Paraiso (Seeking Interest)

Started by Bruja Amethyst, August 09, 2018, 05:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruja Amethyst

The world has been uninhabitable for almost 100 years now. Some world war started by America and China that just seemed to bring the entire world to it’s knees. Nuclear bombs were dropped from both sides. There was no winner in this war. Everyone lost. Most of the world died. Few survived. The ones that did fled to areas where the bombs were less likely to drop. Deserts, random Islands if they had them, mountains. If it was off the grid, it was taken over.

That’s what the Rivera family did. They were once honest farmers. And when the bombs hit, they took everyone they could and fled to some caves in the New Mexico desert. They hid in the caves for God knows how long, but in that time, they explored. The caves weren’t just caves. They were tunnels. Hot Springs. Complete shelter. One of the tunnels went down below sea level, and came out to a protected area. A utopia from the chaos of the ruined outside world. There, the Rivera family and the people they helped made a new home, a community to survive together in. When radiation storms would hit, they’d retreat to the caves until it was over.

As the years went by, the radiation poisoned most of the world. What were once great cities, were now runes. Broken skyscrapers completely covered in radioactive plant life. Animals were no longer normal animals. They were mutated, contorted by the chemicals from their ancestors. Some had two heads. Some were over grown. All of them were dangerous to humans. Their sole purpose to find any form of food that they could.

The Rivera family stayed in charge. It wasn’t exactly something they wanted to do, but everyone looked up to them. Though it wasn’t a democracy, it wasn’t exactly something that the village seemed to want to change. 100 years later, the Rivera family still called the shots. It kept everyone safe. If ever there had been an attempt for invasion, which came every few years it seemed, the family had been able to organize the village and protect what they’d already claimed for themselves. This made new comers hard to come by, but should they pledge loyalty to the tiny utopia, all were accepted.

Each member of the utopia Paraiso, or Iso for short, had some sort of a job that they specialized in. There were Hunters, Fighters, Farmers, People who cooked for the whole village, people who watched after the children while the parents worked, there were healers for when someone was attacked and survived an attack. That normally happened when they were hunting for meat. Sure, it was radioactive but so were they, and it seemed, it didn’t effect them much. Though, no one ever lived passed their sixties. This world was not the same as it was in the early 2000’s. It probably never would be.

Recently,  a large group of people travelled into the caves, their leader explaining how their Utopia finally lost to the elements and became dust and filled with radiation. the River family accepted each member, with the understanding that the Elder River was the lead. They agreed to these terms, but no one in the family was sure if they were being true to their word. Or planned to take the Utopia for themselves.

Pictures of the new world

If you are smart enough to have a character that has some form of knowledge for tech, please add that in as you see appropriate, don't over it since it's 100 years after, but i can understand maybe getting a car or two, things like that. thanks!

Name:
Sexuality:
Paraiso Native? [Yes] [No]
Job: (If applicable)
Skills:
Bio:

Needed Characters

Character’s from the other group (I.E.  other hunters or fighters, etc etc)

Characters who live in Paraiso (I.E. People who have maybe been in the Paraiso Utopia for a while, or even grew up in the utopia.)

THIS CHARACTER CAN BE CHANGED, I JUST WANTED TO GET THE IDEA OF THE PROTECTION HE HAS FOR HIS DAUGHTERS OUT THERE, BUT IF YOU HAVE ANOTHER IDEA PLEASE PM ME!
[img width=250]picture here[/ img][ /floatleft]
Name: Eduardo Rivera (FIRST NAME CAN BE CHANGED)
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Job: Leader of the Utopia
Skills:
Bio: Eduardo was raised in this world, just like his daughters, who he loved more than life itself, he also has strong affections for his adoptive son.  He had taken him in when the Rivera wife and the adopted son’s family went out hunting. They were attacked and both families were left with a huge loss.

TAKEN ROLES
Elder Rivera
Youngest Daughter
Adopted Son (Rivera Family)
Eldest Rivera Daughter
Roleplay Status: Accepting
Storylines = 10
Response Time: = 1-3 days
Bruja Amethyst's Request & O/O's
DISCORD: BrujaAmethyst#9691 - 139188212018053120

azzmeister89

This sounds fun, count me as interested, will probably take the role of a young hunter within the group.

Bruja Amethyst

Quote from: azzmeister89 on August 13, 2018, 04:02:59 AM
This sounds fun, count me as interested, will probably take the role of a young hunter within the group.

