Shadowrun (looking for a gm)

Started by Chrisking777, October 29, 2017, 03:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

I'm going to be a Mystic Adept healing focused character, but doesn't mean soft she will have ample other skills to cover defending herself since her magic is a lot more focused on healing. I hope that's okay?

RSGAlex

It should probably work, RubySlippers. I can look over numbers and qualities with an eye towards how it'd work.
Signature Recreation Pending....

Downloading Drivers 1 of @*.

Please wait warmly.

Muse

Good evening everyone. 

I'm down to the fiddily bits.  Any way I can help anyone else? 

Also, RSG, I'm kind of conflicted about giving Tempo the guitaur-case for her assault rifle.  Are we 'pink mohawk' enough that that wouldn't just automaticly tell everyone who ever saw her that this was that girl from that evo girl band?  And--with the armorer skill-what would you want me to pay for that? 

Wonder if I should maybe get her some modular tatoos or something else to obsfucate her identtiy without wearing a mask... 

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

RubySlippers

What about cybernetic skin netting to let her program various styles and tattoos, if there is such a thing, but I can't see why the GM can't make something up that can do the same thing. Then if you want to mask your identity just tap your comm and do it.

Muse

oh ! : D  Good idea!  My second skin armor wil let me do that! :D  CHange my appaprent skin tone too1 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

RSGAlex

Quote from: Muse on November 17, 2017, 10:07:46 PM
  Good evening everyone. 

I'm down to the fiddily bits.  Any way I can help anyone else? 

Also, RSG, I'm kind of conflicted about giving Tempo the guitaur-case for her assault rifle.  Are we 'pink mohawk' enough that that wouldn't just automaticly tell everyone who ever saw her that this was that girl from that evo girl band?  And--with the armorer skill-what would you want me to pay for that? 

Wonder if I should maybe get her some modular tatoos or something else to obsfucate her identtiy without wearing a mask...

I want to make a joke about 'have you seen all the evo girl bands?' but it can certainly be done. You could even make it a Signature thing if you left a case behind. And that use of the armor also works.

Please wait warmly.

RubySlippers

I'm still working on her, she was such a disappointment to her poor Corp parents, but blood is blood they set her up with a Trust Fund and a Corp Identification even if more limited but she isn't pointless she does a lot of work among the poor in the companies charitable arm her way of giving back.

She is still under construction ...

Name: Tatyana Pishchalnikov
Street Handle:
Metatype: Human
Magic Tradition: Alexandrian Wicca
Concept: Corp Charity Doc

[ATTRIBUTES]
BODY  3/5
AGL  3/5
REA  3/5
STR  3/5
WIL  4/6
LOG  4/6
INT  5/6
CHA  3/6
ESS  6
Initiative  8
Edge  3/7
Magic  6
Drain  9
Astral Initiative 10+2d6
Inherent Limits
Mental: 7
Physical: 4
Social: 7
Condition Monitor Boxes
Physical: 14
Stun: 11
Overflow: 3

CONTACTS: EVO Community Services "Suit" [C 3, L3], Russian Orthodox Church Charity Center Priest [C2, L3]

POSITIVE QUALITIES: Bilingual [-5 Karma], Solid Rep - Local EVO Corp [-2 Karma], Speed Reading [-2 Karma], Trust Fund [-5 Karma], Quick Healer [-3 Karma]

NEGATIVE QUALITIES: Corporate Limited SIN [+15 Karma], Infirm [+5 Karma], Prejudiced - Aspected Magicians, Biased  [+3 Karma], Records on File - EVO [+1 Karma]

SKILLS:
[Skill Group] Conjuring 5
Arcana (Spell Design) 4, Clubs (Telescoping Staff) 4, Counterspelling 5, Cybertechnology  3, Etiquette 2,  First Aid  3, Medicine 5, Perception 2, Pilot Ground Vehicles (Wheeled) 2, Pistols (Light Pistols) 3, Spellcasting 5, Unarmed Combat 4

KNOWLEDGE SKILLS: Pharmacy (Generic Drugs) 4, Law (Medical) 3, EVO Corporation (Red Tape) 3

LANGUAGES: English (N), Russian (N), Latin (Arcane) 4

ADEPT POWER [6 PP]: Astral Perception, Improved Reflexes 1, Linguistics, Mystic Armor 6, Natural Immunity.

