Pantheon School for the Gifted

Started by Travaius, June 21, 2010, 04:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Travaius

Pantheon School for the Gifted sits beafutifully on a private island, set in the Carribean. Sometimes question arise by the locals as to why the mansion is there. Few people know the real reason. The school was designed for those who have supernatural abilities. The school keeps a look out for potential cases and watches them carefully. If unexplained things start to happen around a child, the parents are normally contacted with a letter, explaining the services that the school provide. The academy exists for one reason and one reason only, to teach those who have these gifts. The whole point of teaching is to expand their powers as well as give them control over these abilities, ensuring they hurt neither themselves or anyone else. Very few people have been turned away from the school, only in very extreme cases, and even then only after the faculty tried to deal with the situation.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for your interest in my thread!

I love using my own imagination and figured I would try to allow other people to use and explore their own. What I'm hoping to set up here is a roleplay that can allow everyone to create a character they love. The type of characters I want are really three types. First being the people who embrace their powers or can't control it. Secondly, people who don't want others to know what they can do (fill out the character sheet here as human and PM me the one with you full character.) Lastly, are the ones that don't know what their powers are (fill the sheet out as human, then pm me so we can discuss what you want to do). If you want to play a faculty member, that is fine, we just need to talk about what you will be teaching.  The rule on characters are simple, your character has to be able to pass for a human between 12-16 hours a day. If you character can hide their traits, that great. If they are coming to the school to learn how to do that, well we can talk about that. In general, humanoid characters please though.

~Character information~
Name :
Powers :
Personality :
Ons:
Offs:
Bio :
Appearance.:
Don't tempt the hammer of the Waagh. The Black Riva is in our blood, spill a drop and the rest of us will drown you in it, got it?

gnoah

I would be willing to give this a go, I was thinking about a wolverine type but without the claws, just the ability to take unlimited abuse and get back up.  I think he has fully embraced WHAT his power is, but hates the role that it puts him in as the punching bag for everyone.  If this is something that would interest you, I can put a character together.

Travaius

Feel free, sounds like an interesting character to see played out. :D
Don't tempt the hammer of the Waagh. The Black Riva is in our blood, spill a drop and the rest of us will drown you in it, got it?

gnoah

Name : Guster "Gus" Thomas
Position : Faculty (Lab assistant)

Powers : Regeneration and fortitude

Personality : Gus has known about his power for a long time, and has accepted what it makes him, a punching bag.  He trained here at the school for years getting his fighting ability up to a point were he was someone to be reckoned with, but still finds that most peoples need for him, be it friend or the school is "lets try this out on Gus and see what kind of damage it does"

But ever the martyr Gus offers up his services to whoever needs him, because outside of the school he has no one to see and no were to go.

Ons:Gus, being one of the younger of the faculty at the school finds himself having to dodge a lot of the young girls, but the busty student with her thong hanging out is his well known weakness.

Offs: Has a fear of high places.

Bio: From about 4 years old when Gus was placed into a orphanage because his family was killed in a car accident, the police who showed up found his young body lying in the smoldering mass of the burned out station wagon, the fire has licked away his clothes leaving him naked and unconscious next to the ashes of his parents.

He lasted about 2 years per orphanage until the police who found him at the wreckage who still kept in contact with Gus got a letter inviting them both to an open house to see the place.  They went and Gus stayed there from that day forward.  He has formed a strong bond with all the other faculty and his carefree attitude is just what the doctor ordered.  When he graduated they asked him to stay and help out around the estate doing admin and helping as a lab assistant.  So he can now be found in the school, and he always has something to say.

Appearance: 6 feet tall with light brown hair he keeps pulled back into a short ponytail.  His eyes a light colored and show decades of pain that contrast with his usual attire of camo shorts and a Hawaiian shirt.

elfguy

Name: Julia

Position: Student

Powers: She can bring her fingernails out and they are as strong as claws. When she drinks blood of any living being, it gives her super strength and regeneration. The length of time that these two powers last depends on the amount of blood she drinks.

Personality: She is very creepy, and enjoys getting a reaction out of people. She looks scary, and dresses in a way that accentuates her looks. She is overly sexualized and enjoys mixing pain and pleasure, sex and killing. She is somewhat social, but will usually insult others, trying to get a reaction out of them. She does however have a kind side, it's just buried very deep. She is not evil but does come out that way to many people.

