Female seeking literate roleplay partner. [Updated 11/3]

Started by rottenaim, April 26, 2011, 12:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rottenaim

The ideas I have listed below call mainly for a male, but I am completely comfortable with having a female writer play the male character. Feel free to review my on and offs, and past posts to get an idea of my writing style. If you like the plot ideas and are interested in taking on a role, please pm me rather than replying to this thread. I'll respond as soon as I can. Thanks for reading!  :-)

Rabbit Heart (Raise it Up) by Florence + The Machine, Song and lyrics.

1. Mythological twist/Romance/Tragedy vs Ill-fated love - M/F
It's pretty much inspired by the song with a link to it posted above. It's a retake on King Midas' myth/legend. Silenus, a satyr, old schoolmaster and foster father to the Greek god Dionysis, had wandered off and was lost, found by King Midas and treated well and hospitably. Upon his return to Dionysis, Midas was gifted with one wish. His wish was that everything he turned would turn to gold. In this retelling, Midas has just recently been crowned king and is to be wed. His wish has turned into a curse as everything he touches turns to gold. His fiancee is saved only because Midas realizes to touch her would be to kill her. Midas prays to Dionysis for this gift to be taken from him. Dionysis relents to the point allowing what food or drink Midas is to consume be spared. Midas is not satisfied, he demands that the gift which is truly the bane of his existence be removed. Dionysis does not take to the 'demand' well, although he does offer a way to be free of his 'gift'. It comes at a high cost. The god requires the sacrifice of his beloved.

So that's basically it in a nutshell. I think it has great potential, and certainly it isn't written in stone, but I would like to think eventually there's a way to 'cure' Midas without involving her death. The sacrifice wouldn't necessarily have to be 'death'. It could be her virginity or whatever. Or it could be left darkly dramatic and let it be her death.

This is just a rough draft of an idea and I would certainly want and desire input and ideas from the co-writer.

2. Historic/Drama/Doomed Romance - M/F -Taken
1940’s. It’s a sort of take off the movie Shining Through. A young woman has been trained by the Allies to become a spy. Through a twist of chance she is hired as a nanny to a widowed Nazi leader. She has access to highly prized documents and plans of the Reich and plans to attempt to ferret photographs of those documents back to the Allies. She is unaware she is under suspicion by her employer. He has developed some feelings for her and is conflicted on what to do. 

The story could take different twists and turns depending on who I’m writing with. He could be a hardened Nazi, get her to confess, either resulting in her death or possible escape. Or he could waver in his allegiance to the Reich, escape with her and the children and become fugitives. Or something else entirely, who knows! I’m open to any/all suggestions.

3. Historic/Romance M/F
1940’s. Yet another WWII inspiration. An Allied solider is caught behind enemy lines, injured, separated from his troop, thought to be dead. He is taken in by a German woman nurses him back to health and protects him from being discovered the Reich.

Again, could take all sorts of twists and turns, potential for drama galore. Open to suggestions, additions or whatever from whoever would like to write this with me.

4. Time travel/Historic/Comedic vs dramatic but I am leaning heavily toward comedic M/F or F/F -Taken
Present day a girl is given a pocket watch from her grandfather on his death bed. He gives it to her with limited instruction as to how it works. She becomes curious and ‘plays’ with it. Before you know it she’s transported back in time to the wild west/ancient Rome/Jack the Ripper’s foggy London streets? Chaos, calamity and comedy ensue.

Just a thought that popped into my head that sounded like it could be great fun. Again, just a rough draft awaiting whatever suggestions and ideas co-writer would like to include.

DarkestDreams

Quote from: rottenaim on April 26, 2011, 12:21:07 PM
4. Time travel/Historic/Comedic vs dramatic but I am leaning heavily toward comedic M/F or F/F
Present day a girl is given a pocket watch from her grandfather on his death bed. He gives it to her with limited instruction as to how it works. She becomes curious and ‘plays’ with it. Before you know it she’s transported back in time to the wild west/ancient Rome/Jack the Ripper’s foggy London streets? Chaos, calamity and comedy ensue.

Just a thought that popped into my head that sounded like it could be great fun. Again, just a rough draft awaiting whatever suggestions and ideas co-writer would like to include.

Being a pretty huge Doctor Who fan this does sound like it could be a blast! I am pretty rusty on my writing and me having an actual sense of humour is debatable (though why anyone would go to the trouble is beyond me) but we can discuss this further through PM and see if we can get something started. Ancient Rome would be brilliant to start with!

Ad. You could add yet another twist to it by having her transport herself (either by accident or intentional) to various different times but meeting the "same" person everywhere she goes. Potential romance there but most definitely the potential for awkward, humorous moments.
Come, and let us dance in dreams of darkness..

ON/OFFs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=7498.0 (or PM to find out)

Kirinis

Quote from: rottenaim on April 26, 2011, 12:21:07 PM
3. Historic/Romance M/F
1940’s. Yet another WWII inspiration. An Allied solider is caught behind enemy lines, injured, separated from his troop, thought to be dead. He is taken in by a German woman nurses him back to health and protects him from being discovered the Reich.

Again, could take all sorts of twists and turns, potential for drama galore. Open to suggestions, additions or whatever from whoever would like to write this with me.

This seems like a intriguing concept.  I'll be PMing you with further details as I brainstorm up my proposal.

rottenaim

A couple more ideas I'd really like to do.

In Disguise - Games of Throne inspired.
Basically it's the story surrounding a character that I created for a roleplay room that fizzled out. I never got to play out her story and would dearly love to, at least a part of it. She flees an arranged marriage to a man that she despises. She masculine-izes her appearance - chopping off her hair, etc, goes to the Wall and 'takes the black', thinking that would be the only place he wouldn't look for her. That's it in a nutshell. I see this as NC, with my partner taking on the role of the ditched fiancee, or blackmail from a fellow of the Night's Watch who discovers her secret.  Nothing is written in stone though, so I'd be more than happy to have some give and take of ideas with a writing partner. Having a healthly love for the Game of Thrones genre would be a huge plus.

Hades/Persephone. Taken
Hades, the ancient greek god of the underworld takes [literally] a wife, Persephone - the daughter of Demeter, who of course becomes rather enraged over the whole thing. I'm up for a retelling of the myth or even a modernized version of it. I want it to be the ultimate Love/Hate relationship. Lots of fun, no? Pm me if interested and we'll discuss.