That sounds great! Thanks for letting me know. If you have any ideas you’d like to throw out please feel free to PM me!
Storylines = 10

azzmeister89

Name: Nathan "Coop" Cooper
Paraiso Native? Yes
Job: Hunter
Skills: Tracking, cross country running, spear and knife weilding, skinning (preparing meat) gathering plant life, rock climbing, light medical skills
Bio: Nathan's family has been apart of the community since the beginning, quickly gaining standing by being prominent in the military and hunting sects. In the 100 years since they made their home they continued to act as role models for the others in showing dedication to the community, loyalty to the Rivera's and the general knowledge of hunting and fighting that has kept them a highly respected family.
As such Nathan was a very cocky boy and even worse as a teenager. He was constantly throwing his family's name around and got into plenty of fights with other boys, one day however his father took him on a hunting trip and then in the middle of the night snuck off, leaving Nathan only a single spear and a note saying "find your own way home"
It was two weeks before Nathan made it back and since then he's become far more responsible and reliable.

Nathan still possesses a reckless streak however as he goes out for far longer and much further than the other hunters and occasionally brings back something interesting. He achieved this by driving his doombuggy although finding fuel isn't always easy.
Although her father seems to be unaware, Nathan is the lover of Isa Rivera

Bruja Amethyst

Name: Isabel Rivera (Isa, Is)
Job: Healer and Fighter if Paraiso is attacked
Skills: Archery and Hand to Hand.
Bio: Being the daughter of a village leader is tough enough. Being the youngest of two daughters was even worse. Isa's father was always trying to make sure no harm came to her, which was all fine and lovely. But she wanted to live her life as she wanted. Not as he wanted. 

Unlike her older sister and brother, he’d made her become a healer, a nurse of all things. Fine. Fair enough. But when he’d decided to not let her focus on learning how to fight, she’d realized she had to take things into her own hands. Her sister had all these skills, knew all these things. Why should she not have the same right to learn? She was younger, sure. But that wasn’t a good enough reason. Her sister and brother taught her everything they could without their father finding out. She was almost as smart as her siblings. Yet, her father didn’t seem to see that.

During her spare time, which was often, she'd practice with the other fighters. More specifically, with her dearest friend, Nathan. He was from a respected family, in fact, her father trusted his father with his life. That wasn’t something so small. Isa could admit, she trusted Nathan with her life as well. They’d grown up together, she’d watched him become this cocky young man, and then into a real man. Sure, he was a few years older than her, but does that really matter anymore? They barely know their real ages. Days had been blurred. Birthday weren’t a thing anymore. So what should it matter that she’d fallen in love with him. And he her. They’d agreed that their fathers would not approve, at least since it wasn’t their idea. So they kept it hidden. Always keeping a respectful distance while around people. When alone, there was no such thing as space.

Nathan encouraged her rebellious behavior more than a few times, taking her out hunting, showing her the ropes, or just taking her to the caves to just be able to swim without someone constantly bothering her about one thing or another. It was hard for her father to keep her in one spot, and she preferred it that way. She remains completely loyal to her father, but she was still her own person.
Storylines = 10

Kokaine

How fast a post rate are you looking for? Multiple times a day?
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Bruja Amethyst

Quote from: Kokaine on August 14, 2018, 09:31:02 AM
How fast a post rate are you looking for? Multiple times a day?

I mean, in an ideal world i'd like ONE POST a day would be nice from everyone. but i also understand that people have lives. Do you have a rate you tend to like?
Storylines = 10

Gannameade

Name: Dominic Chase Rivera (Nico, Nikki only by his father, sometimes sister when she wants to get under his skin.)
Paraiso Native? Yes
Job: Security
Skills: Combat various forms (armed and unarmed), Military tactics and arms, Survival, First aid, Cartography, Chemistry, Botany, Photographic Memory.
Bio:  Dominic came back from soldiering, just before the change.  He needed to make sure his family was safe.  Nothing was more important than family, especially the family that took him in and raised him.  He was unable to do anything else but protect them, he never forgave himself for not saving his mother, even though he hadn’t been there.  He took on that burden and so far that had been the catalyst to make sure he didn’t fail the rest of his family members.

Kokaine

Quote from: BabyGirl1990 on August 14, 2018, 09:32:43 AM
I mean, in an ideal world i'd like ONE POST a day would be nice from everyone. but i also understand that people have lives. Do you have a rate you tend to like?

