D&D 5e Exandrian Troubles (Looking for new players to D&D, help offered.)

Started by Vergil1989, October 22, 2018, 10:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winds Of Lust

Personal Information

Name: Kerrison Val'seth, Keri to friends
Race:  Feral Tiefling
Gender: Definitely Male...sort of. Look, it's weird. Gender is weird. He is happy to have his dick, love the little guy! But by no means does he mind his fem looks. Often times his sense of style leans into and shows off how fem he looks, and when people refer to him as she, it doesn't bother her either. Perhaps Demi-boy or Gender fluid would be the best descriptors? Like I said Gender is weird.
Orientation/Sexuality:  Pansexual
General Description: Keri stands at about Five foot four, five-seven if you count the horns, which Keri tends to. He has a slim and girlish build. Often easily mistaken for a particularly flat chested woman with lovely legs, hips, and ass from just about any angle.  He doesn't mind so much, he kind of likes it to be honest, but he does get frustrated when people make the mistake of thinking him weak or helpless based on his appearance. His slender and supple body hides well-honed strength and skill. Often lightly dressed in form-fitting cloth clothing that will not inhibit his movement. Normally something light and a bit revealing on top and long-legged pants that hug the curves of his figure. More often than not these clothes are in shades of purple, reminiscent of his mother's skin tone. His own is a light, pinkish red. Golden tattoos adorn his upper arm and navel symbolizing his devotion to his monastic path and his connection with his inner life force. When channeling his Ki, they actually glow. Full lips and golden eyes make his face somewhat alluring to look at.

Role Play Centered Information

Class: Monk, Path of the Sun Soul
Level: 3
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Character Sheet: Kerrison Val'seth
Additional Information:

History
Family: His mother back at the New Shining Palm Monastery, as well as those few young monks who yet live.
Hometown: He hasn't had a proper place of residence for almost 3 years, not since he left the Monastery. His life has been stop-and-go, always moving. He travels until he's broke, the work until he has money to travel again. Right now, he is broke and doing jobs in Emon to build back up a store of gold for travel.
A little about personality: Keri is a straightforward person to say the least. He has always been a boy of action, living his life with direction and focus, rather than with patients and reflection. His teachers often referred to him as an 'unbalanced monk'. He rarely holds his tongue never menses words, and wears his heart on his sleeve. You may get a close look at it when he elects to deck you in the face. Yes, it is safe to say fire burns beneath that beautiful face, a powder keg of a temper and a fuse shorter than a goblin's chin hairs.  He doesn't shy from getting into a fight, be it out of pride or anger. That being said, largely He is interested in helping people in his own...unique way. While he is a servant to no god, those who have gotten to know him have described him as reminiscent of some paladins they have met. He hates seeing evil prevail, not just the greatest beasts of the dark, though he has a particularly powerful distaste for those, the mundane injustices that he encounters in the many places he has traveled and he is not afraid to make his feelings known to those who enact such acts. And as always, he finds actions speak louder than words.
General Life Story: Keri doesn't remember much about life before he and his mother were taken into the Monastery of the Shining Palm. He was barely 3 years old at the time. He Remembers that they came from far away, from a warmer place, and that his mother seemed to be running from something. Where and what never seemed too important to him as he grew into himself. He was the sort of kid that was focused on the now and the future, rather than the past. It was likely she wouldn't have told him anyway, as she herself seemed at peace with his disinterest in the subject. The Monks likewise, took them in without a second thought and became as close to them as any family could be. Years of peaceful life in the monastery passed, both of them taking part in the daily rituals of training, study, and reflection. The young boy showing great aptitude in the martial side of the training, while his mother did the same on the internal side of things. After a decade she recognized a master matron of the monastery and her son was among many of the promising young warriors. But one day a shadow fell over the monastery and left destruction in its wake. His mother managed to usher a small number to safety, others fled or seemed to be taken by the mysterious mercenaries, who were accompanied by dark beasts and monsters. Keri stayed with the warriors to defend his home and give others time to escape. Everyone who stood their ground was slaughtered, save for him. Only chance allowed him to survive, among the corpses of fallen friends and teachers. Eventually, his mother and the other survivors returned. She and the other surviving elders and masters began to attempt to rebuild what was destroyed, wanting to rebuild their lives and start anew. They planned on living in less isolation, hoping tieing themselves closer to civilization would bring them safety and peace. But no matter how much the monastery was restored to is a former state, Keri could not unsee the blood on the temple floors, nor free his nose from the stench of death. Driven by a need to strike back against the forces that brought death to those he considered family, her left to use the skills to find justice for the fallen. He also hoped that a single monk of the Shining Palm going forth and hunting evil would keep attention off the rebuilding monastery, or any other survivors were scattered to the winds.

