Interest Check - "Once Upon a Time" group story (Always recruiting!)

Started by Aislinn, February 20, 2016, 11:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aislinn

Quote from: Ember Star on March 14, 2016, 08:12:39 PM
Two more questions before I juggle a final decision. One, do you mind that my Cheshire is female? The cat is traditionally male. Two, will this be an AU where we basically Starr at the beginning before the curse was lifted?

I absolutely support any changes you want to make. =-)

And yes, Emma coming to town will be the start of the story so your Cheshire character will be in human form pre-curse lifting.
"I am the one thing in life I can control
I am inimitable I am an original
I'm not falling behind or running late
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Ember Star

I'll try and send you my outline soon. I forgot the name of the girl I use as her face, so I have to track down her name and then I'll have things together.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Flower

Quote from: Aislinn on March 13, 2016, 08:28:39 PM
Also, just a quick aside - For the purposes of this collaboration, the character 'Henry'...I think...will be omitted. While it was a great catalyst between Regina and Emma, the same thing can occur without him. That is something that Ariel and I can chat about.

As for the information I'd like:

Character name
Whether you are going cannon or off-script and to what extent
Job in Storybrooke post-curse casting
What ideas you have for your character and how you view them
What level of GM-ness you would personally like. Do you want absolute control over your character? Do you want surprises? Just give me an idea.
Face-claim that you would like to use for the purposes of the story....at least to start.

Once I get this information privately from all of you, I will create a character list that has basic info.

Questions? Comments? Complaints?

:-*

Apologies if this is me being rather slow but I'm sort of confused about what type of information you would like presented in this mini-sheet. Could you perhaps provide an example with Emma?

LunarEclipse

I love the idea, and I'll keep an eye on this.  Not sure I will join in, though.  I don't do canon characters. 

Aislinn

Quote from: Flower on March 16, 2016, 09:50:40 AM
Apologies if this is me being rather slow but I'm sort of confused about what type of information you would like presented in this mini-sheet. Could you perhaps provide an example with Emma?

Absolutely....but it will take me some time to do so. I might be able to hammer one out tonight. The point is its really not a character sheet, per say. It's more of just information for me. Most of the developments will take place in story. =-)
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Aislinn

Please forgive but I'm going to steal Twisted's format that he sent me. It's pretty much spot on. =-)
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Character Name: Emma Swan

Cannon or Off-Script: Pretty close to cannon

Job in Storybrooke: Bailbonds-person outside Storybrooke. None at first in Storybrooke. She will appear like she does in the show but a different motivation will have brought her to town since Henry will not exist in this version. Kick-ass Saviour...=-)

Character Concept: Emma receives a postcard from Storybrooke, offering information on a current case of hers if she comes to the town. Intrigued, she makes the trip and finds herself tangled up in a world she never dreamed of. A world that offers her answers to her past...and just perhaps the future she always dreamed of.

Level of Control: N/A

Face Claim:
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Aislinn

Emma : Aislinn *
Rumple : VonDoom *
Regina : Ariel *
Maleficent : Flower
Scar : Aiden
Possible OC : AlphaWolfQin
Jefferson : Twisted iN Tux *
Mulan : Emjay
Aurora : Phoenixrisen
Ruby : Kokaine
Graham : Intimate Ink

* = received character info via pm
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

VonDoom

I don't really remember how the show explained Rumpel getting Henry specifically for Regina if he supposedly didn't have his memories until Emma arrived, but without the kid, I'd expect someone somehow will have to know about Emma and arrange for her to show up.

Unless you already have something specific and plot-driven in mind, I'd be happy to offer Rumpel as the orchestrator. Whether that means he kept his memories or not and just somehow preserved the notion to find, contact and bring Emma to Storybrooke, we'd have to discuss.

Also, Ariel, we should talk about how our characters interacted if you want to make any changes. (Flower, too, but Maleficent didn't create the curse.)

... well, anyone, really, who didn't leave their fairy tale part completely at GM discretion. Rumpel gets around.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Intimate Ink

Quote from: VonDoom on March 17, 2016, 05:26:05 AM
I don't really remember how the show explained Rumpel getting Henry specifically for Regina if he supposedly didn't have his memories until Emma arrived, but without the kid, I'd expect someone somehow will have to know about Emma and arrange for her to show up.

Unless you already have something specific and plot-driven in mind, I'd be happy to offer Rumpel as the orchestrator. Whether that means he kept his memories or not and just somehow preserved the notion to find, contact and bring Emma to Storybrooke, we'd have to discuss.

Also, Ariel, we should talk about how our characters interacted if you want to make any changes. (Flower, too, but Maleficent didn't create the curse.)

