What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Oh, I did that as well Brandon. It's Bethesda's epic programming skills at fault here -.- they're consistent, I'll give them that... every fucking game engine they make ends up having exactly the same crippling flaws. It's just so poorly optimized... and their patches just make things worse :( The game ran fine for me, and then one day, updated it and it hasn't been playable since, and going by pretty much every tech support I've been to (and I've been to a lot lately) I'm not the only one whose had their game wrecked by an official patch.

Get your fucking act together Bethesda.

Sabby

WARNING: WEAR A DIAPER AND BRING KITTENS! - SLENDER - Part 1 (+Download Link)

I tried to play it. I say him once and ran from the room.

Quote from: PewDiePieMy girlfriend actually told me about Slenderman. I didn't really know much about it, but now I know, and I'm like "Nope"

Wolfy

I believe this accurately describes Kingdom Hearts in a nutshell:

Wolfy

Also:

I would make a big deal out of this:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/118247-Your-Health-Will-Regenerate-in-Resident-Evil-6

and be all "Ooh, look, Sabby...doesn't this piss you off? Come on, Spank my bottom in anger!"

or something like that...

But at this point, I'm fairly sure he doesn't give a **** :D

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Akiko on June 27, 2012, 04:04:25 AM
You'll be back.

Oh yes, you'll be back! They always come back!

Muahahahahahahaaaa!

I actually uninstalled all three of them.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Brandon

Quote from: Wolfy on July 03, 2012, 10:14:52 PM
Also:

I would make a big deal out of this:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/118247-Your-Health-Will-Regenerate-in-Resident-Evil-6

and be all "Ooh, look, Sabby...doesn't this piss you off? Come on, Spank my bottom in anger!"

or something like that...

But at this point, I'm fairly sure he doesn't give a **** :D

I didnt give a care about the last RE, I certainly dont about the upcoming one either. Its no longer survival horror, it hasnt been since...the second one? What it is is an action game and if people like it that way thats cool but Im not going to be buying their title unless its in the bargain bin

Also the inconsistancies of Dawnguard continue. You know I played morrowind a fair bit, never finished it but I did explore the hell out of it. During that story necromancy wasnt a big thing. I mean sure you saw necromantic stuff because necromancy thematically speaking is the magic which governs life and death. Following that theme creating/summoning undead is necromancy but so is healing a person or curing diseases/poisons. What Im saying is necromancy has never been a buzz word in ES, so far as Im aware. It certainly wasnt in Morrowind and I dont recall it being a buzz word in Daggerfall either though its been a long time since I played it. HOwever in this DLC it seems like every plot point has to have some necromantic thing going on with undead. Its so...cliche

Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Kifer

I'm in the process of downloading a F2P FPS - Blacklight: Retribution. I've seen TotalBiscuit's video of it and it looked interesting, thought I will give it a try.

Sabby

Skyrim works :) had to disable Steam Cloud. Things more of a n attention seeker then Wolfy xD

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on July 04, 2012, 06:00:48 AM
Skyrim works :) had to disable Steam Cloud. Things more of a n attention seeker then Wolfy xD
Inconceivable!
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

Okay, I know it's starting to sound like I'm repeatedly jumping the gun with Skyrim, but I actually am fixing the game :/ The reason I keep coming back here is not the fixes not working, it's that each problem gets replaced with a new one. I've had the lag. Solved it. Played fine for a few hours. Got the crashing. Solved it. Played fine a few hours. Now I have freezing, which forces me to power down my PC, and this is where I'm stuck.

This may shock you, but I have a legitimate copy of Skyrim. And when it came out, I was running it on high with never a problem, even when I started modding the fuck out of it. Nothing has changed with my software or hardware, so the problem has to be with the game. I've been left no choice here... I'm guna pirate the bitch -.- I'm downloaded a cracked copy, and updating it to 1.5, and it will STAY there. There will be no more patches or updates. I really don't care if this means no Dawnguard. I'd like to have crossbows, really, but until I find out the fully patched game is stable, then Dawnguard can go fuck itself.

Are you happy Bethesda? :/ The one time I get a legitimate game and I'm forced to resort to The Pirate Bay to fix your product.

Wolfy

► WTF Is... - Blacklight : Retribution ?

Decided to check this out because of this video...and because I actually liked BlackLight: Tango Down.

Also...SABBY!

