What's in the news?

Started by Beorning, September 21, 2014, 07:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lustful Bride

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on May 26, 2016, 01:22:30 PM
And people over here are upset about the idea of Trump becoming president. This is an entire government of Trumps, minus the entertainment factor.

(More like an entire government of Cruzes, really, but he's not topical anymore.)

They are worse than Trump, they do all of this and no one seems to even bat an eye.

Beorning

Quote from: Lustful Bride on May 26, 2016, 01:29:57 PM
They are worse than Trump, they do all of this and no one seems to even bat an eye.

Well, people *do* bat their eyes. There have been multiple anti-PiS protests across all these months, some of the gathering ten of thousands of people...

Iniquitous

Quote from: Cycle on May 28, 2016, 07:46:24 AM
What the f...?!?

Let a man "lightly beat" me with a small stick.  He'll find out quickly enough that I am quite capable of instilling fear in him with that same small stick.
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Iniquitous on May 28, 2016, 09:26:18 AM

Let a man "lightly beat" me with a small stick.  He'll find out quickly enough that I am quite capable of instilling fear in him with that same small stick.

Never Bring a stick to a gunfight. >:)  That's the way my daddy raised me. Anyone beats me they will end up with a new hole to breathe through.

Oniya

Quote from: Lustful Bride on May 28, 2016, 02:47:38 PM
Never Bring a stick to a gunfight. >:)  That's the way my daddy raised me. Anyone beats me they will end up with a new hole to breathe through.

To quote the Riddler:  'If you kill 'em, they don't learn nothin'.'

And to quote Iago the parrot:  'You'd be surprised what you can live through.'

I can think of a number of ways to instill fear with 'that same small stick'.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Oniya on May 28, 2016, 06:06:58 PM
To quote the Riddler:  'If you kill 'em, they don't learn nothin'.'

And to quote Iago the parrot:  'You'd be surprised what you can live through.'

I can think of a number of ways to instill fear with 'that same small stick'.

To quote Tuco. "When you gotta Shoot, Shoot don't talk."

Hehehe, I don't have to kill him :P Just blast him, and maybe fire at his knee caps.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Skynet on May 28, 2016, 06:55:51 PM
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but one of the Oregon militia guys is upset that he can't have his guns in jail.

Forgive the link, but it was either this one or Gawker, and I hate Gawker.

I want to beat his fuckin head in...this is why we cant have nice things. People like him don't desereve to have guns, because they ruin things for all the rest of s and give the government the reason and evidence it needs to step on our necks harder with regulations.

Oniya

Here's a text version.  The picture of Ryan Bundy at the bottom amuses me.  Mostly because it looks like a still out of one of those slo-mo slap videos.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Skynet on May 28, 2016, 06:55:51 PM
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but one of the Oregon militia guys is upset that he can't have his guns in jail.

Forgive the link, but it was either this one or Gawker, and I hate Gawker.

That's one reason for complaints against jail management I never heard before.  :D *rolls on the floor laughing*

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Lilias

To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Renegade Vile

Quote from: gaggedLouise on May 29, 2016, 03:10:27 AM
That's one reason for complaints against jail management I never heard before.  :D *rolls on the floor laughing*

Indeed, apparently to them prison should be a mildly restrictive vacation home where one sits out the winter's bad weather *rolls eyes*.
<< Unavailable for New Games >>

Beorning

I'll give you something else to roll eyes to, then ;)

Last Friday, a technical worker at the Katowice airport made a post on one Polish social network site. This post was a close-up of a engine of a passenger airplane and was accompanied with a caption going somewhat like this:

"What a great feeling! I just put a metal pipe into this plane's engine. It will be so fun to watch whether it crashes! I'm a sociopath, you know!"

Well, understandibly, some of the readers got alarmed and contacted the police about this post. The guy was arrested and the airport services launched a desperate search for the plane from the photo. Eventually, it turned out that it was all a prank on the guy's part  and there was no pipe in the engine ::)

The guy now faces trial and was also fired from his job at the airport. His reaction was making further agry posts on the social network:

"How could you do this to me, you bastards??? I told you it was a joke! Now I'm out of job and suspected of being terrorist! Damn you!!!"

