Dungeon Crawl Mafia - Game Over (Anyone May post here now!)

Started by RedPhoenix, January 26, 2016, 02:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Druid

I want to expand on my last post a little bit. Right now, the game is still rather vanilla, but pushing deeper into the dungeon changes that. Each new piece of loot we find we risk handing to the bad guys with so little information. In a vanilla setting, team good has the slight advantage with numbers, and as long as we keep a keen eye, deducting a victory is possible. Delving deeper means more powers, but it means the same for the enemy.

Each night we'll lose someone, and each delve makes out enemy more powerful as well. With a group this small (already down to 12, 10 or less are good), risking letting our baddies get a potential recryitment power seems super risky. Until we have a little more  information, I feel that it may be in the good guys best interest to abstain from exploration.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Blythe

Blythe the sassy half-elf says, "I agree that we should abstain from exploration for now for the same reason, Guy!"

King Serperior

Clang!

"And I say otherwise!  We must explore because we may come across an artifact that allows us to find who is the one behind this skulduggery!"  Xavier spoke out, bashing his ax against his breastplate, "If one wants to kill another in the night, it only increases our chances to discovering the culprit."

He looks at the Goblin with a confused look, "You?  Have the ring?  Hah!  Give it to someone with a little more pride, like that Orc-woman."

I think ((Madame Professor)) Should have the Ring!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Remiel

Healy McHealerson nods in pious sanctimony in response to Blythe the sexy half-elf's assertions.  "You speak well, my friend.   If we do not take a risk at some point at casting our fellows out, we will remain as sheep, passive and defenseless while the vile traitors pluck us off, one by one.  But whom should we eliminate?  At this point, we still know nothing.  Any name we would forward at this point would be completely random.  Should we draw lots?  Whomever draws the shortest straw is compelled to leave? I think that would be the fairest way to proceed."

He shakes his head, however, at the Metagaming Knight's assertion that exploring the dungeon further would only embolden and empower their enemies.  "Perhaps, but we are still in the majority.  We must be, or else the traitors would have achieved victory already.  I think exploring the dungeon would only give us more tools with which we can aid ourselves."

I am VOTING to EXPLORE THE DUNGEON!

That decided, he turns his attention to the Trump-goblin.  "What a strange and acerbic creature," he gasps.  "I know not what to make of him.  Very well, Sir Trump, you may have the Ring of Friendship.  Just remember, Friendship is Magic!"

I think Derwaysh Should have the Ring!

Verasaille

(OOC- Derwaysh you are the star of this game!! I absolutely love the writing! But...Tisha is suspicious)

The tiefling narrows her eyes at the goblin with the wild hair. "You are sounding more and more suspicious, Goblin. I would feel far more safe with you gone. And on top of that you think you should have the ring? Feeling a bit guilty for picking up the DEAD one's belongings? If anything, we should be dividing the usable items." her tail swishes around in irritation.

"Further exploration might be good, but where are the rest of the party hiding? Waiting in ambush to take out another one of us?" Tisha looks around nervously.

"Where is James? And Seranova? Is this a conspiracy? Come out you two!! Right now I trust demons more than the silent companions!"

Tisha avoids the goblin's antics and sidles next to Blythe, "So glad you agree with me, handsome." she purrs as her tail wraps around him.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

persephone325

I, for one, am a bit interested in why Der's hair was made to stand on end.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

King Serperior

"I think the Goblin's hair is standing on end because of some kind of toxin....or perhaps it knows that some suspect him of treachery.  If another of us fall, I will most certainly believe it was this Goblin's idea.  Mark my words, even if they are my last!"

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

persephone325

Quote from: King Serperior on January 28, 2016, 03:34:23 PM
"I think the Goblin's hair is standing on end because of some kind of toxin....or perhaps it knows that some suspect him of treachery.  If another of us fall, I will most certainly believe it was this Goblin's idea.  Mark my words, even if they are my last!"

Well thanks for telling me absolutely NOTHING!! You know, I think it's all your fault this is happening! Aren't you the one that suggested we do this? Why do I ever listen to anything you say?!

*breaks down into a sobbing angry mess*
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Mintprincess

((Since we don't have an ooc thread I'll do what Remy did.  I'll be posting something of value when I get home from work later today. and also Derwaysh, good or evil, is epic :P. -spins away-))

Blythe

Blythe says, "I agree with ThatRPGuy and feel we shouldn't explore. A responsible cleric would not put us in harm's way. As such, I am now suspicious and do not want Healy McHealerson to have the ring."

