Cybertron Rebuilt (Open to all)

Started by Hunter Phoenix, August 10, 2010, 05:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter Phoenix

This is a Transformers RP open for everyone as is stated in the name, any characters welcome whether they are existing characters from the Transformers franchise or they are original ones created by yourselves, it is prefered that you use your own characters though.

Huntron smiled to himself contently, he had spent many years stuck on earth with the other Autobots, but finally, he had recieved word that Optimus Prime was finally sending a team back to Cybertron to start building the foundation for rebuilding their ancient planet.

Aeons ago, war with the Decepticons had left the planet uninhabitable and filled with death, but now, Optimus was sure that while the Decepticons where out of the picture, he could safely send some troops from Earth to their homeworld and begin the cleanup and rebuilding of their ancient civilization.

Huntron transformed into his car form and sped off from the cliff top where he had been posted for guard duty, even though the Decepticons hadn't shown their faces since the last battle which had cumulated in Megatron taking a real pounding from Optimus, the threat was forever real and everyone had to remain on alert until the threat of the Deceptacon menace had been eliminated.

"Optimus come in, I'm returning to base, no sign of any Decepticons up here"

Huntron used his built in communicator to relay messages to the ancient Autobot leader, Optimus was the last of the Primes, the leaders of the Autobots, he was wise and couragious, always willing to lay his life on the line to keep his troops and the human race safe from harm.

"Roger that Huntron, return to base, I need to talk to you when you get back as well, report to me immediatly upon return"

The comm-link closed and Huntron stepped on the gas, what could Optimus possibly want with him all of a sudden? Had he done something wrong maybe?

He shook these thoughts off and zoomed back to the base.
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

JerichoMyers

Hunter Phoenix

you could indeed play Blackout, or if its ok, because there may be times within the RP where the original characters names may come up, would it be possible to have a character that had the same personality and form as Blackout but a different name?

JerichoMyers

Ahhhhh, ummmmmm, hmmmm, ehhhhh, sure, why not. But I'm still being that wicked helicopter who would have pwned everyone.

Hunter Phoenix

Hunter Phoenix

Huntron transformed back to his robot form just outside of Autobot city, he didn't want to race through the barricade and get chased by guards again like last time, they had mistaken him for a Decepticon even though the Autobot insignia was emblazened on his bonnet.

Walking up calmly, he smiled and nodded to the guards, who gave him a quick scan to see whether he was Decepticon spy or not, once he had been cleared, he headed on into the base, he had a little time left before he had to be reporting to Optimus, so he took a calm walk through, wondering where the majority of the other Autobots where.

drezdock

would I be allowed to play even if I am not a full approved "member" yet? A transformers RP sounds awesome! Also are you allowing triple changers? or combiners?

thx

Hunter Phoenix

Anyone can RP in this one whether you are approved or not, triple changers and combiners are allowed as well :) just pop on over to the Recruitment Thread and create your character and then drop in any time

drezdock

ummm.... so silly question. Where can I find the recruitment thread?   :P
Sorry. Still kinda a noob to this board and learning the ropes.

Hunter Phoenix

drezdock

Small boulders and chunks of rubble were crushed under the massive treads of Fallout’s assault tank form as he returned from his patrol of quadrant 17, grid 24. The crunching, splintering sound the pieces of uneven terrain made reminded the massive decepticon of the sound made by the charred and twisted chassis of the sparkles, when he had rolled over them in his unstoppable advance across the battlefields of the past. However, that was a long time ago.

Since he defection to the autobots, and his release from stasis prison Fallout had been given nothing but menial tasks and routine patrols to carry out. It was obvious that the autobots didn’t yet trust him with any sort of sensitive data and why should they? He had betrayed his own people; it wasn’t a far stretch of the imagination to think that he would betray his former enemies as well.
However, perhaps that was changing. Only a few mini-cycles earlier he had received a priority transmission from autobot city ordering him to return and meet with the leader of the Autobots, Optimus Prime. Fallout didn’t know why the Autobot leader wished to speak with him; Fallout had never even shared two words with the last of the Primes.

As Fallout neared the entrance to Autobot city, he transformed from his Tank mode, into his equally impressive robot form. As a robot he stood head and shoulders over nearly all of the autobots in the city, and was almost equal in stature to prime himself. However, the autobot leader had some sort of… presence… that made him appear larger than he actually was. His thick armor plating was dented and scratched from the numerous campaigns he had fought in his life cycle, and his decepticon emblem showed large and prominently on the front his chest module for all to see.

