How to correctly burn an ISO file onto a disc.

Started by King_Furby, April 20, 2008, 03:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King_Furby

How do you correctly burn an ISO file onto a disc?

The original C&C Command and Concure was released abandonware for people to put on their computers and play. It's a legal legit thing but i don't know how to burn the ISO file into a disc.

I have tried just burining the ISO, but due to the age of the game it is said you have to explore the disc and tell the setup file to run for windows 95. But when i just burn the plain iso it does not let me explore the disc and won't let me right click the iso and extract either.

I have also extracted the ISO before hand and then just burned the folder onto a disk. But then when i run that it tells me to "run the setup exe from the disc drive" which i was doing.

So does that mean i should just burn all the invididual files in that folder onto the disc direct or what should i do.

Dingo

You extracted the .iso extension file using WinRAR ?

That was a mistake, WinRAR annoyingly recognizes an ISO as one of it's files.

Second thing is, that with the advent of huge harddisks (and I am meaning one that can easilly hold multiple CD's) there is no need to burn disks, unless you want to share them with your friends.

There is always daemon-tools, which you can use to mount your image, and play from there almost directly.

Hunter

ISO burners are easy enough to find.  Are you sure the problem isn't related to the speed of the computer?

King_Furby

Do ISO's require a different burner then just a cd burner? Maybe that is my problem

I will search this daemon-tools thing and see if that works.

Hunter

Dumb question: Did you check to see if you need to run it on a DOS emulator?

Reason I'm asking is that Master of Orion requires a DOS emulator to run correctly and it's about the same age.

King_Furby

Well i don't really know, the read me didn't say to.

But anyhow i got it working now, demon-tools allowed me to play the game.

Thanks Dingo.