In your honest opinion, who do you think has the best chance of becoming POTUS?

Started by Question Mark, March 02, 2016, 10:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerian

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on November 11, 2016, 01:40:35 PM
At which point we'd have excellent odds of seeing an actual civil war.

Yes, as things turned out I'm going about my normal business while watching for protesters waving signs and chanting in my town.  Had the election gone the other direction, I'd be hiding in my basement while watching for packs of armed rebels rampaging through my neighborhood like a scene from The Walking Dead.  :/  And this isn't even an area where people are quick to violence, far from it.  Not that this makes me any happier about the long-term effects of He Who Shall Not Be Named, but at least in the short term we have some time to recover and prepare ourselves.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

CriminalMindsFan

I don't think the same protest would be happening if Clinton had won. I don't remember there being this much crying or angry people when Obama won twice.

Beguile's Mistress

Rumor has it the Trump transition team is having a tough time finding people who want to work with him.  Between all the people he has directly offended and the not-Trumpers there may be only a few good men.

We've all had experience with companies where middle management sucks so we know what hell that can be.

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: CriminalMindsFan on November 11, 2016, 02:18:04 PM
I don't think the same protest would be happening if Clinton had won. I don't remember there being this much crying or angry people when Obama won twice.

I know of at least two groups in my area that were so pro-TP that they were organizing to storm Clinton campaign offices if she had won.  We're talking about people who have carry permits.

Added to all of that, whats-his-face is blaming the media for organizing the protest marches against his election.

TheLaughingOne

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on November 11, 2016, 02:34:41 PM
Added to all of that, whats-his-face is blaming the media for organizing the protest marches against his election.

I find that kinda funny. The dick was urging his followers to riot in the streets if he lost.. But, when the other side does it its "very unfair"
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Missy

TheGlyphstone

Goes to show he's already mastered the first skill of any politician, blatant hypocrisy.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: CriminalMindsFan on November 11, 2016, 01:53:33 PM
That would be interesting since one side is suppose to be the anti-war and anti-gun side. But determining if they always feel that way is up for debate.

Missed this from the last page, but I was assuming Trump's base would be the start of the insurrection, since 'their' rightfully elected candidate had been taken away from them. Who the Democrats would side with would be interesting as well.

Blythe

This was shared with me about those who voted for Trump. I thought it was a pretty good read, and it actively calls on those who voted for Trump who do claim not to be racists, bigots, etc.~

https://medium.com/@jessicashortall/voted-for-trump-i-have-only-one-plea-7d5994c7a3d1#.79c9v694s

Twisted Crow

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Blythe on November 11, 2016, 04:16:10 PM
This was shared with me about those who voted for Trump. I thought it was a pretty good read, and it actively calls on those who voted for Trump who do claim not to be racists, bigots, etc.~

https://medium.com/@jessicashortall/voted-for-trump-i-have-only-one-plea-7d5994c7a3d1#.79c9v694s
Really gets the message across.

Ralhend

I like it.  Pence was already denouncing them (hate groups ) during the election... "We dont want your support..."
Post Rate: (Lethargic)
Request Thread/ Ons and Offs /A/A Thread
Active Stories on E: (Extremely Selective) 3/3 Discussions/Caged Bird/Maiden Voyage/Shattered Mirror/
Other Games E : (Taken) 1/1 /Chessgame 1, Mimétisme vs Ralhend/

Beguile's Mistress

It is a beginning.  Considering the rest of the things Trump has said in the past it is beyond time for TP to get their act together and make some strong statements about their rhetoric and please to supporters and sycophants to tone down the inappropriate behavior.

CriminalMindsFan

I don't have any more concerns about Trump after his first meeting went so well with Obama. I'm just sad that some who didn't even vote are breaking things and beating people up because they want someone else to be President.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: CriminalMindsFan on November 11, 2016, 08:51:49 PM
I don't have any more concerns about Trump after his first meeting went so well with Obama. I'm just sad that some who didn't even vote are breaking things and beating people up because they want someone else to be President.

I can't imagine either of them were actually feeling the way they acted for the cameras/reporters.

http://cheezburger.com/1133317/barack-obama-donald-trump-memes-on-the-rise-as-donald-prepares-to-take-the-white-house

Beguile's Mistress

If you watch the coverage you'll notice they barely look at each other and Trump looks uncomfortable.  Obama probably isn't any more at ease but he has more self-control.  Still they hardly ever make eye contact.

CriminalMindsFan

I had very low expectations for their meeting and expected fist a cuffs between them given the climate in the country.

Twisted Crow

I wonder if that's the same vid I saw with those annoying-as-shit cameras in the audio's foreground... The ones that sound like a thousand working mini-trash compactors going through a giant garbage disposal or meat grinder. I mean, that was making me uncomfortable to watch even from home. Though it was somewhat amusing to me, considering they both had this look on their face as if they were thinking the same thing I was: "Man, that is both really f***ing loud and annoying."   XD

Beguile's Mistress

That is standard for White House meetings.  Obama is used to it.  Trump better pull up his little boy panties and suck it up.  He can't ditch the White House press corp.

Anesa

Quote from: CriminalMindsFan on November 11, 2016, 08:51:49 PM

+1 

I can understand why the folks who voted for Clinton are not happy. But I can't understand the rioting in some places. I don't remember any of this happening in the previous two elections.   It is said that as Ben Franklin was leaving the Constitutional Convention, someone asked him, "Do we have a monarchy or a republic?" His response was, "a republic, if you can keep it." It does not bode well for the republic when a segment of the citizenry seems to prefer dictatorship or anarchy.

TheGlyphstone

There's been one riot to date that I know of, in Portland. Everywhere else the protests have been remarkably peaceful, despite every apparent effort to portray them otherwise. As for the volume of protests...it's almost like this election was far more hostile and divisive than the last two. :D I'm not surprised a lot of people are still angry, especially with the razor-thin justification of the popular vote vs. the electoral vote that all too many voters still don't understand.