Not really. I tend to get into a rhythm wherever possible and post accordingly but I'd be lying if I said I could promise one post a day so I will just slip right on back out and let y'all do your thing. :)
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Bruja Amethyst

Name: Gabriela Gonzalez (Gigi - hates the name, but everyone uses it no matter how many times she tells them to stop)
Sexuality: Bisexual
Paraiso Native? NO
Job: Fighter, hunter
Skills: Hand to Hand, spear fighting, tracking, trapping, butchery,
Bio:
Gabriela, and the group she arrived with, was quite guarded. Everyone she grew up with knew that they would probably die in a few minutes, so no one got close. When Gabriela’s parents never returned home after going hunting and never came back, no one offered her shelter. At age 12 she had to figure it out for herself. She was lucky that her father had taken her hunting so many times. He’d taught her everything she knew. Including how to butcher her kills. She was really good at it too. Because no one was helping her, she was forced to use the bartering system. Trading food for drink. Meat for bread. A thigh for medicine. Or if she needed a big favor, she’d offer her hunting services to whomever to get her what she needed.

Along with hunting, was the need to defend herself. Learning to fight was where she met Leon. The two clicked in personality well. A clear understanding of tit for tat. He was literally the only sparing partner she had that didn’t hold back on her. For the longest time he would kick her ass again and again. But as she got older, she started winning a few rounds. After some time, the two were matched in skill, him having taught her to use her small frame and speed against his size and weight. The two were a good team, when they felt like it. It wasn’t often that they actually spoke. Sometimes they’d go hunting together, trade, and move on with their day. But once Gabriela reached a certain age, her needs grew and Leon was the only one she trust to not try to claim her as his woman.There was no room for attachment with this group of people. Though, some had managed to make a few families. Gabriela never understood it. It was so tragic when their children died and they acted all surprised when it happened. Clearly more than a bit jaded about “parents.”

Gigi, her most hated nickname, always kept her little area on the edges of their little colony. Never wanting to be bothered as she worked or slept. She had few visitors, and that’s how she liked it. Although, for whatever reason, some of the Paraiso natives hd seemed keen on getting her and other people in her group, to join them for meals, or gatherings. She didn’t quite understand them, they just kept wanting to get to know her. She saw no point, and would do her best to avoid any gatherings, sometimes going out hunting late at night to avoid the fire pit that always had people around it. She found she didn’t mind the night so much, so long as she was on her toes the entire time.
Storylines = 10

azzmeister89

Come on people, this game needs more players!

Elven Sex Goddess

Name: Angelique Maria Rivera
Sexuality:  Straight, with Bi-Curious
Paraiso Native? Yes (Rivera eldest Daughter)
Job: Hunter
Skills:
      Bower/Fetcher - Skilled in making bows and arrows
      Archery - Skilled in Archery
      Hunting - A skilled hunter
      Leather Tanner - Skilled in skinning and tanning leather
      Stealth - Skilled in being stealthy
      Tracker - Skilled in tracking in the wilds and caves
      Spelunker - Knowledgeable with cave exploring

Bio:  Angelique has grown up in a world of shit.   Her family hidden away in caves and a untouched utopian paradise.   That was hidden and protected from the mass destruction a hundred years earlier.   

When she was a child she would run through the network of tunnels and out in the utopian paradise.   Pretending she was the Disney character Pocahontas.    For her prize possession was a relic from the past.   That her mother gave to her,  a children's book on the character Pocahontas.    The old book is fragile and she keeps it hidden and now for the most part untouched.  For fear if she opens it too much it will further fall apart.   

She is not a woman that is subservient.  She does not cook, mend or clean.   She is what her ancestors would have called a tomboy.   A old hunter Drew Moore, who was skilled in animal husbandry and archery.   He was 83 years old when she first started to bug him to teach her how to make bows and hunt.  For old Drew was born two years after they world had gone to crap and people messed it up.   He had learned his skills from men and women who had lived prior to the end of civilization as one had known it.  Angelique was 9 at that time.  For the next twelve years she follow him around, learning everything she could from him.   As soon as she could get away from her mother schooling her.   Teaching her all the things how to be a woman and take care of their man.  As old Mr Moore despite his age still got around and hunted all the way to the day he died.       

Six years later she is a hunter for the group.   She is one of the few who go beyond the caves into the lands that their ancestors had destroyed.    She is usually dressed in a leather and animal skin bikinis she has fashioned from animals she has hunted and killed.  She also has made herself leather bracers and sandals.    Her choice weapon is a short bow.   Anything larger would be to large to handle in the close confines of some of the passages of the caves.   Besides hunting she forages out in the no man lands.   

At 27 she still has to take a mate.  The truth she has not been with a man.   She has kissed another girl in the group.   But that was nothing more then inquisitive sexual exploring with some petting of each others enlarging breasts at 16.    She has never been with a man is still a virgin.

Despite being a tom boy she is a petite curvy bodacious woman at 5'1", weighing 144 lbs, with ample large endowed bosom.  She will never be that subservient baby making mate that cooks, mends and cleans the homestead.  But she does want children and she is beginning to feel she is getting too old.    The newcomers, the group that has joined them, perhaps will have someone that will interest her.   