Ons: All

Offs: Death, severe injuries, feeling helpless

Bio: Julia found out about her powers pretty early in life. At first it scared her, but then she learned to control them, and she soon began to like fearing people with them. However, some fought back, and she was cast out from her earlier school for causing trouble. She was suspected of a couple of murders but they could never prove anything. She came to this school for the gifted on the suggestion of a friend of hers, who thought she would fit better here. She fled her home town and came here to start a new life.

She has used a handgun before and does own one that she keeps hidden in her drawer, but prefers to use her claws to hurt people. She doesn't actually have to kill, or even drink blood, but she always has a strong urge to do it, and sometimes gives into the urge.

Appearance.:
----

Travaius

Well both characters look good. If more interest starts up, I'll start it up.

BlueEyedBard

Name : William Getsby
Position : Student
Powers : He has incredibly high volts of electricity flowing through his body that can at times be seen flowing over his body. He has to wear rubber gloves in order to not accidentally electrocute classmates.
Personality : He has a very outgoing nature and always has high energy, it is thought that it is because of the extra electrons flowing through his brain. They have the same explanation for his muscle toning and reaction time. He tries to stay positive but can anger easily when threatened or pushed.
Ons:Everything
Offs: torture
Bio : Neither William or his parents had noticed his powers until they had developed quite far. It all started with his increased athletic ability that caused his father (an old college quarterback) nothing but pride. There was no reason to worry about frequent circuit blows or the wildly increasing and decreasing power bills. It wasn't until he was helping his dad put up a chain link fence that anybody thought anything of it. The two were unrolling the metal fence when all of a sudden Williams father tensed up and he went red in the face. It wasn't until William let go that his father fell to the ground unconcious.
Soon after William found Pantheon, a place where people like him went, special people with special powers went. So that they could learn to control their abilities and someday join society able to interact with normal people. He has been here a year now.
Appearance.:
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

TamaRose

This sounds cool.I will give it a try but I will work on my character sheet tomorrow since it is getting late here.Can't wait to play!

TamaRose

Name : Antiquity Rose a.k.a. Isis
Position : Faculty (Music and Art Teacher)
Powers : Flying.Turning any object into a hardened crystal.Waterbending.
Personality : Caring and loving for the most part.Yet,can be short tempered and hot headed when angered.
Ons:Get to know her and find out.
Offs:Feeling helpless and scared.Being bullied,intimidated,or threatened.

Bio : Born in Alaska,Ann knew from a very young age that she was different then everyone else in her small town.Freezing a young boy in mid swing of getting punched in the face,all the other children stood there staring at her for the longest time before screaming and running back to their homes to tell their parents what happened.

With the parents of the child angered and the rest of the parents and elders in the town being afraid for themselves and their children,they forced Ann's parents to send her away so she would no longer be a threat to anyone.
Being sent to a school in the Carribean at the age of 7, Ann was taken in and taught regular classes while learning about her own powers and how to control them.

Now being one of the youngest teachers but oldest members of the school,she helps teachers other children while helping them understand thier powers while still trying to make a family of her own with the other members that reside inside of the mansion.

Travaius

Sounds good, I'll work on the first post

PeacethatPowerbrings

Name : Sarah Jensen
Powers : Technopathy

Personality : Reserved and distant at times, but extremely intelligent. Usually quite calm, and level-headed.

Ons: Power, skill, knowledge. Outsiders and misfits.
Offs: Obvious weakness, foolishness, or stupidity.

Bio : Sarah had almost immediate control of her powers when she was born. She easily controlled any technological device she could see until, by age six, she began to understand how to use her power with more well-defined intention. Sarah was born into an extremely wealthy family, the only daughter of the Jensen Technologies CEO, and Owner, Michael Jensen. By age twelve, Sarah was capable of using her powers to manipulate many, many devices at the same time, and had developed an affinity for doing so to gain some measure of independance. She was injured severely, however, when she was unexpectedly flooded with wirelessly transmitted information, causing her to lose focus while driving. The ensuing crash left her badly wounded, and was left without arms up to the shoulder. She came to Pantheon two years after her accident, and has attended school there for two years. In the time after the crash she has managed to create, and improve upon, robotic arms which she now uses. She came to the school for the express purpose of allowing herself time to develop her ability, now using it out of necessity as opposed to convenience.