... well, anyone, really, who didn't leave their fairy tale part completely at GM discretion. Rumpel gets around.

In the show Rumble is immune to the curse and has all of his memories,  though is faking it in front of Regina.

VonDoom

That's what I assumed originally, but most sources I found (wikis, admittedly) suggested otherwise.  :-\

O&O

Intimate Ink

Quote from: VonDoom on March 17, 2016, 06:37:13 AM
That's what I assumed originally, but most sources I found (wikis, admittedly) suggested otherwise.  :-\

At the possibility of embarrassing myself with my OCD, I would encourage you to go back and read the synopsis and/or watch Season 1, Episode 12, "Skin Deep" as it directly contradicts this line of thought (as do several episodes beyond it). :) 

Ariel

Yeah, Rumple remembers everything. Sneaky bastard.

We definitely must talk, Von! As well as Aislinn and I about our characters. *nods*

I didn't say this earlier, but I would like to keep Henry in the story. He can be a NPC, and will of course not break any of the rules since he's a child, but he's an important factor to, well, everything. He brought Emma to Storybrooke, he set everything in motion to break the curse, he's incredibly valuable and important and a good catalyst for everyone (Emma/Regina's son, Rumple's grandson, Snow/Charming's grandson, etc.) I think the story will have big plot holes without him.
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

VonDoom

Quote from: Intimate Ink on March 17, 2016, 11:39:48 AM
At the possibility of embarrassing myself with my OCD, I would encourage you to go back and read the synopsis and/or watch Season 1, Episode 12, "Skin Deep" as it directly contradicts this line of thought (as do several episodes beyond it). :)

Heh, I'll check it out, thanks. I'm not sure I trust the show not to have retconned or changed their minds about it twice over though.  ;D

Buuut I certainly wouldn't mind going with him always remembering.

I'm fine either way about Henry, the relation bit only became relevant for him way into the series.

O&O

Clio

Is there still room in this for another female character? If there is, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring for the following order preference:

1. Belle
2. Ariel
3. Alice

I think this might kickstart my muse.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Aislinn

Quote from: Ariel on March 17, 2016, 02:09:03 PM
Yeah, Rumple remembers everything. Sneaky bastard.

We definitely must talk, Von! As well as Aislinn and I about our characters. *nods*

I didn't say this earlier, but I would like to keep Henry in the story. He can be a NPC, and will of course not break any of the rules since he's a child, but he's an important factor to, well, everything. He brought Emma to Storybrooke, he set everything in motion to break the curse, he's incredibly valuable and important and a good catalyst for everyone (Emma/Regina's son, Rumple's grandson, Snow/Charming's grandson, etc.) I think the story will have big plot holes without him.

My preference to keep him out is mainly to avoid accidentally running afoul of the rules. I believe that everything he brings to the story can be done in other ways. There is nothing stating that all current relationships within the show translate into this story. In fact, a few people have requested that the opposite be true to allow the characters to create new relationships.

So I suppose this needs to be discussed in a broader term with everyone's input.

Quote from: Christa on March 17, 2016, 04:20:48 PM
Is there still room in this for another female character? If there is, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring for the following order preference:

1. Belle
2. Ariel
3. Alice

I think this might kickstart my muse.

Absolutely! Belle it is. =-) Please send me a pm with your brief character info sheet (see above) and we can chat!
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Intimate Ink

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on March 17, 2016, 08:02:13 PM
Simple solution - seeing that it sounds like we're heading towards more of an AU than Canon take on this scenario - Regina, tired of raising a bratty kid, casts a spell and ages him up. Done! Now he's an 18yo who is ready to rumble with the rest of the adults.

In all honesty, I'm cool either way. I can take or leave him. I get that he's important, but I can also see it being awkward to include a kid, unless we plan to keep this more PG-13 and less R or X.

I like this idea.  I am in the "take or leave him" category myself, but I also think it's sort of flirting a bit close to the site rules if we have him a super active part of the story and it's highly sex themed.  If we used him, I'd be much comfortable either shifting the story rating to more a PG-13 level in that case, or shifting the age of Henry to the minimal site accepted age of 16+.  While the rules technically stand that a lower age is acceptable as long as he does not participate, witness, or take some unknowing part in a sexual act, there are also a lot of people on here that say 'no 16+ period.'.  I, personally, would rather not jump in the middle of that debate.

Ember Star

I have sent in my cat concept. Now where's my tea and biscuits?
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Aiden

-Cues song-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLu5tPR2SFY

Character Name: Dieon King

Cannon or Off-Script: Off Script

Job in Storybrooke: Chef, maybe Sheriff, haven't decided yet!

