News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

What's in the news?

Started by Beorning, September 21, 2014, 07:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

Like ACORN, it is a fucking tragedy. "But look at all the investigations!" ...to quote a right-wing member here. All of which turned out to be for nothing.

Lilias

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on January 20, 2017, 08:32:06 PM
*laughs*

The dismal turn the weather took was right in line with the dismal theme of his inaugural speech.  The man seems to have taken lessons from Voldemort.  One could imagine Death Eaters floating above the audience.

Dementors, actually. But Rowling would probably be above his reading level anyway.

To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Shekinah

Quote from: Lilias on January 22, 2017, 06:18:43 AM
Dementors, actually. But Rowling would probably be above his reading level anyway.

Don't forget this part

Why don’t we drink to me and my reflection in your lovely eyes?

My O/O's
Have you taken care of yourself today?

despickable

UPDATE Oon the crazed driver in Melbourne CBD
The 3 month old child has passed away and the city mourns

https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/34242607/bourke-street-carnage-baby-is-car-attacks-fifth-fatal-victim/#page1

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Oniya

This is why the Women's March is important.  Yes, a corrected version was eventually released, but the fact that no one in the editing staff saw what was wrong with this speaks volumes.

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: Oniya on January 22, 2017, 01:11:28 PM
This is why the Women's March is important.  Yes, a corrected version was eventually released, but the fact that no one in the editing staff saw what was wrong with this speaks volumes.

You are kidding me. Please tell me you are kidding me.  ???
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Beorning

Seriously. You mean that was not intentional...???

In other sickening news: two days ago or so, Jarosław Kaczyński (the PiS leader) gave an interview in one radio station. On his way into the studio, he was met with a group of anti-PiS protesters. Later, when asked about it by the interviewer, he commented that "he looked at these people's faces" and was quite certain some of them were former agents of the Communist secret police. He then added that he also spotted some "special needs people" in the crowd. If it's not clear: "special needs person" is the Polish term for a person with mental retardation.

Let me reiterate: the de-facto ruler of the country publicly proclaims that people who don't agree with him are either traitors, or mentally deficient.

And, at the same time, it's the PiS members who say that they are being subjected to hate and vile propaganda by their opponents...

Seriously, I can't stand what's happening here...  :'(

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Oniya on January 22, 2017, 01:11:28 PM

Idk, it says more about their incompetence than anything :P

HairyHeretic

Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Vekseid

That guy has been pulling that for the past few years.

Unless he is your representative (Mike Rogers, Alabama), it's only really noteworthy if this makes it out of committee.

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Lilias on January 22, 2017, 06:18:43 AM

Dementors!  That's what I meant.  Sometimes the brain doesn't put all the pieces together in the right way and I end up with words that don't fit.  Pounding them with a hammer may make then go into the slot but the picture looks a bit silly! :-)

Also, it's interesting that the bee is named Barry since that is what a lot of people call President Obama. :-)

Iniquitous

Quote from: HairyHeretic on January 22, 2017, 02:44:48 PM
Friend of mine shared this on Facebook

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/193

Leave the UN? Really?

If memory serves me correctly (have a bad headache at the moment and can't think straight) Trump has made comments about leaving the UN. I also seem to recollect Palin urging the same.

I know my dad would be all for the US leaving the UN.  He says it does nothing for the US.
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

TheGlyphstone

I'm not entirely certain what the UN does for the UN at this point. Having the three largest superpowers in the world with veto votes on any serious issues basically ensures that nothing the UN does or votes on except feel-good fluff declaration goes through.

Beguile's Mistress

Nachtmahr

~Await the Dawn With Her Kiss of Redemption, My Firebird!~
~You Were the Queen of the Souls of Man Before There Was the Word~

TheGlyphstone

I'm not sure what the joke is.

Blythe

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 23, 2017, 05:17:38 PM
I'm not sure what the joke is.

It's a joke referring to Kellyanne Conway's 'alternative facts' commentary about Spicer's mention about Trump's inauguration crowd size.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Blythe on January 23, 2017, 05:23:35 PM
It's a joke referring to Kellyanne Conway's 'alternative facts' commentary about Spicer's mention about Trump's inauguration crowd size.

Ah okay. I get it now.

Nachtmahr

Quote from: Blythe on January 23, 2017, 05:23:35 PM

Honestly.. I cannot imagine how stressful it must be, to have to defend Trump when he goes off on tangents like that. Watching the interview, I'm pretty sure she just panicked and drew a blank, but.. Alternative facts? If that's a term right-winger chose to adopt, I'll be really worried - But hopefully most moderate Trump supporters will just try and sweep it under the rug. It'd be a nightmare to have to deal with a department of "Alternative Science" or something equally unhinged. >.>

Edit: Said interview can be watched here.

HairyHeretic

It sounds like something straight out of 1984
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Oniya

Quote from: HairyHeretic on January 23, 2017, 05:40:03 PM
It sounds like something straight out of 1984

The Tweeter-In-Chief would never go for Minitruth, though.

Nothing 'mini' about him, nosirree.  Maxitruth all the way.  Millions of truthy truths.

Nachtmahr

Quote from: Oniya on January 23, 2017, 05:51:38 PM
The Tweeter-In-Chief would never go for Minitruth, though.

Nothing 'mini' about him, nosirree.  Maxitruth all the way.  Millions of truthy truths.

Definitely the most true truths you've ever heard!

Sara Nilsson

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-38720320

UK Supreme Court has stated that Theresa May cannot trigger article 50 without a Parliamentary vote.