Her father is her rock, her idol, her infatuation.  Not in a incestuous way  but as a measure to what she would want in a mate.    Who unlike her sister has allowed her learn to hunt.   An has not put on any pressure for her to take a mate, well not yet.

Her two siblings are both younger then her.   Dominic her brother is 25 years old.  Even thou he is adopted brother.  Angelique looks upon him as a true brother of blood and she loves him in a brotherly fashion.   She knows one day her father will appoint him leader.    Not that she has not thought of why not me.   However, she is not so naive enough to think that he will her.   As she will one day want children and well being a leader is not part time.  An she will back Dominic one hundred percent in being the leader.   Any sister would do such,  he is a Rivera.

Then there is Isabel the baby of the family.   She is 20, 7 years younger then Angelique.   There father is quite protective about it.   Unlike herself,  Isabel had to sneak to learn how to use a bow.   As father pushed her into becoming a healer.   Angelique often feels sorry for her kid sister.   She loves her sister dearly in a sisterly fashion.   Although she tries not to,  being older she sometimes comes off motherly to Isabel.  Which she tries not to do.   Especially since she is planning to confide in her younger sister that she is still a virgin and well what should she do,  she is getting up in age and all that.   Soon it be expected she mate, but who.    As she suspects rather strongly Isabel and Nathan have hooked up.  Nathan being Isabel's best friend.

Face Claim:
Paula Manzanal

Bruja Amethyst

I love them all! Thank you guys!

We still need someone who wants to play The LEADER / FATHER RIVERA

And just other people in general. Will keep you guys updated!
Storylines = 10

Gannameade

Lovely Character Elven as always!!

Elven Sex Goddess

azzmeister89

I like how she suspects about Isa and Nathan but hasn't said anything. Very elder sister like

TheHangedOne

Name:  Leon Nahuel
Sexuality: Hetero
Paraiso Native? No
Job: Fighter, brewer

Skills:
Knife Fighter: Leon, much as his name might imply--it literally meaning 'lion'--is a superbly proud, and skilled fighter at close quarters. His tendency is to use twin knives (similar to karambits, but a bit longer, and fixed blade rather than folding).
Ambidexterity: A high degree of ambidexterity; he has no 'dominant' hand, using them both equally well.
Reflexes: The thing about fighting in extremely close quarters, as he does, is that you need to know how to move; and oh boy, does he know how. If somebody could teach him to dance, he'd probably be a master at it in a month or two.
Photo-sensitivity/Dark-sight:  He is light sensitive, so he suffers quite a bit on visual activities during bright days, or when in bright lighting conditions. However, on the flip side, his eyes quickly adapt to dark environments, and he seems to be able to see clearer and better than most in the murk. Because of this, he tends to be nocturnal.
Brewing: One of the oldest arts in the world is how to make alcohol. He can't put together anything too impressive, but he does make short beers pretty well, if he has the ingredients (a short beer is about 1% ABV; just enough alcohol to kill off any bacteria or parasites that might be in the water, making it safer to drink). He's trying to improve his 'repertoire' beyond smashing together some herbs or berries, adding wild yeast, and what have you.

Bio: Leon's father was a brewer, but the two never really saw eye to eye; the 'little lion' figured they were better off just scavenging and hunting than making things, a fact he now regrets as he is older and more mature.  He knows a basic recipe, and now experiments to try and find new and interesting ways to combine things to produce potent potables.

He learned to fight young, and had a good aptitude for it, though his photo-sensitivity has always been an issue (especially because where in the heck are you going to find sunglasses a hundred years after the world has ended). Taking that into account, the 'family' he was previously with figured out pretty quickly that he was much less effective at day than at night; combined with his focus on combat skills, he became the 'night watchman', raising the alarm if anything bad was headed their way, and buying time for people to get up, and get into the fray.

He trained with Gigi during their clan's fighting classes, and the two got to know each other through a sort of mutual respect for generally being the 'kick ass, take no names' sort. When she went the route of the hunter, and he chose to stay on as a sentinel, he always wished her luck. He even went out with her a few times, when his father needed to gather herbs or berries for his brewing. She'd be out hunting game, he'd be collecting the things he needed, and if shit got real, they had each other's backs.

Running off of a barter economy, he'd some times make deals with Gigi, offering her some of the better brews his father produced for some of the better cuts of meat. Even when not making such deals, he usually had a short beer on hand to welcome the hunting parties back, whether they succeeded or not.

They also found the occasional quiet moment to get some mutual stress relief from each other, but their relationship has always had a casual flair to it; both are too weary to form a strong attachment, because they're so used to not knowing what the next day would bring, never mind looking beyond to the future.