Winds Of Lust

I think Gil and Keri are going to be great friends. Or alternate between fist fights, shouting matches, and sloppy make outs.

Vergil1989

Other than needing to go back and fix for grammar stuff there Winds, I rather like what you've put together for ol Keri.  ;D  Welcome to the party assuming we don't get more interest from other people of course.  :D

Just to ask but what book is ol Sun Soul from exactly?  I'll be asking for clarification on such things regardless from everyone else, but just thought I'd ask here while I was thinking about it.  :D
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

keyotess

Yay!! The weekend is here!  I should have my character designed by Sunday!!
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

My story contribution: FemFour: superheroine, Futa, NC-H

On/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=335439.0

Snake

Vergil1989

Ah, thanks Snake.  :D  Also again, if anyone needs help coming up with stuff or anything, don't hesitate to ask.  :D

Just so you guys know, once I start approving folks, the OOC and Character Roster threads are up and waiting for y'all.  :D  For the time being though, unless we get more people, I might approve the ones we have so far since you've got some pretty interesting people already.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Winds Of Lust

I’m glad Keri seems to please, I had fun making this twist on a old favorite character of mine.

Kathyan

Ok, I'll try to join too ;)

And I just noticed Keri's gender... that plus Gil make me want to go that way too ^^.

Vergil1989

Oh hey!  Welcome to the party Kathyan.  If you need a hand with anything, PM either myself or Keys whenever you wish and we'll get back to you when we can.  There's also a Discord room I have linked in the OOC if you'd prefer a more hands on approach, but thanks for stopping by, truly.  :D

Winds Of Lust

Quote from: Kathyan on October 27, 2018, 07:53:30 PM
Ok, I'll try to join too ;)

And I just noticed Keri's gender... that plus Gil make me want to go that way too ^^.

Yesssssss join us in the ambiguously queer crew, we have rainbow cookies.

Kathyan

Personal Information

Name: Kirss Haventhel
Race:  Elf (Eladrin)
Orientation/Sexuality: Pansexual Switch (varies according to inner season)
She is a kind lover and likes group sex while she is in autumn, but is daring and likes exhibitionism while she is in summer, she goes dominant and prefers bondage while she is in her own winter and gets more aggressive and rough when she is summer.
General Description: Kirss is a flat chested athletic gal with short green hair and tall even for an elf measuring slightly over 6 feet. Given the lack of curves she has and the already androgynous nature of elves she looks more like a male than a female, wearing a manly soldier uniform under her leather armor doesn't really help as neither it does that she is usually dusty from spending so much time outdoors.

Class: Druid (Circle of the Shepherd)
Level: 3
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Character Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1736627
Additional Information:

History
Family: Althaliel and Cirian Haventhel, Kirss parents, were always very permissive with her and never stood in the way of what she wanted to do or where wanted to go. The same cannot be said about Kirss brother, Kriss, who was usually watching her making sure she never got into much trouble or that she related herself with people he considered inappropriate or unworthy. While he is not as moody as she is they share a great resemblance that makes it hard to tell them apart from each other, fact that he took advantage of to drive away some romantic interests Kirss.
Hometown: Originally from the Feywild, Kirss has been living in Tal'Dorei for a couple of decades. Since the ways of the elves of Syngorn were too narrow minded she stayed in the woods instead where she learn to commune with the spirits and became a druid. For her a home is not a place but wherever her heart feels at ease.
A little about personality: It is a little hard for those who know Kirss to describe her personality given how much it varies, for those who don't really know her it is certainly easy but most probably they would be wrong about it. As a native of the Feywild she is associated to the seasons which also affects her mood and nature but where some of her own remain associated with one season for years or even their entire lives Kirss' demeanor is a moody and unpredictable one that varies quite often, sometimes lively and cheerful, sometimes generous and selfless while other times she can be as aggressive and fierce as the wildest beast or fearless barbarian.

