Anyone up for a Plot Oriented Walking Dead RP? (OC's only please)

Started by Chiarra, November 26, 2013, 09:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chiarra

Well, my brother has his sword, and I have my mind and a mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone, that's why I read so much, Jon Snow.

~Tyrion Lannister

F-List

Chiarra

Well, my brother has his sword, and I have my mind and a mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone, that's why I read so much, Jon Snow.

~Tyrion Lannister

F-List

Giantmutantcrab

I'm sorry it took so long.

Here is the link.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=191274.0

Hey guys.  With your approval, I would like to inset a concept for another zombie post-apoc RP I played; the “stuff” system.  Basically, this is to prevent the game being bogged down in the endless list of detailed items that survivors pick up.

Basically, there are three things survivors search; food units (one unit of food equals one full meal, including water/ liquid), weapons (that will be listed individually), and “stuff”.  Stuff is everything else; keeping a list for every single possible item carried would create a terribly long micro-management system.  With this concept, stuff is measured in units.  These units have two uses; one unit produces a permanent item to be added to the character’s bio list, or an effect.

For example, Mr. X found a unit of stuff.  He was looking for a flashlight.  So, that unit of stuff is a flashlight.  That’s it.  If he was just gathering stuff for later use, then he’d keep that unit of “stuff”.  If Mr. X comes across a vehicle that is only slightly damaged, he could try to repair it with the stuff he has.  Since it just needed one unit of stuff, Mr. X now has a jury-rigged car that he can drive around with.

If you guys like it, I'll keep track of the gang's food/stuff supplies, as well as a list of any weapons they pick up and haven't chosen to keep on one specific character yet.  It'll just be simpler then slogging through each post wondering where the hell they left that crowbar at.  :)

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on December 02, 2013, 09:06:31 AM

Here is the link.

Hey guys.  With your approval, I would like to inset a concept for another zombie post-apoc RP I played; the “stuff” system.  Basically, this is to prevent the game being bogged down in the endless list of detailed items that survivors pick up.

Basically, there are three things survivors search; food units (one unit of food equals one full meal, including water/ liquid), weapons (that will be listed individually), and “stuff”.  Stuff is everything else; keeping a list for every single possible item carried would create a terribly long micro-management system.  With this concept, stuff is measured in units.  These units have two uses; one unit produces a permanent item to be added to the character’s bio list, or an effect.

For example, Mr. X found a unit of stuff.  He was looking for a flashlight.  So, that unit of stuff is a flashlight.  That’s it.  If he was just gathering stuff for later use, then he’d keep that unit of “stuff”.  If Mr. X comes across a vehicle that is only slightly damaged, he could try to repair it with the stuff he has.  Since it just needed one unit of stuff, Mr. X now has a jury-rigged car that he can drive around with.

If you guys like it, I'll keep track of the gang's food/stuff supplies, as well as a list of any weapons they pick up and haven't chosen to keep on one specific character yet.  It'll just be simpler then slogging through each post wondering where the hell they left that crowbar at.  :)

That sounds more complicated than it needs to be.  I'm withdrawing interest.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Chiarra

~Tyrion Lannister

F-List

scribus1000

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on December 02, 2013, 09:06:31 AM

Here is the link.

I'm not opposed to this system, though it seems a bit...difficult, to read out and understand...
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Chiarra

I agree with Scribus, and though I had already posted this in the ooc thread, I'm game for it.  Though I will add to it, while I'm perfectly fine with the food and weapon part, the actual stuff unit part is a bit confusing.

~Tyrion Lannister

F-List

scribus1000

I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Giantmutantcrab

Ok, well...

Stuff is "everything that is not food, or weapons".  Like a chain, a computer chip, batteries, socks, first aid kit, thread, a piece of leather, etc.

Say you have one unit of stuff.  And you're really looking for a first aid kit.  Well, scratch that unit, and you have a first aid kit.

If you want to barricade a door, you use one unit of stuff (and not needing to list out the planks, nails, hammers, screws, screwdriver, battery for the screwdriver, the correct bit, etc).  It just simplifies the listing of items the group will pick up as the game goes along.

Instead of stating in detail every single item that is gathered, it's just...  units of stuff.

Chiarra

That does make it simpler.  But can we please keep all talk about the game in the ooc thread I had made, please ^_^.  I really want this one to just be for signups.

~Tyrion Lannister

F-List