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

azzmeister89

Ok so we just need the father now right? Then we can pick up other characters as we go

Gannameade

Bruja Amethyst

Name:  Leon Nahuel
Sexuality: Hetero
Paraiso Native? No
Job: Fighter, brewer
Skills:
Knife Fighter: Leon, much as his name might imply--it literally meaning 'lion'--is a superbly proud, and skilled fighter at close quarters. His tendency is to use twin knives (similar to karambits, but a bit longer, and fixed blade rather than folding).
Ambidexterity: A high degree of ambidexterity; he has no 'dominant' hand, using them both equally well.
Reflexes: The thing about fighting in extremely close quarters, as he does, is that you need to know how to move; and oh boy, does he know how. If somebody could teach him to dance, he'd probably be a master at it in a month or two.
Photo-sensitivity/Dark-sight:  He is light sensitive, so he suffers quite a bit on visual activities during bright days, or when in bright lighting conditions. However, on the flip side, his eyes quickly adapt to dark environments, and he seems to be able to see clearer and better than most in the murk. Because of this, he tends to be nocturnal.
Brewing: One of the oldest arts in the world is how to make alcohol. He can't put together anything too impressive, but he does make short beers pretty well, if he has the ingredients (a short beer is about 1% ABV; just enough alcohol to kill off any bacteria or parasites that might be in the water, making it safer to drink). He's trying to improve his 'repertoire' beyond smashing together some herbs or berries, adding wild yeast, and what have you.
Bio: Leon's father was a brewer, but the two never really saw eye to eye; the 'little lion' figured they were better off just scavenging and hunting than making things, a fact he now regrets as he is older and more mature.  He knows a basic recipe, and now experiments to try and find new and interesting ways to combine things to produce potent potables.

He learned to fight young, and had a good aptitude for it, though his photo-sensitivity has always been an issue (especially because where in the heck are you going to find sunglasses a hundred years after the world has ended). Taking that into account, the 'family' he was previously with figured out pretty quickly that he was much less effective at day than at night; combined with his focus on combat skills, he became the 'night watchman', raising the alarm if anything bad was headed their way, and buying time for people to get up, and get into the fray.

I like it! I would like to see a face claim if you got one! I have a character in another RP that uses karambits! i think they are great. I have a few myself. So hit my up, if you have any question on that. and we can work on the bio together if you'd like. Add me on Discord.

So I'm tempted to call this not quite a WIP, but rather, a rough draft. Feed back on skills would be greatly appreciated, and I do plan to flesh the bio out a bit more.

Also, as I intended him to be from the new group, and it seems like Gigi is from said group: babygirl, if you're up for it, want to plot a bit? Maybe have some involved history?

Like I said, hit me up if you want any help. I think it's very well thought out myself, but it's your character.

If it's from the large group that just moved in with their leader, yes. And we can talk about it for sure. Either PM me or add me on Discord.

Storylines = 10

Bruja Amethyst

Quote from: azzmeister89 on August 19, 2018, 08:07:36 AM
Ok so we just need the father now right? Then we can pick up other characters as we go

Yeah. i would like to see someone who is wanting to play a character to CHALLENGE the leadership of the Rivera's or intends to take it for themselves. But idk who would be willing to do that xD
Storylines = 10

stormwyrm

I'm going to repeat what I told Elven when I received a a PM invitation:

Hmm interesting. I might even be interested in playing the Padre de Familia himself, Don Eligio Clemente Rivera y López. His primary skills are in metalworking and gunsmithing, and it is thanks to him that Paraiso is one of the few places in the world where there are working guns. He can make flintlock muskets and has even made a cannon that has been used to repel bandits. Since gunpowder is hard to make these crude firearms are to be used only for the defence of the community. I'll build up this character concept sketch a bit more more when I have the time if it is acceptable. :-)
If there is such a phenomenon as absolute evil, it consists in treating another human being as a thing.
O/OA/A, Requests

Bruja Amethyst

Quote from: stormwyrm on August 19, 2018, 05:51:27 PM
I'm going to repeat what I told Elven when I received a a PM invitation:

Hmm interesting. I might even be interested in playing the Padre de Familia himself, Don Eligio Clemente Rivera y López. His primary skills are in metalworking and gunsmithing, and it is thanks to him that Paraiso is one of the few places in the world where there are working guns. He can make flintlock muskets and has even made a cannon that has been used to repel bandits. Since gunpowder is hard to make these crude firearms are to be used only for the defence of the community. I'll build up this character concept sketch a bit more more when I have the time if it is acceptable. :-)

That would be great. I'd love to see what you have planned!
Storylines = 10

Elven Sex Goddess

Thank you guys for taking a interest and responding to this.   