General Life Story: Born and raised among elves from the Feywild Kirss grew up and spent most of her youth in eternal autumn with little concern for the current season of the rest of the world and happy she was to learn and to share and to experience life with her fellow. The more she grew the more she enjoyed and soon that enjoyment made her look to the opposite gender with different eyes, eyes full of innocent curiosity, eyes that once she matured guided her to open herself to her inner spring and it was then when she began to spend more time with those she had romantic interests than with friends and family, something Kriss didn't like, and when she soon began getting to know other races that had nothing in common with her or her own and ventured into Tal'Dorei Kriss followed her.

Other females were not as athletic as Kirss was but either more slender and graceful or had far more shapely figures and well pronounced curves making Kirss feel instantly enamored with them and their mundane beauty. With hopes of getting more intimate with some of them she would abandon her own people and would go after these strangers. Travelers, adventurers, men and women to whom she was a stranger and to whom upon looking at her physique would see nothing but a cute elf boy.

At first she didn't notice this and liking both men and women it was not an issue either but soon she would realize about it immersing her in a deep personal winter. What could she do now?, she could not return now, she was too far away, too embarrassed, she would have to learn to make a living on her own. And so she began accepting any job that a boy could do... a girl!, I'm a girl, sigh... but still she'd do any work that payed good money. She would grow more experienced and seasoned with time but her attitude hardened into a fierce summer one, she was not the cute girl once she was and became a mercenary. Taking her first steps in a company named the Outlanders, a group made up of misfits, outcast or people who just preferred to stay away from the cities Kirss was quick to attain the rank of Corporal within their somewhat scarce lines made up of half elves, dwarves and Gruul, their half orc captain. They would go into cities only eventually to look for jobs and would mostly look for paying people in smaller settlements or travelers in need but this was not was Kirss was looking for and decided to split up. As a token of farewell Gruul gifted her a Marshall insignia before she left on her own to do anything you'd asked out of hi...her!... if you payed the right amount of gold of course, or if you happened to be attractive enough. Her one and absolute goal now was not to return with her own but to became as shapely as those women she liked so much.

Vergil1989

Some minor grammar related issues, that and you forgot her name at the top here.  :P  Beyond that, you might want to look into the planes hopping city of Syngorn, as well as Critical Role's version of the Feywild, although that's more for a better idea of what you're considering than an outright critique to you Kath.  :D  If your girl was from Syngorn, then chances are most of the elves there wouldn't have taken too kindly to such behavior given most of their rather narrow minded views about anyone not like them.  Just throwing that out there again for you to consider.  I'm sure there's other cities out in the Feywild, just Syngorn is the only one we know about currently.

keyotess

Personal Information

Name: No'lien Vessar
Race:  high elf
Orientation/Sexuality: Doesn't have any actually experience, but finds herself being physically attracted to males and females of most races, although she does get along better with women so leans towards having her first experience with a woman.
General Description: No'lien is about average height for an elven female with long raven black hair and a toned body.  Her skin a lightly tanned and she is little bustier than a normal elven maid.  When she walks, her movements are smooth and balanced.  She likes to wear black leathers with symbols of the Raven Queen, in honor of her Uncle Vax'ildan who gave his life to stop Vecna.

Class: Rogue: Inquisitive
Level: 3rd
Alignment: Neutral Good
Character Sheet: No'lien Vessar.
Additional Information: Hmm.... what to put, what to put.