Character Concept: A guy who has tried all his life to be recognized by his parents only to live in the shadows of his brother. Moving to Storybrook (He assumes it was his free will) he looks to establish himself and be recognized as a great chef/officer (of the law).

Level of Control: Open for Discussion

Still trying to working out things, based on how others make their sheets or potential plots.

Face Claim:  Charles Michael Davis

VonDoom

You may want to talk to Ink about the Sheriff thing, since he called Graham and would presumably have dibs if he goes canon.

O&O

Aiden

I flexible, I was thinking a lawyer or even someone on the city council.

I will see what comes to me as more people start making sheets.

Intimate Ink

Quote from: Aiden on March 18, 2016, 02:17:13 AM
I flexible, I was thinking a lawyer or even someone on the city council.

I will see what comes to me as more people start making sheets.

Send me a message if you want to either be Sheriff or work directly with him -- I am willing to be flexible.  I obviously would prefer to know before I did too much plotting,  though. So the sooner the better. :)

Aiden

I am leaning more towards city council now, based on the fact he wants to be Mayor but doesn't have the popular vote.

Being a "bad guy" I see him having to be the "bad guy" for the town and everyone blames.

Budget cuts, denied permits etc. I think that is a city comptroller.
I am trying to be true to Scar's character, he won't be liked but he will try to take a position of power. And in this one, if the sheriff is a good guy, they can clash.

Flower

Quote from: Aislinn on March 16, 2016, 11:36:26 PM
Please forgive but I'm going to steal Twisted's format that he sent me. It's pretty much spot on. =-)
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Character Name: Emma Swan

Cannon or Off-Script: Pretty close to cannon

Job in Storybrooke: Bailbonds-person outside Storybrooke. None at first in Storybrooke. She will appear like she does in the show but a different motivation will have brought her to town since Henry will not exist in this version. Kick-ass Saviour...=-)

Character Concept: Emma receives a postcard from Storybrooke, offering information on a current case of hers if she comes to the town. Intrigued, she makes the trip and finds herself tangled up in a world she never dreamed of. A world that offers her answers to her past...and just perhaps the future she always dreamed of.

Level of Control: N/A

Face Claim:

Thanks for this sample!  It cleared up my confusion.  I'll have the sheet done either today or sometime this weekend.

Quote from: VonDoom on March 17, 2016, 05:26:05 AM

I'll bump keyboards with you and anyone else really after I've determined what direction I'm taking Millie.  :-)

Quote from: Aislinn on March 17, 2016, 07:09:53 PM
My preference to keep him out is mainly to avoid accidentally running afoul of the rules. I believe that everything he brings to the story can be done in other ways. There is nothing stating that all current relationships within the show translate into this story. In fact, a few people have requested that the opposite be true to allow the characters to create new relationships.

So I suppose this needs to be discussed in a broader term with everyone's input.

Absolutely! Belle it is. =-) Please send me a pm with your brief character info sheet (see above) and we can chat!
Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on March 17, 2016, 08:02:13 PM
Simple solution - seeing that it sounds like we're heading towards more of an AU than Canon take on this scenario - Regina, tired of raising a bratty kid, casts a spell and ages him up. Done! Now he's an 18yo who is ready to rumble with the rest of the adults.

In all honesty, I'm cool either way. I can take or leave him. I get that he's important, but I can also see it being awkward to include a kid, unless we plan to keep this more PG-13 and less R or X.
Quote from: Intimate Ink on March 17, 2016, 08:37:24 PM
I like this idea.  I am in the "take or leave him" category myself, but I also think it's sort of flirting a bit close to the site rules if we have him a super active part of the story and it's highly sex themed.  If we used him, I'd be much comfortable either shifting the story rating to more a PG-13 level in that case, or shifting the age of Henry to the minimal site accepted age of 16+.  While the rules technically stand that a lower age is acceptable as long as he does not participate, witness, or take some unknowing part in a sexual act, there are also a lot of people on here that say 'no 16+ period.'.  I, personally, would rather not jump in the middle of that debate.

I wouldn't mind having a Henry. Twisted's idea seems viable to me. However, I am also fine with him being absent from the story.  I'm just not sure what could fill that role. He really is the glue that holds everyone together at times.

Kokaine

I'll have my sheetlet sent in a bit later this morning.

Trying to decide if I want Ruby to still be just a waitress or if she's gonna have a bit more responsibility (and push Granny a bit further into the background as an NPC). Maybe have her running the diner day to day and Granny sticking with the bed and breakfast.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

VonDoom

For the record, I'm not a fan of aging up Henry if we keep him. Might as well be a completely new character then. If the age is a problem, we could always put the main RP thread in the non adult section and have a separate thread for when/if there are sexy times in another.

O&O