Wyatt

Part of a dual submission, the rest of the backstory to be completed by the player of Rose...who also has the pic for the pair (-;

Name: Edgerrin “Edge” Portman
Paraiso Native? Not originally, but two to four years present at game start, negotiable
Job:   Jack of all trades, Master of One
Skills:  Mechanic/Plumber/Fixer and maker of things

Bio: Edge was born in an underground facility in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico, or what was left of it.  a quirky town once known for self-explanatory reasons as “Hot Springs”, the reason for its hauntingly strange current name was long forgotten by the time edge was born.  With a mix of Ute, Navajo and Caucasian blood, in what parts and percentages he has no idea, in his background, Edge is a striking figure at just a shade over 6’4” in height and a long, lean and strong 227 lbs in weight.

Survival of a group in Truth or Consequences during the time of the War of Fire as so many called it there, the fiery glow seen in the distance everywhere one could look, was achieved through some of the unique characteristics and places within and about the town.  Caves with natural hot springs were an enormous help in creating, sheltering and maintaining an ecosystem that could sustain a dozen or so families, though the number had lessened considerable by the time of his birth.  More than just nature favored the strange place, as it was also the sight of the world’s first, and apparently last, Spaceport, two companies having built or in the process of building their facilities there, each with a labyrinth of underground tunnels, machines, generators and all with walkways and even one small railway connecting the well-insulated and tech and mechanical device heavy ports.

Some even claimed that blast tings, scorch marks in a large and only partly underground silo structure were left there when the wealthiest citizens of Earth escaped the apocalypse in one or more passenger rockets, leaving a dying earth behind for a new home to be sought out among the stars.  Such tales were legend and myth by the time Edge was a child, and he worried more about simply surviving in a colony where internecine warfare and disease had halved and then halved again the number who lived there by the time of his birth.  The foods they ate were heavy on simple plants, beans, meat came from dessert hares caught in the wild and allowed to grow radiation free and graze in the springs and tunnels thick with moss and lichens.

Taking things apart, putting them back together, some with manuals that he could decipher, most without, Edge has a natural talent for mechanical devices, fixing, adapting and even inventing them, in a way, perhaps reinventing being a better word, for purposes both needed and at times just to amuse himself.  By the time he turned 26, the residents of Truth or Consequences, once shortened to “T or C” and then to “Torch” were distantly departed from all modes of normal human behavior, with their leader dictating the creation of gladiatorial games.  At first these involved local champions, so called, fighting and slaughtering outsiders, people welcome, but only welcome to become sport, not residents.  When none showed for a time, the leader decreed that the gladiators, something she, for the leader was a woman of frightful intellect and ruthlessness, should fight each other.

Edge survived by first avoiding the battles, for they were useless, bloody, stupid show put on for the insane pleasures of a mad woman too many nearly worshipped, and when finally drafted into the ‘Games’, by using his mind and body, as well as some ingeniously crafted weapons, to disable, and if decreed, to destroy his opponents.  One dark summer night a cabal of outsiders, including a woman, Rose by name, whose fragile beauty and far from fragile fire and resilience, struck a deep and powerful chord within Edge that none ever had.  He was no virgin, sex was easily enough had in the colony, traded as much as goods and services of other kinds were, but from her he sought, he needed, he wanted so much more.

In the end, or was it a new beginning, he would have her, before he reached Utopia in Paraiso, he would find it with her.  Rose would be his no matter how much blood need be spilled nor whose blood it was staining his hands and soul, as red as the crimson hued petals of temptation she would alwyas be to him until she was his own...

((To be continued))

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”
Ons, Offs and Stuff   
Story Ideas
Apologies and Absences

TheHangedOne

So me and BabyGirl have been chattering, and I wanted to toss an idea out there, and see what others thought/felt about it: What if the new, incoming group of people are Social Darwinists (they might not actually have the term to explain it in character, but for out of character purposes, they are some permutation of that idea; the strong thrive, the weak get culled). The idea came as we were discussing history, kind of went off on a tangent, and the idea that they had been dealing with less security, and more scarcity, in their territory was the reason why they would adopt that sort of societal approach to life.
Check out my poet tree!

Wyatt

In discussing the background for Edge and Rose who will be at Iso for about a year prior to the game start, with both BG and Rose's creator, my idea that dovetails with that for Rose's earlier background is that many of the collections of people that survived have long been without any real grasp on stable systems of morality and societal norms for a very long time.  Some of these places will crumble because of a scarcity of resources from food to fresh water to medicine, while others will combust on a social level the way Edge's originating home, Torch (heavy on the irony there) was in the process of doing when he left.

