News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Thundercats 2011 Trailer.

Started by Wolfy, July 04, 2011, 10:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on July 06, 2011, 01:30:22 AM
Immediately, no, in the long term, yes... its like if we didn't have Bioshock or Mass Effect, just sequels of Mario and Halo. That'd suck for me :/ nothing to tell my kids about, nothing thats my period.

Oh sabby, you don't have a period anyway.

Did you forget your Gender, love? ;D

*Flees from booing crowd*

NotoriusBEN

/face fault

his period as in his 'time' when he was a kid, his generation, that type of period.

Wolfy

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on July 08, 2011, 01:23:58 AM
/face fault

his period as in his 'time' when he was a kid, his generation, that type of period.

Joker: Oh Benny boy, it seems you just don't get the joke. *pulls out water pistol* I don't like that....

Sarena

OMG I seriously cannot wait until this starts! 
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Kunoichi

>>

<<

...So, anyone want to watch nine minutes of assorted scenes from the first episode?  I have to admit, it looked quite good to me...

NotoriusBEN

D8 D8 D8

I... just... wow...
all those revamps are awesome. I was wondering about snarf... best thing they did was make him not talk.

i still cant get my jaw off the ground...
gonna be suffering lock jaw on the 29th when this show comes out and my jaw is on the floor for an hour.

Kunoichi

It certainly does look awesome. ^^ And I wholeheartedly agree with you about Snarf.  It's such an amazing improvement, just not being able to understand what he's saying...

NotoriusBEN

I think it was very well done. the little blighter can still be Lion-o's reminder, but... he's *adorable* now.
I wouldnt mind a plushie of the new snarf  :-[

Kunoichi

I rather liked the new designs on Wilykit and Wilykat, myself. ;D They were incredibly adorable, too...

Wolfy

I like the fact that Lion-O's father is voiced by the Original Lion-O voice actor.

Kunoichi

Yeah, and Larry Kenny has a suitably regal voice for the role, too. ^^

DudelRok

*cries* They turned Snarf into a pet... a Pokemon. From moral bringer and voice of reason to common house hold pet.

And they totally brutalized the other characters, too. Cheetara the whore. X| Panthro the even more racist than before, black panther. Liono the emo who wants to "Protect and Save everyone, even the beast men." Ugh... he's an angsty teen! I don't remember that from the original Thunder Cats, at all.

Why am I the only one who looks at this and goes "No! Stop raping my childhood!"

I mean, I will admit that some of it is neat.. but I think I'm having real trouble getting past the characters, here.

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

NotoriusBEN

Dare to compare :P

Jet from Cowboy Bebop on left and supposedly new Panthro for CN's Thundercats.
I didnt even realize it but even the scar on the left eye is there, hah.

Just take it with a grain of salt, DRok. Its a revision of a popular show. I know that not everyone is going to be gungho about it, but personally, Im glad they are treating it with the attention it deserves. This animation is crisp and clean and they really are trying to bring out the essence of the characters, as well as putting their own spin on them.

Even just the 9minute leak, this show blows a lot of japanese cartoons out of the water. ESPECIALLY the collectible game shows like Pokemon, Yugioh, bay blades, I cant stand those shows with such toy traps involved. Its like a 30minute play-by-play of the game it pitches.

It may be your thing, but I am absolutely GLAD Snarf cant talk. He still has the moral-reasoning there in the 5 or 6 seconds he was tugging on Liono's cloak, and I can stomach that over him whining constantly and Teret'ing his own name.

Wolfy

But then..who teaches him to talk? Magic? lol.

Mumm-ra: "Argg, I have been defeated again! But the day is mine, Thundercats, for I have given your mascot the ability to speak! AHAHAHAHA"

Kunoichi

Quote from: DudelRok on July 12, 2011, 04:49:43 AM
Cheetara the whore. X|

Actually, she's apparently a Royal Guard.  Besides, it's not like she wasn't already oozing sex appeal in the original series. :P

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on July 12, 2011, 05:09:06 AM
ESPECIALLY the collectible game shows like Pokemon, Yugioh, bay blades, I cant stand those shows with such toy traps involved. Its like a 30minute play-by-play of the game it pitches.

In my experience, Beyblade typically has absolutely nothing in common with the toys it's trying to sell.  The anime basically takes an otherwise-unremarkable spinning battle top game and adds bizarre special attacks and magical spirit beasts into the equation.  It's a bit like DBZ, only with convenient arenas strewn about all over the place and nobody ever spends an entire episode just powering up. ^^;

Granted, it's still not really worth watching, especially since the hero of the latest series has no personality beyond being your typical shonen cliche...

DudelRok

I don't know. I'm just not... as excited as everyone else. I foresee horrible things. Horrible HORRIBLE things. X|

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Kunoichi

*shrugs*

Well, it sounds like you're at least willing to give the new series a chance, and if you end up not liking it, there's nothing forcing you to watch it...

Jag

For those that care, the channel Boomerang is showing a mini-marathon of the original Thundercats show today. Starts 12:00pm EST (which is right now) to 4:00pm EST.

*eye twitch*

Why were the original Thundercats nude in the beginning? I don't remember. It's a little creepy. They all look like Ken dolls.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Chris Brady

Quote from: DudelRok on July 12, 2011, 03:30:20 PM
I don't know. I'm just not... as excited as everyone else. I foresee horrible things. Horrible HORRIBLE things. X|
And they will be there, because your mind will make these 'horrible', 'horrible' things happen.

Personally, I LOVE the original series, but this?  This has a LOT of promise, and I'm liking it so far.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Hideyori

Well, I can already approve of three names in the voice cast. Corey Burton as Jaga, Will Friedle as Lion-O, and Clancy Brown as Grune the Destroyer? I'm ok with all of this. That said, my ears must've been on some kind of hallucinogen, because I could've sword Lion-O sounded like Josh Keaton.
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mob say. Doesn't matter if the /whole country/ decides that something wrong, is something right. This nation was founded under one principle above all others - The requirement that we stand up for what we believe in, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the /whole world/ tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth and tell the whole world, "No. /You/ move."

Oniya

Quote from: Michi No Sora on July 16, 2011, 11:04:34 AM
For those that care, the channel Boomerang is showing a mini-marathon of the original Thundercats show today. Starts 12:00pm EST (which is right now) to 4:00pm EST.

*eye twitch*

Why were the original Thundercats nude in the beginning? I don't remember. It's a little creepy. They all look like Ken dolls.

The fur covers up any naughty bits?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Chris Brady

Quote from: Oniya on July 16, 2011, 12:11:07 PM
The fur covers up any naughty bits?
There were NO naughty bits.  Ever.  Kinda creepy.

Didn't the original Thundercats meet Mumm-Ra for the first time, in the original series?

It sounds to me this series isn't so much a 'reboot' as a flash forward to the future history of the T-Cats.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Oniya

I'm justifying here. ;D  Kind of like no one ever gets creeped out that Donald Duck and his nephews run around without pants.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Chris Brady

You might not be creeped out.

*Shudders*

Kunoichi

*shrugs*

At least they get into their clothes rather quickly...