Appearance:

She wears a jacket when outside of her room, but her clothing is functional, and made personally. Her arms have a seam where the skin-coloured covering that covers them from her gloves to her shoulders, but the jacket covers this.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Mhina

I'm interested, give me some time to think up a character.

gnoah

Anyone wanna set up any backstory in the school?

Pandamonium

I'm interested too!! I shall work on a character right now!

BlueEyedBard

What sorts of back story did you have in mind?
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

Mhina

Alright, here's my character sheet. Any idea when you would plan on starting this up?

Name: Sylvette Himmel

Personality: Generally easy-going in nature, and lacks the motivation to do anything she doesn't see as benefiting her directly. She is willing to help friends, but she'll complain about it the whole time if she does. Initially she can be hard to get along with, as she has a somewhat mean sense of humor, though if you were to ask her she would disagree. She loves to play tricks on people, and thinks of it as a challenge to do it without using her ability (after all, odds are you would know it was her if she did), though she loves to use her ability to play jokes as well.

Powers: Sylvette has the power to alter physical laws within a certain radius around herself, but only one law can be changed at a time. For example; "The force of gravity is equal to zero," would cause anything inside her radius to not obey the laws of gravity, meaning if you jumped you would float until you went outside of her radius, at which point you would fall (she of course must also follow any rules she puts in place, and all other laws stay in effect until changed). At any one time she can govern one spacial law and one local law, meaning one that affects her area and one that affects her body but nothing else. (sorry for the long explanation, the concept was harder to explain than it sounded in my head).

Ons: Knowledge, control, things with wings
Offs: Religion, the supernatural

Sylvette was 12 years old before she knew there was anything odd about her. She realized something was wrong when she started studying sciences in school. As her understanding of physical principles grew, she noticed that things around her were working the way she thought they should, rather than how she was learning they actually did. As she learned more, she noticed these discrepancies correcting themselves. She was 15 before she associated any of the strange with her own will, at which point she began to gain control of her abilities. Though she was interested in science, and more so after she realized what she could do, she was never a professional in any field, and as a result nearly killed herself on several occasions, not understanding exactly what the consequences of a change would be. She kept her abilities a secret throughout her high school days, until the end of her senior year, when she used them to avoid a fatal injury after falling from the top of the school. She was approached days later by a representative of the Pantheon school, and has attended ever since. Sylvette is generally kind, but isn't afraid of using her ability to get the things that she wants. She has never been very good when it comes to interacting with other people on a personal level, but is good at superficial interactions. She detests religion, superstition, and all things supernatural. Her powers deal with absolute laws, and she believes these laws to govern all things (she conveniently ignores the irony of her own ability twisting these laws). Her fondness for science has led her to arrogantly name her ability Himmel's Law.

Appearance: I'll post a picture as soon as I can figure out a good way to host them.

LimitlessNikkie

Name : Skye

Powers : Flight ([think like and angel size and type] red and black feathered wings), manipulation of air

Personality : Fun and Bubbly, Skye loves to experience new thing and meet new people, she doesn't like alot of drama in her life but it seems to find her all the same. She highly emotional able to go from giggling to mad in minutes. She can't stand ignorance or cruelty. She has no care in the world for what others think of her. Most of the time she's happy and bright, choosing to spend her life just being happy.

Ons: Come find out ;)

Offs: people who can't keep up

Bio : Skye leared to fly when she was young, she's used to it, it's been a part of who she was since she was very young. She loves to fly she doesn't feel right unless she spends a little time every day in the open air. Her family never really accepted her but her mother made sure she always had a house if not a home. Recently her life had gone into termoil when her mother died and her dad became abusive. in her anger and rage Skye unleashed a power she never realized she had. In a moment of rage she unleashed the power of air and it killed her father. Unable to control her powers over air Skye choose to go to Pantheon.

Appearance.

Travaius

I am probably starting this today, to be honest. I have to post up my character(s) and then I will have the opening post done. Maybe even stick this in extreme so no one is limited.

Damnedangel

This sounds quite fun to me =D

Name: Lexi

Powers: Can manipulate and control fire. She can also make it appear out of no where by just thinking about it.