I am REMOVING MY VOTE about THE RING!

It's also at this point that Blythe realizes that Tisha the tiefling has gotten really friendly. He coughs and says, "I do agree Trump should absolutely not qualify to have a Ring of Friendship. And uh....now, you're very lovely, but I can only be in a committed relationship with someone who loves me. I mean, if it's not committed and Trump notices, we'll probably never hear the end of it. But you are an exceedingly lovely tiefling and uh..."

The half-elf turns various colors of embarrassment.

"Do tieflings often flirt with their tails?" he blurts out loud.

King Serperior

Xavier rolls his eyes when Perse collapses into a sobbing mess.  Why would someone who has an emotional breakdown so easily even come down her, "All I want to do is explore this blasted mine.  None of you had to agree, yet you all did.  If it weren't for the fact that I would be completely surrounded by foes, I would be making my way down there myself!"

At the lamentations of the Elf, his face gives off a disgusted expression, "I wouldn't know.  Even drunk, I wouldn't put myself in a position to lay with Tieflings.  You made your bed, Elf, so you sleep in it."  He looks at the others, "The Goblin should NOT have the ring.  I don't trust them, so unless this one saves my life, I will keep my eyes on this creature."

(OOC note:  Just playing the role of a very grumpy Dwarf who doesn't like anyone!)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Galactic Druid

* ThatRPGuy slips between Vera and Blythe like an obnoxious third wheel.

"I'm so glad you guys agree with me on the topic of abstinence..."

Seranova

"What are you" twitch "talking about!? I've been here the whole time! Everyone ignores the pack carrier!" Twitch exclaims, as if the scrawny man has but one volume dialed to his voice; loud. Every motion, of which there are admittedly many, given the uncontrollable shakes that randomly took hold, sees more random loose items strewn about the floor, all seemingly unnoticed by the strange little guy with the mountain of bags towering above his head. His eyes dart about nervously, and he adjusts the comically small straps on his shoulders as more supplies and various garments come tumbling loose. Someone had packed a chainmail bra, but it was now among the casualties lost along the ground.

"I dunno what we should do! I'm getting paid to carry bags and that's what I'm here for! Did I" twitch "mention that I'm not really qualified for much else!?" He pauses and stares off into the distance in a random, out of place moment of stillness and quiet tone. "But I know that my time is coming soon..." Barely a moment after the words leave his lips, the shakes begin again, and more gear is lost to the earth beneath his feet.

"I'll let people decide for me and cast my vote later!"

((OOC: stuck at work right now. I'll have more to contribute a bit later. Sorry about that.))
Sera's Ons/Off's
Hello darkness, my old friend.
I've come to talk with you again.

Verasaille

Tisha seems hurt by Blythe's rejection. "I am hurt...love only comes with trust. You don't like my tail? It's part of me..." her lips quiver in a delicious pout. She steps back as the Knight Guy comes between them.

The sudden offer by the healer to give the Friendship ring to the goblin horrifies her! "NO! Do not be fooled by the hair! Look at him stuffing his pockets! You trust someone who takes advantage of the dead among us?"

I am REMOVING MY VOTE about THE RING!

"Perhaps the other half elf will agree with me? We need to stop the looting of the dead!! Don't you agree?" she sidles up next to Viralas the ranger. (Strangefate) Holding her tail so it does not violate any Elven scruples.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Madame Professor

"Truly, is this really the time for such flirtations?" Talia shook her head. The teifling's behavior was one the Half-Orc unusual, given the circumstances. Greedy little Ttump Goblins, she knew how to handle and reflexively she cracked her knuckles. But beguiling, seductresses... That was an entirely different animal.

"Given that we really should send someone out, I think it should the temptress." Temptation polluted the mind and body.

This is my VOTE! I am voting for Verasaille
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

RedPhoenix

Votecount!

Elimination

1 - Derwaysh (Versasaille)
1 - Mintprincess (Blythe)
1 - Verasaille (Madame Professor)
1 - Nobody (Strangefate)

Exploration

4 - In Favor (King Serperior, Madame Professor, Remiel, Strangefate)

Ring of Friendship

4 - Derwaysh (Derwaysh, Madame Professor, Remiel, RPGuy)
1 - Blythe (Strangefate)
1 - Madame Professor (King Serperior)

With 12 votes in Play, it will take 7 to decide! The day will end 6 PM PST on Sunday, or when a party member has seven votes to be thrown out!
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Mintprincess

The lovely long green haired Mintiliciousness Dwarf finished her spinning, felt a little dizzy (She was spinning after all) and leaned against the wall of the cave while the others talked.  She was glad she had so much energy given how hard it was to sleep on a cavern floor!   She flashed a smile at Metagaming Knight, since he clearly liked her hair and it was her best feature. Given her short stature, it nearly touched the ground! 

