News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Potential Game Interest

Started by persephone325, September 12, 2017, 03:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

Hello everyone. Seems like it's been a while since this forum saw any action. I have an idea for a game, if enough people are interested. :-)

It's superhero (read; Marvel) based. I've tweaked several roles and such. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Roles
Good Roles
~Black Widow/Hawkeye - Natasha Romanoff and Clint Barton have a complicated relationship. More often than not, they are romantically involved and trust each other implicitly. Black Widow is a master of stealth. During the night phase, she can spy on someone and discern their alignment (not a specific role). During the day phase, Hawkeye can shoot a tracking arrow at any other player. He will know who they visit and who visits them during the following night phase. This ability cannot be used on the first day. Black Widow and Hawkeye know who each other are from the start and can PM each other freely in games where PMs are disallowed. (Black Widow is the equivalent of the Seer, and Hawkeye is the equivalent of the Lookout.)
~Captain America - Steve Rogers; a righteous super soldier with a strong sense of justice. Once per game during the day phase, he has the ability to prevent someone from being lynched. When he does this, that person's true alignment (not role) will be revealed. If they are good or neutral, the lynching does not happen. If they are bad, the lynching continues as planned. Captain America cannot be converted to Hydra's side.
~Thor - Son/Daughter of Odin; God/dess of Thunder. Once per game, Thor can choose to harness the power of Mjolnir to bring someone back to life. Thor cannot be converted to Hydra's side. (Thor is the equivalent of the Retributionist.)
~Quicksilver - Pietro Maximoff; an honorable, selfless young man with super speed. During the night phase, he can choose to protect someone from being attacked, including himself. However, he cannot protect the same person two nights in a row, and he can only protect himself once. If the person he is protecting is attacked, Quicksilver kills the attacker at the cost of his own life. (Quicksilver is the equivalent of a vengeful Bodyguard.)
~SHIELD Agents - Agents with no super powers.

Bad Roles
~Alexander Pierce - The main bad guy that calls the shots. He's the leader of the baddies.
~Ultron - One of the most powerful artificial beings to ever exist, he is extremely intelligent and manipulative.  Once per game, and not on the first night, he can corrupt one other person and cause them to join the bad side.  Captain America and Winter Soldier roles are immune. If Ultron uses his ability on either of them, it is wasted. He is immune to Scarlet Witch's ability.
~Rumlow/Crossbones - A trusted underling of Pierce, a ruthless fighter, and extremely loyal to Hydra. Once per game, Rumlow can target one of his companions and "plant evidence" that makes them look innocent/neutral (player choice) for the duration of the game. If looked at by Widow, they will not appear as bad. If tested by Cap, it reveals their true alignment.
~Hydra Agents - Regular baddies that carry out the orders of their leader.

Neutral Roles
~Nick Fury/Sheriff - This is the tiebreaker role that is voted on by the other players during the first day.
~Winter Soldier - James "Bucky" Barnes; the poor brainwashed soldier who is torn between being nothing more than a weapon, and remembering that his true allegiance lies with Captain America. His goal is to be reunited with Steve and leave his old life behind. In other words, he wins if Steve survives and the good guys win. If Steve is lynched or killed, he remains neutral. However, he will not win even if the good guys do. If the bad guys attempt to kill him, or convert him, the attack automatically fails. Same for the good guys. (This role can only be lynched.)
~Hulk - Dr. Bruce Banner; an incredibly smart scientist with a minor anger management problem. If a good guy is killed during the night phase, the following day, Banner can fly into a rage and kill someone.  This can only happen once per game and only after the votes for lynching are counted up.  Killing a good guy with this power depresses Banner and he will disappear where he can cause no more harm, thus removing him from the game (bad guys get no points);  GM must PM Banner to ask if they will fly into a rage and, if so, who their target is. This power is wasted on the Winter Soldier role.
~Scarlet Witch - Wanda Maximoff; the sister of Pietro who has power over chaos and magical abilities. Once per game, during the day phase, she can manipulate one other person's vote. In other words, her target will wind up voting for whomever she votes for. This is revealed at the end of the voting phase. The GM will PM this player and ask who they would like to control, and cannot be used on the first day. Since Scarlet Witch cannot manipulate machines, this ability is wasted if used on Ultron or Zola.
~Iron Man - Tony Stark; billionaire, genius, playboy, philanthropist, who has an intelligence level on par with Dr. Banner. Tony is known for being extremely charismatic and has the ultra-powerful A.I. JARVIS.  Using the combination of charisma and 'evidence' that JARVIS provides, Tony can, once per game, swap a person who is being Lynched, including himself, with someone else.  If the person who is swapped in is a good guy or is neutral, then Tony will fall into a depression and drink himself into a stupor, immediately removing himself from the game (bad guys get no points or credit for this). (This role is equivalent to the Vigilante role in Towns of Salem.)
~Arnim Zola - a German scientist with a high level of intelligence. His mind has been implanted into a computer so that he can continue to live long after his body has withered away. Zola's true allegiance lies with Hydra. He wins if Hydra wins as long as Pierce is still alive. He is immune to Scarlet Witch's ability.

