Assorted & broad ideas

Started by Anathanasia, August 28, 2007, 03:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anathanasia

As usual, I haven't got anything too specific, but I am thinking I'd really like to get involved in another game. Here's some general things that are kinda tickling my fancy lately, please note these are all intended as ongoing games, not simple one off scenes:

Sci-fi/Space Opera: I'd love to get into a good old fashioned space opera or sci-fi game. Not Star-anything, more like the classic Traveller series of games, or even the actual Space Opera game kind of setting (novels that would make good examples are eluding me, beyond some of the stuff in Aasimov's Foundation Trilogy). Medium-science level for accuracy (we can fudge things like FTL and let's have artificial gravity, for example). As for what goes on in this setting, I'm open. It could be military, free traders, pirates, or if it's just me and a GM, maybe a small courier ship, or if we get a handful of players maybe we're the whole crew of a navy corvette, just so long as a starship of some size is central to the story. This is also one of the rare genres and times when I'd be willing to do it freeform, as all the players are either human, or if alien they are about on par with human characters in abilities.

Supers: I'm always game for a good super-hero game, or even super-villain. I definately want a system game for this, be it the old Marvel Superheroes, Heroes Unlimited or Champions. Those are the systems I'm most familiar with. I'd be cool on any setting here (Marvel, DC, original, crossover, you get the idea), so long as the game kinda hinges on what happens to sexy heroines/villainess' when they are defeated...definately NCES section for this one (weird monsters and beasts for sure)! I'd be game for anything from solo to a small group, say four players + a GM tops. Though if it's a group game, we'd probably be best to stick to heroes, eh?

Special Ops/Spy Thriller: Probably the broadest, and most demanding for any GM to run. Modern to near-future (could be Cyberpunk? or even modern-fantasy with magic and elves), definately think Alias and James Bond for the biggest influences, with maybe a dash of Tomb Raider and The Unit. Of course, since it's my game, there's a whole lot of need to explore the mishaps of our sexy protagonist, especially the sexual tortures she's put through when the bad guys capture her and interrogate her. Story is most important, though, even to the point that sexual stuff may not happen, depending on ingenuity and dice...yes, definately system game. I would prefer d20 Modern (I don't have Spycraft, but I could get it, and I hear it's very good), and this is definately a solo game idea.

Or just in general, look at my ONs & OFFs and if you think it'd be fun to try playing with me, please PM me. :)
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

thymoit

Sci-fi/Space Opera:

I've had an idea in the back of my brain for a story set in a classic Traveller universe on a free trader with a bit of Heinlein influence, particularly his story, Citizen of the Galaxy.  I would use the Traveller rules in the background so it would be there if I needed to resolve conflict, but it would play more like freeform with me rolling all the dice.  If this sounds interesting, let me know and we can try to work things out, either as a one-on-one or as a small game with a crew.