Rune Soldier: Dark Castle! OOC

Started by Gladiator0161, September 22, 2010, 01:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gladiator0161

Hey all, Gladiator here once again!

I've been thinking about doing a midievil/fantasy rp for quite a while now and I've come up with a basic storyline that I think should be fun for everyone involved. It takes place in the midevil/fantasy era, so swords, bows, magic, Knights in armor, Elves, Dwarves and all that good stuff.

I've based the RP off of a anime tv series that didn't last too long. You might know it and you might not. It was called RUNE SOLDIER.

I was planning on playing a Dark Elf, who's been a little of everything, an ex-Assassin, a Mage, Swordsman but currently is a Scout named Tulinduel Vvardell.

I'd like someone to play the roles of a Thief, Mage, Warrior, Archer/Arcane Archer, Swordsman (Yes, there is a difference between a Swordsman and a Warrior), or a Assassin. Remember, this is an RP off of Rune Soldier which was a action/comedy/romance, so please keep it light in general. Anyone having to do with the Bad Guy can be as dark as they want,  just no being excessive with the gore factor please. Also, if we go without posts for an excessive time period, say three weeks, without a comment in here or a PM to me. I will be either taking over characters or killing them off. I don't want to be carrying this thread by myself.

K that being said, here's the story.

Rune Soldier: Dark Castle

A party of four adventurers (it can be more but I figured we'd keep it simple for now :D), who have traveled together for some time now, go out on regular expeditions in the surrounding country, both to make some cash and have a little fun at the same time. Where our story picks up is our troop is headed on yet another adventure, this time to a Castle Ruin not far out from the castle village of Ohfun.

(I'm planning on it taking atleast a day to get there so that we can have some fun with dialogue and such, or maybe some bandits that attack us, so it's not just boom boom battle all the time. B'cause that gets boring.)

They get to the castle and find it heavily guarded with Minotaurs, Ogres, Goblins and probably some magical traps. This ofcourse spurs our troop on, because nothing this heavily guarded is going to be bare of treasure! What they don't expect though, is that a Necromancer/Mage has taken up residence inside and has attracted all these nasty things to protect him while he tries to create the perfect warrior. Unfortunately for him, it's not going to work and becomes a huge mishapen monstrosity with alot of power and a hunger for killing. So, in order to protect Ohfun, our Heroes have to kill the monster thing and possibly the Necromancer/Mage.

(It kinda depends if anyone wants to play the bad guy or not, because if not, then I'll NPC him and kill him off. If someone wants to play him though, it's up to them how he either, defeats the Heroes, fights the Heroes to a stalemate and gets away or just gets away entirely.)

Ok, that's it! Please join me!

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Gladiator0161

Awesome! You are officially the first person to show any interest.

Have any idea on what class of character you'd like to play?

TheHangedOne

I have a preference towards playing a squishy wizard/spellslinger type.
Check out my poet tree!

BenedictWolfe

Tentatively interested, depending on turn out. I'm always looking for fantasy adventures for my half-ogre ranger.

Gladiator0161

A half Ogre Ranger....interesting, lol. Well, I'll be glad to have you along, should you decide to stay that is.

Spice

Cool game concept. I'd love to play a thief, but I'm flexible. When I get into classes like thief and wizard, I tend to think in D&D terms as that's the roots for my fantasy role play background. Then I think in terms of levels and how powerful the characters will be. I don't have a preference, it's just helpful in creating the character and her background. A cynical master thief, a high spirited youngster, etc. Anyway, I'm bookmarking this thread.

Tabtab

Sounds like fun. I'd be cool with playing almost any kind of character for this kind of RP, but in particular I have a half-oni warrior I'd be interested in utilizing. She's geared like a tank but acts more like a berserker, prone to rash decisions and bouts of overconfidence which often get her into trouble.

By the way, what can we expect from the RP in terms of structure? Will there be any dice-rolling or will it play purely freeform?
O&O

LongN4

I'm in if your still wanting players.
"Robin Hood has thou been stealing my valuables and giving them to the poor?"
"Yes"
"and you've stolen my girlfirend to?"
"Yes"
"and now your giving her to the poor?"
"YES!"
"Your giving her to the poor?"
"Yes, that is what I said!"

Gladiator0161

LongN4, Tabtab, Spice. Welcome aboard, and I've looked over your character ideas and I think we can work something out, though I'm not sure what an Oni is, lol.

To answer your question Tabtab I was just planning on keeping it freeform, since rolling dice is kinda pointless on a forum based site, since anyone can be like "Oh yeah, I rolled another nine!". That's just my opinion though.

Also, you guys should know that my brother's computer broke down a few days ago, and mine's been KO'd for months now.
So, I'm currently using my dad's computer until my new labtop arrives. So prepare for sporadic posting for atleast 3 or 4 weeks, hopefully it will come sooner though.

Anyone else that is interested in this thread please PM me, as I will notice PM's first when I get on and reply to them first. The same goes for any questions that anyone might have. I'm sorry to throw this on you guys but, it can't be helped. Thanks for your cooperation.

Spice

I am definitely still interested. I have no problem with sporadic posting until you get your new laptop. I'll come up with a more detailed write up for my character. If you can, give me an idea of how powerful our characters should be in terms of experience and abilities. As for freeform, I'm totally good with freeform. I did note they have a dice roller of some sorts for this site. But I've never used it myself.

Spice

Gladiator0161

I didn't know this site had a dice roller...interesting. Thanks for that Spice :D

As far as experience goes, I was thinking that since my character is going to have at-least 3 different classes under his belt that, if you guys wanted to do similar that would be fine with me. I mean, my character's gonna be a nice guy but, even saving someone over and over is gonna get on his nerves, y'know?