SPELLS: Antidote, Bind, Control Thoughts, Cure Disease, Heal, Improved Invisibility, Mana Bind, Net Bind, Oxygenate, Stabilize. [I need one more spell.]

EQUIPMENT:

50,000Y

LIFESTYLE: Middle [see Trust Fund]

RSGAlex

Quote from: RubySlippers on November 18, 2017, 12:02:01 PM
I'm still working on her, she was such a disappointment to her poor Corp parents, but blood is blood they set her up with a Trust Fund and a Corp Identification even if more limited but she isn't pointless she does a lot of work among the poor in the companies charitable arm her way of giving back.

She is still under construction ...

Name: Tatyana Pishchalnikov
Metatype: Human
Magic Tradition: Hermetic
Concept: Corp Charity Doc

[ATTRIBUTES]
BODY  3/5
AGL  3/5
REA  3/5
STR  3/5
WIL  4/6
LOG  6/6
INT  3/6
CHA  3/6
ESS  6
INI  6
EDGE  3/7
MAGIC  6
DRAIN  10

POSITIVE QUALITIES: Trust Fund [-5 Karma] , 7 Karma Left

NEGATIVE QUALITIES: Corporate Limited SIN [+15 Karma], Infirm [+5 Karma], Prejudiced - Aspected Magicians, Biased  [+3 Karma], Records on File - EVO [+1 Karma]

SKILLS:
[Skill Group] Conjuring 5
Clubs 4, Counterspelling 5, Cybertechnology  3, Etiquette 3,  First Aid  3, Medicine 4, Perception 3, Pistols 4, Ritual Spellcasting 4, Running 1, Spellcasting 5, Sneak 1, Swimming 1, Unarmed Combat  (Bartitsu) 4

[Martial Art Style - Bartitsu]
Techniques: Kick Attack

ADEPT POWER [6 PP]: Astral Perception, Improved Reflexes 1, Linguistics, Mystic Armor 6, Natural Immunity.

SPELLS: Antidote, Bind, Cure Disease, Heal, Improved Invisibility, Mana Bind, Net Bind, Oxygenate, Stabilize. [I need one more spell.]

EQUIPMENT: 50,000Y

LIFESTYLE: Middle [see Trust Fund]

KARMA SPENT  25 + 24 = 49
6 Power Points  -30
Martial Art Style  -7
Trust Fund  -5

I'd say get a Direct Attack spell of some kind. Possibly one of the Sleep spells, so you can have a trick to deal with anything electricity resistant and well armored.

Please wait warmly.

RubySlippers

True, sleep would likely be best when it comes to licensing it is likely easiest to as a licensed medical doctor with magical healing added in and no dangerous spells save defensive magic it will not be threatening, as opposed to a battle magician who without a major Corp SIN is likely going to be watched all the time.

Anyway I can Conjure things and Guardian Spirits would be a fine option most would be happy to watch a sick person as they heal up as long as I send it back in a timely manner. I would do that automatically for recovering children in dangerous areas.  ;D

RubySlippers

Okay fleshed out skills, knowledge and languages and contacts now to spend money!

RSGAlex

Quote from: RubySlippers on November 18, 2017, 07:00:58 PM
Okay fleshed out skills, knowledge and languages and contacts now to spend money!

Now that I look at your new numbers, I have one bit of advice. Either get a ritual for that ritual spellcasting skill, or move those points around. 'Cuz with no rituals, it won't be doing you any good. Of course, if you want to wait and learn the ritual later, make sure to get a point (or two) in Arcana so you can learn without a tutor or possible edge use.

Please wait warmly.

RubySlippers

Okay fixed things up she can make up spells but remember EVO would have a magical society she would belong to at least in an outer circle, so mentoring and learning magic is possible from them or she can work on her own spells or try to replicate ones she saw others use. But this is my first magician I ran adepts before so am used to them but magic spells is new.

RSGAlex

Quote from: RubySlippers on November 18, 2017, 08:01:29 PM
Okay fixed things up she can make up spells but remember EVO would have a magical society she would belong to at least in an outer circle, so mentoring and learning magic is possible from them or she can work on her own spells or try to replicate ones she saw others use. But this is my first magician I ran adepts before so am used to them but magic spells is new.

