Any ideas for a computer game.

Started by owen84, March 10, 2013, 06:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owen84

I have always liked the idea of creating my own computer game. I have the idea in my head. It will be a bit dungeon keeper a bit fallout. Ill put down more when I get to my ps (not my phone). Any way just wondering if any one has also had any good ideas.
Why is it that only in death do we truly learn about life.

owen84

OK You will be the leader of a small village after a grate disaster. You will have say 20 people who are living in your community and it is you job to protect them from well the harshness of the world out side.

It will involve building up your community and gathering resource to help protect them and keep them alive.
Food, weapons and building stuff will all be essential.

As you community grows, through people joining you or having children, so will your land every one needs (well wants) a bed and its your job to keep them happy so they don't revolt.

I also like the idea of you jumping into a first person role and going out to salvage with say a posse.

ElizabethRayne

Check this out if your interested in making your own game....

RPG Maker VX Ace

Fabulous software for a pretty ok price.
Lizzy's Playlist

Looking for my On's and Off's?

Current Cravings

ā€I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.ā€ ā€“ Pablo Neruda

consortium11

RPG maker can be incredibly powerful. The majority of the games you see made with are relatively simplistic Final Fantasy/jRPG style games (although there are certainly some good ones out there) but I've seen it used to make just about anything.

With regards to your game owen, have to tried King of Dragon Pass? It's avaliable from GoG for the PC and on iOS and is an excellent game of the style you describe (albeit in a dark ages setting as opposed to post-apocalyptic).

owen84