"How can you just go accusing someone, Half-Elf?"  Mintiliciousness crossed her arms and shook her head.  "You make it sound random, but at this point, with so little information, I feel like the team 'o evil would be the ones trying to convince us to toss someone.   The odds in a random vote are that we'd take out an innocent, which only serves the nefarious purpose of whoever finds it fun to kill people!  They've already taken down two of our party, and if they convince us to just willy-nilly randomly execute more innocents, the numbers continue to swing in their favor!  I can't at all see any purpose in THAT.  We've been here what, 24 hours?  With the exception of some successful dungeon clearing, which I might add everyone had helped with, and some sleeping through the night on the ground in some of the most uncomfortable positions, what evidence do you have to really accuse anyone?" 

She slide up to Metagaming Knight. "I appreciate your friendship.   I might be a little chaotic and enjoy dancing and swirling and whirling and fun, crazy fun at that, but I'm no killer!" 

Mintiliciousness nodded at the ranger.  "He's right.  Just like a I said. He's completely and totally and epically right."

Lastely she looked at the bag carrier.  "You know I didn't ignore you.  So stop twitching. You're soooooooooo much better when you stop twitching."  She smiled, just for kicks and then went back to flipping her hair around for the knight.

This is my VOTE! I am voting for NOBODY 

(Unless someone has a good reason to actually vote for someone, I feel like at this point, the odds being 3(or 2? bad guys?) to 9 good guys, that randomly executing with no info is likely to hurt not help us.  Just statistics there. )

(Mint-Dwarf also doesn't have a clue as to who she should give the ring to just yet.  Convince me :P   And I know I didn't answer everyone, but it's late and I'm tired.  =(   )

Remiel

The cleric stared suspiciously at the twitchy bag-handler.  "There's something about him I just don't trust," he confided, mostly to himself.  "He's like a walking trope of a villain.  'Oh, twitch twitch, look at poor harmless me, twitch twitch, never hurt a soul in me lif--STAB!'"  He pantomimed thrusting a dagger between somebody's ribs.

"Still, I feel it would be foolish to make any decisions based on nothing more than a simple gut feeling.  Not until we get truly desperate, at any rate."

Verasaille

The tiefling glared at the half orc. "So now it's evil to be friendly? I am beginning to suspect you now, just trying to randomly throw anyone out? I say we throw out the one who is already filling his pockets after one of us died!! If that is not suspicious then what is?"

Deciding it was not going to do anyone any good until more facts became known, Tisha adds her vote to explore.

persephone325

I'm sorry about that. Emotions running high and all. Yugi was a dear friend.

I don't know what to vote for. I thought we were all friends, and now someone's killing us off? I can only assume it's to take all the riches for them-self.
I don't know.

Derwaysh

((OOC: Thank you for having me, folks! I am enjoying myself so much and besides you can always get rid of the goblin if he becomes a nuisance! :o))

If Trump was hurt at the sexy half-elf’s admission, he didn’t show it. He sighed and within that moment of upset he exercised the age old adage of his ancestors where during grief the hair springs up to bouncing dance moves of its own, and if one were to pay close attention to the top of his scalp, they would spot it bouncing to ‘Come-on-Barbie-let’s-go-party-uh!-uh!-aww-yeah!’ And just like that as soon as he was upset, he was better again. But it was not out of greed, Trump-goblin had a duty to all these fine people (except for the dwarves and the elves and the orcs or any decent being which wasn’t a human being).

“Look Javi, can I call you Javi?” He looked at Xavier, the mighty handsome dwarf and his axe. “In my town your people have a saying, just because your teacher ask you to turn in your essay doesn’t mean you’re turning in your ese. It’s not a jail, it’s a race. I am here to help you. I am here to find you more items. Every time I come along with you guys I find more stuff. Do you like shinies? I like shinies too. My backyard is full of shinies, vote for me Xavier and we can make this dungeon great again. Look at all these nice people wanting me. Here, I’ll make you a deal. Do you people want to see how deals are made?” Was that applause everybody heard at the back? And if it was, who was responsible? Suddenly the need to be protected from foreign applause had to be recognized but Trump-goblin continued. The top edge of his mane moved akin to an antennae as if tuning into everybody’s attention. “Here, I am VOTING to EXPLORE THE DUNGEON! I agree with your deal, you agree with mine. What do you say? Come on, give me the ring. I need that ring. Give me the ring.”

