can't update Windows 10. HELP!

Started by Blinkin, August 22, 2021, 11:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

hi Guyys Again:

This time, I feel like I'm running head first into a brick wall and the bricks are winning again.

Ok, to keep it short and sweet, I had to do a restore on my laptop thiis morning to fix a problem with some of my software. That went well and I thought that I should check for updates; I haven't done that in a while and it probabily needed it.

There were indeed updates, but; it told me that there were updates... and that's it. no download, no option to install updates, no other information at all. It just wouldn't move any further.

There isn't an install button, or progress bar to indicate a download and trouble shooting wouldn't even open. I've done malware scans three times to make sure that there isn't malware on the system, it's apparently clean and I have a good connection... I'm stuck and getting an increasing number of "Not responding" from multiple apps.

Anyone out there who can offer advice in a language that matches a low understanding of this thing??

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please help!

Vlinkin, the clueless wonder.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Vekseid

Windows 10 installs them on system restart. So just shut down your system (through Windows - don't turn your machine off yourself) and wait awhile (or go to bed).

Blinkin

Thanks for your response.

I'm aware that's how it's suppose to work, in the past, there's even an option at shutdown to "sshutdown and install updates." This time, it's not doing that and while the check updates saiys that I'm missing critical updates, it's not showing any indications of updating. I've tried to shutdown several times and nothing's changing. So, i don't know what it's doing, but it's not updating as it should. It could be a massive update, and I've left the system running all day yesterday and shut down late last night. The system actually booted ALOT faster this morning, so I don't know what it's doing.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.