Now as soon as everyone has their characters in mind that they want to play, please say so, either in here or in a PM, and I'll start the RP thread in the NC:Human Free Form-Small Groups section and upload a link when I'm done.

Just to get the brain rolling a little and to also give an example of the very basic character descriptions I'd like, here's my character.

Name: Tulinduel Vvardell
Race: Dark Elf
Height: 6'0" Weight: 215 lbs
Build: Athletic
Sex: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Class: Advanced Scout with a history of being an Assassin, Mage, and a Swordsman.

You can add in an Appearance if you want or a pic of your character but that's it really. The rest we can make up as we go.

Tabtab

Name: Elsa Alvune
Race: Half-Oni
Height: 6'3" Weight: 170
Appearance: Tall and remarkably strong, with a toned yet busty build. Several tattoos adorn the rear left side of her body, on her arm, leg and shoulder blade. Her reddish skin and vestigial horns betray her inhuman parentage.
Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight (at least while sober)
Class: Warrior

Quote from: Gladiator0161though I'm not sure what an Oni is, lol.
Oni is basically the Japanese word for "demon" or "ogre", though they're different from the typical western depictions of those creatures. I guess a half-oni would be similar to a Tiefling in the D&D universe, though in this case with more subdued demonic features.
O&O

Gladiator0161

QuoteOni is basically the Japanese word for "demon" or "ogre", though they're different from the typical western depictions of those creatures. I guess a half-oni would be similar to a Tiefling in the D&D universe, though in this case with more subdued demonic features.

Oh ok! I got it now that you said that. The pic helped too but, mostly that info, lol. Thanks for that Tabtab. Very nice pic btw, I look forward to playing with this one, hehehe  >:)

TheHangedOne

Edit: Adding additional details simply because I want to, for my own references. Yes, I did kind of butcher some of the Invocations (for those of you who are D&D aficionados). If any of these powers aren't kosher, I will remove or retool them.

Name: Elrik Crowley
Race: Tiefling. Carrying the very taint of evil in their forms, and perhaps their very souls, Tiefling's are often persecuted and feared throughout the planes. Because they are descended from evil outsiders, those who know their ancestry immediately consider most Tiefling's evil and untrustworthy. Not all Tiefling's are evil or untrustworthy, but enough are that the prejudice tends to cling.
Height: 5'10
Weight: 200 lbs
Build: Medium
Sex: Male
Class: Warlock. Born of a supernatural bloodline, a Warlock seeks to master the perilous magic that suffuses his soul.  Unlike sorcerers and wizards, who approach magic through the medium of spells, Warlocks invoke powerful magic through nothing more than an effort of will.  By harnessing his innate magical gift through fearsome determination, a Warlock can perform feats of supernatural stealth, beguile the weak-minded, or scour his foes with blasts of eldritch power. The font of dark magic burning in their souls makes them resistant to many forms of attack and arms them with dangerous power. Warlocks learn to harness their power to perform a small number of specific attacks and tricks called invocations. Warlocks make up for their lack of versatility by being tougher and more resilient than sorcerers or wizards.

Invocation List/Class Skills:

Eldritch Blast: A Warlock attacks his foes with Eldritch power, using baleful magical energy to deal damage and sometimes impart other debilitating effects.
Brimstone Blast: Tinges the Eldritch Blast with fire magic.
Vitriolic Blast: Changes the Eldritch Blast to use conjured acid, rather than magical power to cause damage.
Dark Foresight: Glimpses the future briefly through arcane means. For approximately half an hour, he can never be surprised or flat-footed, knows if he is being targeted with spells, ranged attacks, sneak attacks, etc., and knows in general what to do in order to be safe (such as “close your eyes”, “jump”, “run”).
Dreadful Seizure: By speaking a word of power and focusing his will, the Warlock casting this invocation can cause pain to surge through the targets body, causing their muscles to quickly tighten and loosen, tighten and loosen. Low chance of cardiac arrest. Incredibly debilitating, and horrible to watch.
See The Unseen: Simply put, this invocation allows one to view invisible people and objects. It lasts for about half an hour.
Check out my poet tree!

Gladiator0161

Sweet! I love the look, this should be an interesting group :D

LongN4

Name: Matthew Mac Calhoun
Race: Human
Height: 6,0
Weight: 170lb
Build: Athletic
Orientation: Omnisexual, "The Love of God is for Everyone!"
Class: Priest
"Robin Hood has thou been stealing my valuables and giving them to the poor?"
"Yes"
"and you've stolen my girlfirend to?"
"Yes"
"and now your giving her to the poor?"
"YES!"
"Your giving her to the poor?"
"Yes, that is what I said!"

Spice

Many great characters. I will add detail to my own, but for now here is her basic information.

Name: Tia
Race: Half-Elf
Height: 5'6" Weight: 125
Appearance: With shoulder length black hair and blue-grey eyes, Tia’s weapon specialty is apparent from the blades worn and concealed upon her person.   
Sex: Female
Class: Rogue

Gladiator0161

Great character concepts! We'll begin the official rp tomarrow. I'm sorry for not being around for the past week or so. My brother's computer went down a few weeks ago and so my posts have been sporadic at best.

Not to worry though, my laptop arrived just today and everything's set and working so my posting will be much more regulated now.
Thanks for your patience guys and I hope I haven't lost any interest! Like I said, I'll post the beginning peice tomarrow.

Tabtab

Looks like the ICC thread has been posted!

Click here!
O&O

Gladiator0161

Thanks for posting the link TabTab, I completely forgot to do that *embarassed laugh*  :-[

Sorry, I've been busy setting up my new laptop and helping some friends move to their new house, but, I am here to stay now!

So post when you're ready everyone!  ;D