For the nomadic sorts, turned out from those others less lasting Utopias and Hells, there would certainly be a Social and actual Darwinism going on, each in its own way, since evolution and natural selection do not select for a singular trait in complex creatures and times, but a collection of possible advantages and adaptations for survival.

It sounds like a cool concept generally and makes sense, though defining the 'strong' can be a complex and less than obvious thing to do.
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”
Ons, Offs and Stuff   
Story Ideas
Apologies and Absences

Elven Sex Goddess

Well if that is the case with social Darwinism.   Especially under the umbrella of the species to survive and needing to propagate.   

I can envision a more chauvinistic attitude in the men's disposition.    An more reluctance in allowing women to hunt or even be a fighters.   Becoming more protective in nature.    While those in the no man lands that may have been twisted my rape and pillage.    I think a more instinctual level among a more orderly society developing with the need to ensure the species survives.   Women would expected to be mated, pregnant with protector.   Those that did not would not hold much place in such a society.   

Which pretty much really going to rock my character's world as she has been a hunter and has had no relationships.     

Bruja Amethyst

Well i was seeing more of a packed idea behind them. The utopia group might be a lot less aggressive, while the newer group is because they just have that background. I wasn't really seeing it being male dominated but i can totally see that being a thing. I do seem them being less... civilized than Paraiso group. I really want someone who likes to play a character who would like to challenge the Rivera family and try to get themselves to lead everyone in the utopia.
Storylines = 10

Bruja Amethyst

i'd also like the note that if a female is up for being that person, that is also okay. i just see this outside group being a lot more aggressive than the Paraiso group.

either way i'd like to see the Elder Rivera being very smart and cunning and also not above having his children help him settle things. E.I. Maybe the idea of a marriage or something.  Tribal connections.

But that being said, i'd like to see the outsider leader also being very smart and aggressive to take what s/he thinks they are better at. If that makes sense...
Storylines = 10

TheHangedOne

At least between Babygirl's character and mine, we seemed focused on the idea that people develop very shallow relationships with a lot of people, but they don't form strong attachments to individuals because of how death is basically one bad hand of cards away, even at the best of times. So it turns a bit more like a hive mentality; everybody had to have a job.  Everybody had to be 'one for all' sort of deal, maybe.

I think an interesting aspect of this story will be seeing how the different 'cultures' end up interacting with each other, and if a new united culture, with ideals taken from all over the groups, eventually emerges.
Check out my poet tree!

azzmeister89

In contrast however to Gigi and Leon, Nathan and Isabel seem quite the strong and established couple, it will be nice to see the two sort play off each other in various ways.

Bruja Amethyst

Well Gigi and Leon aren’t so much a couple as they are people who trade things. Sex is just one of the trades. Neither of them are committed to each other.
Storylines = 10

azzmeister89

Exactly, on the other hand Nathan and Isabel are. It's why the interactions between them involving that is going to be interesting.

Bruja Amethyst

Oh I see what you’re saying now!
Storylines = 10

TheHangedOne

It should be quite interesting. Culture clash can make for an amazing thing.

Also, I have totally updated Leon's sheet, now complete with a sexy-badass picture, courtesy of BabyGirl.  ;)
Check out my poet tree!

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: TheHangedMan on August 20, 2018, 09:45:20 AM
At least between Babygirl's character and mine, we seemed focused on the idea that people develop very shallow relationships with a lot of people, but they don't form strong attachments to individuals because of how death is basically one bad hand of cards away, even at the best of times. So it turns a bit more like a hive mentality; everybody had to have a job.  Everybody had to be 'one for all' sort of deal, maybe.

I think an interesting aspect of this story will be seeing how the different 'cultures' end up interacting with each other, and if a new united culture, with ideals taken from all over the groups, eventually emerges.

I can see it opposite.  That shallow relationships and the baser need to sake a itch is detrimental to society.   That only the strength of a bond will the species survive.   

I like the development of thesis behind the plot lines being discussed the basic backdrop of tension and clash of ideas in how one views the world and life around them,  the goals towards achieving such. 

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on August 20, 2018, 08:03:19 PM
I can see it opposite.  That shallow relationships and the baser need to sake a itch is detrimental to society.   That only the strength of a bond will the species survive.   

I like the development of thesis behind the plot lines being discussed the basic backdrop of tension and clash of ideas in how one views the world and life around them,  the goals towards achieving such. 
Aye. Different cultures do evolve (and devolve) differently. I think the biggest thing I'm looking forward to in this game will be the idea of a culture clash. Two different things meet and mix; what will come out of it in the end?
Check out my poet tree!