Was McHealerson’s endorsement a result of Trump’s encouragement? The goblin did not know. He once wandered to the far reaches of Alaska to garner a she-witch’s vote of Palin confidence, and this one came with no frills attached too. Trump-goblin ran and did a power-slide, emerging from right between McHealerson’s legs on the other side and began to jump up & down once more. “See? The doc wants me here. I am in good health. I am in perfect health. Doc says I deserve the ring, give me the ring guys, what are we waiting for?”

The tiefling Versaille didn’t like him, that much was certain. But it wasn’t her distaste that baffled him but rather… her being. What… was she? Trump-goblin wondered. “Were you vaccinated? Is this why you are… like this? Were you vaccinated, sweetheart? This is why we need answers. We need research. Vaccination lead to things like this who then wants to corrupt the rest of the world. I am filthy rich so I know a thing or two about vaccinations. Plus doc McHealerson agrees with me on the ring. Come on, sweetheart don’t be like that. I can reverse you back to normal.” He turns his attention back to the dwarf, “I can make all of you normal, come on what we waiting for? Give me the ring and let’s explore more!”
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

James Moriarty

The tall, thin man with the funny colored, poofy red and yellow striped hat and matching felt-on-cotton garb who had remained in the shadows at the outskirts of the group for so long, finally stepped forward.  When the awkward silence of the watching group grew even more awkward, so that the man came to feel that anything he did could only make things yet more awkward, he forced himself to clear his throat as a kind of catalyst into action of some kind, any kind.

Nervous hands, visibly shaking, drew from his back that instrument of destruction that his noble, but so obviously ill-chosen profession demanded he make use of immediately and with no mercy.  The mandolin's strings twanged:

"G-gather close and l-listen to my tale of timely... things...
And wonder too at how they knew their fates were all twined tight!
The battles to come and glory of some and treasures of golden rings
were the gods' own game, glory or fame, or dying in the night...

But he who fell too soon, quiet as the sunlit moon,
hero of the empty noon, on whose back I must carry this tune,
my song is for him, but just on a whim,
I'll continue to croon and inspire you in... the... June..."

A long, long silence fell over the party.

A dry cough, "I... I VOTE we continue EXPLORING, and that NOBODY is known to be among the evildoers yet, and that REMIEL take the RING."

Strangefate

“Oh, but why so cold and hostile my lovely half-orc comrade?  Tisha is merely being friendly.  It need not be all doom and gloom in these caves, just because we’re being murdered!” Viralis flashes the tiefling a charming grin, soft blue eyes seeking out her own.  “And I for one find her tail quite adorable.  Alluring even.”

Looking back towards the others he then gives a sheepish, and yet still somehow exceedingly attractive, shrug, a winsome smile on his handsome face.  “While I do agree Tisha that the goblin’s behavior is repulsive, vile, and strange, that is the way of goblins.  I would be suspicious if it was not.  I am convinced by what the others have said and shall keep my vote as is.  Let us not turn on each other and start hurling baseless accusations quite yet.  Confusion only plays into the enemy’s hands.”
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

RedPhoenix

Votecount!

Elimination

3 - Nobody (James Moriarty, Mintprincess, Strangefate)
1 - Derwaysh (Versasaille)
1 - Mintprincess (Blythe)
1 - Verasaille (Madame Professor)

Exploration

8 - In Favor (Derwaysh, King Serperior, James Moriarty, Madame Professor, Mintprincess, Remiel, Strangefate, Verasaille)

Ring of Friendship

4 - Derwaysh (Derwaysh, Madame Professor, Remiel, RPGuy)
1 - Blythe (Strangefate)
1 - Madame Professor (King Serperior)
1 - Remiel (James Moriarty)

With 12 votes in Play, it will take 7 to decide! The day will end 6 PM PST on Sunday, or when a party member has seven votes to be thrown out!
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Galactic Druid

Are Blythe and I really the only ones that feel going deeper into the dungeon is ill advised?

I do agree that with the amount of information we have, eliminating nobody else seems like the wisest course of action. At best, there's a 25% chance of killing someone that is aligned against us if we kill randomly, and even that is assuming the maximum possible numbed or baddies and a third party as the rules suggested. The odds of a successful lynching are likely lower than that.

I have a couple suspicions on who it might be (as well as one person it is definitely NOT), but until we have another night go by, it's conjecture at best.

This is my Vote! I am voting for Nobody!