The World of Zhor

Started by Rune, July 18, 2018, 09:25:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wenterburn

Ah, I was suggesting something like a Murder on the Orient Express sort of thing.

The group of us succeeded in a coup or heist, and are being pursued, perhaps together or scattered. But while we're together we are suspicious and distrustful, maybe even sabotage each other. Eventually we are captured and shamed anyway

Kyra tg

Time of change is important. I’m a fan of knock out wake up changed. Not slow but quick. Where are other people sitting. I know it’s meant to be a week in the Zhor universe but I’m thinking an hour max.

Kyra tg

And yeah. Characters for the war band.

Name

Rank

Description / physical / personality

Ons

Offs

Speed of change

Max

Think we should agree on how long the change takes place before hand.  To be truthful, has been awhile since I looked at the Zhor stuff, but it seemed to me that the change took a bit of time, maybe a couple of days or so.  Not sure.  But not, "Oh, I got hit with this dart...  Eek, I am a woman!" type things.  And that that the change would knock out the victim while it happened.  So, if the change does take a long time, if we are doing the picked off one by one thing, the ones that are ruked will be out of play for quite a while.

"Are you into whips and chains too?"
"No, chainsaws."  (just kidding)

Ons and offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4738.new#new

Kyra tg

The darts can be laced with a sedative so being knocked out is optional. The process is painful and debilitating and takes about a week.

I prefer an hour to say six to change to keep the players in game. And a painless one though not one where much physical action can occur - unless absolutely necessary. It’s tiring and hungry making. Knock out would be undesirable... except perhaps at night. Making camp... etc. But we should have horses so the party will not leave people if the change is in the day. Short time jumps of an hour to six will be easy I expect. An hour or six of mad riding from an enemy can be compressed in an encounter. And the need to quietly hide for some time might come up.

Wenterburn

Name: Edgard Vault

Rank: Line Leader, Second Horse Lancer Troop of Prydferth

Description / physical / personality: Edgard is a tall, athletic man, with a physique most resembling a climber than a brute soldier. Enemies underestimate his slimmer frame, but his great reach and surprising strength has left many a corpse in the street -- as well as his surprising ability to gain vertical clearance in a vault befitting his name. As a Line Leader of the Horse Lancer Troop, he is an excellent rider and has crushed hundreds of men in charges. The infamous Horse Lancers are so well-regarded that he easily makes connections with soldiers and wannabe aristocrats (who dream about being soldiers), and so when not fighting he serves as "the man who knows a man" among the conspirators. He is a philanderer especially with soft noblewomen, and often presses them to try passion nectar or work as a dexing girl for a weekend.

Ons
+ Lash mistresses, slave auctions, being bought by former girlfriends
+ Being second, please!
+ Reduced to low status, being put on show, maybe even forbidden clothes

Offs
+ Pain, pregnancy,

Speed of change
+ Slow is good. Progressive changes?
+ Only request is not to be the first to be changed.

Max

Hi there.  Still interested in a Zhorian game, but not so much the current idea, sorry.

Ons and offs:

Wenterburn

sure. that last idea seems less popular too.

what kind of story were you thinking?

Max

I do like Kyra's idea of of the players visiting a seedy tavern and getting ruked and having to try to escape. 

I also like the idea of hunting forest girls and getting caught and ruked by them.  Or perhaps criminals who are on the losing side and ruked by the new criminal master criminals.

Or maybe we are criminals, ruked for our crimes and sold at public auction?

Or perhaps we are all patrons or slaves at the Zhorian version of a paga den?

Ons and offs:

Kyra tg

I’m open to all of those. You decide Max. They all sound fun.

Swordsman18

I wondered if using a system for something like Zhor would appeal to anyone?

Wenterburn

What system would you suggest swords

Swordsman18

Ones I am familiar with and can run:
Dungeons and Dragons 5e
Dungeon World
Savage Worlds

Never ran but interested:
Open Legend RPG (Fully customizable and open source)

If we want to go super basic:
Risus (Cliches = Classes)
3:16 (Only 2 stats, Fighting Ability and Non-Fighting Ability)
Murderhobos (Very basic system based off killing things)

Max

I like the seedy tavern story idea the best. 

As for the idea of using a system, I am not opposed, but have absolutely no experience with any of those systems.  I do not own any of them.  Is D&D 5E available on pdf?  Not that I really have any preference for any other them.

Not saying that I am opposed, just that I don't have any of them or any experience with them, so would need lots of help.

Ons and offs:

Kyra tg

I’m happy to play in a simple rule based game. Don’t want to gm one though. Charisma, intelligence and physical prowess stats.

Swordsman18

I was not trying to usurp you, Kyra. I was just wondering if people were system interested.

Max

I am fine with either a system or free form game.

Ons and offs:

Kyra tg

Sorry if I came across wrong - I’m Not upset or anything swordsman. The contrary. I’m just not good at system online games - don’t think I’d make it work - so would not want to run one. I’m in on the game regardless though. Happy to abdicate to another if it keeps things going with more people. The more the merrier ;) - I thought this idea had died so anything that keeps it going and breathes life into it is great.

craeric

I'm still interested, simply been unsure what to say or do.  Personally I lean to the serum slave side myself but i'm game.  For myself the idea of a ruked dualist- a kind of russian roulette with five placebo's and the serum for a masive bet, the looser (Transformed) sent to market to help pay the winners, sounds a fun backstory too.

Wenterburn

Hey all!
So it sounds like Swords has an interest in running a systemed game -- and if he runs that most people would be generally OK so long as the rules were laid out and all.

Alternatively, Max and Kyra and Craeric all have potential settings for the game.

If I'm honest, it sounds like everybody is on board with whoever is prepared to run the game. So, any volunteers? :D