Wyatt

Edge and Rose are intensely close, almost dangerously so, after all, how her former lover died and why, at Edge's hands, is a very murky bit of business.  I can see the power of clinging one to another, finding solace and comfort and passion in a singular other soul, but the other way makes sense too, and indeed, the clash will make things interesting. (-:
Ons, Offs and Stuff   
Story Ideas
Apologies and Absences

Bruja Amethyst

do we think, once we get maybe a elder rivera and another character, i should do a character sheet thread? or just keep them posted here. i don't want too many places to have to go. but i'd like to use a link for my head that leads to my Character sheets.
Storylines = 10

azzmeister89

A character sheet thread sounds good, if we forget a bit of information about someone it would make it easier to find them.

TheHangedOne

Count me as a third vote for it. Not only does it make it easier to reference things, but we have more than enough players to have a few threads going.
Check out my poet tree!

azzmeister89

So do we have anyone interested in the last two roles? I'm really excited to start this game.

Catella

Character Sheet Thread = Yes, please.

Also, I am the one assuming the role of Rose and should (hopefully) have her sheet up sometime today.

|| My O/O's | Currently: Closed for stories ||

Bruja Amethyst

We MIGHT have two people interested in the elder Rivera spot, but neither have said anything yet. I will be working on making a challenger from the outsider group after work today.

Cat I look forward to seeing your character sheet.

I WILL MAKE A THREAD!

I’m really excited to get this one up and going. If you guys know anyone who would be interested in play, doesn’t have to be the roles I’m looking for, please do invite them to play!
Storylines = 10

Bruja Amethyst

I am going to be making the character sheet thread tonight.

Does anyone here use Discord? I use that to talk to people on E on the time so i figured it's better than an OOC room. That's just too many threads. lol! Anyways, I can make a server and put a link in here incase there are things you guys want to talk about.
Storylines = 10

Bruja Amethyst

Storylines = 10

Bruja Amethyst

Hey stormwyrm, are you still with us and interested in play the elder Rivera? or another character all together? i am hoping to get this up and running this weekend.

Also i am wondering if people would prefer an OOC thread, or a Discord server. Please let me know what works best for you all!

Thanks for being so patient everyone!
Storylines = 10

azzmeister89

I personally prefer a ooc thread

Elven Sex Goddess

Bruja Amethyst

Storylines = 10

Norsegod1839

Name:   Maximilian Rivera (Max)
Sexuality: Straight
Paraiso Native? YEs
Job: Community Leader
Skills:

Smooth Talker

Strategist

Mechanically Inclined

Expert Boxer

Bio:

This world is all he knows, all he'd ever know.

Max was born long after the bombs dropped. Long after radiation tore the world before apart. He knew nothing of comfort save for the small community of Parasio. Tall Tales of the world before carried him off to bed every night from his ancestors. However those stories weren't told without the golden rule.

That they would never go back to that.

Parasio was his reality. Unlike his ancestors who were unsure about taking command he embraced being a community leader. He pushed himself to learn everything he needed to know about the community, the tunnels, and their life. He spearheaded many community programs and was also responsible for many expansions into the surrounding area. When it became time for him to lead he took charge with pride and happiness. His biggest thing has been working as peacefully as possible. He despises violence unless absolutely needed. That DOES NOT mean he is a push over or not a bad ass in his own way.

Of his people the ones he prize the most are the daughters of his late wife. They along with his adopted son represent the very best of him and his world. Is he over protective of them? Yes sometimes he is. Yet he loves them more than anything in the world. More importantly he is proud of them and the women they have become. The only one who he holds so closely is his adopted son.  He's long since stopped mourning his dead wife . He has not forgotten her he's simply in a place where he can and might move on

Bruja Amethyst

Storylines = 10

Norsegod1839

Nah that you and Elven for the invite!

Wyatt

Ons, Offs and Stuff   
Story Ideas
Apologies and Absences

Norsegod1839

Elven Sex Goddess

Yes a very big welcome NG  :-)

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

azzmeister89

Awesome new character..... one issue though, you'll want to make him older by ten or more years, as it looks right now he would have been 11/12 when he had his first child

Elven Sex Goddess

Bruja Amethyst

Good catch guys.

Norse if you wanna out like early to mid flurries and lead that sort of opened ended that’s okay. It could be thag his wife and he started a family young. Hell, my parents we’re 17.
Storylines = 10

Norsegod1839

I'll do 45 thanks for letting me know.

Bruja Amethyst

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=292549.0

THIS IS STILL OPEN, JUST LET ME KNOW IN HERE IF YOU WANT TO JOIN! Thanks!
Storylines = 10

Bruja Amethyst

We are now in need of a blacksmith if anyone thinks they can play the part. THANKS!

PS you can still join if you don’t want to play a blacksmith
Storylines = 10