Chatroom

Started by Parfait, April 26, 2009, 07:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parfait

Is there anyway to create a channel on the IRC for multiple people to chat on? I have created a roleplay where I'd like the participants to all talk together before we begin :) Is this possible?

HairyHeretic

Its been a while since I used IRC, but as I recall you should be able to create any channel you want, and then just have the people join that. It'll disappear after you all leave it again, but if its just for a one off it should be fine.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Parfait

Hmmm...I shall take a look around! Thank you :)

Xillen

If all of you are approved members, you can use #Ellounge. Simply type /join #Ellounge

You can also create channels of your own. Type /join #Channelname (the # at the start of the channel name is mandatory), and have the others do the same. You best tell them the name of the channel in PM, since anyone can join it. The first one to be in the channel, will be the channel operator, and have full control over the channel.

Also keep in mind that anyone could find out about the channel by means of the /whois and /list commands. A good idea might be to type /mode #channelname +s to make your channel secret. Only the channel operator (the person to be in first) can do so.

If you want to use a specific channel on more than a single incident, it might be wise to register the channel, and put up several additional options. Mention my name on IRC, and if I'm around, I can help you with more advanced features, if you'd like me to.

Xillen

Quote from: Xillen on April 27, 2009, 12:16:43 AMIf all of you are approved members, you can use #Ellounge. Simply type /join #Ellounge.

For clarification, don't type the dot after the channel name.