Seriously...

Renegade Vile

Quote from: Beorning on May 30, 2016, 05:32:06 AM
I'll give you something else to roll eyes to, then ;)

Last Friday, a technical worker at the Katowice airport made a post on one Polish social network site. This post was a close-up of a engine of a passenger airplane and was accompanied with a caption going somewhat like this:

"What a great feeling! I just put a metal pipe into this plane's engine. It will be so fun to watch whether it crashes! I'm a sociopath, you know!"

Well, understandibly, some of the readers got alarmed and contacted the police about this post. The guy was arrested and the airport services launched a desperate search for the plane from the photo. Eventually, it turned out that it was all a prank on the guy's part  and there was no pipe in the engine ::)

The guy now faces trial and was also fired from his job at the airport. His reaction was making further agry posts on the social network:

"How could you do this to me, you bastards??? I told you it was a joke! Now I'm out of job and suspected of being terrorist! Damn you!!!"

Seriously...

How dare they?! It was just a joke!
I mean, it's not like this whole sham cost anyone any time or money or anything...
<< Unavailable for New Games >>

Oniya

Quote from: Beorning on May 30, 2016, 05:32:06 AM

Seriously...

gaggedLouise

Can't help thinking of the story of how Charles Baudelaire, the poet, got involved with the 1848 revolution in Paris. With lots of people milling around and a general surge of violence in the air, he got hold of a couple of rifles and posed himself at a street corner (and on a soapbox?) calling out to any men passing by: "We must go and shoot General Aupick at once! Down with General Aupick!"

Aupick, indeed, was his own hated stepfather  :D His reasons for wanting to get rid of him were very personal.

Callie Del Noire

TaintedAndDelish

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on May 30, 2016, 11:29:28 PM
Someone in the Venice, Ca area tell me this didn't happen...

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/trending-now/california-vietnam-memorial-vandalized-memorial-day-weekend/309068407

As a corrective measure, they should be drafted into the military and sent off to war.

Oniya

Or forced to do supervised volunteer shifts in veteran support.  (Even though that looks like one of those 'I was here' tags instead of something blatantly hostile like driving over memorial markers, I wouldn't trust the offender to be responsible enough to be unsupervised.)

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on May 30, 2016, 11:29:28 PM
Someone in the Venice, Ca area tell me this didn't happen...

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/trending-now/california-vietnam-memorial-vandalized-memorial-day-weekend/309068407

*Urge to kill...rising*

Oh how I wish the back breaking hard labor in the prison systems was still a thing. See how they like tagging memorials after breaking rocks.

gaggedLouise

Donald Trump will be visiting Scotland in a few weeks time, to inaugurate a hotel and golf course he has bought and revamped.

Dun dun dun...Wonder if he will care to make a trip down south too. What will Cameron and the new muslim Mayor of London, Mr.Iqbal, offer in the way of comments?  :D

Oniya

Quote from: gaggedLouise on June 01, 2016, 08:22:57 AM
Donald Trump will be visiting Scotland in a few weeks time, to inaugurate a hotel and golf course he has bought and revamped.

Dun dun dun...Wonder if he will care to make a trip down south too. What will Cameron and the new muslim Mayor of London, Mr.Iqbal, offer in the way of comments?  :D

And while continuing to deny climate-change to his base, he had a sea wall installed on that golf course to protect it from sea encroachment brought about by global warming.

Beorning

It really, really saddens me that Trump will, most probably, be the next US President  :-[

In other news:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/may/31/roman-polanski-polish-government-seeks-to-revive-extradition-proceedings

This is hardly surprising, admittedly. Ziobro (as well as other PiS politicians, IIRC) has long said that Polański should be extradited and face trial... What's notable is that it's the first time the Polish government tries to get Polański extradited. Usually, our authorities have given a kind of silent support for him...

TheGlyphstone

The man is 82 years old. There's no way in hell he'd be going to prison at that age, so extraditing him would do nothing...they don't even have the victim's support for this. Everyone involved on every side except the US government (and now I guess PIS) would rather the man die quietly and in relative obscurity.