...Why you no like me? D:>

Sabby

I like you, I'm just fascinated how you went from resisting my advances to chasing ME away! xD

Heaven Sent Blossom

Blacklight was pretty bad during the beta/alpha/whatever the hell abomination I played. I hope they fixed it though since Tango Down was a decent game right up until the point where it sent me into a cataclysmic fury by wiping all of my progress and forcing me to start from scratch.
However it's got some pretty stiff competition in the free to play market, so I don't imagine it's going to be enjoying very much success.

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on July 04, 2012, 09:46:38 AM
I like you, I'm just fascinated how you went from resisting my advances to chasing ME away! xD

Hmmph.

Well Fine, I'll stop then.

:/ Sheesh..you're the one who was always chasing me, and now that I've given in, all you want to do is play keep away with my heart.

Sabby

:/ Erm... I don't know why your so upset man...

Wolfy

Because Sabby.....

....Just because. T-T *runs away*

Hemingway

In this thread, games are to the weird drama of Wolfy and Sabby, what medicine is to House, M.D.

In other news, I'm back from a short vacation and have nothing to play. Or, well, I do, but ... I can't hook up my PS3 ( or 360 ) ...

Wait, did someone say Future Soldier? Hmm...

I will investigate.

Edit: "Lazy console port." "One of the worst PC ports ever." "Noticeable xbox icons."

Maybe not. Maybe wait until they patch it. Or kill it with fire. Too bad.

Hey! Let's investigate Spec Ops: The Line! ( which I understand is a sequel to Action Game: The Shooter, which is an FPS spinoff of Wargame: European Escalation ).

Oniya

So, the little Oni has gone to her Nana's for a few weeks - which leaves me without my gaming buddy!  I've decided to mail her 'reports from the field' from one of the characters (the cleric, since she survives battle most often).  Hoping this will become one of those 'childhood memories' (or at least material she can embarrass me with later.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sabby

Well would you just look at that. Smooth frame rate, no stuttering, no funny shadows, fast loads. Damn I missed this. Now to load it up with a million mods and ruin the bloody thing all over again! =D

Sabby

HAHA! It has come to this xD This is just so silly, but I'm doing it anyway.

So now I have a legitimate copy of Skyrim through Steam, and a cracked version, updated to latest version. If the pirated one works... I will never use Steam again. I see no reason why it would, but at this point, it probably will.

Inkidu

Amalur is like freaking Skyrim with the amount of quests it throws at you. I've not touched the main quest and I've thrown down like thirty-three quests and I've got at least fifteen open. Makes me want to play Skyrim again. Sure, I have the console version but you know what?

Mine. Always. Works. :D
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on July 04, 2012, 04:29:55 PM
Amalur is like freaking Skyrim with the amount of quests it throws at you. I've not touched the main quest and I've thrown down like thirty-three quests and I've got at least fifteen open. Makes me want to play Skyrim again. Sure, I have the console version but you know what?

Mine. Always. Works. :D

I like that you compare a game I despised to the biggest disappointment for me in gaming history.

Why is no one concerned with telling a compelling story anymore? No, I know, lots of people are. Heavy Rain was amazing. I'm really looking forward to Beyond: Two Souls. Alan Wake was great, too. And L. A. Noire. And The Witcher 2. But only one of those games is an RPG, which is both my favorite genre and the one where you expect story to matter the most. Why does nobody care about telling a good story in an RPG anymore? Why!?

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on July 04, 2012, 06:43:57 PM
I like that you compare a game I despised to the biggest disappointment for me in gaming history.

Why is no one concerned with telling a compelling story anymore? No, I know, lots of people are. Heavy Rain was amazing. I'm really looking forward to Beyond: Two Souls. Alan Wake was great, too. And L. A. Noire. And The Witcher 2. But only one of those games is an RPG, which is both my favorite genre and the one where you expect story to matter the most. Why does nobody care about telling a good story in an RPG anymore? Why!?
I think you're just a little too sensitive to this kind of thing.

Brandon

Figures that this would happen. I get pretty far in dawnguard and now the quest line breaks. Im stuck in the Soul cairn and I cant leave nor can I advance the quest because the NPC wont give me the option to.To its credit, skyrim may be full of bugs but this is only the 3rd game breaking bug Ive experienced over several characters

So looks like Ive gotta start over with a fresh character which is a mixed blessing. My Imperial was so heavy on defense the game wasnt much of a challenge anyway
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play