History
Family: Mother: Velora Vessar, Aunt: Vex'ahlia de Rollo, Uncle: Percy de Rollo
Hometown: Whitestone
A little about personality: No'lien is very centered emotionally.  She knows herself and she is unapologetic about it.  She was raised with the idea that family was important, when the family called, you answered.  Family included people you befriended over time. She is a very observant young elven woman, noticing everything going on around and able to figure out why people do what they do.  Standing in front of her, you get the feeling that she will catch any lie you try to say and may or may not let you get away with it, depending on her mood.  She is friendly, but a bit of a smartass at times, her mother blames her Aunt Vex'ahlia for that trait.
General Life Story: No'lien was born out of wedlock, her mother Velora had a dalliance with a handsome elven youth and hadn't taken the proper precautions.  She was rebelling against her father's, Syldor, strict rules on proper behavior for a young elven noble maiden.  The rules got stricter, he wanted the name of the boy who had gotten her pregnant was going to force her to marry him.  Velora was against marrying her dalliance, he was handsome, but a bit on the slow side and if her father discovered the boy was of common birth, he would hit the roof in rage.  He started blaming her sister Vex'ahlia for her rebellious ways.  Arguments became more common and Velora was almost under house arrest.  She got a message to Vex'ahlia and her sister came and helped her escape Syldor's house and brought her younger sister to Whitestone to live with her and her husband.  Syldor did come once to demand the return of his daughter, but between Vex'ahlia and Percy facing off against him, he retreated in defeat and left Velora and the coming child in Vex'ahlia's hands.  Velora never told anyone, but she eventually remembered what happened to her when she was kidnapped by Vecna, and how her half brother and sister had saved her and that sealed her love for them, even over her mother and father.

No'lien was born in Whitestone and raised with love by her mother.  Her Aunt Vex'ahlia, Uncle Percy and Aunt Cassandra were actively involved in her life and teaching her everything she would need to know to survive in the world.  No'lien was a sponge and absorbed the information and life lessons with a will.  She doesn't know who her father is and she is fine with that, she has plenty of love from her Mother and extended family.  She roamed all over Whitestone and learned from the common folk about life. 

By the time she was turning 20, she was anxious to go out and explore the world like her favorite Aunt had done.  Her spirit was about roaming and discovering new things, which drove her mother to distraction trying to keep up with her.  Her mother didn't want No'lien to leave home, but recognized that her daughter was going to go and sought a way to protect her daughter during the dangerous time of a person gaining experience.  Fortunately, Vex'ahlia had need of her nieces observational abilities with council business.  No'lien was sent to Emon to help Vex with finding out what was going on in the Council and with the Clasp.  No'lien traveled through Emon, picking up clues here and there and making friends as she does.
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

My story contribution: FemFour: superheroine, Futa, NC-H

On/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=335439.0

Vergil1989

Some grammar issues there Keys, but otherwise I love what I'm seeing here.  ;D  I'll take a look at her stats, but I'm sure those are fine with how knowledgeable you've proven already.  ;D

From what I could tell Lien's looking mighty fine.  ;D  That picture certainly helps though lol.

To everyone else, something I forgot until now, (funny how not sleeping will do that), but if you want to include a musical theme for your respective characters, I'm all for it especially since I'm a fan of using music in my posts anyway.  ;D

https://youtu.be/F3Dsg2ROP3M

I'm a Master of Puppets kind of DM in case you're all curious.   >:)

Winds Of Lust

Ooooh, do love a character theme. I've always been a musically minded person...I'll have to do a therough search but i'm currently between

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTZJdHr2z_o
For the virtue of that middle bridge

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hkmuTvkp_s
for the virtue of generall theming.

Snake

Vergil1989

Lol love that you're a RWBY and Halestorm kind of person there Winds, both are pretty amazing in their respective ways.

And you're fine Snake, we're still getting people together and all that, so don't stress out, truly.  Besides, I've been having a hard time of stuff on this end anyway, didn't sleep last night because my stomach was seriously bloated and I've been farting all day still.  Add on top of that the fact I've been kinda depressed more than usual and generally worried, and it's a small miracle I'm doing this at all.  I'm doing better though, but I am glad for the delay, so by all means take your time.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Vergil1989 on October 28, 2018, 11:26:36 AM
To everyone else, something I forgot until now, (funny how not sleeping will do that), but if you want to include a musical theme for your respective characters, I'm all for it especially since I'm a fan of using music in my posts anyway.  ;D

Not a hard choice for Gil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yUYvyAY954

Vergil1989

Quote from: Chulanowa on October 28, 2018, 03:13:00 PM
Not a hard choice for Gil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yUYvyAY954

Not a bad song, especially for Lindsey Stirling.  ;D

IMPORTANT!

I am thinking I'm going to get this going on Wednesday at the latest, Friday at the VERY latest.  I'll start making my choices around that same time frame, so by all means, take your time and do your best.