Personality: Shy but is never afraid to speak her mind if the time calls for it. She tries to stay away from other people since she is scared of hurting them.

Ons: Mostly everything
Offs: Religion, scat, death

Bio: For as long as she can remember she has had her powers. Lexi assumed she never had any parents since she was found in a abandoned building that was on fire. She lived in different care homes since there had been accidents of people who got into arguments with her being burned or injured so they just moved her to sort the problem.
When she was 12, she got into a fight with a social worker and wished the home would burn down. During the night as she dreamt a fire broke out spreading through her room all around the house, the only person who was killed was the social worker, once they had found out about the fight she ran away but not having a home she lived on the streets. She lived on the streets for two years till a man with powers like her bought her to his house, cleaned her up then took her to the school telling her that here she was safe and could learn to control her powers.
She has been at the school for 7 months. The whole time she has been there she feels very lonely because she has isolated herself to protect people but she has a wolf as her companion which follows her everywhere and keeps her company. The wolf isn't her pet, he chose to follow her out of his own free will after she saved him from being killed by other wolves.

Appearance:
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum - If You Seek Peace Prepare For War.
We all have multiple personalities. The Average is three, but some people have more.
There's the face you wear for your friends and family, the one you let the outside world see.
Then there's the face you see everytime you look in the mirror.

Damnedangel

Thank you =)
I think your characters cute aswell. I also love the background history on her.
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum - If You Seek Peace Prepare For War.
We all have multiple personalities. The Average is three, but some people have more.
There's the face you wear for your friends and family, the one you let the outside world see.
Then there's the face you see everytime you look in the mirror.

Travaius

~Character information~
Name : Soren Darkhand
Position : Headmaster
Powers : Soren has control of all elements: Wind, Fire, Earth, Water, Light, Dark, Wood, and Metal (using a few different mythos of elements for that one)
Personality : Soren is very open. He loves the idea of having students at the school, enjoys trying to grow their powers. A smile is normally on his face as he walks around the school, normally offering one student or a group any number of lessons, having taught different gifted people through the ages on how to work with their powers, and even hide them.
Ons: Imparting knowledge to others, Seeing new powers, Laughter
Offs: Ignorance, Conflict
Bio :

Soren has spent many years walking the earth. Little is known about his chidlhood. The history that has been pieced together from the rumors and stories that are told is simple. His race forced their young to go into the mountains and train, attempting to find out what their main element would. He spent weeks in the woods, only to find his village wiped off the face of the earth. Slowly looking for answers, it was years later until he found out that the local humans became scared of their power, and decided to raid them, killing them all.

As Soren walked the Earth, he saw the human capacity for intolerance grow to others like him. He watched the witch trials in most nations, the hatred of the vampires and werewolves, and the hunting of anything beyond their own kind. Moving onto an uninhabited island, he thought for a long time, trying to decide on how to solve this. Using his varied powers, he created the school, deciding he would help to protect others outside of the direct human lineage. He had decided that rather than removing them completely from the realm of humans, they had to learn to become mixed with them, hiding their powers. The last thing he wanted was to pull these people away and seclude them. He didn't want to imprison them, only protect them from the humans, and the humans from them. He needed them to learn control, but he also wanted him to teach them how to make their powers grow.

Appearance.:

~Character information~
Name : Lucas Vaughn
Powers : Shapeshifter, only animals, can take only parts of other animals if wanted.
Personality : Lucas is shy. He never knows when he is going to shift, any sort of excitement causing part of him ,or all of him to change into something else. For this reason, he tried to steer cleer of people, not liking loud noises or surprises at all.
Ons: Seclusion, darkness
Offs: Loud noises, surprises.
Bio :

Lucas from an early age knew about his powers. When his parents threw him his third birthday party, one of his cousins accidentally popped a balloon. His form slowly shifted into a baby rabbit and shifted back, the small baby giggling as it did so. Immediately his parents knew he was different. Homeschooled for most of his life, he was finally allowed out only to have a car almost hit him. Immediately, his skin shifted into a rhino's. All the publicity from the event is what got Lucas his invitation to the school, where he loyally gives his time to do anything the school might need.
Appearance.:

Mhina

Cool characters, planning on starting it tonight?

Travaius

Most likely. Writing up a starting post for a Pirates RP, then working on the one for here