Yes, Evo does have some resources. But you'd still want some Arcana just to lower learning times and fees, even if you never decided to try a non-sanctioned tutor or formula. You could probably drop Spell Design as a specialty unless you really wanted to try and make new spells. (Existing ones would be more quickly done by buying the formula and studying in a lodge, even if the formula wasn't of your tradition.)

Also, since I see you kept Hermetic, keep in mind that Hermetics can only summon Fire, Earth, Water, Air, and Man spirits. On the up side, Man spirits can get any one spell you know as an optional power and are Health associated so you can bind one and have it do healing. If you really want Guardian in specific, go for a tradition that has them on the list (Aztec, Christian Theurgy, Islamic, Sioux, Vodou, Norse, Elder God, Olympianism, and Planar are the whole list across the major magic books that don't require a lot of investment), or get a contact or ally that has them on the list and go through the trouble of having them summon the spirit, you banish it, re-bind it before it departs, and then actually bind it (or use the summon then and there).

Oh, and another thought for what your other spell could be. Improve Str, so that you can do a little more damage with your weapon/hand.

Please wait warmly.

RubySlippers

I can't enhance my physical stats one negative quality bans that her body is more frail, not much, but some. I took Control Thoughts for the other spell there is nothing wrong with pure mind control in a pinch and do it to a cybernetic enhanced up street thug can be a handy weapon and armor won't generally prevent direct mental coercion I suspect. Note she has other options to subdue enemies.

And well okay bossing around human ghosts is fine she is happy to be arrogantly to demand they serve her and her will as servant beings.  >:)

And there is nothing wrong with working on new spells, its handy sharing new ones with her EVO peers and well I have some ideas for new healing and defensive ones.

Remove Round (it would use magic to remove a round of ammunition in a human body) is one.

Muse

Hi RSG. 

So, in chrome flesh, Synth-link says a smart insturment costs 3x what a normal insturment costs.  So what would you like a guistuar to cost. 

THen how much more, considering my 3 ranks of armorer, do I add to build my gun into it?  :) 

RSGAlex

It was my understanding that the synthstrument was double cost total, not an additional twice cost added on. So to my reckoning, a synthguitar would be 250nY and up. As to putting the gun in, it depends on what kind of hiding you'd want to do.

If it's just a straight build-in and you don't care about the guitar being able to play without AR or other electronics involved, you can probably do it without a cost increase. If you want to keep it well tuned and normally playable, 50nY. Better hiding or things to try and defeat sensors would cost roughly the same as the appropriate mods.

Also, for my fellow Americans, how was you Thanksgiving? Mine was good.

Please wait warmly.

Muse

I went to visit family in DC.  I have a broken toe rihgt now, so i couldn't walk the meusuems, but the family time was awesome. 

RSGAlex

Quote from: Muse on November 25, 2017, 05:21:04 AM
  I went to visit family in DC.  I have a broken toe rihgt now, so i couldn't walk the meusuems, but the family time was awesome.

Ouch. Hope it heals up well.

Please wait warmly.

Muse

Thanks.  It's off to a good start.  :)  I'm sure it'll heal up j ust fine.

Muse

Chris, Craeric, are you two still with us? 

RubySlippers

Well I'm here in the hard stage buying gear.  ;D

RSGAlex

Make sure to get an armor jacket unless you really want to Solid Snake it up. Get anti-shock mods on it. A pair of trodes, one built into a helmet, is always good. And don't forget to SIN equally.

Please wait warmly.

RubySlippers

She doesn't like VR, she accesses her Comm for basic societal needs since its how things work with legitimate SINs but at home she might VR for recreation. She is far more likely to buy a book you open and read it lovingly over good wine at home.  ;D

But she will be getting armor.

RSGAlex

The trodes aren't for VR, it's so that you can send messages with nothing more than your mind. No lip movement. No low speech. No gestures. Just think and you can send some messages. Subvocal mics also work for that, but the trodes are cheap enough that it's probably easy to get both.

Please wait warmly.

Muse

Yeah, trodes are handy like that! 

One step interface with the matrix instead of needing glasses, earbuds and glvoes!