As he approached the gate, the two guards standing there made a big show of readying their weapons and barking orders for his approach. They did this every time Fallout returned from patrol. They seemed to enjoy the thrill of power they got from ordering about the massive decepticon and the rush of perceived power that came with it. “Not that unalike are we…” Fallout muttered to himself as he submitted to their inspections.

“What was that soldier?” The higher ranked of the two barked at Fallouts comment.

The gears in Fallouts mouth ground with tension as he felt the pressure in his oil began to rise.

“…Nothing…” Fallout said.

“Nothing what?” The leader of the two demanded, obviously enjoying showing off his power to the younger autobot at his side.

“… Nothing…. Sir….” Fallout managed to spit out. The fact that a mighty a warrior as he, was reduced to considering these lesser automatons HIS superiors was enough to make his coolant boil.

“That’s what I thought.” The autobot said with a smug smile

They made a great show of taking their time to thoroughly scan every inch of Fallout and compare it with records on file to make sure not even the slightest detail had changed. They checked and rechecked his systems for possible spying devices, and only when they began to grow bored with their fun did they allow Fallout to pass.

Under normal circumstances, Fallout would have grabbed the impudent whelp by his central air intake manifold by one hand, and ripped his optics out with the other. But his station in the autobots was probationary to say the least. It was made very clear upon his release, that ANY aggressive behavior towards the autobots on his part would at best land him back in stasis prison, and at worst have him scrapped for spare parts.

Fallout bid his time for now. He would have his chance for revenge. For now he had to go to a meeting with Optimus prime…

Hunter Phoenix

Huntron was walking along the corridor of Autobot city when he was met outside of Primes quaters by the defective Decepticon Fallout.

"Hey big guy, thought you were out on patrol?"

Huntron had heard and seen much of Fallout but he had never actually spoken to him, so he tried to be casual and friendly while keeping in mind the nature of the situation why the former Decepticon was with them.

"Have you been called to see Prime as well? Any idea what it could be about?"

drezdock

Fallout encountered the Autobot Huntron whiile he was en-route to  the meeting with prime. The former Decepticon mulled over the Autobots comments, searching for any trace of sarcasm or derision in his words. Finally, deciding there was none, Fallout spoke.

"I was called in from patrol to meet with The Prime as well." His voice was deep, and resonant.

"I am unaware with the nature of my summons..."

His gaze was fixed on the Autobot, looking for any signs of treachery, deceit, or fear. Fallout was worried that his summons might have been faked to bring him in from patrol, in order to make him look like he wasn't doing his duties as diligently as he should be.

"I take it then, you were called as well?"

Hunter Phoenix

Huntron nodded

"Indeed I was, I hope we aren't kept waiting for long, I want to know why I was summoned in from guard duty"

Huntron looked up and down at the giant 'Autobot' with the Decepticon insignia.

"I have heard rumours about why you joined us, but I am curious, why did you join us exactly? And why don't you wear the Autobot insignia like the rest of us?"

Huntron had indeed only heard rumours about Fallout, but he wanted to know for sure why he had changed to the Autobot side.

drezdock

Fallout considered Huntrons’ question. None of the other Autobots’ had ever ventured to ask him questions such as this so directly. Fallout considered carefully before he spoke.

“I do not wear your insignia, because I am not an Autobot.” He locked optics with Huntron attempting to gauge the smaller Autobots’ reaction.

“I am a Decepticon. I was created Decepticon, and when my spark finally extinguishes… it will be within the shell of a Decepticon Chassis.”
Fallout looked the Autobot up and down.

“You are called Huntron, correct?” Fallout spoke.

“Very well Huntron. You have asked, and I shall respond.”
The Autobot seemed genuinely interested in Falllouts’ response to the question he had asked, so Fallout saw no reason to withhold any answers.
“I joined the Autobots, because to the Decepticons I am a traitor. I abandoned Megatron and his maniacal quest to become a god. The Autobots’ were the only place I could turn to be… safe.”

Fallouts gaze focused more inwardly for a moment.

“I was imprisoned in maximum security stasis for my… crimes… When your high command finally deigned fit to release me; I was forbidden to wear your insignia, not that I would choose too, so that all of your brethren would know what I TRULY am…”

"I serve the Autobot's... because none else would take me..."

He leaned in closer to Huntron, his massive frame seeming to dwarf the Autobot.

“Tell me Autobot, what does that make you think… knowing a criminal walks among you? Are you afraid… Huntron?”

Hunter Phoenix

Huntron listened in awe at the story of how Fallout came to be standing in front of him today, merely laughing when asked if he was afraid of being stood in front of a criminal.

