I have played out several Earth Children themed games in solo form.  Always wondering in the back of my mind what would happen bringing this theme to a group level.  So hear I am reaching out to those Jean M Auel fans out there who would be interested in playing out a long term game set to a tapestry inspired by the master herself.

Yes I will say here that having read at least a couple of the books in the Earth Children series is recommended for playing in this game.  While this game will not revolve directly around the beloved main characters of Jean M Auel's books it will be important to be familiar with both the setting of the story and the types of people who are portrayed within the books. 

Will be looking for 4-10 players before the game starts.  Once there are at least 4 people (myself included) who are interested in playing I'll set up an O.O.C thread where basic plotting and idea sharing will begin.

Thank you for taking the time to read this brief intro to my wish to see an Earth Children themed game born and grown to its fullest potential. 

~Nim~ 

EvilMegaCookie

Nim

Cynadea

I'll give this a shot. It's been a long time since I've read the books though. I might re-read some, once we decide where this will be located.

Looking forward to cooking mammoth meat ;D

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

Nim

~Grins~

Cooking Mammoth meat!  Now your talking my language.  Very happy to see you here! 

Not sure where we might put the story yet but was kind of thinking of extreme because of the hunting scenes.  But I'm always up for suggestions.

Cynadea

Extreme will allow everyone to play as they wish, without forcing them to delve into extreme stuff.

I'll play either a priestess or a girl that's just coming of age. I'll play both if the ratio male/female needs help in that way.

Nim

Thank you Aysanda, yes it is too soon to say just yet for sure but I've already been kind of thinking we all might end up playing at least two characters each depending how many people come to join up.  And both of those rolls sound like they would be really fun for you to play.  One who serves the mother or shaman depending on what side of the glacier we have our game played out on.  hehe

Sarah Morgan

Count me as interested in this too, though it's been a while for me also since I've read any of the ooks, and I have yet to read the last one.  In any case, this is an incentive for me to get reading the series again, and here's hoping we can get a couple others interested too.

Nim

Welcome to the game Sarah!   ;D

Will be creating an O.O.C thread soon so that we can all begin putting our minds together to do a bit of planning.

Nim

Frelance

I have not read all of the books but I am pretty sure I made it through the first three books. I am very interested in doing a roleplay in the universe.
Evolution is an arms race

Cynadea

Hi Frelance. You might want to join the OOC thread. Nim gave the link further up. We've started to discuss the who, when and where...

Frelance

Quote from: Aysande on February 27, 2013, 11:29:00 PM
Hi Frelance. You might want to join the OOC thread. Nim gave the link further up. We've started to discuss the who, when and where...
Thanks, I am reading it over now. I just didn't want to jump into the OOC without posting here first.
Evolution is an arms race

Nim

Hello Frelance

Welcome aboard to the game.  I'll see you in the O.O.C  ;D

Nim

Our Earth's Children game is about ready to kick off.  More players will always be welcome.  Either reply here or PM me with your interest. 

Nim

The story has indeed already begun but more players will always be a welcome addition.  I only ask that anyone wishing to join have a basic idea of the story first set forth in Jean M Auels Children of the Earth series.  As much of this story is based upon the time and setting set forth in her books.  Hope to see you there.