[VAN] Two M/M ideas - Space setting & Superhero

Started by Kip, April 24, 2009, 05:12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kip

Hey all - just looking for some M/M games - but my ideas have been snaffled - yay!  Feel free to PM me some if you've got them.

I'm happy to link some existing threads for examples of my writing style... I'm preferably not a short one paragraph style writer.  Please have a look and if either idea interests you, please let me know here or via PM.

Looking forward to hearing from you!!

(1) Time on our hands - Spaceship setting - M/M/....

Based well into the future, spaceships are being sent in many directions with multiple directives - research, discovery and to search for places suitable for human colonisation.  Each spaceship contains a skeleton crew of no more than five individuals.  All ships functions are controlled by an artificial intelligence with minimal to no human oversight being required.   

The long distances involved in space travel required creative solutions to ensure that personnel didn't age and die during the flight.  Cryo-stasis systems were developed and tested to overcome this obstacle.  During the flight of the ship Olycon, a cascade failure involving the artificial intelligence, the cryo-stasis system and the nuclear power system brought two (or three, or so on) crew members out of their enforced sleep.  With insufficient knowledge to repair the systems, they are faced with the choice of continuing their mission or returning to Earth.  Either option will likely result in their death well before reaching somewhere to call home.  The time they have on their hands leads to many interesting diversions.

This is a really simple outline of the idea I've got rolling round in my head but I think it's got potential.  I'd love to work on it with someone.

(2) Superhero setting.. M/M....

This is really generic and I'm open to many things here.  I'd prefer to use canon characters from a Marvel universe, however that's only based on personal knowledge of a lot of them.  I'm happy to do the research on those that I don't know.  With people I feel a real connection with as a writing partner, I'd be happy to work through creation of two character complex and a complex relationship.

It's really open here, and I'd be a bit picky with moving forward with it - it'd need a bit of brainstorming beforehand.

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

stellaru

The first idea, the space setting one, sounds right up my alley. I would like do that scenario with you. I sent you a pm as well.