These roles are very much inspired by roles in the Towns of Salem game. Please let me know of any feedback you guys have.

I miss this forum so much. lol ^^

Interested Players
aengylize
Imogen
yugi006
Trieste
Ket
Blythe
Remiel
Xandi
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

aengylize

I would consider it if there is enough interest.

I've always played good characters, or horny ones, would be unique to try a bad character.

~Gyn~
"Never take your eyes off the vampire in front of you to glance at the werewolf in the back of you.  One problem at at time."  AB/LKH - Lunatic Cafe.

RolePlay Story Ideas & Prompts:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=276870.0

Imogen

I used to love this kind of game and I am certainly interested in giving it a whirl again!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

CrystalMaeGranger

I'd play Scarlet Witch. I love the Marvel movies and I read a lot of the comics when I was younger (like last year)

persephone325

Quote from: CrystalMaeGranger on October 25, 2017, 12:23:22 AM
I'd play Scarlet Witch. I love the Marvel movies and I read a lot of the comics when I was younger (like last year)

Mafia style games work differently. Roles are assigned at random to the players.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

CrystalMaeGranger

Quote from: persephone325 on October 25, 2017, 12:44:31 AM
Mafia style games work differently. Roles are assigned at random to the players.
I've never played a text base mafia, but I would be willing to try. I'm a quick learner.

yugi006

Trieste

persephone325

Hopefully we can get some more people. Seems like the forum is being revived. ^^
I don't know.

Trieste

persephone325

I don't know.

Ket

I totally suck at strategy, but I still love to play!
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

persephone325

Quote from: Ket on December 14, 2017, 10:00:16 PM
I totally suck at strategy, but I still love to play!

Happy to have you aboard! ^^
I don't know.

Blythe

persephone325

I don't know.

Caeli

I will abstain from this game BUT I will be following along in the OOC thread with my popcorn and soda!
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Remiel

Maybe?  Possibly?  My main concern is that the game is unbalanced with too many roles, but it's been awhile since I've read the rules.

Still, sign me up for now.

persephone325

Quote from: Remiel on December 15, 2017, 02:25:29 PM
Maybe?  Possibly?  My main concern is that the game is unbalanced with too many roles, but it's been awhile since I've read the rules.

Still, sign me up for now.

Well, with a smaller group I would have less special roles in play. I just wanted to list out every role I had thought up just so people can see what's what.

Quote from: Caeli on December 15, 2017, 01:38:14 PM
I will abstain from this game BUT I will be following along in the OOC thread with my popcorn and soda!

*pouts* :P
I don't know.

Autumn52

If this is being tossed around I would like to add my name to the interested list.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

persephone325

Noted! ^^

If it does end up being a small group, then there would definitely be very few special roles and more Agent types.
I don't know.