Kathyan, I know it's a work in progress, but as your character stands now with all those needless references to autumn, summer, spring, etc, not to mention the confusing way you wrote her up, I'd be disinclined to approve her even if this was a first come, first serve game, which it isn't.  You're gonna want to go back and change it considerably so it sounds more 'normal'? I think is the right word there, and far less connected to the Fey Courts or whatever you were trying to do there.  Yes, she can be from the Feywild, but only the actual FEY need apply in such a situation.  Last I checked she was elven, not fey, so....yeah.

EDIT:  And I feel like an idiot because my lovely co-GM pointed out that Eladrin elves actually DO have Fey like courts to them.  And now I feel like an ass lol.  Still, I apologize for not looking into that earlier, BUT I do still want you to go back and try and make your concept a bit more clearer in your intent instead of referencing the seasons as you did.  I like it otherwise, it's just confusing to look at is the real issue I had with your sheet as it stands now, but again I understand it's a work in progress.  Just get to it when you can Kathyan and again I apologize for any inconvenience I might've caused you.

And why didn't anyone tell me that the Discord chat link in the OOC thread wasn't working?  I would've fixed it a lot sooner if I'd known, but I HOPE it's working now since I've edited it with a new link, but it should lead to the same place.  If it's still not working, let me know so I can try again or just send it out in PMs.  See ya!

Winds Of Lust

Quote from: Vergil1989 on October 28, 2018, 02:28:02 PM
Lol love that you're a RWBY and Halestorm kind of person there Winds, both are pretty amazing in their respective ways.

Yeah, I have a rather...eclietic range of musical tastes. Bluegrass and Opera don't quite fit Keri ( well maybe Libera Me, but that's hardly pure opera or hip-hop tbh ) Tried to go through my collection of Clippng songs for a rap angle, but ultimately none of those quite fit either. Closest I got there was Air 'Em Out.

Going back to RWBY, generally, the Yang associated songs for obvious reasons, Ignite is also a strong contender. Still going through my lists of Covers of other songs that are Thematically appropriate but don't quite fit musically, seeing if someone's performance/variation on the material hits that sweet spot.

Vergil1989

Quote from: Winds Of Lust on October 28, 2018, 07:46:00 PM
Yeah, I have a rather...eclietic range of musical tastes. Bluegrass and Opera don't quite fit Keri ( well maybe Libera Me, but that's hardly pure opera or hip-hop tbh ) Tried to go through my collection of Clippng songs for a rap angle, but ultimately none of those quite fit either. Closest I got there was Air 'Em Out.

Going back to RWBY, generally, the Yang associated songs for obvious reasons, Ignite is also a strong contender. Still going through my lists of Covers of other songs that are Thematically appropriate but don't quite fit musically, seeing if someone's performance/variation on the material hits that sweet spot.

I listen to a lot of video game, movie/show, and fan songs from various things, when I'm not listening to stuff like AC/DC, Eminem, Tim McGraw, Johnny Cash, Dragonforce, and so much more besides, so I get where you're coming from Winds.  :D  While I tend to stick to rock and roll and country and the like, but I have a wide range of stuff I enjoy, so again we're not so different.  ;D

Thanks to Keys' help earlier, I've gotten a few monsters together finally, which I fully intend to use to fuck with you all the first chance I get.  (Matt and his idle remark about making mimics into doors comes to mind....lol)  Anyway, we'll get some easy critters together for the first dozen or so possible encounters, see what other crap we can cook up, but for now I'm on my own for the time being.  We'll get it figured out by Wednesday, Friday at the latest.  See ya!

Chulanowa

Quote from: Vergil1989 on October 28, 2018, 08:31:52 PM
(Matt and his idle remark about making mimics into doors comes to mind....lol) 

-Whispers- Jerry did it first.

Vergil1989

Jerry?  Jerry from what exactly there Chul?  I'm genuinely curious.

And hey Silk, need a hand with anything else or you good for the time being?  :D

Chulanowa

Quote from: Vergil1989 on October 29, 2018, 12:15:37 AM
Jerry?  Jerry from what exactly there Chul?  I'm genuinely curious.

And hey Silk, need a hand with anything else or you good for the time being?  :D

That's Jerry Holkins, he DM's the Acquisitions Incorporated "C-Team' game. Also does hte writing for the Penny arcade comic strip if you're familiar. Also has a really nice singing voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyc-krOVVcA

Vergil1989

Damn, that was impressive and I know nothing about Acquisitions Incorporated.