"You must be joking right, you may be big, but you aren't that scary, I've been across worse Decepticons and lived to tell the tale"

Sizing the former Decepticon up, Huntron shrugged.

"Well, I'm glad you got given a second chance, maybe one day you will have the choice to wear the insignia, there aren't any Decepticons in this system apart from you, your one of us, not by choice I will admit, but your one of us and should have the right to wear the Autobot sign, even if you were a criminal"

Huntron was about to sit down against the wall when all of a sudden, Optimus' door opened and the ancient, wise voice drifted through.

"Huntron, Fallout, step inside"

Huntron looked at Fallout and then stepped into the quaters of the greatest living Autobot, he was shaking right down to his gears with excitement; it wasn't often Optimus had people in his quaters, prefering to send messages and commands over the commlink.

As Huntron and Fallout came into the quaters, Optimus turned away from his massive window where he could oversee pretty much all of the activities of the city.

"Huntron and Fallout reporting for duty Sir"

The young Autobot snapped to attention which Optimus admired.

"At ease you two, I don't stand on ceremony much these days"

Optimus sized up Fallout for a moment and chuckled

"So, your the ex Decepticon among my ranks, it is good to have you with us, I was surprised when I was told but I don't mind, I am sorry some of the troops have being roughing you about, I will sort that out for you"

"Now, I am sure you both want to know why I have summoned you here, well the answer is simple, I am sending you both to Cybertron with a small team to start building the foundations for a new Autobot city there so that we can slowly start to rebuild the planet, it has been abandoned for years because of the massive amounts of damage the wars scarred it with, but I believe now is the time for us to rebuild, so your orders are clear; gather a team, take the shuttle to Cybertron, build a small shell for the city, send a team member back to let us know and then more of us will be back to Cybertron to help you out"

Optimus looked in silence as Huntrons jaw fell slack, Fallout didn't look so much surprised as shocked.

"Something on your mind Fallout?"

drezdock

Fallout wasn’t sure how to take the Huntron’s response. He had been expecting some hint of fear, or at least the tensing of systems prepped for battle in responses to his thinly veiled menace. But instead… nothing. The Autobot hadn’t even so much as cycled an optic closed. Fallout considered this as the voice of The Prime summoned them into an interior chamber.

For all his time among the Autobots, Fallout had experience nothing short of derision or overt Hostility. Those who spoke to him, which were few and far between, spoke to him as a lesser being or as an unwanted and untrusted burden. Huntron had spoke to him as an equal, if not as a comrade.  It was foolish Autobot sentimentality….

He had never spoke with someone that way before. Even among the Decepticons, there was constant posturing for superiority and attempts to belittle the one next to you through words and actions that made yourself look better. To treat one as an equal was to only give them one step up in their quest to step on you. However, something about the openness in Huntrons behavior appealed to Fallouts’ warrior spark….

Fallout pondered this as The Prime announced the reason for their summons and the mission they were to undertake. Just standing in the Autobots presence he could understand why he was accepted as their uncontested leader. There was power, and grace behind his words; unlike the seething insanity lurking behind every one of Megatrons vocalizations.

“The behavior of your underlings has no bearing on me, other than interfering with my ability to perform my assigned duties.” Fallout responded when addressed by Prime.

“But I do not understand. Why send us to Cybertron? Would not a squad of construction drones be more suited to the task?”

Fallout hadn’t set a foot on the surface of Cybertron since the great wars. But from what he remembered, the Decepticons (including him) had left the planet a burning husk drifting in orbit.

Hunter Phoenix

Optimus smiled when Fallout asked about the constructicons that the Autobots had created centuries ago to combat the threat of Devastator.

"We could send them, but something tells me we need more than just Constructicons on Cybertron, I get the feeling there may be more than just burning buildings and rubble there, I don't know what it could be exactly, but I want you and Huntron and three other Autobots to go to Cybertron, we shall send the Constructicons with you, they will build the foundation whilst you and the others scout around and see what you can find, if anything, that will determine whether there is already activity on the planet or not"

Optimus had being having dreams recently of Cybertron and the return of the Decepticons, if this were to be true, it could mean the start of another war, a war that Cybertron might not ever recover from, a war so great, it could mean the ultimate destruction of Cybertron, Primus and the Vector Sigma computer that still resided within the core of the planet.

"Make sure Vector Sigma is not damaged, if there is even the slightest flux or slightest hint of damage to the computer internals, it could mean that the planet is becoming unstable and you should either try to repair it, or get out of there, gather up the team and come back to Earth"

Optimus then dismissed them both, Huntron hadn't spoken a word, he was shocked.

"Fallout, what was Cybertron like the last time you were there? I have never been there in my life, I was created on Earth"

Huntron had often had thoughts and visions about what Cybertron would be like, he knew it had sustained intense damage during the legendary Great War between the Autobots and Decepticons, but he had no idea what he should expect when they got there.

"Thats another thing, why us? Surely it would have been better to send some of the other Autobots, like Jetfire and Ironhide, maybe they are getting on a little bit though, they have been around almost as long as Prime has"

drezdock

Fallout considered Huntron’s question and Prime’s reasoning as they exited the audience chamber. If there truly were possible threats to the planned reconstruction of Cybertron, then it only made sense to send in a capable soldier such as Fallout to eliminate it. And considering Fallout’s status, it only made sense to send another Autobot to watch him and make sure the former Decepticon didn’t try anything. Optimus displayed great wisdom in his choice.

“In order to understand the way Cybertron was when I left, you must first picture what it was… before.” Fallout began as they walked, his voice heavy with remembrance.

“When I first came online, Cybertron was a paradise. Cities unlike any that you have ever dreamed stretched from one side of a continent to another, with spires that jutted out as to touch the stars above…”

“It was peaceful then. We Decepticons were not as we are now. We were the Military of Cybertron, while your Autobot’s were it’s political strength. We kept Cybertron safe from the likes of the Quintison’s and other enemies that threatened our peace and prosperity.”

“But we Decepticon’s knew the truth. The only way to protect paradise was to ensure that it was well armed. The Autobot’s would not allow this; they wanted to keep the Military small and weak. Their refusal to understand the innate vulnerability their peaceful ways created caused we Decepticons to rebel.”

“We waged war on the Autobot’s, attempting to overthrow their government and replace it with a strong one that knew the benefits of a mighty military that could vanquish any foe. Sides were chosen. Lines were drawn, and glorious was had…”

Fallout paused momentarily as they reached a lift at the end of the hallway. He pressed the button to summon the conveyance, and continued his story while they waited.

“All that changed when Megatron was brought online. He was to be our great leader. The finest Military mind ever created. But something was… wrong. Megatron was powerful yes, and intelligent no doubt, but he was also insane. Under his lead, our campaign turned from the sacred battle to defend Cybertron from those who weakened it, to a campaign of genocide.”

“Entire cities of civilians, who had no part in our war, destroyed at the order of Megatron. It was not enough for him to simply assume power. He had to destroy any who he even thought might oppose his rule. Autobot prisoners who had surrendered honorably were brutally executed… or worse. We hung their sparkles bodies from the walls of our bases to show what would happen to those who opposed Decepticon Rule.”

“Our war destroyed Cybertron, and like a parasite fleeing it’s host when the body can’t sustain it anymore; Megatron took the Decepticons and fled. His hunger for power was as a black hole; never filling no matter how much was pulled inside, and he would destroy the entire galaxy if it meant he could increase his power. Cybertron was left a ruin. It’s cities burning slags of molten steel. It’s ones great spires, broken and collapsed. It’s people… all but dead. That is what we return to; the mangled body of our own home world."

The lift came and Fallout stepped inside, holding the door open for Huntron.

“And as to why we were chosen. More than likely, it is because WE are expendable. If their truly is a threat, I doubt prime would risk his most trusted lieutenants. I am a Decepticon and you are a relative unknown. Why not send us in first to gauge the level of the threat… it is what any great leader would do. It is what Megatron would have done…”

Hunter Phoenix

Huntron listened in absolute silence as Fallout told him all about Cybertron before, during and after it's fall into ruin, when he finally spoke, he felt upset in his spark.

"That is truly terrible, I hope we get to rebuild it, the wars have made us stronger than we were back then, we could easily defend it, especially since we have Prime to lead us, he led the other Autobots to victory in the end, he can do it again"

He considered the notion of being expendable and tried to put a good spin on it.

"Maybe he sends us because he wants to show the others that you can be trusted, as for me, I have proven myself a very capable scout, maybe this is a sign that he believes in my skills enough to send me on this mission, if there is anything there, we will find it, if it tries to stop us, we will crush it, with your mighty warrior ways and my speed, we make a good team"

He was trying his best to be positive, especially in front of the massive warrior like former Decepticon, inside he wasn't so sure.

"Megatron and Optimus are totally different bots, they are both the greatest leaders the factions have ever had, ok their methods vary, Megatron was a psychopath and possibly still is, Optimus is wise and compassionate, Optimus will always win in the end, no matter what, if a few of us expire along the way, then that is the way it will have to be"

Huntron kept walking along with Fallout, feeling a little put out that the former Decepticon considered him expendable material, not worthy of major notice and that he was generally an unnoticed Autobot, just some piece of metal to be used and cast aside when he had outlived his usefulness.

drezdock

Fallout couldn’t help but chuckle darkly at the smaller Autobot’s optimism and enthusiasm. It felt good to laugh. It had been too long since he had done it last. Against his better judgment he was actually starting to like the little Autobot, if only just a little.

“Perhaps Huntron. Perhaps…”

Fallout considered the likelihood that two of them could protect a team of constructicons, while fighting a possible unknown alien menace. He didn’t like the odds. Certainly he would take his fair share of enemies with him, but he wasn’t aware of Huntron’s battle prowess.

“You are brave to be so willing to sacrifice your spark in the name of your cause” Fallout said with admiration.
“But you do not win a war by dying for your cause, you win it by making the enemy die for theirs.”

Fallout chuckled again at the old soldiers joke before continuing.

“Such blind faith in the guaranteed success of The Prime is unwise. Megatron and Optimus are different; this is true, as different as night is to day. But Megatron has one strength that Optimus lacks. He will stop at NOTHING to attain his goals. Optimus cares too much for his friends to allow them to be harmed. Megatron can use this against him.”

Fallout paused for a moment and turned to face Huntron.

“I hope for all our sakes, that you are correct on your optimism Huntron. Unfortunately, my programming doesn’t allow me to share it… If Prime does fall, and Megatron proves victorious, this entire universes will be plunged into a nightmare from which it may never awake…”

Fallout paused and resumed walking.

“But I speak out of turn. I am but a soldier. Let those that were created to think do so. Ours is not to question our duty, but to perform it until we are nothing more than the piles of scrap from whence we came. “

Fallout was quite for a few minutes in thought before he spoke again.

“When do you wish to depart?”

Hunter Phoenix

Huntron shrugged

"I will depart whenever you and the constructicons are ready"

He pondered the words of Fallout while they walked.

"Maybe Megatron is a little more ruthless than Optimus, but our allies and friends are just as important as our goal, if we have to fight to defend them when they are threatened, so be it, it happens all the time, we just do the best we can and that is all that is asked of us, we give 100% all the time"

He thought for a moment, he was enjoying the banter with Fallout, even if it was about something quite serious and ancient.

"To win a war, tactic is required as much as drive to achieve a goal, that is something Megatron lacks, he has the drive, but he does not always consider every factor in a situation, he has been known to leave the smallest of details out of his equations and thinking, so he will always be beaten, even by lesser bots like myself, I am a simple scout and yet with the right thinking, I could potentially topple the greatest of minds"

He looked up at the hulking Fallout, the Decepticon wasn't as bad as bots said he was, Huntron certainly didn't mind talking to him.

"Let us hope there is no threat on Cybertron, but you never know what could have settled there during the time it has been abandoned, there is always that chance of some sort of space creature"

drezdock

Fallout considered Huntron’s words.

“There is some truth in your words.” He said, “You have a wisdom beyond your cycles. ”

Fallout smiled at Huntron's mention of what might lay ahead. It was not a pretty sight.

“Yes, there is always the chance of some unknown creature settling... Possibly even something hostile… “

Fallout looked Huntron up and down, almost as if seeing him for the first time.

“It is kind of you to remind me of the bright side of out mission. I even begin to suspect a warriors spark may yet burn inside your diminutive chassis…you would have made a fine Decepticon.”

Fallout turned to head towards the shuttle area.

“Let us ensure the constructicons are assembled. I wish to be underway within the cycle.”

Hunter Phoenix

Huntron chuckled drily at Fallouts comment

"I doubt I could ever imagine myself being a Decepticon, you will make a good Autobot though"

He nodded when Fallout suggested they assemble the constructicons.

"Sounds like a plan, the sooner we are underway the better off we will be, if there is anything hostile on the planet, it will soon be removed"

drezdock

Fallout nodded. The two then made their way to the hangar. Upon entering the hangar, Fallout was only slightly surprised to see a large cargo ship in the middle that was being prepped for takeoff. A squad of approximately twelve Constructicons appeared to be finishing loading crates of supplies into the cargo hold of the ship.

“Apparently Prime was eager for us depart quickly as well…” Fallout said to Huntron.

Fallout moved forward to inspect the exterior of the ship. It was typical Autobot design; minimal offensive weaponry and heavily shielded. It appeared to have been refitted with long-range capabilities to aide in a speedy trip to Cybertron, but Fallout was nonplussed.

“This appears to be our vessel. Ensure the construction drones are ready, while I finish liftoff preparation.”

With that, Fallout stepped aboard the ship and headed towards the bridge.